The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Other site picks"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-19-03, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Other site picks"
Yes, Yes, I know. I have to put enough filler in here so that if anyone does not want to know what TDT says it will not show up. He does have some new pics up and they help him to decide...

Alex goes

boot Ed

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TDT says Bebo 03-19-03 1
 Survivor Phoenix... bebekid 03-19-03 2
   RE: Survivor Phoenix... Q 03-19-03 4
       RE: Survivor Phoenix... dabo 03-19-03 6
 ACME says... bebekid 03-19-03 3
   Snews VerucaSalt 03-19-03 5
       Snewser is up Q 03-19-03 7
           Snewser sez... bebekid 03-19-03 8
               RE: Snewser sez... smiles 03-19-03 10
                   RE: Snewser sez... dabo 03-19-03 11
                       RE: Snewser sez... Brownroach 03-19-03 29
                   RE: Snewser sez... jennk 03-19-03 13
                       RE: Snewser sez... ulalame 03-19-03 19
 Pick'em Game Points dabo 03-19-03 9
 RE: Other site picks SurvivinDawg 03-19-03 12
   RE: Other site picks smiles 03-19-03 14
       RE: Other site picks LeftPinky 03-19-03 17
           RE: Other site picks PepeLePew13 03-19-03 25
           RE: Other site picks ShowMeTheWinner 03-19-03 34
   RE: Other site picks erikman 03-19-03 15
   RE: Other site picks Q 03-19-03 16
       RE: Other site picks bebekid 03-19-03 18
           RE: Other site picks ulalame 03-19-03 20
               RE: Other site picks dabo 03-19-03 23
   Snewser's Poem bebekid 03-19-03 22
   Spoiling Snewser? Rain Crow 03-19-03 24
       RE: Spoiling Snewser? Q 03-19-03 26
           don't know if this effects your spo... kiki_k 03-19-03 35
 Congratulations IceCat!!! Krautboy 03-19-03 21
   Thanks KB... IceCat 03-19-03 30
 RE: Other site picks Kokoro 03-19-03 27
 TDT has revised his pick... bebekid 03-19-03 28
   RE: TDT has revised his pick... wendyp 03-19-03 31
       RE: TDT has revised his pick... dabo 03-19-03 32
       RE: TDT has revised his pick... bebekid 03-19-03 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-19-03, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TDT says"
TDT also mentioned receiving a tip that Alex goes pre-jury. The last time TDT mentioned a tip, it was to reveal (correctly) last year's final two.

A Bebodacious American

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-19-03, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Survivor Phoenix..."
is picking Alex as the boot. Almost 2pm Eastern time and no word from Snewser yet.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-19-03, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor Phoenix..."
But Snewser does have his bullet point up, with no hidden text or other text. So it appears it will be coming momentarily.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor Phoenix..."
Someone ought to tell him to update his boot sheet. (Big smiles, everyone, I got my Spoiler Island picks in on time this week!)

SMILES ARE FREE

03-19-03, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "ACME says..."
Alex gets the boot.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Snews"
Snews normally posts his pick AFTER Piranah Pool closes which is at two so it should be up very soon.

03-19-03, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Snewser is up"
Go check it out.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

03-19-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
8. "Snewser sez..."
Shawna. Dangit, I thought I had this one figured out.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-19-03, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Snewser sez..."
Nooooo!
I thought that Shawna was the distraught player, but I guess it could be Alex. I just don't picture him being distraught.

03-19-03, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Snewser sez..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-03 AT 02:52 PM (EST)

If the women are outnumbered six to four in the next ep, and if they continue in the seperate tribes where they would be outnumbered three to two, all four have reason to be distraught!

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Snewser sez..."
Shawna seemed destined to be the Shii Ann of S6 -- (almost) everyone picks her as the Ep 5 bootee, then she goes in Ep 7.

Not that I am one to argue with Snewser, but a Shawna boot makes zero sense for Deena, who must be in on it.

jennk 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-19-03, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jennk Click to send private message to jennk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Snewser sez..."
I seem to recall people speculating last week that Snewser was possibly going to change his vote later to prevent people from blindly following him... after last weeks shocker, this seems like as good a time as any to play with the sheep.

Unfortunately, even before his post I was questioning which way to go.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-19-03, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Snewser sez..."
At least during last season, Snewser always waited until after 2 p.m. EST to post his pick, because that's when the survivor game on his website closes. I can only surmise that he wants the game to reward those who arrive at their own opinion through spoiling rather than blindly following his prediction.

After last week and this one, it appears to me that Snewser does indeed have an inside source.

03-19-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
9. "Pick'em Game Points"
Site has a Monday deadline.

Jenna 5.50
Shawna 131.50
Matthew 67.00
Rob 29.00
Deena 69.20
Alex 156.00
Christy 135.10
Butch 6.20
Dave 19.00
Heidi 36.00
Roger 15.50

Meanwhile, at the Kuwaiti border, 15 Iraqi soldiers decided to start the surrendering.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Other site picks"
Well, SNewser really had a source with Jeanne, so when he picks Shawna, we have to listen... BUT...

The poem SNewser put up has me wondering... "Don't give it up, Don't give it up..."

Maybe she quits? Maybe she DOESN'T give it up, and SNewser will change it later?

Just some thoughts...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-19-03, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Other site picks"
This is a stretch, but could he be telling Shawna to not give up after Alex has been booted??

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-19-03, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Other site picks"
Agree smiles....don't give up just cuz Alex gets the boot!

I don't see how to tribes w/ more males than females will come down to a F4 of 2/2

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Other site picks"
It's simple... testerone and male stupidity will probably factor into the equation somewhere along the way -- and don't forget there's a wild card in Rob who may want to switch around to the other side and pull somebody with him to save his ass.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Other site picks"
And don't forget what Jiffy said in one of his interviews about one group being up a couple members and yet they voted off someone within their own group and screwed up their end game because they just can't change who they are. I think the guys will make a series of dumb decisions that allows the women to make a comeback.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-19-03, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Other site picks"
snewser was 1st to say shawna goes pre merge so he knows when she goes. there goes your fem alliance.

03-19-03, 03:01 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Other site picks"
Could it be both? She is voted out because she says, if you don't vote me out, I will quit, hands down, then you are gaurenteed to be down 2 members off of New Jaburu. So they boot her?

Thoughts?

03-19-03, 03:16 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Other site picks"
I think Shawna will stay as long as Alex stays. His testosterone seems to cure what ails her.

She may threaten to quit if Alex gets voted off. Maybe Shawna sees the writing on the wall and makes it known that if Alex is told "it's time for you to go" at TC that she will follow him right on out. So Deena and Jenna feel that Shawna is a loose cannon and go on and boot her for fear of being down 2 all of a sudden.

I really feel that this is the only way that Deena et al could abandon the good strategy of voting off Alex.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Other site picks"
Maybe the girls can't get Rob/Matthew to go along with voting out Alex and of course, Shawna's not going to vote for him. Perhaps there is a compromise reached among Deena/Jenna and Rob/Matteo that Shawna goes this week and Alex next time they have to go to TC?

03-19-03, 03:27 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Other site picks"
Three votes is all that are needed if the other three votes are split. If Shawna still wants to go then she can ask the guys to vote her off while throwing away her vote on someone who Jenna and Deena aren't voting off.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

03-19-03, 03:26 PM (EST)
22. "Snewser's Poem"
Dawg, I agree that there could be more than "meats" the eye to Snewser's poem. Exactly what, I'm not sure. But look at the some of the other picks on his site. "JoAnna is gone", and "Janet is gone", and "Daniel is gone".

For those who would like to see the poem:

Shawna, Shawna.
Don't worry if the sun don't shine
You've seen it before, you don't need to worry
Every day's an uphill climb, nothing has changed
Believe me when I tell ya
Don't give it up
Don't give it up

I don't want to read too much into this, but it does stand out as different from other week's picks. Just saying, is all.

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-19-03, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Spoiling Snewser?"
Dawg, I think you might be on the right track.

I looked at Snewser's predictions with a spoilers eye and noted the following. Snewser has a habit of using punctuation in his predictions. I note that even the simplest prediction, sentence, or sentence fragment has a (.) at the end. *no Mistofleas, not that kind of a (.)!* His Shawna poem is not finished with a (.), so it could be an "unfinished" prediction.

I could see him slyly tricking people with this "incomplete" posting, later on finishing it with:

"...don't give it up, just becaue Alex is gone."

Have to admit, that would be a pretty slick trick!

"Onward Thru the Fog"

03-19-03, 03:41 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Spoiling Snewser?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-03 AT 03:42 PM (EST)

cool idea Rain Crow. And good catch on the punctuation.

edited to add though that the Shawna, Shawna. in red is followed by a period.

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-19-03, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "don't know if this effects your spoiling snewser"
But the "poem" regarding Shawna are the lyrics to the refrain of a song by Bryan Adams titled "Don't Give Up"

compliments of GeorgiaBelle

experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes. -- Oscar Wilde

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-19-03, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Congratulations IceCat!!!"
Congratulations IceCat! I was worried when you voted for Shawna, and I should have figured that if Logrolling was involved you'd have the inside track!

(No long winded explanation from me next week...just "Alex".)

Anyway, congratulations for sticking to your guns!

Krautboy

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Thanks KB..."
I just stuck to game strategy and could not rationalize getting rid of a healthy Alex in favor of a sickly Shawna. Of course, this assumes that Snewser's info continues to be accurate and Shawna does, in fact, go tonight.

I think Alex is a slam dunk for next week as well as he has a hissy fit over Shawna's boot and alienates himself from the rest of his tribe.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-19-03, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Other site picks"

Don't Give Up

Don't give it up
Don't give it up

Don't give it up
Don't give it up

Don't give up--you know it's true
Gotta do what you wanna do
Oh yeah
Don't give it up--you don't have to
Oh yeah

Don't give it up
Don't give it up

Don't give it up
Don't give it up

Don't give up--you know it's true
Oh yeah
Don't give it up--you don't have to
Oh yeah

-----------------------------------
"This isn't a story about how good triumphs. Good people are going to die." - BTVS

03-19-03, 04:03 PM (EST)
28. "TDT has revised his pick..."
He gives all the logic for an Alex boot and then says:

A tip to the True Dork Times suggests Alex got booted pre-jury. So it's either this week or next. We picked this week, except...

Snewser says it's SHAWNA, and he is, of course, right.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-19-03, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: TDT has revised his pick..."
A poster on anothet site said Snewser's source is at the hotel where the survivors stay. Not sure if this is true or not, but if so good for him!

Now debating on changing my survivor challenge points.

03-19-03, 05:07 PM (EST)
32. "RE: TDT has revised his pick..."
Is Alex coming with her to NY since they're supposed to be dating and all. hmmmmmm, I wonder....?

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

03-19-03, 05:21 PM (EST)
33. "RE: TDT has revised his pick..."
>A poster on anothet site said
>Snewser's source is at the
>hotel where the survivors stay.
> Not sure if this
>is true or not, but
>if so good for him!

Would this mean that the booted contestant would arrive at the hotel by 2pm Eastern (when Snewser posts his pick) the day the show airs? I always thought they were flying around the time the show airs. And what about Jeanne? Webby said she could drive to NY AFTER last week's show aired because she lives so close.

Just asking, is all.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •