The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"stop using the word authentic!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

hne 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-11-05, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hne Click to send private message to hne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"stop using the word authentic!"
Is anyone else sick of the over-use of "authentic" and "being present"? It's starting to seem like those words are generalities that keep the women from articulating what is really going on.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: stop using the word authentic! wiskysgrl 11-11-05 1
   RE: stop using the word authentic! SeasonedRefinement 11-11-05 2
   RE: stop using the word authentic! wzmartin 12-06-05 9
 RE: stop using the word authentic! atzd 11-12-05 3
   RE: stop using the word authentic! mhb0125 11-12-05 4
 RE: stop using the word authentic! nz girl 11-12-05 5
   RE: stop using the word authentic! loretta54 11-12-05 6
 RE: stop using the word authentic! Bethannn 12-06-05 7
   RE: stop using the word authentic! LisaA 12-06-05 8
   RE: stop using the word authentic! AshLanie 12-07-05 12
 RE: stop using the word authentic! SOwatch 12-06-05 10
   RE: stop using the word authentic! imstartingoveralso 12-07-05 11
       RE: stop using the word authentic! mhb0125 12-07-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wiskysgrl 74 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-11-05, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wiskysgrl Click to send private message to wiskysgrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: stop using the word authentic!"
I don't think they have a clue as to what "authentic" or "being present" means. I think they're clueless to anything going on. And YES I'm so tired of hearing it.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-11-05, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: stop using the word authentic!"
The last time I wasn't "present in the moment" was yesterday. Actually, I wasn't "present" for about 45 moments...but that had a lot to do with the nitrous oxide the dentist was pumping into me during a nasty root canal.

"Authentic", "being present", "acknowledging", "be a great day"...they are all little catch phrases that make up the language of SO.

Take heart, when Rhonda or Iyanla introduce a new word or two - and they will - "authentic" will go the way of "groovy".

wzmartin 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-06-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wzmartin Click to send private message to wzmartin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: stop using the word authentic!"
Yes! I've been thinking the same thing for weeks now! I have to laugh when Christina uses it, because she has no idea what it means, she's just "parroting" it back because the others say it. Oh, and I wish Allison would stop saying "devastated," too. Irritating!

atzd 83 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-05, 03:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail atzd Click to send private message to atzd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: stop using the word authentic!"
Right on! Authentic, being present, it drives me insane. I don't think anyone knows the true meaning of it, and it especially drives me crazy when one of the housemates says in the confessional that another is not being authentic. If it wouldn't be so sad, it would actually be funny!

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-12-05, 04:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: stop using the word authentic!"
I was just saying that to myself watching today's show. If I hear authentic one more time, UGGHHHH!!! It drives me insane. Haven't they ever heard of synonyms? I like to use all of the words in my vocabulary not just say the same one when trying to talk about something. Like, instead of authentic-say genuine!! Okay, being present-aware!! If would make more for better tv if they got these ladies a thesaurus and a dictionary. Don't you think!!!

nz girl 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-05, 05:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nz%20girl Click to send private message to nz%20girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: stop using the word authentic!"
I think we have nyanza to thank for the "authentic" word - though I think she was far from it and don't know how she attained her goal and graduated.
anyway, "be a great day"

loretta54 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-12-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail loretta54 Click to send private message to loretta54 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: stop using the word authentic!"
i not fond of that word either. ok, now everyone be their authentic selves and be a great day and always be present every second of every day.

Bethannn 5 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-05, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bethannn Click to send private message to Bethannn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: stop using the word authentic!"
AMEN! My first post was about this very thing and it got locked out so I am glad to find this one. These HG are so into psycho-babble I don't think they can articulate their real feelings. I mean, who in real life uses "being present" and "authentic self"? What does "being present" mean? How can you not be present - except under anesthesia? I wish they would just speak english and say what they really feel, or at least the LCs should teach them how. The LCs keep talking about the "funk" but won't coach them on how to get rid of it. What was the deal with that stupid life boat exercise?? The LCs just leave the room and say "A discussion needs to take place". Well that is certainly enlightening. These poor women have the worst communication skills ever.

LisaA 31 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaA Click to send private message to LisaA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: stop using the word authentic!"
That term can be misused and i get sick of it too, but it is a good word.

In Rhonda's book, Fearless Living, she talks about your authentic self as the part of you that's most capable and honest. Gary Zukav would call that 'the soul'.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-07-05, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: stop using the word authentic!"
Season two's word: INTEGRITY

Season three: AUTHENTIC

Season four: CANCELLED

SOwatch 35 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-05, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOwatch Click to send private message to SOwatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: stop using the word authentic!"
I don't think any of the women know what being authentic really means and what exactly is being present?

imstartingoveralso 81 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail imstartingoveralso Click to send private message to imstartingoveralso Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: stop using the word authentic!"
I think the overused words bug us, because it seems to be only words and nothing else. If there was something behind it, we probably would not even notice the words.

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-07-05, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: stop using the word authentic!"
Another word that is getting way overused---uncomfortable! I would be uncomfortable in a Volkswagen with 12 people, not when someone is trying to tell me something!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •