The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The switch"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-09-03, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The switch"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-03 AT 07:30 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-09-03 AT 07:28 PM (EST)

Thanks to Krautboy's excellent reasoning HERE, I am 80% sure we have a switch.

So, let's try to figure out the new tribes:

What we know:
Jenna and Dave are on a date.

Logical speculation:
The tribes are to send one single man and one single women for a "date." This might have something to do with the locked box or not. The switch MUST take place at this date. If the challenge just said "Send one person," I would expect the leaders of each tribe to go and that would be Deena/Butch/Roger. I doubt that Jenna would be picked.

What we know:
90% there is a switch for reasons described in krautboy's thread.

Logical speculation:
Jenna and Dave somehow figure into the switch. Whether they pick the new tribes randomly or they pick three on each team. From the vidcaps we see:
Heidi in a yellow buff
Deena in a yellow buff
Let's assume that Jenna stays Jaburu, too.

It makes since then that Jenna picking her two alliance-mates had something to do with the picks. Maybe they trade off like at the beginning of S5 with Jan and Jake. Jenna picks one, Dave picks the next....etc.

It also supports C1's F4 spoiler and our boot picks NICELY.

1) It supports a Shawna boot in Ep5. Shawna switches to Tambaqui with Christy and Jeanne. The women don't vote in a bloc because Jeanne feels bad for Shawna. If they do vote in a bloc, they might target Dave.
2) Dave might also send Alex to Jaburu, where the women vote him out in a tiebreaker.

THE TWO NEW TRIBES

We know the women with some confidence, but the men is a guess. We'll go based on F7 strong evidence (Rob/Butch/Matthew/Jenna/Heidi/Deena/Christy) and erikman's post below: "boston guy at sucks he has heidi, jenna, rob, and alex on the same tribe, and rob sideing with the girls to get rid of alex."

JABURU (probability in parentheses)
Jenna (70%)
Heidi (85%) Says she is "shocked" likely after switch
Deena (100%)
Rob?? (70%)
Alex?? (70%)
Roger?? (55%)

TAMBAQUI
Shawna (70%)
Jeanne (70%)
Christy (70%)
Dave (100%)
Matthew?? (55%)
Butch?? (55%)

This makes sense, because Dave seems to have bonded with Butch and Matthew.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The switch erikman 03-09-03 1
 RE: The switch Chez 03-09-03 2
 RE: The switch dabo 03-09-03 3
   RE: The switch erikman 03-09-03 4
   RE: The switch SurvivinDawg 03-09-03 5
   RE: The switch Kokoro 03-10-03 8
 RE: The switch big idiot 03-09-03 6
   RE: The switch Krautboy 03-10-03 7
       Agree... anninvt2002 03-10-03 12
           RE: Agree... big idiot 03-10-03 14
               Boston Rob Spoiler Krautboy 03-10-03 15
                   RE: Boston Rob Spoiler forehead 03-10-03 16
                   RE: Boston Rob Spoiler Booted 03-10-03 17
                   Dumb question bebekid 03-10-03 18
                       Answer to my question bebekid 03-10-03 20
                   RE: Boston Rob Spoiler big idiot 03-10-03 19
                       Deena and Matt in boat? big idiot 03-10-03 27
                           Yup it's Matt... IceCat 03-10-03 29
                               RE: Yup it's Matt... SurvivorBlows 03-11-03 39
                   RE: Boston Rob Spoiler Chez 03-10-03 22
                   RE: Boston Rob Spoiler IceCat 03-10-03 31
   RE: The switch colleenwannabe 03-10-03 9
       RE: The switch VerucaSalt 03-10-03 10
 RE: The switch Wacko Jacko 03-10-03 11
   RE: The switch dabo 03-10-03 28
 RE: The switch FSUGUY 03-10-03 13
   RE: Wording VerucaSalt 03-10-03 21
       RE: Wording erikman 03-10-03 23
       RE: Wording Krautboy 03-10-03 25
 RE: The switch SurvivorBlows 03-10-03 24
   RE: The switch Krautboy 03-10-03 26
       Conclusive Proof of a Swap... IceCat 03-10-03 30
           Great Job Icecat; who goes where cowboyroo 03-11-03 32
               See this post... IceCat 03-11-03 33
                   Roo, VanQ, and me Too... IceCat 03-11-03 35
                       RE: Roo, VanQ, and me Too... Krautboy 03-11-03 41
                           fake swap and reward Booted 03-11-03 43
           RE: Conclusive Proof of a Swap... PepeLePew13 03-11-03 42
 breaking the tribe, picking up stic... VanQ1 03-11-03 34
   Don't forget... IceCat 03-11-03 36
       RE: Don't forget... Markopolo100 03-11-03 37
           They don't call him... IceCat 03-11-03 38
           RE: Don't forget... SurvivorBlows 03-11-03 40
               RE: New dynamics, new targets VerucaSalt 03-11-03 44
           RE: Don't forget... dabo 03-11-03 45
               RESwitching VerucaSalt 03-11-03 46
                   RE: RESwitching esquire 03-11-03 47
                       RE: RESwitching SurvivorBlows 03-11-03 48
                           RE: RESwitching Brownroach 03-11-03 50
                               "Fairness" Krautboy 03-11-03 53
                                   RE: "Fairness" Brownroach 03-11-03 55
                               RE: RESwitching SurvivinDawg 03-11-03 54
                                   RE: RESwitching Brownroach 03-11-03 58
                                   RE: RESwitching SurvivorBlows 03-11-03 62
                                       RE: RESwitching dabo 03-11-03 65
                       Alliance Preservation Krautboy 03-11-03 49
                           RE: Alliance Preservation VerucaSalt 03-11-03 51
                               RE: Alliance Preservation Brownroach 03-11-03 52
                                   RE: Alliance Preservation Booted 03-11-03 56
                                       On the other hand... SurvivinDawg 03-11-03 57
                                           RE: On the other hand... Booted 03-11-03 60
                                           RE: On the other hand... Spidey 03-12-03 66
                                       RE: Alliance Preservation Brownroach 03-11-03 59
                                           RE: Picking for purpose VerucaSalt 03-11-03 61
                                               RE: Picking for purpose KLicK 03-11-03 63
                                                   RE: Picking for purpose toddE 03-11-03 64
 RE: The switch jsanb 03-12-03 67
 RE: The switch snoocharoo 03-12-03 68
   RE: The switch Brownroach 03-12-03 69

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-09-03, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The switch"
read boston guy at sucks he has heidi, jenna, rob, and alex on the same tribe, and rob sideing with the girls to get rid of alex. also there is my spec at messhall. i think new jabaroo will be jenna heidi, deana, alex rob, and roger. leaving christi and jeana butch matt dave and shawna. i think butch christi and jeana make an allince and go f4 and take ether dave or matt with them.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-09-03, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The switch"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-03 AT 07:18 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-09-03 AT 07:16 PM (EST)

Good thinking, except I'm not sure the buff color is a reason to conclude someone stays on their current team. For example, Heidi in a yellow buff could be before the switch.

I tend to think the F4 end up on the same team after the switch
Deena
Matt
Butch
Christy

Otherwise, it's hard to see how they get to the F4.

Probably Jeanne as the other female. This let's Jenna keep her original alliance together.

Don't know who the other male is, but likely Roger (Rob stays with Dave and Alex.)

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-09-03, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The switch"
Interesting. Basically, at this point I'm thinking there is a faux merge, two tribes living in one camp, with Jenna and Dave selected as faux ambassadors. There may or may not be a swap to go along with this. Regardless, whichever tribe winds up with Shawna is at a big disadvantage, as she is just dead weight at this point and cannot sit out any challenges this time, so she is very high on the boot list. The only thing that might equalize the situation would be an injured player on the other tribe, in which case the injured player would certainly rise to the top of the boot list. Whichever tribe goes to TC, they have to know they cannot afford to be the tribe to go to the next TC or it is game over.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

03-09-03, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The switch"
why i don't think there is a fake merge is becouse in 2 weeks
they pick up stakes and move to the forest of life. why have them move to one camp then 5 days latter move to a new camp.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-03, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The switch"
My thinking is in line with Dabo's, as I partially explained in this here message.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-10-03, 04:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The switch"
This is exactly what I think is going to happen, mostly because:

1.) The Amazon cast was taken out there just in time to miss the cohabitation episode of Thailand. This actually ~would~ be a new twist, even for us, since it's happening so early on.

2.) It makes the next couple of boots (Shawna/Dave) actually make some sort of sense.

3.) I really don't think MB would want to go for the high chance of a purple rock for two weeks in a row.

4.) Cohabitation allows for the same post-merge adaptability as a swap! Even moreso, when you think about it, since it means that everyone interacts with everyone else instead of 3-3 which means that everyone only interacts with half of the castaways before the merge happens.

5.) Chillone - his info guy has been off before, but is it really that easy to mistake a 3-person switch for a cohabitation?

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-03, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The switch"
I dragged over my reasoning for swap outcome from the mystery box thread, condensed it and added a new thought on Jenna and Dave being on the same tribe.

It appears that the tribes "choose" an ambassador. Jenna and Dave fit this potential scenario. Dave as young, smart and likeable, Jenna as young, attractive and deceptive (Jeff described her as "smart with men", so I suspect the other tribemembers can see this utility in her also).

What is inside the box?

I'm sticking with my original thought of 3 buffs of the same color.

What is the purpose of the rendezvous?

To discuss the 411 on the other tribe members. The ambassadors will bring this info back to their tribes so they can choose 3 new tribe members from the other tribe.

Why have them discuss the swap with an ambassador of the other tribe first?

From a producer standpoint, it creates an opportunity for stupidity (revealing too much), productive deception and new alliances.

Jenna and Dave will have the opportunity to put together their ideal "team". For example, if their ideal team is Jenna, Heidi, Shawn, Dave, Alex, Rob - then Jenna can report back to her tribe to request those 3 men for the swap, and Dave would request Deena, Jeanne, Christy. This could result in the horny tribe vs the ornery tribe.

Is the outcome of the swap easily predictable?

No. Too many factors for making a selection. Jenna and Dave may discuss putting together a "dream team" that maintains internal alliances (3 allied men + 3 allied women), but back at camp others in the alliance point out that it would be better to choose 3 non-allied tribe mates so they don't organize against you. Overall, selection factors could be based on looks, personality, strength, leadership, - too many factors for a prediction.

One predictable aspect is that Dave will squeal like a pig and Jenna will reveal little. I base this on Jeff's description of Jenna as "smart with men", if she had flubbed this opportunity he would not have described her this way.

How predict swap outcome?

Start with vidcaps. We know that Deena and Dave remain on original tribes. My final four belief is Deena, Matt, Christy, Butch. How does this become a F4? Perhaps they were all on the new swap team, Deena and Christy remain, while Matt and Butch are brought over.

If this is true, then it may appear that the female tribe base their picks on bringing over "nice, stable, malleable" people. Info flushed out by Jenna. So rule out Roger being on their tribe. Now also, if Deena and Christy remain then it may appear that the men based their picks on "young and cute".

The vidcaps also support Jenna and Dave being on the same tribe. The vidcaps show Dave and Deena in normal buffs in a potential immune challenge as if to say, "See, no swaps or switches this episode". But why not show Dave and JENNA in original buffs? Probably because Jenna has been swapped.

So far that may predict:
New Jaburu: Deena, Christy, Matt, Butch, Jeanne
New Tambaqui: Dave, Roger, Jenna, Heidi, Shawna

That leaves Alex and Rob. If Rob makes it further than Alex based on weight loss spoilers then perhaps he is on the new tribe that makes it further in the end: Jaburu. And Alex is one of the remaining Tambaqui (to nurse new tribemate Shawna, in and out of the game).

Swap outcome:
New Jab: Deena, Christy, Matt, Butch, Jeanne, Rob
New Tamb: Dave, Roger, Jenna, Heidi, Shawna, Alex

Just my thoughts, BI

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-10-03, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The switch"
BI, I like the thought process you went through to get to your swapped tribes. This scenario is as good as anything we've got right now.

Swap outcome:
New Jab: Deena, Christy, Matt, Butch, Jeanne, Rob
New Tamb: Dave, Roger, Jenna, Heidi, Shawna, Alex

It also dovetails with the previews and how the show is edited...

Jeanne is featured on one tribe overhearing a conversation...probably Deena and Christy discussing their strategy (both on the New Jab)

Alex is featured on the other tribe because of his injury. (New Tamb) Shawna is sick and Alex is injured, setting up the editing for "Who gets voted off" when the New Tamb loses the "Boat Relay Race IC"...will it be Shawna or Alex?

Shawna and Alex can also lay the groundwork for their pst-game relationship once they are together on the same tribe for a couple days post swap...until Shawna is sent home.

Krautboy

anninvt2002 86 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-10-03, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anninvt2002 Click to send private message to anninvt2002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Agree..."
It is great to listen to the minds and thoughts of the greatest spoilers. Does this scenerio agree with the earlier photo of what looks like Heidi, etc. leaving tribal council at night>

03-10-03, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Agree..."
annin,

I am not confident on the analysis of those series of vidcaps, meaning that I do believe they can support a merge/swap scenario, but the fuzziness of the peeps makes it a Rorschach test (i.e. there were a lot of different speculations on who the peeps were).

Annin if you want to compile all those interpretations of those vidcaps and see if anything is consistent that could be useful (and add your own thoughts too).

In parallel, I just peeked at TDT to see that they interpret a fuzzy picture of a person in the boat with Deena as possibly being Matt (and a default alt to Jeanne). Either one supports the new swap scenarios above, but those vidcaps may need more analysis also.

BI

03-10-03, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Boston Rob Spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-03 AT 02:25 PM (EST)

BI: Their is a spoiler over at SS dealing with a report that Alex goes in EP5 or EP6...this is consistent with our speculation, but the spoiler mentions that an alliance of Rob, Heidi and Jenna get rid of Alex.

The spoiler seems legit, so we may want to reconfigure the "New" tribes to reflect having Rob and Alex (along with Heidi and Jenna)on the same tribe after the swap...maybe just switching Rob and Roger?

Swap outcome:
New Jab: Deena, Christy, Matt, Butch, Jeanne, Roger
New Tamb: Dave, Rob, Jenna, Heidi, Shawna, Alex

What do you think?

Krautboy

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-03, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Boston Rob Spoiler"
KB:

I think it sounds good! (Even if I'm not BI )

In the meantime, KillerDanaH got in touch with her Shawna spoiler source, who confirmed that Shawna and Alex started dating at the resort. She reported earlier that Shawna would go ep4 or ep5. Combined with the Boston Rob Spoiler that Alex goes ep5 or ep6, it looks pretty clear to me now. What a difference compared to yesterday...

forehead

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-03, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Boston Rob Spoiler"
If this was already said somewhere else, I apologize.
First, what if each person is matched up with someone from the other tribe for the reward challenge. Winner gets dinner, shower, etc. That would explain the Canoe part of the videos. Maybe the box contains sticks and the order they are matched up is by the “color” or “length” of the sticks that they pick. Then it is an elimination challenge with a couple being eliminated, as each part is done, similar to what they did in Thailand. That would explain the fact that it appears that it is Matteo in the boat the Deena.

Then, what if Dave and Jenna meet and are told something like “You must pick 3 members of your tribe to go live with the other tribe”. Never says switch, just something like “go live with”. Now, each tribe has 3 “new members” that everyone gets to know and start to align with. As a part of this each tribe gets a reward meal at their camp once the new tribe members move. That would take care of the reward part of the show.

When they go to the immunity challenge JP something like, “Switch, I never said switch, I said go live at." You must compete with your original tribe. That would allow for the “shock” that Heidi has.

Well, let me know what you agree with and what you think is bunk…

Boot Ed

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-10-03, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Dumb question"
I could have easily missed something, but why is this particular spoiler called the "Boston Rob" spoiler? And could someone provide a link to the discussion underway at SS so I can read it for myself?

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-03, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Answer to my question"
I found the discussion on this topic at SS. The spoiler was reported by Boston Guy1. Here's the link:

http://pub124.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=15627.topic

03-10-03, 03:13 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Boston Rob Spoiler"
KB,

I like it, it is more solid than my speculation. So it would look like Deena and the gang may decide to base their choices on "older males" rather than my previous guess of "nice, stable, malleable males." Looks like it just may end up being the Horny tribe vs the Ornery tribe after all.

This may further indicate that new Jaburu dominates the next few challenges, and either continues to dominate in a delayed merge situation or Jaburu Pagongs Tamb (mostly) in a normal merge situation (Jeanne and Roger get tossed before Pagong is complete).

Good work KB on the continued synthesis : )

Cheers, BI

03-10-03, 08:47 PM (EST)
27. "Deena and Matt in boat?"
I just peeked into Survivor fever and examined the vidcap of
Deena with the bitsy piece of forehead in the boat
with her, looked like Matt's noggin to me.

But maybe I see what I want to see.

Another other input?

BI

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-03, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Yup it's Matt..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-03 AT 07:05 AM (EST)

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-03, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Yup it's Matt..."
Ice, I posted some additional frames for you:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3625.shtml#1

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-03, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Boston Rob Spoiler"
I agree - had posted that same team make-up yesterday (above).

03-10-03, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Boston Rob Spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-03 AT 00:02 AM (EST)

If Dave and Jenna were told you must swap (ie: trade away) three people, then Dave would get rid of Matthew (for being Daniel's buddy), Rob (for being two faced), Alex (for being two faced and/or being injured).

Jenna would keep her core alliance member Heidi along with the strong Deena thus trading Christy, Jeanne, and the weak Shawna.

New Tribes would be:

Jamburu: Jenna, Heidi, Deena, Matt, Alex, Rob

Tambaqui: Dave, Roger, Butch, Christy, Jeanne, Shawna

In EP5 Alex get's hurt but his new tribe, Jamburu win immunity and Tambaqui goes to TC where Dave, Butch, Roger and Christy (out of sympathy for Shawna) vote Shawna out. Remember the friend of a friend spoiler that said if Shawna didn't go in EP4 it would be EP5.

Jaburu loses IC next week, the injured Alex is booted leading to Alex and Shawna finding love in Loser Lodge.

colleenwannabe 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-10-03, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail colleenwannabe Click to send private message to colleenwannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The switch"
It would also be very amusing to have Rob on a team with Deena, Christy and Jeanne, as opposed to on a team with Heidi, Jenna, and Shawna.

Though I'm not sure how MB would engineer the makeup of the teams at this point, I think he would be amused by this outcome, and the editing of Rob up until now shows that.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-03, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The switch"
Dragging mine over as well

# 1. All the words in the teasers strike me as a situation that is given to the Survivors who have a choice in the outcome as opposed to MB saying, here you go, no choice. Example, last season's option to switch as opposed to Africa's twist. The wording fits a CHOICE IMO.

# 2. Last season's "option" was done spur of the moment with 30 seconds to decide without conferring with anyone. No one took Jeffy up on the offer HOWEVER some confessed later they might have or assumed someone else might have. The "disaster" of it, IMO was the fact that it was a throw out unexpected to them and it scared them to make such a drastic change so the audience perception was it bombed.

# 3. We KNOW at some point there has to be a joining of the males and females; it HAS to be done. Separating there was merely a prerequisite. And unlike some of you, I think the split men vs. female is getting old now.

#4. There has been so much OVERKILL of certain members of each tribe DYING to sink their teeth into the other tribe. Heidi/Jenna with their using their bodies and how wonderful they are, Rob with his constant 8 ball asking about hooking up, it's reeking of foreshadowing.

#5. The alliances as we know it in both tribes IMO are so convulated it is ridiculous. Shawna wants out, Jenna/Heidi had to stop her, Jeanne lost her greatest ally, Christy voted with the majority who clearly used her, Deena is alligned with people she could dump when it suits her. Rob is zooming everyone, Dave trusts no one, Matthew only has just begun to define new relationships, etc. While we "see" alliances, IMO they are ALL over the place and could EASILY with the right opportunity be changed

#6. The cast this time IMO would jump at the chance to switch up. Heidi/Jenna can't wait to use their bodies, Rob can't wait to be with the women, Jeanne and Christy are potentially in no man's land, Shawna is just spent. Alex and Dave are intrigued by the women. Only Roger and Butch IMO would seemingly be content to stay as is.

Taking the above into consideration, if say Pick Up Sticks is just a result of the tribes having sticks to pick up or choose from and Jenna and Dave are the "winners" of such and go on a date.... what if they are given the opportunity by Jeff to bring back to their own tribes the CHOICE to swap in some aspect and given TIME as well as CONVERSATION with each other to decide on the TEMPTATION to do it. They each go back with this surprise (Heidi in her confessional mentions about shocking but she isn't like blown out of the water) and this ends up causing certain members to whisper on this etc. Jeanne may overhear one of these conversations and gets PO'd about it etc. And at the next "meeting" Jeffy asks individually their decision.

This "opportunity" would be very "tempting" and the fact they have the time and opportunity to discuss it would give a greater opportunity for those who want to switch up. Now as far as it being "even" how would Jeffy have done it last season if Shii Ann and Steph wanted to switch? He would have to have contigencies for that which he could for this season as well.

If last season's cast had time and opportunity to discuss the "offer" we may have seen a different outcome and the fact that there is SO much crap being thrown at us about the sexes and the hook ups and the using their bodies, etc. I can't fathom that MB is not going to work that angle and soon.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-10-03, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The switch"
Does anyone else notice that Dave and Jenna are the two youngest in their tribes?

I think Jeff Probst does something like telling them the two youngest go off and maybe start the merge. This is a smart move by Jeff because he knows the two youngest are most likely to have sparks fly. I just think by having the two oldest pick the tribes in the last Survivor something is done with the two youngest on this Survivor.

03-10-03, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: The switch"
Maybe the two youngest get to be tribal elders this time! Good catch, WJ, I think it definitely means MB is going all out for the ratings/demographics numbers. It may mean more than that, dunno.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-10-03, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The switch"
I read somewhere a long time ago, probably before Amazon started, about a swap rule.

can anybody find that (needle in a haystack)?

I believe it was on the lines that if the teams were even at 6 then the RULES state there will be a 3 swap. maybe this was a JP quote. or Chill One original post.

I have been using this basis voting and predicting this week would be a swap.

03-10-03, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Wording "
May help, may not.

Survivor 6 - A surprise tempts them with the opportunity of some new dynamics

Survivor 5 - The Survivors receive a shocking offer (Offer to swap, their choice)

Also Survivor 5 - The two tribes anticipate a merger between them, but what they don't anticipate are the details (Fake merger by MB and company)

Survivor 4 - And the castaways throw their fates to the winds and find themselves in a surprising predicament.
(Swap initiated by MB and company)

Survivor Three - A SURVIVOR first! Every friendship and every alliance will be shattered. The Survivors thought they knew the game, but the game is about to change

(MB devised swap, we first deemed it a twist but it was a swap)

Just putting this here (did not see it posted yet-pardon if done) to maybe get more of an inkling of how MB likes to word his teasers regarding these situations.

03-10-03, 06:47 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Wording "
sure would tempt matt christi and jeanee. jenna and heidiwould want men to build there hut alex and rob will want good looking women to look at.

03-10-03, 06:58 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Wording "
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-03 AT 07:10 PM (EST)

>May help, may not.
>
>Survivor 6 - A surprise tempts
>them with the opportunity of
>some new dynamics

>

The CBS Press release says:

..."A SURPRISE ROCKS THE TRIBE DYNAMICS..."

"Just when the tribes settle into their environment, a surprise tempts the existing alliances within the tribes..."

"With this unforseen turn of events, the survivors are presented with new tribe dynamics which may ultimately challenge current alliances..."

Edited to add analysis:

It seems that the "alliances" is what are being tempted...

Dave and Jenna must decide something about the swap, and go back to their tribes to "present" their decision about the new tribe dynamics. Heidi is shocked by Jenna's decision because she thought their alliance was solidly in control.

After the 3-3 swap the "current alliances", now face a new tribe dynamic which may "challenge" them...a 3-3 tie with the other tribe members.

The temptation will come for those that may want to jump ship to the other alliance after the swap.

The temptation comes AFTER the swap, not before...

Krautboy

03-10-03, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The switch"
I've read Kraut's thread that was referenced, and I'm still unclear why we're so convinced that there is going to be a swap, anyone want to try and summarize the thinking? Thanks.

03-10-03, 07:33 PM (EST)
26. "RE: The switch"
The three main arguments for a swap:

1. Boston Guy1 Spoiler (from SS) that reports Alex voted off by Heidi/Jenna and Rob in EP5/6. This could only happen after a swap (early merge has been ruled out).

2. Forehead’s observation that the “Battle of the Sexes” theme has disappeared for EP5. Swap makes the BOS theme obsolete.

3. Split screen vidcap of the IC Boat Race is used to hide the other participants in the boats. (no other IC images shown) This is not necessary unless there are teammates of the opposite sex in the boats, which would reveal a swap.

Other clues such as the “Mystery Box”, role of ambassadors, ChillOne Spoiler, etc can be argued either way.

These three points are not air-tight, but they seem to suggest a swap… they do not exclude the possibility of both swap and pre-merge cohabitation…

Krautboy

03-10-03, 11:14 PM (EST)
30. "Conclusive Proof of a Swap..."
Vidcap evidence in the 'Yup It's Matt' post above.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-11-03, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Great Job Icecat; who goes where"
For the tribal swap, there seem to be different speculation on the who goes where....

I believe our tribes will breakup this way:

With Jenna and Dave both being ambassadors, it would be way unfair for them to be on the same tribe...(just for the psychology of chosen/outcast....don't think MB would go there).

So Jenna probably stays Jabaru

Dave we know stays Tambaqui

We see Matthew in the boat with Deena both on Jabaru. We also see Heidi post ambassador meeting being shocked.

So we have Jenna, Deena, and Heidi staying with Jabaru.

We have Boston Rob spoiler of Heidi/Jenna joining with Rob to get rid of Alex.

So, that gives us all of Jabaru: Alex, Rob, Matthew, Jenna, Heidi, and Deena

Leaving Tambaqui as Dave, Roger, Butch, Christy, Jeanne, and Shawna

It also potentially gives us the order of the next 3 boots and how it happens.

Shawna wants to go home. Jeanne/Christy will jump at opportunity to align with the guys. IC is water physical challenge. Tambaqui won't be able to sit anyone out. Shawna will be dead weight, and Shawna will finally get to go home.

Which will lead us to Ep. 6 where it looks like Rob will join the ladies to dump Alex over Matthew expecting a merge in Ep. 7 since these guys don't know what went on in Thailand and Rob the Survivor king will get rid of a strong competitor (and an attention threat from the ladies).

Then we wondered how Dave could go pre-jury. Merge takes place at its regular time. The new Jabaru unite (Matthew has learned to vote with majority) and vote strongest Tambaqui---Dave----Butch, Roger, Christy, Jeanne vote as a bloc, and Dave the most knucklehead rocket scientist ever goes against the bloc, votes his conscience for someone else and we have a 5-4-1 vote against Dave.

03-11-03, 00:03 AM (EST)
33. "See this post..."
Assuming that Dave and Jenna have to give away tribe members...

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3623.shtml#31

03-11-03, 00:12 AM (EST)
35. "Roo, VanQ, and me Too..."
We seem to agree on the swap of tribal members with Dave and Jenna selecting to give away members resulting in the new tribes:

Jaburu: Jenna, Heidi, Deena, Rob, Matt, Alex

Tambaqui: Dave, Roger, Butch, Christy, Jeanne, Shawna

For reasons that I posted here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3623.shtml#31

I think the next boots go as follows:

EP5 Shawna
EP6 Alex

03-11-03, 01:43 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Roo, VanQ, and me Too..."
Great work by all! I think we've solved what seemed so unsolvable a few days ago...

Krautboy

03-11-03, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "fake swap and reward"
Krautboy:

I am new to all this so if my link does not work please see my post above.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=3623&forum=DCForumID2&omm=17

Why couldn't there be a reward where they select one from each team to compete together? Because they never have just like last year when the relatives stayed for both the reward and immunity challenges?

Boot Ed

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-03, 06:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Conclusive Proof of a Swap..."
>Vidcap evidence in the 'Yup It's
>Matt' post above.

I'm in agreement with everyone's excellent work in this thread on the Matthew morph pic, the reasoning of the swap, who's going to be on each tribe etc. ... but we've got to be careful about saying "conclusive proof of a swap" -- for all we know, MB could be fooling us and the Matthew-Deena boat pic is just a team in a RC and not a whole new tribe together in the boat.

Having said that... I do believe in the swap theory and that Shawna and Alex are the next two boots.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

VanQ1 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-11-03, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ1 Click to send private message to VanQ1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "breaking the tribe, picking up sticks (your new tribemates)"
I speculated last week, in the thread with Bunglers vidcaps, about the possibility of the chosen two (Jenna and Dave) being responsible for selecting the new tribes.

S3, EACH TRIBE got to choose which 3 were their strongest, and then sent them on the mission which ended in the switch.
S4 was done strictly by luck of the draw.
S5 each individual had a chance to choose to switch.

This season, I think that they will use a different method of determing the switch. And I think it might be that DAVE and JENNA have to choose the 3 people they will SEND TO THE OPPOSING TRIBE and which 2 you will keep with you.
I think this would be great, and would love to see how they would each think through their strategies for selecting who would stay and who would go.
Say for Jenna, would she decide to keep her closest allies Deena and Heidi, and send Christy and Jeanne. Knowing that she would definitely alienate them by sending them over, as well as sending 2 very strong tribemates to your opponent.
Same with Dave, he seems to have allied with Roger and Butch. But .. that means sending Matt and Alex, 2 very strong team members to the other side, to keep someone you trust.

But most interesting of all, it also will reveal alliances to the other players, if you are not careful in your selections!

03-11-03, 00:13 AM (EST)
36. "Don't forget..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-03 AT 00:18 AM (EST)

... Alex's injury might occur before Dave goes to the 'shower shack'.

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-11-03, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Don't forget..."
Hmmn....this is the vidcap from the web preview

This is from the TV preview

Notice how Matthew's head near the fire isn't anywhere close anymore? It's now just the full flag.

I THINK WE CAUGHT MB in the act!

Mark

03-11-03, 01:33 AM (EST)
38. "They don't call him..."
EPM fer nuthin...

03-11-03, 01:40 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Don't forget..."
It was hard, but based on Ice's directions I found a piece of Matt still in tonight's promo... dunno if it's any more difficult than the web promo, I never saw the web promo.

I posted some of the frames in the vidcap thread

03-11-03, 08:07 AM (EST)
44. "RE: New dynamics, new targets"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-03 AT 08:10 AM (EST)

Deleted

03-11-03, 08:52 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Don't forget..."
The more I look at these split screen IC caps, the more it seems to me that this will be a relay in stages. Do we have anything yet about what the other stages might be? In S4 the relay had three stages: running with stops to unlock and collect, sprint, rowing. If this is stages again than an injured player could be placed in a stage where the injury might have the least impact on the outcome.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

03-11-03, 11:37 AM (EST)
46. "RESwitching"
The choice selections would be different if Jenna and Dave get to farm out someone as opposed to selecting someone.

I think Jenna and Dave will also have a differnet mindset in their selections. Jenna will no doubt pick for her own progress and Dave will largely select based on picking a winning team.

Jenna would farm out Jeanne, Christy and Shawna
Reasons: J/C not in her alliance and Shawna is ill

However, Dave would probably choose Heidi, Shawna and Deena
Reasons: Heidi athletic, Deena has been shown quite a bit with her conversation, seems outgoing/hard worker, Shawna b/c he is partial to her (allowed one poor lapse in judgment and he can't really know how ill she is I would gather)

Dave would probably farm out: Matthew, Rob, Roger
Reasons: I just sense he is closer to Butch and I think Alex is the other "young" choice he would make.

Jenna would probably choose: Rob, Alex, Butch
Reasons: Rob and Alex have clearly shown their appreciation of women, I don't believe Jenna has sensed anything from Matthew (he seems to try to keep his cool around the women) and Butch would be the final selection of a lesser desirable pick)

The dynamics would change then but either way I speculate that Jenna is picking based on what she could do with or to her tribe while Dave is more inclined to pick based on what they could do for him.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-11-03, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: RESwitching"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-03 AT 11:58 AM (EST)

>The dynamics would change then but
>either way I speculate that
>Jenna is picking based on
>what she could do with
>or to her tribe while
>Dave is more inclined to
>pick based on what they
>could do for him.

When I was in college, I once heard an interesting academic discussion (at least I thought it was interesting) regarding how boys and girls pick teammates when choosing up a team in the schoolyard. Basicly, girls are most likely going to choose their friends (irrespective of the talents of there friends in the game they are playing). They will almost always choose their best friend first. Boys choose the best athletes to be on their team.

Having grown up a boy and finding it shocking that girl wouldn't pick the best available player when selecting teammates, I did an informal poll of my own. Every girl I spoke to said they would always pick their best friend first.

That leads me to also believe that Heidi remains with Jenna. It also leads me to be surprised that Shawna isn't kept with Jenna (Unless last weeks' vote made it clear that Jenna is no longer part of the allaince or if Dave picks Shawna to be on his side since he doesn't know she is sick and he thinks she is the hottest alternative after Heidi and Jenna). Jenna's selection might just be an example of the different ways the sexes interact and not an example of her trying to get ahead. I agree Dave's picks will be made to improve his chance of winning competetions.

03-11-03, 12:40 PM (EST)
48. "RE: RESwitching"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-03 AT 12:48 PM (EST)

Even if Jenna considers Shawna to be part of the alliance, it's still difficult to envision why she'd keep her:

1) If it's a 3-3 swap, then Jenna can only keep two other women and her aliiance has three other members

2) Shawn's apparently sick -- a liability in both competitions and a liability to possibly leave the game at any moment due to illness... in either case, that's not someone you want on your team or in your alliance

3) If she sends Shawna to the other team, it's almost like a mercy killing, Shawna will more than likely be the first voted out yet will also not damage Jenna's gameplan. Jenna might even consider than trying to "help" Shawna get what it is that she wants -- namely out

4) If Shawna gets voted out of New Tambaqui, then Jeanne and Christy are now at a clear 2 vs. 3 disadvantage in the tribe and, if gender lines persist, are also likely to also get voted out by the men and be gone by merge-time -- hopefully getting two people off the jury that might have not had a high standing of her.

To me the surprise her IS NOT Jenna opting to send Shawna to the other tribe (or even Dave possibly choosing to TAKE SHAWNA from the other tribe, after all the men's gushing, Dave clearly might be letting Little Dave be doing the thinking on that decision.)

The surprise to me would be that Jeanne and Christy would opt to join the men in voting Shawna out as the first bootee of New Tambaqui... I know they might fell bad for her, but doing so would seem to seal their own fates. But how knows, maybe this does happen and Burnett uses it to contrast the compassionate side of Jeanne/Christy versus the previous attitude shown by Jenna/Heidi/Deena in Ep4.

After 12 days of women vs. men, you'd think that Christy and Jeanne would be simply hoping to survive six days in "enemy territory" and be planning on hoping to re-align with Jenna/Heidi/Deena after a merge after, but apparently that doesn't happen...

Is it because the the politics in the women's tribe run deeper than we might think? Is it because Jenna and Heidi decide to go back to their original plan and hope to ally with any manipulate some men??

-SB

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-03, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: RESwitching"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-03 AT 01:21 PM (EST)

What bothers me about the swap scenarios being discussed is that mostly they revolve around Jenna and Dave getting decision-making power on what to do with other people.

It was one thing to have Jake and Jan select their own tribemates at the beginning of the game when no one knew anyone else. But would MB give two contestants carte blanche to restructure the tribes to their own liking in the middle of the game? It allows them an opportunity to try to manipulate the outcome of the game that the other contestants don't have. Wouldn't this just be inviting a lawsuit?

It's possible that Dave and Jenna could earn this right, by winning a challenge or by some other means, but it still seems like a very tenuous gamble for MB to take, imho.

If there is a swap, the tribes may shake out the way that people are predicting, but I think this has to be arrived at either by chance or by a process that involves everyone.

03-11-03, 02:49 PM (EST)
53. ""Fairness""
At 6v6 a three person swap results in what are basicly 4 seperate 3 person alliances...two on each tribe. This is about as fair a swap situation as possible in this game.

A completely random process has been done before. Besides, it seems unlikely that a random selection would result in the "New" tribe make-up as we are predicting...so closely resembling the tribes that Jenna and Dave would select if given the power.

Having Dave and Jenna each select 3 members of the other tribe would seem to cancel out the others attempt at selecting the stronger team.

With the merge not far away, any unfair advantage will soon disappear and the remaining tribe members will have the opportunity to realign or reestablish their old alliances if they choose.

I don't believe MB could be accused of being unfair with a 3 person swap, even if Dave and Jenna are "tempted" to make some changes to the tribe dynamics and current alliances.

Krautboy

03-11-03, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: "Fairness""
Besides, it seems unlikely that a random selection would result in the "New" tribe make-up as we are predicting.

True, Krautboy, and I agreed with this below.

But the same result would likely occur if Jiffy were to confront the two tribes and say, "okay, three people from each tribe must move to the other tribe. Who's gonna move, who's gonna stay?" Of course people would rearrange according to alliances (or lack thereof). No two players would need to go on a "date" to accomplish this.

03-11-03, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: RESwitching"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-03 AT 02:55 PM (EST)

First, there's been some good thinking around here on this stuff, as well as the great vidcap stuff (did *I* ever say anything about the non-value of vidcaps? Me? Noooo, never.... )

Second, I have to agree with Brownroach that MB having two contestants given this much power, to swap tribe members at whim, seems a little too much.

So I'm wondering if they won't draw names out of a hat or something.

Comments?

Edited to add: Just saw Krautboy's last post (53?) about the fairness of them selecting. I disagree. I don't think that it IS fair. Not that MB *has* to be fair about anything. Sure they balance each other out, but unless Dave and Jenna WIN the opportunity to do this, I'd have to wonder about them being given the power to select others.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

03-11-03, 03:38 PM (EST)
58. "RE: RESwitching"
Thinking about this some more, Dawg...

Maybe they volunteer to go on the "summit meeting", not knowing that they will be given the responsibility to choose new tribes. It gives them power of a sort, but, on the other hand, others might be resentful of them for receiving this privilege, and try to get rid of them sooner.

So perhaps it is viewed as a mixed blessing.

03-11-03, 04:39 PM (EST)
62. "RE: RESwitching"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-03 AT 04:55 PM (EST)

Aren't Dave and Jenna the youngest male and female left in the game?

How would this be any different than Jake and Jan -- the two oldest folks -- getting to pick alternate picking the initial teams last time? Does the Amazon have some tales about the strength of youth, etc. (kinda like Thailand supposedly had for elders)

Ya the survivor's "know" each other now, but Dave still really knows nothing about the women other than their names and what they look like. And the same applies to Jenna re: the men, so any "advantage" in that regard is completely offset.

My latest guess is that they alternate picking men and women... Jenna gets the first woman pick and grabs Heidi, Dave then goes for the boy's last remaining babe that's on the board -- Shawna. And then Jenna then goes her other alliance-mate Deena and Dave then gets Christy and Jeanne as the leftovers.

On the men's side Dave gets the first men's pick and takes Butch or Roger, Jenna then grabs Rob (he seemed to catch her eye.) Dave then takes whoever is left of Butch and Roger and Jenna gets left with Matthew and Alex.

I think the women's side of that scenario is quite plausible... the only part that I'm not too clear on why Dave goes for Butch and Roger over Rob, Matthew and Alex. The only reasons that come to mind is that possibly Dave knows that Alex got injured earlier in the day and maybe it's serious enough that it might slow him down in challenges and perhaps Matthew is still very much the outsider that he's been presented to be. And that still doesn't explain Rob -- maybe he just figures Rob would kill him if Rob learned that Dave was responsible for Rob not having a chance to be in the same tribe as Jenna and Heidi for a while

The other possibility here is that they have to each start with the opposite sex, and in that case Dave gets to pick the first woman and grabs Shawna (who seems to be the favorite of all the young guys other than Rob, and hell, Dave's going to pick for himself first before he starts picking for Rob) and Jenna dodges a huge bullet in the process. Jenna then quickly grabs Heidi and Dave goes for the last young girl in the game -- Christy. Jenna then quickly grabs Deena and Dave gets left with Jeanne.

On the men's side Jenna gets first pick and grabs the guy that caught her eye -- Rob. Dave follows with Roger or Butch. Jenna then grabs probably Alex, but maybe MAtthew, and Dave takes which ever of Butch/Roger he didn't take the first time. Jenna then grabs which ever of Alex/Matthew she passed on last time as the leftover.

This later scenario makes a little more sense to me, it explains why Dave let's Rob go... because he didn't have any choice.

03-11-03, 09:11 PM (EST)
65. "RE: RESwitching"
I've been toying with different scenarios and I think if Dave and Jenna have to pick teams it will probably be done as it was in Thailand, Jenna has to pick a guy first and Dave has to pick a girl first, then they alternate. So, let's try this scenario:

ROUND ONE: Treemail arrives with key to mystery box and instructions for youngest tribe member to open the box. Box contains map for Jenna and Dave to follow on "quest,' they take off and get to spend the night together on a date, thinking they are ambassadors for their tribes. The next morning it turns out (twist) they are the "tribal elders" (how this fits with Amazon traditions I have no idea) and have to select new tribes.

ROUND TWO: Jenna picks Rob, goofy-looking younger guy represents her chance to finally play the sex strategy. Dave picks Shawna, prefered by 3 of 4 young Tambaqui including Dave.

ROUND THREE: Jenna picks her closest ally, Heidi. Dave picks team leader Roger.

ROUND FOUR: Jenna picks Alex so she and Heidi can really run with the sex strategy. Dave picks youngest remaining Jaburu, Christy.

ROUND FIVE: Jenna picks Deena, the only one left from her alliance to choose. Dave picks Butch, mutual ally of himself and Roger, over mistrusted Matthew.

ROUND SIX: Matthew is the only guy left, joins New Jaburu. Jeanne is the only gal left, joins New Tambaqui.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

03-11-03, 01:16 PM (EST)
49. "Alliance Preservation"
By process of elimination we are left with:

New Jaburu : Deena, Jenna, Heidi, Matthew, Rob, and Alex
New Tambaqui: Dave, Roger, Butch, Christy, Jeanne, and Shawna.

The only way I can imagine this result is if Jenna and Dave are given the task of selecting 3 members to be sent to the other tribe. Both Dave and Jenna make selections trying to preserve their current alliances (which is an underlying theme in the previews), which are ultimately challenged after the swap creates 3v3 voting blocks...until theu realize Shawna wants to go home.

Krautboy

03-11-03, 01:57 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Alliance Preservation"
BrownRoach I agree with that and there are too many ways for the tribes to change also depending upon how they are picked but I wonder if MB is going to have them to do it this way for the same reasons you believe it would not be conducive unlike Jan and Jake when they went by barely any information except sight and job description and hometown.

Interestingly enough in pursuing the theme of men vs. women and their own choices of playing, flirting, aligning, etc. this would be yet another way to show the audience the dynamics of how a man and female play this game against each other and with each other. Take two young individuals (which in this whole set up of Amazon is perfect to have the "young" do this) of opposite sex and see what they do with the opportunity presented to them.

Will they select along stereotypical methods (like I stated in my prior post) will they base it on appearance, on who they could manipulate or who will lead them to a winning team.

As the seasons have progressed, MB in actuality has given more power to the players, what they choose to do with it though is another aspect of the game.

In looking back (and I know I forgot stuff but this is generally what happened)

First Survivor - guinea pig episode, traditional merge with ambassadors to pick new name, etc.
Australia - typical merger correct? (why do I always forget about Australia) but let's focus more on when the twists really started:

Africa he devised the first twist - they selected their players not knowing and wham switched now see what they do with it

Marqueses - threw them a surprise on a random stand on a circle then brought two people together to devise the new tribe name, etc. Second time happening so there was no real need to REALLY spice it up; it was still slightly new to us and he introduced some other factors in the game.

Thailand - had Jan and Jake pick their tribes THEN gave them a decision on their own to change their tribe (no one bit of course) then faked merged them

Amazon - he has got to do a little bit differently but still perhaps give them some power to make a decision here because why go backwards when he is probably enjoying the whole sociological aspect of these people making decisions and trying to survive as a result of them. In this scenario though, he is giving two people ALL the power as opposed to individually saying you can switch if you want, no one bit. This time, you two, I'm giving you the choices and power here and note your alliances, friendships enemies what have you are now in your hands.

While I'm not positive this is how it will be as the possibilities can be total blindfolded random, all in one but by choice, swap out three of your own or pick three of the other, MB is going to have to keep the "twist" fresh AND progress it along somewhat.

03-11-03, 02:32 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Alliance Preservation"
I can see how the new tribal make-up is being arrived at.
It's certainly very odd that this leaves all the presumed alliances intact -- the very thing that MB usually hopes to unravel with a swap. But the cute girls + Deena are still together; Roger and his two (apparently) closest cronies are still together; the not-so-fond-of-Roger faction of the men is still together. Only the Christy/Shawna/Jeanne trio is sort of a nebulous entity.

I don't know what to think right now. Still got two more days...

03-11-03, 03:26 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Alliance Preservation"
Brownroach

I can see where MB would want these alliances to be kept and to see how they hold up with the merging of the alliances. Do the guys go goo goo over the woman. Do the woman "fall" for the men. Do those who are on the edge find a way to make it into the existing alliances. Take Christy or Jeanne for example. I could see either one of these becoming good friends with Butch and then Butch protecting them as long as he could.

Just my thoughts...

Boot Ed

03-11-03, 03:33 PM (EST)
57. "On the other hand..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-03 AT 03:35 PM (EST)

I think MB is trying to create some disturbances in the Force... the Force being the two tribes.

By having Dave and Jenna select 3 and 3, the three that Dave goes back and tells "You're on the other tribe" are naturally going to think "Okay, Dave sent me because he thinks I'm weak or he doesn't like me. Well screw him! Guess who *I* vote for after the merge?"

Therefore, the potential for Pagonging is (hopefully for MB) lessened.

I dunno... I *really* think this has to be done by chance...

03-11-03, 04:02 PM (EST)
60. "RE: On the other hand..."
SurvivinDawg:

I am not sure how I think it is going to go. Currently the thinking is that Matthew, Christy, Butch, Heidi, Rob, and Deena are the final 6. That leaves Jeanne, Alex, Shawna, Dave, Roger and Jenna as getting booted (or for those that feel it is Jenna where I put Deena that would work also). If we look at the tribes as they are talking about:

Jeanne, Christy, Shawna, Butch, Roger and Dave at Tambaqui and

Deena, Heidi, Jenna, Rob, Alex and Matthew at Jaburu.

So, how do end up with the final 6? Christy and Butch would have to bond and protect each other. I can see that happening.

Matthew would have to get in with Deena (or Jenna) and Rob to make the final 6 and boot out Heidi in position 6.

Let's assume that Rob goes 5th, because of some alliance.

If C/O is correct that would mean Christy 4th, Butch 3rd, Matt 2nd and Deena (or Jenna) 1st. How would Matt make it that far? The only way I can see him making that far is by winning individual immunities. But then, why would they not have booted him before that?

Curiouser and Curiouser

Boot Ed

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-03, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: On the other hand..."
Therefore, the potential for Pagonging is (hopefully for MB) lessened.

Well, if the new tribes do shake out as speculated, we will have a F4 (Butch, Matt*, Christy, Deena) consisting of 2 of each tribe, both original and swapped. Could it get any better than this?

*I think it could still be Rob too, but the result is the same.

03-11-03, 03:55 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Alliance Preservation"
Boot Ed, after I posted I started thinking about this too. It does preserve something of the BOS rivalry by having the tighter groups from each tribe remain together -- now we have two mini-battles, sort of.

And we get to see which faction begins to crack first in the wake of living with members of the opposite sex. This is starting to make sense.

03-11-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Picking for purpose"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-03 AT 04:19 PM (EST)

Booted I'm not quite with you on the final 6 there. Jenna is a major contender to be the final two woman.
(sorry Booted just saw you intermixed Deena/Jenna)

In trying to figure out why or how D/J would pick who they pick like I said, their thought process is huge. We know for sure Deena and Matthew are on the same tribe, that is pretty much it FOR SURE. It would not even surprise me in the least if Jenna didn't select Heidi for her tribe just so Jenna has open room to ensnare all the men. Women with women, the two alike see a partner of commiseration. Put a man there, two friends could be the worse enemies and in fact, two men who are lifelong friends could stop speaking b/c of a woman so whatever alliances (and I use that term very loosely this season) there are, once the tribes are mixed up, again, ego, competiveness are going to rear their ugly heads here. Not too mention the fact again that the alliances we have seen this season are by no means alliances that we counted on in the past to keep their word. I have yet to see that happen here even Jenna/Heidi - don't be so sure of their closeness. Quite honestly Jeanne/Joanna probably had the tightest bond. This is speaking from a woman's point of view. The young men nope, not them either. Butch? Yeah Butch'll keep his word and Roger would with Butch. Dave has the maturity to do so also but I do not believe the "alliances" as we "see" them holding tight like a Lex/Tom/Ethan/Kim despite a switch here

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-03, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Picking for purpose"
Butch and Roger being together in a switch -- but not sticking together for end game is a hard piece to fit IMO.

I think either they must be on seperate tribes (and make new deals) OR Butch is very aware of the importance of a Principal NOT alligning himself with a biggot so he finds a way to break the promise.

Which is more likely? Obviously, something happens to break the promise Ryan told us about in his chat...but what?

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-11-03, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Picking for purpose"
Well, as someone with the same job as Butch who is almost the same age (but not similar appearance, I like to think), I can say that I would consider it game suicide to stay allied with Roger beyond a merger. So he'll keep his bond for a while, then cut bigot/phobe Roger loose.

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-03, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jsanb Click to send private message to jsanb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: The switch"
I have gone on record(if anyone cares) saying before S6 started that a merge would happen in Episode 5 while the players had 12. The preview indicates SOMETHING is happening in episode 5- either the early merge or the swap. The arguments for the swap are VERY strong and have to say that I am teetering between the two possibilities.

A merge now is still possible. The men could easily point to Shawna as being sick and saying she has to go and Jeanne jumping on board faster then you can say Cute Girls. Then Alex gets hurt and the same thing happens again.... all the girls point to Alex and say "now it is his turn" and use their assets to convince Matt, Rob and Dave to vote Alex out.

Do I like my theory? Not as much as before. The swap and your theories actually seem to make MORE sense.

I am just throwing this out so you all can laugh at it and poke holes, and in the off chance that I am right I can say "I told you so." LOL

Peanut Butter Jeff
A John Nash disciple

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-12-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: The switch"
Being the untrusting and suspicous New Englander that I am I have to question the reliability of UNPROVEN Spoilers.

1. Who the heck is BostonGuy? I have never heard this name before and I've been an avid Survivor addict and speculator since day 1. I do not put any faith whatsoever in unproven spoiler resources, so until this Boston dud comes up with somthing of factual substance I don't buy it.

2. Chill One was WRONG on his boot order. Okay, semantics you say...I beg to differ. Sure he had the first 4 people but not in the correct order which makes a HUGE difference in the end game and causes me to seriously question the reliabilty of his source. Is is not possible that he could be wrong about the order of the F4???

3. More regarding CO... "Jana" is a name that is completely ambiguous to us. That name can clearly be applied to any of the women in tribe except Christy and Heidi considering the language barrier.

4. Chats - C'mon people MB and his minions coach these chats. Any contestant caught spilling the beans is fined, and heavily. I distrust anything coming from See-BS.

5. More CO...do you put your trust in the interperatation of a boat driver on the Amazon? These are poor people and MB could have easily bought them off to create this spoiler and throw people off. Keep in mind this is SEE-BS a big wealthy American TV network, anything is within their power.

Then again maybe I'm just paranoid. Of course I am willing to change my POV if given substatiated evidence that CO's F4 is correct. Any takers?????????????????

03-12-03, 06:17 PM (EST)
69. "RE: The switch"
I don't feel 100% positive about the new tribal line-ups. Mostly this centers around where Heidi winds up. Re: Boston Guy, his direct quote was:

let's just say that after the "switch" rob and (either/or both) heidi and jenna take out ALEX!!!!!!!!!!

So Rob's little coup may not necessitate his being on the same tribe as both Jenna and Heidi, just one of them. The cap of Heidi saying she's "shocked" while wearing her yellow buff could occur before she has to move her cuteness over to Tambaqui.

It really comes down to how the picking is done. It's probably either random names out of a hat, or alternate picking like Jan and Jake did in S5 (I'm leaning toward the latter).

I do think that Jenna is not going to pick Shawna under any circumstances, so Shawna will end up on Tambaqui. But I think it's possible that Christy winds up on Jaburu instead of Heidi.

Then Rob/Alex could be on either tribe, as could Butch/Roger, but it's not likely that Jenna would choose in a way that she'd wind up with both Butch AND Roger. So most likely Rob/Alex are selected for Jaburu.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •