The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"VCR Alert!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-06-03, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"VCR Alert!"
Sorry, Webby if this doesn't belong here. But I just heard on Fox News that President Bush will be holding a news conference at 8pm Eastern tonight, March 6th. Fox News will be carrying it live. Now, whether or not SeeBS will be carrying it, I don't know, but I wanted to alert everyone, especially those who have to tape the episode because they will be away.

So set your VCR to allow for plenty of time for Survivor afterwards!

-missed the 2nd half of Survivor Africa's premiere because of a Bush press conference

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: VCR Alert! dabo 03-06-03 1
   RE: VCR Alert! bebekid 03-06-03 2
 RE: VCR Alert! Q 03-06-03 3
 RE: VCR Alert! SurvivinDawg 03-06-03 4
 RE: VCR Alert! smrtNsassybnkr 03-06-03 5
   RE: VCR Alert! Brownroach 03-06-03 8
 RE: VCR Alert! Boilermaker 03-06-03 6
   Agree (Sort Of) dabo 03-06-03 7
       RE: Agree (Sort Of) TeamJoisey 03-06-03 9
           RE: Agree (Sort Of) bebekid 03-06-03 10
               RE: Agree (Sort Of) hrc2u 03-06-03 11
 Irony big idiot 03-06-03 12
 Down with the US! shakes the clown 03-06-03 13
   RE: Down with ... LeftPinky 03-06-03 14
   RE: Down with the US! Femme 03-06-03 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-06-03, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: VCR Alert!"
Well, the last time he tried a Thursday night address to the nation the networks didn't broadcast it. But thanks for the alert, we should keep this open until we know what CBS decides.

SMILES ARE FREE

03-06-03, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: VCR Alert!"
CBSNews.com says:

As decision time nears on war with Iraq, President Bush will give a rare formal press conference at 8 p.m. ET Thursday.

They don't give an affirmative as to whether or not they will carry it, but I would assume so. Here's the link to CBS News:

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/home/main100.shtml

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-06-03, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: VCR Alert!"
This is a nightmare! Please let us know what will happen. I mean sure the President is important, but Survivor is Super Important.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-03, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: VCR Alert!"
This is why I automatically put in two hours on my VCR... just to make sure that "breaking news" or something like this doesn't cause me to miss some Survivor taping...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-06-03, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: VCR Alert!"
8pm Eastern in only 5pm Pacific time. I guess there is one good thing about living on the West Coast! I hope Bush doesn't talk for more than 3 hours!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-03, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: VCR Alert!"
>>I hope Bush doesn't talk for more than 3 hours!<<

He doesn't know enough words to fill up 5 minutes. He'd be better off sending a subliminable message.

Okay, no more Dubya bashing from me. Not here anyway.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-06-03, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: VCR Alert!"
Presidential press conferences are so a thing of the past when people only had three TV stations. We have CNN and Fox News and the Internet. If people were really interested in watching the president talk, they could turn those stations on. If Bush was going to tell us we just started bombing Iraq, maybe that is worthy of interrupting Good TV, but to just say for the 80th time that Iraq doesn't have much time left... Same old story - new day.

Thanks for the VCR alert.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-03, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Agree (Sort Of)"
President Bush isn't going to announce that we're going to war. We already know that we're going to war. It would be an announcement if he were calling off the war, though I don't actually expect that either. Tonight's address is (my guess) about rallying support for the war and trying to get other countries lined up behind it.

Someone on his staff should figure out that the President doesn't need to delay prime time sweeps period Thursday night programming in order to get a huge viewship, he is the President after all.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-06-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Agree (Sort Of)"

I disagree.
It's quite possible that Bush will announce that the war has started.
If you recall, that was what his father did. And the timing is right, with the moon phases and the time difference.

Live, from Baghdad, it's the real Survivor!

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

03-06-03, 03:12 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Agree (Sort Of)"
>Live, from Baghdad, it's the real
>Survivor!

LOL! Quick, someone, call MB!

Survivor: The Sandbox

hrc2u 146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-06-03, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hrc2u Click to send private message to hrc2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Agree (Sort Of)"
Question Webby,

If survivor isn't broadcasted on the EastCoast, will the EasTCoast Spoiler thread be renamed?

hrc2u

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-06-03, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Irony"
So survivor is delayed because several countries have an alliance and want to boot out the person they don't like?

Pox on those that say Survivor is so "unrealistic".

Cheers, BI

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-06-03, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Down with the US!"
Yet another reason to join me in cheering for the underdog country of Iraq in this ridiculously lopsided battle. Even Roy Jones Jr. wouldn't fight an opponent this overmatched.

I'm about ready to denounce my US citizenship...first, that idiot Bush interrupts Survivor for no damn reason, then, if we do go to bomb (i refuse to call it a war since a war requires two opponents instead of one participant and a lot of moving and non moving targets) then it looks like the NCAA tournament is going to be pre-empted.

I don't ask for much from my country...I pay my taxes, I rarely complain. All I ask in return is that you stay the hell away from my prime time tv viewing schedule!

I friggen hate you George Bush and I hope the first scud missile makes a bee line for your White House bedroom! (this last statement is based on two far reaching assumptions...one, that Bush is literate and can even read this message, and two, that he lurks here at SB.com)

GO IRAQ, KICK SOME AMERICAN ASS!!

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-06-03, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Down with ..."
Shakes, you'd be the first to flame this one... take it to bashers!

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-06-03, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Down with the US!"
You know.. in Iraq, they wouldn't even let you watch the NCAA tournament. Just something to think about.

Thanks bebe.

Femme
"I shall no longer play the field; the field stinks, both economically and socially."

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •