The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Meredith on GMA"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-30-03, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Meredith on GMA"
Did anyone else hear Meredith on GMA this morning? I think she did a great job! She has kept her dignity intact throughout this entire season. In the interview with Diane Sawyer, Meredith said she did have feelings for Bob...that her downfall was probably that she tried to approach this as a normal dating situation instead of being more aggressive...she thinks the other girls are sincere etc. I think she was true to herself -- if she is not aggressive then she shouldn't have forced herself. I think her Grandma's death was too much for Bob to handle and I can see that it did put Bob and Meredith in a somewhat strained situation. BUT, all things happen for the best and I think Meredith will DEFINITELY be fine without Bob.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Meredith on GMA leannerenee 10-30-03 1
 RE: Meredith on GMA moxiegirl 10-30-03 2
   RE: Meredith on GMA Poncho 10-30-03 3
   RE: Meredith on GMA dajaki 10-31-03 9
 RE: Meredith on GMA LeftPinky 10-30-03 4
   RE: Meredith on GMA escapedude 10-30-03 5
       RE: Meredith on GMA chicachica 10-30-03 6
           RE: Meredith on GMA jkokoj 10-31-03 7
               RE: Meredith on GMA ILuvBob 10-31-03 8
               RE: Meredith on GMA realcj58 10-31-03 12
                   RE: Meredith on GMA Hohoitsxmas 10-31-03 13
                   RE: Meredith on GMA willalwaysremain 11-01-03 14
 RE: Meredith on GMA steppingrazor42 10-31-03 10
   RE: Meredith on GMA Pamselfish 10-31-03 11
   RE: Meredith on GMA mspigpen 11-01-03 16
       RE: Meredith on GMA Guppin1234 11-01-03 17
 RE: Meredith on GMA Guppin1234 11-01-03 15
   RE: Meredith on GMA motorkitty 11-03-03 18
       Weepy and hysterical... Guppin1234 11-03-03 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

leannerenee 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-30-03, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leannerenee Click to send private message to leannerenee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
I didn't see the interview, but I agree about the death of her Nana putting a starin on the situation w/ Bob. I am disappointed that she wasn't chosen for the final 3. She said it best last nite when she said, "I know for a fact that what Bob is looking for isn't in theat house. He out her in a lomo and let her drive away."

moxiegirl 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-30-03, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moxiegirl Click to send private message to moxiegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
I saw the show as well and all I can say is that I am beginning to agree with what Meredith said in the Limo.....The girl he should have picked was her and he let her drive away. Maybe it did get deep with the death of her grandmother. This should have actually been good for a real guy to see. Meredith can be a lady even under pressure. It is so easy be fun when the going is good, but Meredith showed "grace under fire".
Maybe we will see more of her if the station is smart and picks her as the next "Bachelorette". Whatever happens, Meredith will come out winning. As for Estella...her diet obviously consists of two things, "Whine" & "Wine".

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-30-03, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
>As for Estella...her
>diet obviously consists of two
>things, "Whine" & "Wine".

I totally agree moxiegirl!! hahahaha

Poncho

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-31-03, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
You said all that needs to be said.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-30-03, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
He did put the best girl in the limo, but she's too good for him and she'll be fine!

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-30-03, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
I agree,Meredith was too good for him and too mature in my opinion..He is all about having a good time...I also think the timing of grannies death wasnt the best either..Since when is death convenient..??

chicachica 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-30-03, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chicachica Click to send private message to chicachica Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
Why would a truly sincere or good person miss a grandmother's funeral so she could perhaps continue to catch a man on a reality show or maybe promote her career? I wonder what Meredith's true color is. Why would a mature person treat a guest she barely knew as a punching bag? I think some little girls treat people like that. Perhaps Bob does not want to be a Daddy to a future wife.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-31-03, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
OH please Chica Meredith spoke with her mother on the phone and her mom convinced her she should stay. You could tell Meredith felt guilty and talked at length with Kelly Jo about the situation.

As for her being a little girl, I think she showed a great deal of maturity. I would be hard pressed to be as mature as Meredith when faced with the likes of Lee Jerk!

ILuvBob 13 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ILuvBob Click to send private message to ILuvBob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
<JKOKOJ> I agree with you Meredith was a perfect lady, and more mature than most!

realcj58 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realcj58 Click to send private message to realcj58 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
I totally agree with you. Chica, obviously, doesnt know what she is talking about. I loved Meredith and cool composure. She was mature and sweet. I think Bob and she may have had a chance if it wasn't for the unfortunate death of her grandma. I think she just wasn't meant to be with Bob. I think he's a nice enough guy, but can't understand why he didn't get rid of the whining, self centered Lee Ann sooner. Or why he is hanging on to Estelle. I do like Kelli Jo. I truly hope ABC seriously considers Meredith for the next Bachelorette. I like her even more than I did Trista.

Hohoitsxmas 10 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hohoitsxmas Click to send private message to Hohoitsxmas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
Chica, do you think some people know what they are talking about better than you do? They seem to know or read a person that well or they probably are better pyschologists that you are. May I ask you a question. Chica, who among the girls have high EQ? What do you think of Bob? Somebody posted that he finished high school valedicatorian. I will assume Bob has high IQ. What do you think about his EQ? How about Meridith's EQ and IQ? Do you think that one needs to further observe and examine a subject to determine his/her IQ and EQ? Thank you, Chica. I think I understand what you are talking about.

willalwaysremain 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-03, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail willalwaysremain Click to send private message to willalwaysremain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
LAST EDITED ON 11-01-03 AT 02:29 PM (EST)

Oh,yeah! Chica knows what she is talking about. Maturity and sincerity are subjective assuming all one does is view the person for a short period of time on tv. Just like the others, she probably did not make his/her opinions based on research and experimental findings. What she said was hypothetical, subject to scientific verification.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-31-03, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
Meredith and Bob are both great people but not suited for eachother. I know the death in her family put a damper on things for her but come on the girl was NO fun at all, definitely not Bob's type. She's beautiful and super smart but seriously lacking in verve. Bob just didn't seem truthfully like her type either.

Pamselfish 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-31-03, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pamselfish Click to send private message to Pamselfish Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
In a way, Meredith reminded me of Jen who won The Bachelor 3 last season. She was pretty, but quiet and sincere. Her nearest competitors, Kirsten and Tina Fabulous had more verve, but Firestone himself seemed kind of quiet and preferred Jen.
In this case Bob is more outgoing, and seems to be looking for a more outgoing companion. Meredith probably could have won over many bachelors - but not gregarious Bob.

mspigpen 5 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-03, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mspigpen Click to send private message to mspigpen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
>Meredith and Bob are both great
>people but not suited for
>eachother. I know the death
>in her family put a
>damper on things for her
>but come on the girl
>was NO fun at all,
>definitely not Bob's type. She's
>beautiful and super smart but
>seriously lacking in verve. Bob
>just didn't seem truthfully like
>her type either.

On GMA Meredith told Diana Sawyer that they didn't show a lot of the funny scenes between her and Bob. Unless they thought the spitting pool water was funny.

I think ABC wanted to shove the grieving down everyone's throat and take the wind out of Meredith's sail, since they knew so many of us liked her from the beginning.

During the San Fran date Kelly said she saw how much Meredith and Bob got along or that dreaded word "connected".

She is better off!

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-03, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
"On GMA Meredith told Diana Sawyer that they didn't show a lot of the funny scenes between her and Bob. Unless they thought the spitting pool water was funny."

Well, there's no one around during filming to influence Bob's decision (hopefully), so then when it comes time to go to the editing room, they may decide that it's in everyone's best interest to promote the one that Bob chose in a different light (not false, just different) so as not to create too much hysteria when Bob follows his heart rather than popular opinion.

Then when it comes time to actually air the episodes, and all is said and done, people would be inclined to wish them well rather than... "Hey Bob, you really screwed up, you could have had _________." Which throws a wet blanket on everyone in the process.

Please don't edit me!
Please don't edit me!

11-01-03, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
As Meredith was on her way out, she left the door open for Bob in case it doesn't work out. That was so refreshing, and I think it's the first time I've seen it happen on one of these shows.

I've become quite disenchanted with Bob since watching the most recent episode last night, so, yes. Meredith will do just fine without Bob.

motorkitty 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-03-03, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motorkitty Click to send private message to motorkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Meredith on GMA"
Agreed Agreed Agreed. Meredith can do so much better than Bob---I guess I am one of the few people who just doesn't get what all the fuss is about. Sure he's a "nice" guy, but he is very average in all aspects, and I see guys like this every day. And these girls are all just swooning all over him like he was the hottest thing in the world, and getting all weepy and hysterical when they don't get picked.

11-03-03, 03:00 PM (EST)
19. "Weepy and hysterical..."
It's the ABCs of hype. I'm sure most of these girls will feel quite foolish when all is said in done when they find their self respect again.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •