The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Was Shawna Ever Really Sick?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-14-03, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Was Shawna Ever Really Sick?"
I could not believe what a psycho Shawna appeared to be in the last episode. She was crying a whining about being too sick to go on and being trapped. Then, a miracle occurs and she seems to be fully recovered. And all it took was a good looking man.

It seems that she was more depressed than she was sick. She just did not want to be there any more. It was not fun and it was hard. She did not like the cat-fights among the women. Then Alex walks up, and she is bouncing off the walls (or trees in this case).

Does anyone think she was ever really sick?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 I dub thee 'The Lingering Malingere... IceCat 03-14-03 1
 RE: Was Shawna Ever Really Sick? smiles 03-14-03 2
   RE: Was Shawna Ever Really Sick? DoodleBug 03-14-03 3
       RE: Was Shawna Ever Really Sick? KillerDanaH 03-14-03 7
 Yet another underestimater.... Cathy the Canadian 03-14-03 4
 Not "sick" exactly... Fast Eddie 03-14-03 5
   RE: Not "sick" exactly... KillerDanaH 03-14-03 8
 RE: Was Shawna Ever Really Sick? lizziegirl 03-14-03 6
   RE: Was Shawna Ever Really Sick? Witless 03-14-03 9
       RE: Was Shawna Ever Really Sick? lizziegirl 03-14-03 11
 RE: Was Shawna Ever Really Sick? munson 03-14-03 10
   RE: Was Shawna Ever Really Sick? ivoryElephant 03-15-03 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-03, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "I dub thee 'The Lingering Malingerer'..."
She was merely too lazy to help out around the camp and played sick. She should be booted off next for that alone!

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-03, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Was Shawna Ever Really Sick?"
I think Shawna's problem was more mental. Like she said when they lost the challenge "I could already taste the coke." That was a big mental let down for her and it made her loose her ability and desire to fight. Thus, the "I am sick, vote me out" attitude.

The evidence is seen when she gets the mental boost of a male around the camp. Now she is putting her best foot forward. Granted she might have had some mild dehydration problems, but she must have drank some water because she was full of energy last night. However, if Alex leaves she will be down in the dumps again and will want out soon.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-03, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Was Shawna Ever Really Sick?"
I wasn't that shocked to see her act the way she did around Alex. I think she, like Heidi and Jenna, was just bummed that there were no guys around. The mental game was getting to her more than the physical. Plus, she's just a whiney LOSER!

KillerDanaH 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-14-03, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KillerDanaH Click to send private message to KillerDanaH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Was Shawna Ever Really Sick?"
I don't know if it's really necessary to call Shawna a whiny loser with such emphasis... what did she ever do to you? Shawna was one of the sweetest people in my high school who is in a very tough situation. I don't think she's handling herself in the best possible manner considering she volunteered for the torturous "vacation," but she should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Besides, a little loving can cure any ailment.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-03, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Yet another underestimater...."
Shawna is the latest example of the player who totally underestimates how hard the game is physically.

Despite all the interviews with survivors saying "no, really, it's hard!", there's always that player who thinks "it's a tv show, how hard can in be, they won't let me starve".

I think Shawna thought she'd come have an adventure and be on tv, but never really thought about the reality of the game.

I think she was sick, but I think she convinced herself she was sicker than she was. She's probably one of those people who gets the sniffles, and is convinced she has the flu.

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-03, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Not "sick" exactly..."
I figured last week and now that she was just on the rag. The type of thing they don't want to discuss on prime-time TV. But the other women were sympathetic and knew she'd be okay in a few days. She milked it as long as possible but knew she wouldn't get much male sympathy and would only turn them off.

KillerDanaH 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-14-03, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KillerDanaH Click to send private message to KillerDanaH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Not "sick" exactly..."
Wow... that makes total sense. I completely agree... Especially if she's anemic, that would have a seriously affect. I'll ask friends from her soccer team if she had any serious problems with that sort of thing during high school... maybe someone will remember her being anemic or something of the sort.

lizziegirl 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-14-03, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizziegirl Click to send private message to lizziegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Was Shawna Ever Really Sick?"
See my post about the video now available for the next episode. She is seen near the end and she looks like she is crying.

Witless 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-14-03, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Witless Click to send private message to Witless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Was Shawna Ever Really Sick?"
She certainly looks upset. But it looks like Deena is crying, too.

lizziegirl 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-14-03, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizziegirl Click to send private message to lizziegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Was Shawna Ever Really Sick?"
You are right. I would guess these shots are from the meat challenge based on the dirty faces and the buffs missing from their hair.

But the real question is which is the IC? The log/pole challenge or the meat challenge?

The meat challenge kind of makes them look like piranha going after prey. Could it based on the "survival of piranha" type of IC?

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-14-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Was Shawna Ever Really Sick?"
Even her tribemate Deena said that Shawna's problem was 70% mental and she just needed to get her butt in gear and head in the game.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-15-03, 04:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Was Shawna Ever Really Sick?"
Her last phone call before she left for the game was to
break up with her boyfriend so she may also be feeling
the effects of that. And Janet said 6 of them were at "that time of the month" all at once

"I know I don't know you and you probably are not what you seem. But I would sure like to find out so why don't you climb down off that movie screen"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •