The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The bible"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

CHEESSE 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-29-04, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CHEESSE Click to send private message to CHEESSE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The bible"
Some one should throw the book at these morons. I have purchased all the live feeds but no more after this stupid side show. The house has a total IQ of about 12. The same age most of them act. This Big Brother makes Animal House look all most sane.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The bible ReggaeInKy 07-31-04 1
   RE: The bible strid333 08-01-04 2
   RE: The bible kywildcat 08-02-04 3
       RE: The bible Cookiehahnster 08-02-04 4
 RE: The bible boaster 08-02-04 5
   RE: The bible RyrieRae 08-03-04 6
       RE: The bible Cookiehahnster 08-03-04 7
           RE: The bible RealityAddict 08-03-04 8
               RE: The bible Cookiehahnster 08-03-04 9
                   RE: The bible RyrieRae 08-03-04 11
       RE: The bible strid333 08-03-04 10
           RE: The bible RyrieRae 08-03-04 12
               RE: The bible strid333 08-03-04 13
           RE: The bible Cookiehahnster 08-03-04 14
 RE: The bible Drive My Car 08-03-04 15
   RE: The bible reversehalo 08-04-04 16
 RE: The bible Loree 08-04-04 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ReggaeInKy 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-31-04, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ReggaeInKy Click to send private message to ReggaeInKy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The bible"
I purchased the live feed for the last Big Brother. The people were a lot more interesting (Jun, Jee, etc) than this group. You're right, this reminds me of a high school sleepover or something LOL, which I last did in, um, 1971! LOL. (Oops, giving my old age of 47 away! But I have no age hang-ups.....YET!)

The subject is "bible" but I saw nothing mentioned in the post about it. Here's my two cents on that. Holly said something about Adria and the bible and I can't remember exactly what Holly said, but I remember thinking to myself (I'm Catholic) - I wouldn't like if someone quoted the bible to me a lot. I feel that is pushing your religion on me. That's very personal and private to me. I have a special relationship with my God and I keep it to myself. I feel it makes some others uncomfortable when you talk about it, as if only your religion is the only one in the whole world. To each his own. I love a person for who they are inside and how they treat other people. I like Adria, though. A lot. Just not when she is bible-thumping. IMHO.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-01-04, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The bible"
I pretty much agree with what you said. I like what Marcellas said on his show House Calls, too. He has said that if he goes on ASBB (which he also said isn't going to happen), that he would nominate the first person to whip out the Bible and the first one to whip out the frying pan. He said he is religious (Christian, in fact) but believes that reality TV games shouldn't mix with religion.

Three is the perfect number.

kywildcat 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-02-04, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kywildcat Click to send private message to kywildcat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The bible"
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-04 AT 10:34 AM (EST)

My husband and I had an argument the other evening over the Christians in the BB house. I am a Christian and during every show, I'm saying, "I would love to go on that show!" My husband, non-Christian, says it wouldn't be right for a Christian to go on the show, because there's so much lying and back-stabbing going on. I say that it's a game. That every single person who enters that house knows it's a game, and part of the plan is to be the best liar you can be to go as far as you can go and possibly win the game. Maybe my husband's right though. Even in a game, a Christian shouldn't lie, I suppose. Even if it's a crucial part of the game. Especially if others are going to look at you as being a bad example.
Afterthougt in response--religion is a personal thing, but in my belief, it's our job to tell others about Christ.

Cookiehahnster 222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-02-04, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cookiehahnster Click to send private message to Cookiehahnster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The bible"
I was thinking the same thing. What an opportunity to share the gospel. Jason from BB3? did just fine.

boaster 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-02-04, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail boaster Click to send private message to boaster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The bible"
As much as it pains me to say it, I have to agree with Holly that Adria using the bible to justify staying in the house and getting $500K was just plain inappropriate. I admit that I have an anti-religion bias because I've seen the damage religion can do, but quoting the bible for your own personal financial gain seems wrong even to me.

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-03-04, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The bible"
I am a Christian and would like to add something to this discussion. As a Christian, I believe my religion is the only true one and the only way to heaven. Please don't call me arrogant or a biggot. I think if anyone has a belief about ANYTHING, this is how they should feel... 100% sure with no room for fault. Otherwise, what your belief is, isn't that solid.

As a Christian, I can relate to the behavior of others on screen. I think they are often misread as "Bible Thumpers" just because they quote scripture. This USUALLY is not the intent. We believe the Bible is 100% true and is an excellent guide for living and making right decisions. When a Christian quotes scripture, it is because they truly believe what it says, not to make others feel less holy.

I realize that not everyone believes as I do, but my faith makes up who I am, as I believe it does for these people on TV, and am unapologetic about my faith. If you have a different belief, PLEASE feel welcome to voice it, even if others disagree with you, because our beliefs should be what makes us who we are and we should not hide it.

Furthermore... You may not agree with my religion, but please don't be critical of my wanting to be vocal. There are a lot of bad things in this world, and even if you disagree with me 100%, my purpose in living the way I do and believe the things I believe is to bring a little good into the world. At least respect me for that.

08-03-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cookiehahnster Click to send private message to Cookiehahnster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The bible"
Amen! I would change only one thing about your post. Your "religion" isn't the only way to heaven, because religion will get you no where, HOWEVER, complete surrender to Christ Jesus IS the only way. You don't have a "religion", you have a relationship with the one and only Living, risen God. Right? Sorry if I put words in your mouth. But as your sister in Christ, I think I know what you are saying : )

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-03-04, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The bible"
RR and Cookie, I couldn't agree with you 2 more! I am a Christian, too and I think Adria's use of the Bible was probably altered by the producers. I think they want the viewer to believe that she was quoting verses to show that she was justified to stay in the house...and I think she was probably seeking comfort in God's word during the grueling competition in the house. If you are truly a Christian then you would not be able to separate that from the game of BB. It's what makes you who you are and that overflows into every aspect of your life...no matter if you are on a tv show or not.

The object of the game is not to lie to stay in the house, but to stay in the house period! You don't have to lie to do that. Adria may not end up winning the game (just as Jason didn't, but he made an impact on viewers), but she certainly has stuck strong to her faith. I think she appears to be a strong Christian and I would LOVE to see anyone who sticks to their values win a game like BB!

08-03-04, 03:27 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The bible"
People forget that Christians are real people too. We're not perfect. We can't be. Thus the need for a savior. My love for Christ can't be compartmentalized. Anyhoo...I love this game!

I would have a hard time lieing in the game. I would be eaten up with guilt. Plus, it can only come back to haunt you with the jury. Yes, liars have won past games. But I think it was a matter of choosing between two liars. I know I would stink at this game. I'm too emotional and get my feelings hurt way too easily for it. I even get worked up over seeing others get burned. Now I'm rambling : )

08-03-04, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The bible"
Cookie... you're exactly right about Christ being the only way to heaven. I was just trying not to sound too "preachy" by using words people are more comfotable with. It's good to know there are others out there who believe the truth!

08-03-04, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The bible"
>We believe the Bible is
>100% true and is an
>excellent guide for living and
>making right decisions.

I'm Christian too, but I don't believe the Bible to be 100% true. I choose to think of it more as a series of metaphors (and, in a sense, myths - the way Greeks have their myths about the Gods) because it was a series of oral stories that was finally written down. Plus, with the series of translations, stuff is lost and the meanings can change over time too. For example, I read somewhere that the word "virgin" could've meant young woman (or girl) at the time of the Bible unlike today's meaning.

I don't like the idea that God is out to let one person (or in the case of The Amazing Race the Brandon/Nicole team) win a reality TV show just because they are so vocal about being Christian. What happens when more than one person is very vocal is in the game? Somebody is going to lose - while making some people in the game feel uncomfortable.

08-03-04, 04:41 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The bible"
Strid, thanks for the insight. I guess the beauty of this debate, and the lesson learned from this thread, is that we all have our own set of beliefs, and we should try to avoid being critical of each other just because we disagree.

08-03-04, 04:46 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The bible"
I like civilized debate and people being respectful. It's the people that kill in the name of religion that makes me sad. (And that can be the Holy Wars of the middle ages to the fighting in Israel today.)

08-03-04, 06:03 PM (EST)
14. "RE: The bible"
The logical question becomes then: If all of the bible isn't true, how do you know WHICH parts are and which parts aren't. It boils down to a mere human picking and choosing the parts they like. Which then strips the scripture of any diety and holiness whatsoever. I believe that claiming christianity AND that the bible isn't 100% true is a complete oxymoron. But that's between you and God. I don't believe that you and I are brothers/sisters in Christ. That's a deal breaker for me.

Anyhoo...

If you want to talk anymore about anything, any of you, contact me at my regular e-mail address (cookiehahnster@charter.net). I'm going to ax this thread from my list. I'll gladly talk about the bible and christianity, but I'm saving my energy here for the actual BB threads : )

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-03-04, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The bible"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-04 AT 06:25 PM (EST)

I think my problem with the whole discussion of how Adria "used" the bible, is that I don't think she did. I know not everyone reads the Live Feeds, but just because Holly ( and Jase and Cowboy) told Drew that Adria was using her religion and the scripture to keep herself in the house, doesn't make it so.

Adria shared a bible verse with Drew, they had been previously reading the bible together. She shared a verse with him that she thought would help bring him comfort. They already had that communication between them. From how I understood it, she never used that in a context to remain in the house, or to sway Drew's decision about her.

Just because Holly kept telling everyone that Adria was "evil" ( Holly's words) for using the bible, doesn't mean Adria did that.

Religion is a very personnal subject, but I wouldn't expect someone to change who they are just because they are on a TV show.

( edit- clarify a word)

reversehalo 300 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-04-04, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail reversehalo Click to send private message to reversehalo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The bible"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-04 AT 11:00 AM (EST)

Thank you for clarifing that. I saw Adria talking to Drew about the Bible but nothing else. It's not as though she is forcing her own personal beliefs on anyone, which is a delicate subject.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-04-04, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The bible"
Last night on the feeds it was obvious that Jase actually knows the bible better than Adria does. It was interesting.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •