The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Joanna's chat"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

colleenwannabe 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-07-03, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail colleenwannabe Click to send private message to colleenwannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Joanna's chat"
Joanna had her chat this afternoon. There were several things of interest said, including the following:

She was not elected leader of Jaburu since she turned Jeanne down when Jeanne nominated her for that post.

She would not have voted for Shawna if Shawna had not asked her to do so. (So, who would she have voted for?)

If she were to pick an alliance knowing what she knows now, it would consist of Janet, Jeanne, Christy, and Shawna.

She and Jeanne found pinapples and other fruit near the camp.

She doesn't believe that Janet brought the granola bar.

Christy got into her face 3 times before she blew up at her about the idol.

She felt that Jeanne and Christy were the only other ones there for the right reasons.

She is now very annoyed with Rob about the 8 ball and his comments about her.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Joanna's chat dabo 03-07-03 1
 RE: Joanna's chat Markopolo100 03-07-03 2
   RE: Joanna's chat Krautboy 03-08-03 3
       RE: Joanna's chat munson 03-08-03 4
           RE: Joanna's chat ringtheory 03-09-03 5
   RE: Joanna's chat ImNext 03-09-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-07-03, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Joanna's chat"
Why in the world would she pick Shawna for an alliance knowing that the girl would collapse and want out of the game on her? They must become friends on the pre-jury Loozer Expedition.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-07-03, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Joanna's chat"
Some VERY interesting things:

Q: Do you think because of your closeness with Jeanne, that she will find it hard staying on the show without your friendship and support?
A: Jeanne is pretty resilient and I think she’ll do what it takes to hold her own as long as possible.

I take this as Jeanne joins her at LL.

Q: Roger’s name keeps getting thrown out there for the men when it comes to Tribal Council voting. Were the women able to see or sense that at challenges or anything?
A: The only think I can say is that during the reward challenge for the hygiene products Roger became very offended at the way I held the item over his head. That’s all I can really say about him.

Hmmn...is this a declaration of time spent at LL with good ol' Rog?

Q: JoAnna, who worked the least in camp?
A: Shawna probably worked the least in our camp. Perhaps because of her dehydration and weakness.

This doesn't bode well for a Shawna boot in the next few episodes.

BUT....then she says this

Q: JoAnna, of all the women in camp who would you have chosen for a solid alliance?
A: I would have chosen Jeanne and Janet, Christy and Shawna.

Her anger towards Rob also means he is jury bound (but we knew this already)

Q: Joanna, why did you apply for the show if have such an issue with the immunity idol?

A: I'm not a fan of the show and I felt that the show gave the leverage to choose whether or not to touch the immunity idol or not. I didn't think the prerequisite to being on the show was that you had to touch the immunity idol.

This woman is NUTS

Also a bunch about Christy

Q: JoAnna, how did you feel when Christy stated that as a "vessel of Christ" you should have been nicer? Do you feel as if you were portrayed poorly?
A: I can say that it was amazing to me that Christy had no respect for my Christianity and my wanting not to touch the idol, but she wanted me to be this loyal Christian when it came to putting her in her place. In that particular segment, I feel that I was portrayed poorly, because if you look, there's a glimpse of me in a bathing suit and then on talking to Christy I have on a rain jacket, and the reason for that is because I only confronted Christy after she'd been in my face three other times asking me to step down as a leader, telling me that I was stupid for not liking the idol and that I was the main reason people weren't liking her. Because those things weren't portrayed, it seems like I was aggressive towards Christy and she wasn't aggressive towards me. An indication was that she did not vote against me, I voted against her. She was a complete antagonist against me at that point in time.

Q: JoAnna, was Christy's deafness a liability or an asset for your tribe?
A: Christy's deafness was not a liability, but it wasn't an asset either. However, her hostility and her perception that people were weeding her out because of that became a liability. Her assumption that she was being isolated because of her deafness became a liability early. However, after she and I had our confrontation, I expressed that she should probably not feel that way and her entire attitude changed.

Q: Did you and Christy make up after the incident and finally get along?
A: Yes, Christy completely changed her perception of how she thought people in the tribe viewed her. She dismissed her disability and embraced her ability to function in the Amazon and represent well which she did.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-08-03, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Joanna's chat"
Some good examples of how much MB can control our perception of what we think happens on the show.

The editing is a powerful tool, that we as spoilers need to keep reminding ourselves about when we jump to conclusions about what we are shown...

Krautboy

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-08-03, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Joanna's chat"
Also important to keep in mind that the contestants are in total damage control mode during these chats.

Even so, MB's editting to portray Christy as a complete victim of Joanna's attack certainly would make her even more sympathetic to the audience. It's very important, especially after S5, to have a rooting interest in someone, all the way to the end game.

ringtheory 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-09-03, 06:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ringtheory Click to send private message to ringtheory Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Joanna's chat"
I agree Joanne must list Shawna due to the fact they become close friends pre-jury. I'd think the same would go for Jeanne, except Janet, in her chat, seems to have some unresolved issues about that candy bar thing. And Christy, I'm not sure whether she is jury or not. Everyone booted so far seems to love her, which worries me.

And you're right about the deiting. I can't begin to decipher it. Like with the Dan and Matthew vote, it was made to look like Dan was backstabbed, which Dan himself denies. Why was Matthew depicted in this way? And, if Joanna's account of her arguments with Chrissty are true, what's up with the editing there?

ImNext 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-09-03, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ImNext Click to send private message to ImNext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Joanna's chat"
Thanks for posting snips from the chat, as I'm always long gone to work by the time this comes on tv!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •