The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor: Baghdad"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-17-03, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor: Baghdad"
Hey guys, with this war a good bet to start Wednesday night, do any of you have any solid ideas of what SeeBS will do with Survivor? Will they delay the whole damn thing a week, boot it over to TNN, or what?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor: Baghdad erikman 03-18-03 1
 RE: Survivor: Baghdad SurvivinDawg 03-18-03 2
 RE: Survivor: Baghdad Fast Eddie 03-18-03 3
 RE: Survivor: Baghdad AresMars 03-18-03 4
 RE: Survivor: Baghdad dabo 03-18-03 5
   RE: Survivor: Baghdad ElroyJetson 03-18-03 6
       RE: You said it Elroy.... smrtNsassybnkr 03-18-03 7
       RE: Survivor: Baghdad toddE 03-18-03 8
           RE: Survivor: Baghdad ElroyJetson 03-18-03 10
               RE: Survivor: Baghdad SaphireLady 03-18-03 12
                   RE: Survivor: Baghdad ElroyJetson 03-18-03 13
           RE: Survivor: Baghdad SaphireLady 03-18-03 11
               RE: Survivor: Baghdad toddE 03-18-03 14
                   RE: Survivor: Baghdad PepeLePew13 03-18-03 15
                   RE: Survivor: Baghdad snoocharoo 03-18-03 16
               RE: Survivor: Baghdad KeithFan 03-18-03 17
                   RE: Survivor: Baghdad samiam 03-18-03 18
 RE: Survivor: Baghdad Boilermaker 03-18-03 9
 RE: Survivor: Baghdad SurvivorBlows 03-18-03 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-18-03, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
i think they will delay the show 2 weeks the merge will be a good time to do it, the war will ether start wed or thur.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-03, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
I believe that the war will start Wednesday night (Eastern time), but it's a matter of when.

It also depends. If President Bush gives a televised address to the nation at 8pm, they may just take the show off the air for a week or two. However, if the address is scheduled for later, they might get this episode in at 8pm.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-18-03, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
They'll probably do the same as when Bush held his press conference: televise the address, some reaction, then start the show (Survivor, that is). Unless in the address he says that the missiles are in the air. But in Gulf War I, the war started some hours after the TV address. I don't see any reason why the following week would be pre-empted, unless something significant happened just at that time.

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-18-03, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
I agree with Fast Eddie to a degree.

I feel that the bombs will start falling sometime Wednesday night, PST, but probably after Survivor.

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
If Dubya does it right, the way his father did, he will simply give the military a "go" command and leave it up to the generals and admirals how best to engage the enemy, when and where to strike, etc. Unfortunately, Dubya may deem a military demonstration politically prudent come zero hour and order an immediate engagement of some sort, but I expect the military will be ready to make a first strike at that point anyway. The first wave will primarily target Iraq's radar facilities, that's pretty much a no-brainer.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
I agree Dabo. The boys have been sitting on their hands a long time. I'm guessing we'll light them up at exactly the 48 hour mark (unless Iraq starts aggressions early which is entirely possible). Methinks the only survivors we should be concerned about for the near-term are our troops.

Free Iraq Now. Godspeed to the troops.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-18-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: You said it Elroy...."
I agree with you. I think it is enitrely possible that Saddam will try to strike first, although to no avail....
Our troops will probably start dropping bombs as the clock strikes 0 hour.

"Free Iraq now, Godspeed the troops." Well said, Elroy!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-18-03, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
I for one don't come here to discuss war, but in light of "Free Iraq Now," I will go on board as saying Bush2 is a joke. And there are plenty more places to "Free," so I guess you all are ready to invade N. Korea, China, Rwanda, etc etc etc.

Peace Now! Bring our troops home safely!

03-18-03, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
And there are plenty more places to "Free," so I guess you all are ready to invade N. Korea, China, Rwanda, etc etc etc.

Yes! I agree! Tibet is in dire straits too! But we'll need help. But there's hope, if we have the guts. Check this out: http://www.brain-terminal.com/articles/world/alliance-of-liberty.html

Free Iraq Now! Godspeed to the troops.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-18-03, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
Thank you for that link.

You took his stand better then I did. But I have a son over there, an 18 year old son, my baby, and his comment hurt.

It is hard to type past the tears but thank you.

03-18-03, 02:52 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
SapphireLady,

My pleasure. I highly recommend you check out the other articles on that site. You won't be disappointed.

Your son will return a hero. He has the prayers of millions behind him. There is nothing more honorable than to defend ones country and free the oppressed and brutalized.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-18-03, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
In all respect to the fact that here in America we are allowed to voice our opinions even if it is against our leader (which in Iraq they are not allowed to do which make them not "free") you are wrong. Sadham has lied for YEARS and we are suppose to believe him now?????????

This is a survivor board. I have a son over there waiting to fight, this is personal. When you knock our country my response to you is LEAVE. You don't like what is happening, move. No one is stopping you. The problem you have is that this country is as good it gets. Those other countries have no freedom to speak, to write what they want, etc.. You have that freedom, respect it, the troops are fighting to keep it. As for President Bush, he is doing what is right. One can not keep taking the lies and the lies and not finally say enough and take the stand. Maybe the stand should not have been taken, but I think it should have been and most that I confer with agree on this, once the stand was made the US can not back down. We can never, not ever, give the opinion that we are weak in any catagory. If you don't understand that then read your history.

So, if you have a problem with our country and its leader and you live here, leave, move, go away. If you are not from American and you are not a US citizen, then keep your mouth shut.

Anything else I could say would be as rude as you were.

Back to survivor chat.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-18-03, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
Yes, the many millions of AMERICANS--and we're as American as you, lady, protesting should all pack up our bags and head to Iraq, or wherever. If you don't want people to reply, don't go spouting off in forums designed for people to express their opinions.

I truly hope your son is ok. He probably will be, since we're going after a conveniently weak, oil-rich country.

By the way, saying whoever doesn't like what Bush says, does, etc, should leave is plenty rude. I hope you said that when Clinton was president, and I hope you keep saying that when GW isn't president anymore.

Many of us, however, follow our conscience rather than shutting up and meekly, blindly following someone who doesn't represent our views as AMERICANS.

Again, I'm as American and proud (most of the time) as you. I'm not going anywhere.

And I'd really rather talk about TV Survivor, anyway, so I won't post anymore on this topic.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
Guys... this is a Survivor spoiling board, not a political board. Both of you have some good points and have valid reasons to believe in your positions... but I don't want to hear it on this board. We have an off-topic board for that. Let's keep the focus on the question of the day -- whether there will be a Survivor show tomorrow night or will CBS cut away to showing news of the impending war?

I, for one, think that the show will go ahead after an announcement of some sort by Bush and the government where things stand on Iraq. I just don't see them immediately attacking at 8:00 pm EST, probably going to be a few hours later to get things rolling.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-18-03, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
Hey everyone,

There are several really good and informative discussions about the impending war, support of the troops and our President over in the Off Topic Forum. If you are respectful of differing opinions and everyone's unique viewpoints you are more than welcome to come on over and discuss non-Survivor related topics.

Sapphire Lady, you will find a lot of advice and large network of support from the people over in OT, many of whom have loved ones directly involved and can relate to your situation. I hope to see you over there, it's a lot of fun.

War is harmful to children and other living things.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
Amen Saphirelady!

I'll bet those bashing Bush on this tread were just hypocritical enough not to say BOO about WJC sending cruise missles (without UN approval) on the eve of his impeachment.

Go 7 Days (or less) war!

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
You'd be wrong. Just saying, is all.

Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime. - Hemingway

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-18-03, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
I think we will definitely see Survivor and that Bush will not have another address until after the war begins. With the Persian Gulf War after the deadline occurred we waited until the next evening to stop dropping bombs.

Survior is at 8 pm Eastern. At that point it will be 4 am Baghdad time. Unless the pilots are already in the air, I would think they would want more time to launch an air attack under cover of darkness.

If I have to miss Survivor and the NCAAs this week...

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Survivor: Baghdad"
Locking... none of this has to do with spoiling Survivor and frankly everyone in this thread has been around long enough to know better. Oh my heck folks, imagine how far you've fallen when DAWG (I say again -- DAWG of all people) is the one coming across as the model of proper restraint!

In particular to ToddE -- for someone who "doesn't come here to discuss war" you certainly didn't hestitate to take what I personally see to be little more than one innocent comment regarding best wishes and prayers to our likely soon-to-be-fighting men and women and turn it into political commentary.

Anyways, getting back on to the original topic, for those wondering about programming changes I suggest reading the below CNN story:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/18/television.primetime.reut/index.html

-SB

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •