The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 "Pick Up Sticks""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-07-03, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 "Pick Up Sticks""
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-03 AT 00:04 AM (EST)

ON THE NEXT SURVIVOR

Just when the tribes start to get comfortable, a surprise tempts them with the opportunity of some new dynamics.

Accusations fly at the women's camp when Jeanne secretly overhears a conversation, which leads her to declare a new attitude.

Just as the men become confident that they have mastered their environment, Alex is suddenly hit with an injury.

edited to add: Guess Jeanne and Alex are both safe as can be!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Swap Krautboy 03-07-03 1
 RE: SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 ... PepeLePew13 03-07-03 2
 RE: SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 ... SurvivinDawg 03-07-03 3
   RE: SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 ... LilNik8 03-09-03 16
 RE: SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 ... KeithFan 03-07-03 4
   RE: SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 ... Markopolo100 03-07-03 5
       RE: SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 ... bichon 03-07-03 7
       RE: SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 ... rockluver 03-07-03 8
   Shawna wants a Coke. Krautboy 03-07-03 6
       RE: Shawna wants a Coke. ImNext 03-07-03 9
           RE: Shawna wants a Coke. slowr 03-07-03 11
 RE: SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 ... cowboyroo 03-07-03 10
 Remember this? Brownroach 03-07-03 12
   RE: Remember this? Markopolo100 03-08-03 13
   RE: Remember this? munson 03-08-03 14
 Alex's injury djandy 03-09-03 15
   RE: Teasers VerucaSalt 03-10-03 17
       RE: Teasers Brownroach 03-10-03 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-07-03, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Swap"
"Just when the tribes start to get comfortable, a surprise tempts them with the opportunity of some new dynamics.

"A surprise" (the "Mystery Boxes") "tempt them" (optional swap?) with the opportunity of some new dynamics (Dave and Jenna decide on the swap?)

Krautboy

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-03, 07:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 "Pick Up Sticks""

>Accusations fly at the women's camp
>when Jeanne secretly overhears a
>conversation, which leads her to
>declare a new attitude.

Jeanne's lost her closest ally in Joanna and she overhears Deena talking it over with the BBB, perhaps? She now realizes she needs to work on pulling Deena back and/or work on Christy to further herself in the game and target Shawna as the next boot?

>edited to add: Guess Jeanne and
>Alex are both safe as
>can be!

Yes... but this very well may set up Alex for a booting in oh about episode 6 (or 7).

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-03, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 "Pick Up Sticks""
Okay, I haven't really thought much about these, but my first impressions (subject to change when the hangover goes away) :

Just when the tribes start to get comfortable, a surprise tempts them with the opportunity of some new dynamics.

Swap/merge/livetogether. "Opportunity" is put in just to make us think it's optional or not a "done deal", and to generally get us to wonder about it.

Accusations fly at the women's camp when Jeanne secretly overhears a conversation, which leads her to declare a new attitude.

Declare an attitude? I imagine she's just going to show one. Maybe this is the Lady Godiva/no work declaration we're hearing about.

Just as the men become confident that they have mastered their environment, Alex is suddenly hit with an injury.

A pirahna bites him? Seriously, they keep throwing these things at us. Shawna, now Alex, yet haven't I seen or heard spoiler info that nobody gets seriously hurt?

And yes, I have to think that Jeanne and Alex are safe this week, but I need to peruse the CBS site to see what other misdirection they're going to present us (the poll questions, the popularity polls, etc.)

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

LilNik8 195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-03, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LilNik8 Click to send private message to LilNik8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 "Pick Up Sticks""
>Just when the tribes start to
>get comfortable, a surprise tempts
>them with the opportunity of
>some new dynamics.

>
>Swap/merge/livetogether. "Opportunity" is put in
>just to make us think
>it's optional or not a
>"done deal", and to generally
>get us to wonder about
>it.

Argh for some reason my post just disappeared so let me give you the cliff notes version...

What if Dave and Jenna get to choose who goes and stays at what tribe? That would make sense in the tribe structure that someone posted giving us a final 4 of Matthew, Butch, Deena, and Christy.

This also makes sense as to how the entire Boob Squad gets on one tribe together with the two "cute" (I use that term VERY loosely) guys at Tambaqui (sp)--Alex and Dave. They choose Roger for new Tambaqui because he's a hard worker.

Matthew and Rob are outcasts and Butch is just ehhh so they put them with the older women. Deena is no longer needed for an alliance.

Just a thought.

Nicole
GO HEELS! 82-79 WIN against the DOOKIES!
Mmmm Good--David Noel #34

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-03, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 "Pick Up Sticks""

"Master of their environment" - sounds quite Seinfeldish, could it be a painful "master of his domain" lance-waxing injury??

Could they really repeat the pointless "switch if you want" reward (the biggest non-event in Survivor history)?

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-07-03, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 "Pick Up Sticks""
I agree KeithFan...the optional switch was the worst thing they could come up with.

MB NEEDS a switch, he needs men and women together in alliances.

We know Heidi finished sixth, so that means if it stayed men vs. women alliances, the women don't fare well. The women and men MUST mix alliances at some point.

A regular merge doesn't allow for that. The women will stay together and the guys will stay together. THAT's bad for MB and his ratings. (He needs women to be guaranteed in the Final Four).

CHillOne's F4 Christy, Butch, Matthew? Jenna? reecks of switch along the way.

<<<Could they really repeat the pointless "switch if you want" reward (the biggest non-event in Survivor history)?

bichon 124 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-03, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bichon Click to send private message to bichon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 "Pick Up Sticks""
Or maybe an early merge - Dave and Jenna the "ambassadors" of the merge.

btw, sorry for my ignorance but how do we know that Heidi finishes sixth?

rockluver 198 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-03, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rockluver Click to send private message to rockluver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 "Pick Up Sticks""
If I remember right , one of the camps get's struck by lightning . Maybe Alex get's electrecuted .But if this was the case he would definetly be the next to go if the men lost IC. Jeanne will probably be supposed Jerri of the season so I think she is safe till the jurry . I f their is no switch/early merge then I think shawna may be the next to go since the woman will probably be going to TC .

i Yo quiero rock-music !

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-07-03, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Shawna wants a Coke."
If the swap is optional, the men may not be interested, but several of the women would jump at the chance...Jeanne would be foolish to turn it down, Denna's alliance is already falling, and Shawna wants a coke!

If the women want a swap, the men may have to comply...

Krautboy

ImNext 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-07-03, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ImNext Click to send private message to ImNext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Shawna wants a Coke."
I continue to subscribe to the idea that MB wants to keep his whole Amazon Women vs. the Men going for as long as he can. He's had this idea in heavy rotation, it just seems pointless to me for him to switch back over to what would be basic, generic, overdone, Survivor eps by early merging. Just a thought...

slowr 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-07-03, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slowr Click to send private message to slowr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Shawna wants a Coke."
I agree....I think he's going to milk the battle of the sexes thing for all its worth. MB will generate "tension" between the tribes with Jenna and Dave's "date" but I can't see him bailing on the fundamental men vs. women thing yet. Just an idea.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-07-03, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SEE BS Misdirection, episode 5 "Pick Up Sticks""
An interesting twist that hasn't been done and would really stir things up is a tribal switch in terms of LIVING QUARTERS only. For instance, 3 from Jabaru move to Tambaraqui and vice versa. However they only move to the other tribe. They still compete with original tribe. Could really mix up the tribal alliance stuff....

Per spoilers, Shawna, Alex and Dave seem to be on the hot seat. I can see all of three more as pre-merge boots than post-merge.

Shawna for obvious reasons doesn't seem to be getting better, is getting cut off from her alliance already, so no doubt next boot for Jabaru.

Alex we tell is going to be injured. The men are very cohesive now and will have a hard time picking a bootee. Matthew was the outsider and I think even with his attempt to join back in, if Tambaraqi goes back to TC, he was already outcast, so Alex's injury gives him a reason to get booted.

Dave has shown that he will vote his conscience not with the majority. Going into the merge, this as well is something a tribe wouldn't want around.

Jeanne would be after Shawna on Jabaru, but her editing leads me to believe she may be around a while.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-03, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Remember this?"
From the Knoxville News, way back when:

For one immunity challenge, the men and women asked each other questions.

And that led to flirting.

Men would compliment women on their bikinis, and they would thank them for the compliments.

"I became (game show host) Jim Lange for a moment, and it was 'The Dating Game,' " Probst said. "At the next tribal council, I would ask, 'What do you think of this guy?' The women would say, 'This guy is cute.'The guys would disagree over who the hottest chick was."

When are we going to see this? We haven't seen the men and women together wearing bathing attire at any challenges.

And we saw Jiffy question the men about the women at TC 1. He hasn't mentioned the men at all yet at Jaburu's TC's -- wouldn't they show this when it happens?

Maybe the bikini encounter is the lead-in to Dave and Jenna's date. And...

The tribes remain separate and the women go to TC next.

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-08-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Remember this?"
New press release from CBS

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-08-03, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Remember this?"
I think this was the memory RC. "Do you have any shampoo?" "Do you have a mirror?"

At the same challenge, JP made a point of saying to Jenna, "No bikini today?" as she strutted in front of the group. The men's comments about the others (Heidi, Shawna?) might have been editted out.

Jeffy also wouldn't know how much of the TC discussion would be shown in the final editted episode when he gave the interview. He might have asked the women about their thoughts on the guys but it just didn't make it into the final edit. The agenda in the editting seems to be to make the guys appear unfocused and obsessed with the ladies while they discuss their own beauty and the potential power of their own sexuality. At this point, Jaburu has been presented as the more focused, strategic tribe.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-09-03, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Alex's injury"
dajaki pointed out in her excellent Ep. 4 summary that the Ep. 4 preview showed Alex getting bit by a fish, which didn't happen in last week's episode. This is probably Alex's injury.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-10-03, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Teasers"

I'm not going to discuss the "injury" one b/c I think it is this week's fluff.

There are a lot of threads on these so if someone else posted this theory, sorry, didn't see it but I'm sticking with the teasers b/c they are what I am referring to

Key words in teasers: TEMPTS, OPPORTUNITY, another teaser said MAY

# 1. All the above words strike me as a situation that is given to the Survivors who have a choice in the outcome as opposed to MB saying, here you go, no choice. Example, last season's option to switch as opposed to Africa's twist. The wording fits a CHOICE IMO.

# 2. Last season's "option" was done spur of the moment with 30 seconds to decide without conferring with anyone. No one took Jeffy up on the offer HOWEVER some confessed later they might have or assumed someone else might have. The "disaster" of it, IMO was the fact that it was a throw out unexpected to them and it scared them to make such a drastic change so the audience perception was it bombed.

# 3. We KNOW at some point there has to be a joining of the males and females; it HAS to be done. Separating there was merely a prerequisite. And unlike some of you, I think the split men vs. female is getting old now.

#4. There has been so much OVERKILL of certain members of each tribe DYING to sink their teeth into the other tribe. Heidi/Jenna with their using their bodies and how wonderful they are, Rob with his constant 8 ball asking about hooking up, it's reeking of foreshadowing.

#5. The alliances as we know it in both tribes IMO are so convulated it is ridiculous. Shawna wants out, Jenna/Heidi had to stop her, Jeanne lost her greatest ally, Christy voted with the majority who clearly used her, Deena is alligned with people she could dump when it suits her. Rob is zooming everyone, Dave trusts no one, Matthew only has just begun to define new relationships, etc. While we "see" alliances, IMO they are ALL over the place and could EASILY with the right opportunity be changed

#6. The cast this time IMO would jump at the chance to switch up. Heidi/Jenna can't wait to use their bodies, Rob can't wait to be with the women, Jeanne and Christy are potentially in no man's land, Shawna is just spent. Alex and Dave are intrigued by the women. Only Roger and Butch IMO would seemingly be content to stay as is.

Taking the above into consideration, if say Pick Up Sticks is just a result of the tribes having sticks to pick up or choose from and Jenna and Dave are the "winners" of such and go on a date.... what if they are given the opportunity by Jeff to bring back to their own tribes the CHOICE to swap in some aspect and given TIME as well as CONVERSATION with each other to decide on the TEMPTATION to do it. They each go back with this surprise (Heidi in her confessional mentions about shocking but she isn't like blown out of the water) and this ends up causing certain members to whisper on this etc. Jeanne may overhear one of these conversations and gets PO'd about it etc. And at the next "meeting" Jeffy asks individually their decision.

This "opportunity" would be very "tempting" and the fact they have the time and opportunity to discuss it would give a greater opportunity for those who want to switch up. Now as far as it being "even" how would Jeffy have done it last season if Shii Ann and Steph wanted to switch? He would have to have contigencies for that which he could for this season as well.

If last season's cast had time and opportunity to discuss the "offer" we may have seen a different outcome and the fact that there is SO much crap being thrown at us about the sexes and the hook ups and the using their bodies, etc. I can't fathom that MB is not going to work that angle and soon.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-03, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Teasers"
I agree there's a lot of "iffy" words being thrown around, which usually means the thing in question doesn't happen.

But the surprise could be a given -- they are told they will now all live together in one location. However, if they're not explicitly informed it is not a merge, some people might be tempted by this opportunity to feel out new alliances (a new dynamic), like in S5.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •