The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bad spoilers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-03, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bad spoilers"
Consider this a rant, but it seems that there are a LOT of bad spoilers out there.

Even weight loss spoilers have proved barely worthy of consideration. Jeanne supposedly lost 25+ pounds. She's in Loser Lodge.

Shawna was supposed to go "4th for 5th" and Alex "5th or 6th"... and neither of these happened.

The ChillOne spoiler has been close... but has inaccuracies as well.

SNewser obviously has a source, but isn't sharing anything with anyone until the last (too late) moment. This is also demoralizing.

So what's going on? Why is the spoiler info so bad this season, as opposed to other seasons? Why are we having such problems? The cogniscenti of this board had either Alex or Shawna... turns out Alex wasn't even an issue, it was between Matt and Shawna.

Your comments?

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bad spoilers anninvt2002 03-20-03 1
 RE: Bad spoilers wildchickenhunter 03-20-03 2
 RE: Bad spoilers janisella 03-20-03 3
   RE: Bad spoilers dabo 03-20-03 6
 Dark-Gray, Not Black and White Krautboy 03-20-03 4
   RE: Dark-Gray, Not Black and White ulalame 03-20-03 10
   RE: Dark-Gray, Not Black and White SurvivinDawg 03-20-03 12
       Evaluation of weight loss forehead 03-20-03 14
           RE: Evaluation of weight loss Brownroach 03-20-03 19
       RE: Dark-Gray, Not Black and White tribephyl 03-20-03 16
 RE: Bad spoilers ElroyJetson 03-20-03 5
   RE: Bad spoilers Silvergirl1 03-20-03 22
 Competition with Direct Sources Rain Crow 03-20-03 7
 RE: Bad spoilers jennk 03-20-03 8
   RE: Bad spoilers Q 03-20-03 9
       RE: Bad spoilers VerucaSalt 03-20-03 11
           RE: Bad spoilers Brownroach 03-20-03 20
   RE: Bad spoilers SurvivinDawg 03-20-03 13
       RE: Bad spoilers jennk 03-20-03 15
       RE: Bad spoilers cowboyroo 03-20-03 18
       RE: Bad spoilers ulalame 03-20-03 21
 keep in mind about weight loss OBX 03-20-03 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

anninvt2002 86 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-20-03, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anninvt2002 Click to send private message to anninvt2002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bad spoilers"
I will rant with you but first of all congrats to the two on island game who got it right. After last weeks disappointment with my pick of Shawna and not Jeanne (Gene) and with Snewser late news that it was Jeanne, I decided not to look at Snewser until after the show. I couldn't believe it. After reading the wonder SOTS and Chill One I was sure I had this right. I am disappointed but it did rekindle my interest to search even deeper for spoiler info. BTY...Thanks Dawg for all you do for us spoiler wannabes.

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-20-03, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bad spoilers"
I think we have all been thrown off by anorexic women showing there B**bs, or may be it is just throwing me off.

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-20-03, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bad spoilers"
I don't think this season is any better or worse than past ones. We always get both good and bad info. The trick is to sift through it and figure out what to believe. Overall, we're doing pretty well this season.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-03, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bad spoilers"
Agree. I also think maybe CO made us lazy somewhat by throwing so much intel out so early, so we may have gotten away from pure spoiling a bit. And as to weight loss spoilers becoming suddenly unreliable; there was always that prospect, it was finally realized, no big deal. What we're missing, frankly, are only the blatant red herrings and cloddish hoaxes of the past.

We could use some more wild speculation rather than homoginization, though.

SMILES ARE FREE

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-20-03, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Dark-Gray, Not Black and White"
Dawg: We're all feeling frustrated, but I think it's because we're always so close, even when we make the wrong call...

The spoilers have actually been pretty good, but not always right or wrong in a black and white sort of way. They've been dark gray or light gray. Fore example:

>Even weight loss spoilers have proved
>barely worthy of consideration.
>Jeanne supposedly lost 25+ pounds.
> She's in Loser Lodge.

The weight loss spoilers were accurate for 4 of the 5 voted out, and if Alex goes next, they'll be 6 of 7. That's really not too bad.

>Shawna was supposed to go "4th
>for 5th" and Alex "5th
>or 6th"... and neither of
>these happened.

On the other hand it appears that they may go in the order these spoilers predict, and pre-jury as these spolers predict. So, once again the spoilers are actually pretty good, just not right or wrong in a mathematical kind of absolute way. Dark-gray/light-gray, not black and white.

>The ChillOne spoiler has been close...
>but has inaccuracies as well.

The ChillOne has been an incredible spoiler when given the right amount of weight and when used in conjunction with the other information we have. As far as I'm concerned, the ChillOne has been 100%, in a "dark-gray" kind of way

>
>SNewser obviously has a source, but
>isn't sharing anything with anyone
>until the last (too late)
>moment. This is also
>demoralizing.

Yes Snewser has a source, but by not revealing it until after Spoiler Island, Piranha Pool, and other games close. It keeps everyone on a level playing field and allows us to feel even better when we predict correctly without inside information.

It's also helps us to get over our disappointment before the actual show airs, so that we can enjoy it more, and look for the clues we missed along the way.

>So what's going on? Why
>is the spoiler info so
>bad this season, as opposed
>to other seasons? Why
>are we having such problems?

Were not doing that poorly, you're probably just a perfectionist (you wanted to go 16-0).

> The cogniscenti of this
>board had either Alex or
>Shawna... turns out Alex wasn't
>even an issue, it was
>between Matt and Shawna.

Dawg, it WAS between Alex and Shawna, because we were looking at it in terms of boot order, Alex followed by Shawna or Shawna followed by Alex, in either scenario it seemed that Matthew would be second in the TC voting (and many of us who voted in the Piranha Pool game predicted Matthew to get the second most votes). Matt wasn't a consideration for us because he's being considered for F2.

Yes, we were wrong in a black and white way, but we were close in a "dark-gray" sort of way.

>Your comments?

Dawg: Don't despair, sure we have that empty, hollow feeling (not to be confused with "The Hollow Theory"), but we've been right much more than we've been wrong, and when we've been wrong we've been close, in a "dark-gray" sort of way...

We're still winning...even in Black and White:

Spoiler Community 4 -- Mark Burnett (EPM) 2

Keep up the good work!

Krautboy

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-20-03, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Dark-Gray, Not Black and White"
Well put, Krautboy! I'm actually pretty impressed at how well we've been doing this season. 4 correct in a row out of the box is pretty darn good. The only real "surprise" was Jeanne last week, as we all had pretty much concluded it would be Shawna/Alex or Alex/Shawna in weeks 5 and 6.

I think one reason this season feels "different" is because of Chill One's spoilers, which while not being right on, gave us a LOT of information from the get go, which in some ways has left the spoiling community a little bit complacent, lazy, and eager to fit all the pegs into the box so they coincide with the CO and other seemingly valid spoilers, rather than speculating based upon what we've learned from watching the shows and the inter-tribal dynamics.

This week I think an effort should be made to keep an open mind and consider all possibilities before coming to a conclusion.

Overall, I think it's been a pretty good spoiling season so far. I'm personally gratified by the fact that Snewser has held back on revealing his source until after the games close, too, as it makes the prediction games more competative, and those who arrive at the correct conclusion on their own (hi Kokoro, hi IceCat ) are being justly and appropriately awarded. Good job all, and keep up the great spoiling!

03-20-03, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Dark-Gray, Not Black and White"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-03 AT 12:03 PM (EST)

>Shawna was supposed to go "4th
>for 5th" and Alex "5th
>or 6th"... and neither of
>these happened.

On the other hand it appears that they may go in the order these spoilers predict, and pre-jury as these spolers predict. So, once again the spoilers are actually pretty good, just not right or wrong in a mathematical kind of absolute way. Dark-gray/light-gray, not black and white.

I guess this is the one that gets me angriest... it SAID "4th or 5th" for Shawna and "5th or 6th" for Alex... bottom line is that this spoiler was WRONG. And this isn't the perfectionist in me coming out.

And in the same vein, we have ChillOne... just how reliable IS the rest of it? Is it just wrong enough to lead us astray by one position... say Heidi's 6th place finish, or Christy in the Final Four? This is my entire point about the situation this year... sure there have been wrong spoilers out there, but never quite like what we have this year.

The weight loss spoilers were accurate for 4 of the 5 voted out, and if Alex goes next, they'll be 6 of 7. That's really not too bad.

True, but since it was so wrong for Jeanne, it causes me to wonder if other weight loss spoilers can be counted on? (in the same light as the above gripe about chillone, etc.)

Dawg, it WAS between Alex and Shawna, because we were looking at it in terms of boot order, Alex followed by Shawna or Shawna followed by Alex, in either scenario it seemed that Matthew would be second in the TC voting (and many of us who voted in the Piranha Pool game predicted Matthew to get the second most votes). Matt wasn't a consideration for us because he's being considered for F2.

After I posted, I thought of this, too, and I agree with you here.

Yes Snewser has a source, but by not revealing it until after Spoiler Island, Piranha Pool, and other games close. It keeps everyone on a level playing field and allows us to feel even better when we predict correctly without inside information.

I'd rather see the info... let EVERYONE see it early. After all, aren't we here to SPOIL it for MB? Keeping it back until the last moment is contrary to that principle, IMHO. And as to the other games, I know what you're saying... but in Spoiler Island we still have to get the RC and IC winners right, etc.

I may be alone in thinking this, but I'd rather hear from SNewser on Friday morning.

It's also helps us to get over our disappointment before the actual show airs, so that we can enjoy it more, and look for the clues we missed along the way.

Here we'll have to disagree. Speaking only for myself, and I might be the only one who feels this way, but it really demoralizes and depresses me to see SNewser's info come out different than everyone else's spoiling (and for 2 weeks in a row now), and then go watch the program knowing that we're likely wrong because he has a source. It doesn't get ME over it before the show airws, and I enjoy it less, not more. I'm never looking for clues we missed DURING the show, because it's a moot point, and too late, by then. And I'm too busy looking for clues for the NEXT week when the show airs...

And not reading his post at all is not a solution.. I'd still be demoralized seeing it afterward.

I guess it goes back to what I was saying above: if you have SCOOP, give it to us Friday morning, or whenever you get it!

Okay, nuff ranting.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-03, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Evaluation of weight loss"
I agree with KB (of course ). One comment I'd like to add deals with weight loss.

>The weight loss spoilers were accurate for 4 of the 5 voted out, and if Alex goes next, they'll be 6 of 7. That's really not
too bad.

>
>True, but since it was so wrong for Jeanne, it causes me to wonder if other weight loss spoilers can be counted on? (in the same light as the above gripe about chillone, etc.)
>

There are two kinds of weight loss indicators.
I. X lost Y lbs in the game
II. X lost Y lbs ON RETURN IN THE US

There is a huge difference. You can lose a lot of lbs in the game, but if you have over a week on the jury or more in LL, you'll gain back a lot. Weight loss spoilers of type II are the golden nuggets. The CG final 5 in Thailand had spoilers of type II. Therefore, it was easy to deduce that they were in fact going to be the final 5, because even #5 only has 6 days to gain back weight.

Jeanne's weight loss spoiler did not specify whether it was I or II. Moreover, it was merely a one liner posted in the chillone thread here at SB by a one time poster who never posted again. That's why I always considered Jeanne to be a wild card.

Now, let's use Jeanne's info. She lost 25 lbs in game. Deena is said to have lost 30 lbs. We need to know whether that was in game (in which case we can see a confirmation with early jury duty), or on return in the US (in which case she would more likely be in the final 6 or so.)

Because of this job-thing, I don't have time to go back to the weight loss spoilers out there, but type I vs. type II classification is really needed to put weight loss spoilers to good use.

Dawg, while I was disappointed like you to see a perfect record blown, I agree with KB that 4 out of 6 is not bad at all, moreover we were pretty close with Shawna (6 vs 5) and could still be with Alex. We're doing way better than chance here.

forehead

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-03, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Evaluation of weight loss"
Just to inject a response, Forehead -- Deena's and Matt's weight loss spoilers are both type II: people who saw them on return noticed distinct weight loss. Rob's is also type II since it comes from photo's taken after he got back.

However, someone who seems to know Rob posted (once) in Rob's thread, to say that the quality of the post-boot food wasn't so hot, so earlier boots may not have gained back weight that quickly. Don't know how much this person knows, but it sounded like Rob might have told him this, if the post is legit at all.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-03, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Dark-Gray, Not Black and White"
I'd rather see the info... let EVERYONE see it early. After all, aren't we here to SPOIL it for MB? Keeping it back until the last moment is contrary to that principle, IMHO. And as to the other games, I know what you're saying... but in Spoiler Island we still have to get the RC and IC winners right, etc.

I whole-heartedly stand by you with this thought. We are here to spoil the show. The point in spoiling is to Spoil. Sorry folks, if you don't like it, don't look.

So what if we are all even/close in the games! Or that some people get knocked out of contention because they were late on checking out what Snewser says! These games, like Survivor itself, are best played by those who play the odds, switch sides at the last moment and backstab others. Not by the ones who have played fairly and with dignity.

My big Question: Is Snewser working for MB now? How come he has chosen the path of "goodness"? Spoil for frickssakes!!! The earlier the better!

tribephyl

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-03, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Bad spoilers"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-03 AT 09:29 AM (EST)

I apologize for my performance. I'm at the lowest of the lowest part of my life and none of you understand! I have bugs in my teeth when I sleep and I just want a Vanilla Coke. My dark places are infested and my manioc is moldy.

Wait, is that Shania Twain walking into the Spoiling Camp? I'm feeling much better now! All of you now tell me where you'd take me on a date!

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-03, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Bad spoilers"

ROTFL!

Okay, back to spoiling. (I don't know how to spoil - what am I doing over here?)

Praying Everyday for our Troops safe return

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-20-03, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Competition with Direct Sources"
I think part of my frustration stems from the fact that most of us spoilers have to sift through a variety of evidence, meager to occasionally plentiful, while some with Direct Sources (DS) probably don't even bother. Anyone with a DS can just kick back and laugh at us por ragamuffins wallowing in the skimpy swill of spoiler info.

Please be aware that I am not mad at Snewser, just looking reality (pun intended!) in the face. He can beat us like a stepchild without breaking a sweat.

Taking it to the extreme...MB or JP (the ultimate DS!) could register on the spoiler boards and sweep Spoiler Island, Anti-Bootee, Piranha Pool, etc. Hard to beat a pat hand!!!

I suppose all we can do is accept the fact that some in the spoiling community may have a DS feeding them many, if not all, the episode results. Given that, we can either quit, or we can continue to enjoy our spoiling efforts, including even hoping WE might turn up a DS to feed US and occasional tidbit of accurate intel . It seems to me that we, as spoilers, tread a devious path where we want lots of spoiler data to work with, but secretly dread having too much.

I have to ask myself, "would I enjoy watching Survivor if I had been given a list of the challenge results and the bootee order?" In all honesty, I would not. I would take NO personal pride or satisfaction with such knowledge.

Let's suppose Jiffy had a "secret" spoiler board where each week we could go to get the scoop on each episode. What would be the good of this? Why even bother with spoiling or, for that matter, even watching the show? I enjoy watching the show and TRYING to spoil it. In my opinion, having a sure thing would destroy such enjoyment.

What I have been leading up to, I suppose, is this. I personally will no longer check Snewsers predictions before the show and will not read any SB posts regarding Snewsers predictions. It is my way of dealing with my frustration I suppose, but I think it will work for me. I will no doubt suffer in my efforts to play the various spoiler games, but I can live with it. I can accept the results of my decisions.

I am not recruiting others to join me, but I must throw out one last suggestion. Since Snewser clearly has a DS, my recommendation for the Blows Board is that we all make a point of not posting any of Snewsers predictions until after each episode is over.

Think it over my friends.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

jennk 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-20-03, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jennk Click to send private message to jennk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Bad spoilers"
I'm still not truly convinced Snewser has an inside source. Hindsite is obviously 20/20 but, I really don't think Snewser's picks were all that out there.

There are some people on here that are really good at defending their positions and sway those of us who are newer at this.. or, I guess I should say there are some of you who make great arguements and as a newbie I fall in line and don't question it.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-20-03, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Bad spoilers"
I'm still not truly convinced Snewser has an inside source. Hindsite is obviously 20/20 but, I really don't think Snewser's picks were all that out there.

I disagree, I think he 100% has an inside source. On his boot list for Jeanne, he states, that boot snuck up on him, YET, he choose her to go prior to air time. So it snuck up on him, yet he got it right, ie, inside source.

Plus his track record also backs up inside information.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-20-03, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Bad spoilers"
I may be the lone one but I'm actually kind of glad here, it looked like we were going to have a very predictable season WITH all the information we have and lord knows there is an abundance of it this season. Alex was as good of choice as Shawna was based on the analysis of what we had; I certainly was not going against my reasoning for Alex with everything accumulated. The fact that Shawna went IMO meant there was a conversation that occurred somewhere on that tribe we would not be privy to because until that discussion the Jambi's had about who was going to boot who and who didn't or did care about leaving, I still felt Alex was a good call.

The Jeanne boot I wasn't too disappointed about b/c I picked Roger to go and since I didn't know exactly how the two tribes would end up Roger wasn't a poor choice but again, something happened that we would have no way of knowing for sure (how the tribes were swapped) and since Jeanne AND Roger ended up on the same tribe, well.....

So color me the only one but this episode actually didn't bother me, I'm glad with ALL the information we have there might be one or two surprises coming.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-03, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Bad spoilers"
I agree with this -- for last night's Ep, it was really the unknown tribal dynamics that did us in.

I STILL don't understand why they booted Shawna instead of Alex, except that it seemed Rob had some kind of alliance with Alex (who'da thunk it?). So if Rob didn't want to vote for Alex OR Matt, he probably talked Deena into voting for Shawna.

For her part, Deena didn't have to go along, she (and Jenna) could have gone with Shawna and Alex to eliminate Matt. But she may have felt that Rob was at least there to play the game, and was more dependable in that respect than Shawna would ever be.

Anyway. Whatever. The spoilers we had AND game logic worked best for an Alex boot last night, imo.

I wasn't too disappointed in the Jeanne boot either, merely because, to me, Jeanne was the hardest person to get any fix on where she was going to finish. So I was just as glad to get her out of the way early.

03-20-03, 12:08 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Bad spoilers"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-03 AT 12:08 PM (EST)

I have to disagree with you: SNewser must absolutely have a source, especially about Jeanne. There was almost NO way to get Jeanne's name out of spoiling what we knew.

Even afterward, I went back and thought of ways we could have gotten her right. I was dead-on about the CBS poll question about Shawna meaning she's really probably safe... but then I would've had to conclude that Dave (or maybe Roger, although other spoiler info has him for later), not Jeanne was the likely choice to go next. The only scenario I saw was that you'd have to correctly predict one-by-one tribe reshuffling (since that's how the original tribes were picked in S-5, that's not too hard to come up with), THEN realize that Dave would think with his little head and take Heidi from Jenna (and NO preview gave any indication of this), and THEN realize that Jeanne, not Christy, would be the more likely target AND realize that Christy or Heidi would go with the guys, not that one of the guys would go with the three women.

No, clearly it's a source.

jennk 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-20-03, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jennk Click to send private message to jennk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Bad spoilers"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-03 AT 01:59 PM (EST)

Okay, so pretend for a moment you didn't have any spoiling info at all for episode 5. Clearly you would have thought Jeanne was the one to go next on the girls tribe. (Maybe Shawna but, the boobie alliance would want to keep her as long as possible for voting.. just like the week before.. plus Jeanne was a threat.. like Joanna).

Now, assume you did know there was going to be a swap. I don't think there's a clear case of any male who is on the block.. so Matt isn't liked a whole lot.. he's bringing in the food. I suppose maybe Roger but, he's been under the radar here too.

So, the best stragey for a swapped tribe is to figure out who was vunerable and target that individual.

As for Shawna going this week.. I think most people agreed it was between Shawna and Alex... the thing is before the episode was there any reason to believe Shawna wouldn't get 'sick' again if Alex left.. in which case if the tribe voted her out, they'd be setting themselves up for going back to TC the next week.

Once the episode was going, it seemed to me that Deena realized once Alex was gone, Shawna would just pair up with Matt.. or Matt and Rob.. did we know this before the episode.. not really although, the guys were all clearly interested in her.

Yes, this is all hindsite and I fully admit that I disagreed with SNewser on the first pick.. I was convinced it was Shawna then. As for last night.. I was wavering before and after reading SNewser's picks. I'm just defending my statement as to why I'm not convinced Snewser had inside info.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-03, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Bad spoilers"
I'm probably in the minority Dawg, but for me the fun is taking the clues that are given to figure out who is going to be booted. The hunt is the fun for me in the spoiling community and I am grateful that Snewswer doesn't post his pick early or it would take all the fun out of vidcap analysis, story arc analyzation, etc.

If there is a lesson to be learned its not to take what a poster says as gospel. Many times I could kick myself for not going with my instincts because someone posts "so and so is going this week" or "so and so is not going this week". One person said Jeanne lost weight so almost everybody dismisses her as a potential bootee.

I give Cathy the Canadian a lot of credit for giving a good summary for a Deena boot. Even though it didn't happen, it was very logical.

Don't get frustrated, just take all the evidence into account and weigh its value.

And to MB's credit, the boots this year have been given a case and story before they were booted. We haven't had any....what the? from storyline purposes.....yet....

A lot of people are automatically jumping to an Alex boot next week, which may very well be so, but for me, there is sufficient mingling between Alex/Shawna on the show already for a relationship to develop in the future, so am I 100% convinced Alex goes next....No....

Deena, Rodger, Dave and Matthew are other candidates I'm considering.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-03, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Bad spoilers"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-03 AT 05:55 PM (EST)

Another in retrospect thought on the Shawna pick during week 5 is that it was almost entirely based upon the supposed make-up of the swapped tribes. And, we almost had it right, simply getting Shawna and Heidi reversed. In other words, our own spoiling efforts were off--we assumed that Shawna and Alex would not be on the same tribe, so they HAD to go pre-merge, and soon, to have time to develop the kind of relationship we'd heard they'd developed, at loser lodge.

However, when Snewser posted his pick, and once we saw how the tribes lined up during the show, I thought, a-HA, that's where we went wrong. It was almost a D'oh moment -- how logical that Shawna and Alex would end up on the same team, have time to develop the relationship hinted at by EMP and spoilers all along! We should've thought of it.

Edited to add: and, seeing as how Shawna/Alex did develop their relationship during the game, it became logical that she would not go during the swap episode, because it wouldn't have given them enough time to get together.

If we had considered the teams with Shawna and Heidi swapped, then Jeanne would've have been the logical boot among the women, as she was the next to go from Jamburu.

If it HAD been Shawna, Christy and Jeanne that were swapped to Tambaqui, I bet they would've axed Shawna, if only because she was depressed and her "revitalization" seemed mainly due to the injection of Alex into her life. If she'd ended up with Butch, Roger and Dave I doubt we'd have seen the same come-back.

Anyhow, this is all 20/20 hindsight, but what it does show is that we haven't been examining all the options fully enough -- maybe because the wealth of spoiler info this season made us take too much for granted. Back to the drawing board, I say!

OBX 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-20-03, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OBX Click to send private message to OBX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "keep in mind about weight loss"
the more you weigh, the more you lose more quickly. its much easier for a 300 pound man to lose 100 pounds than a 150 pound man to lose 20 or 30. deena wasn't exactly skinny when the show started. as a matter of fact, the scene this past episode with rob at the river showed still a little bit of gut showing between her shorts and shirt. she can lose more weight than say jenna who was already skinny when the show started. 15 pounds to jenna might be considered a lot, while 15 pounds on rob might not even be noticable.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •