The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dirk Reveals Winner on '700 Club' -- Broadcast Next Tuesday"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Goddess 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-18-00, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goddess Click to send private message to Goddess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dirk Reveals Winner on '700 Club' -- Broadcast Next Tuesday"
This article from AP says Dirk was interviewed on Pat Robertson's '700 Club', reveals the winner, and that the interview will be broadcast on Tuesday, the day BEFORE the final Survivor show on Wednesday. Here's the link and the article -- check out the 2nd paragraph:
http://news.excite.com/news/ap/000818/18/survivor-contestant

Survivor Member Chats on '700 Club'

Updated 6:17 PM ET August 18, 2000
(AP)
By SONJA BARISIC, Associated Press Writer

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) - Dirk Been, the Bible-toting "Survivor" contestant, said Friday that he was voted off the island because the other castaways were intimidated by the strength his Christianity gave him.

Been made the comment while taping an appearance on Pat Robertson's "700 Club" talk show on the Christian Broadcasting Network. The interview will be broadcast Tuesday, the day before CBS airs the finale of "Survivor" and reveals which of the 16 contestants marooned on a deserted tropical island lasted the full 39 days and won $1 million.

The contestants voted someone off every three days, and Been was the fifth to go. CBN interviewer Gordon P. Robertson, son of the religious broadcaster, asked Been whether he thought he was voted off because he was a Christian.

"There's no doubt," Been said. The other contestants saw "there's real power in this guy, we don't know what it is, but if we want to win the game, we have to get rid of him," he said.

After the interview, Been explained that he did not think he was voted off because of his religion but because of the strength he derives from his beliefs.

Been, 24, holds a bachelor's degree of arts in religious studies from Seattle Pacific University. He said he left Seattle in October and was returning to his native Wisconsin when he lost his ATM card and someone swiped his life savings from his bank account.

With $16 to his name, Been heard about "Survivor" and decided to apply, saying he believed "the Lord had a plan."

Been said his objective was not to win the $1 million but to have fun and share the gospel. On the CBS show, he talked freely about being a virgin and was seen reading a Bible.

That prompted contestant Rudy Boesch, 72, who remains on the island, to remark: "The only reason I'd bring a Bible out here is if I needed toilet paper."

Been said he was disappointed by the comment but that he and Boesch had a good relationship and that the comment probably was taken out of context.

Been held a Bible on his lap during the interview, but not the one he had on the island. He said he left that one behind and other contestants told him it was read extensively.

He doesn't know what ultimately happened to his Bible but said he hopes to find out when the castaways reunite next week in Los Angeles for a one-hour town hall meeting after the final episode airs.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Dirk DOES NOT Reveal Winner on '700... AyatollahKhomeini 08-18-00 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-18-00, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Dirk DOES NOT Reveal Winner on '700 Club'"
Thanks for the posting, Goddess, but I don't think the article implies that Dirk reveals the winner. Let's look at the second paragraph again:

Been made the comment while taping an appearance on Pat Robertson's "700 Club" talk show on the Christian Broadcasting Network. The interview will be broadcast Tuesday, the day before CBS airs the finale of "Survivor" and reveals which of the 16 contestants marooned on a deserted tropical island lasted the full 39 days and won $1 million.

The subject that goes with the verb "reveals" is "CBS," not "the interview." So the article says (a little awkwardly, I agree) that CBS will reveal the winner on the finale of "Survivor."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •