The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Daniel's CBS chat revisited"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-05-03, 05:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Daniel's CBS chat revisited"
I posted this elsewhere, but this seems to be the most responsive and engaging board.

I think there are lots of things we can take from Daniel's chat:

Q: Now that you watched some show, do you still think Shawna is the cutest and are you still interested in her?
A: Shawna's definitely cute, but since I'm back in the U.S. now, there are plenty of other cute girls in Texas, so I'm not going to hold my breath for Shawna. But hey, anything can happen.

Is Daniel jealous after Shawna goes after Alex at Loser Lodge???

Q: Dan, as an observer, who has become your favorite player?
A: Well, my best friend out there Matthew, who I definitely want to see do well ... but at the same time, Rob seems to be very mischievous, so it'll be interesting to see if his antics and his playing both sides of the fence will ever get him in trouble.

Seems like he didn't see neither Matthew nor Rob at Loser Lodge.

Q: How would you describe each of your teammates in one word?
A: Ryan - confident, Rob - deceptive, Roger - bossy, Matthew - survivalist, Butch - grandfatherly, Dave - know-it-all, Alex - untrustworthy.

I say "deceptive" is MUCH better than "untrustworthy"
Again, "survivalist" seems to hint Matthew makes it on the jury.

ROGER SAFE TILL MERGE
Seems to me that he never had time at Loser Lodge to clear things up with Roger. Lots of "perhaps" "maybe" and "i guess"

I definitely don't think he would have made the "maybe Roger is gay?" comment if he had seen Roger at Loser Lodge. I think this eliminates Roger from a possible pre-jury boot. Since we have lots of evidence that Matthew sticks around, too, all eyes point to Alex or Dave as pre-jury male boots.

NOTE bolded statements in both questions.

Q: According to Ryan, Roger called him a punk the first night. Did Roger say anything to you like that?
A: Roger never said anything like that to me. It looked like from last night's show that he really wanted to, but I guess he never had the guts to. because the first night, he definitely called Ryan basically a punk. Since I was friends with Ryan, he naturally did not like me either. But, if it came down to it, I wouldn't mind if he came up, tried to slap me around as he said he wanted to, because I wouldn't back down from him. And if he wanted to wrestle to the ground, I would him pinned him down one, two, three. *laughs*

Q: Hey Daniel. Was there any conflict between you and Roger that was not shown? Seems there is more to this story than we saw. Or is Roger really just that stubborn?
A: Roger actually really doesn't like many people, and the funny thing is Roger chose to sleep next to me in the shelter. During our blindfold challenge in episode 2, he grabbed my hand to be my partner for that challenge, so maybe subconsciously, Roger really liked me and after protesting a little bit too much about his dislike for gay people, perhaps Roger is a little bit uncertain about his own sexuality. *laughs*

COMBINE THIS WITH HIS EARLY SHOW QUOTE
When Daniel was asked why he thinks he was voted out instead of Roger, he said that in the long run he might have been seen as a threat, since he is stronger more athletic than Roger. "And if there is a merge, the girls won't stand for Roger."

Roger definitely makes the merge.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Daniel's CBS chat revisited s_man 03-05-03 1
 RE: Daniel's CBS chat revisited Rain Crow 03-05-03 2
   RE: Daniel's CBS chat revisited jennk 03-06-03 4
       RE: Daniel's CBS chat revisited ShowMeTheWinner 03-06-03 5
           RE: Daniel's CBS chat revisited Loree 03-06-03 6
 RE: Daniel's CBS chat revisited Brownroach 03-05-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-05-03, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Daniel's CBS chat revisited"
Good observations, Marco. I didn't get to see Daniel's chat, so these are new to me. Thanks.

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-05-03, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Daniel's CBS chat revisited"
Welcome to SB, Marco! You will find that this is the most active spoiling community, as well as the most astute and discerning *pats self on back* bunch of spoilers out there. I truly get more spoiling info here than any where else. Hope you keep coming back and contributing.

Good comments and observations on Dan's chat. I have been leaning toward Matthew being on a short fuse for being booted next...particularly so since Daniel painted a target on him at the last IC. I will now have to keep an eye on spoiler information that may negate this idea. Good observation on Roger...I have had him pegged for the merge also and this seems to confirm my thoughts.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

jennk 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-06-03, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jennk Click to send private message to jennk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Daniel's CBS chat revisited"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-03 AT 01:10 PM (EST)

>I have been
>leaning toward Matthew being on
>a short fuse for being
>booted next...particularly so since Daniel
>painted a target on him
>at the last IC.

I can't find the source now, but I'm very confident that Daniel said in an interview that he and Matt would talk in front of the rest of the tribe in mandarine so this was not news.

It stuck out because I remember thinking that it didn't look that way on the show and I thought it was strange because Matt did respond to it.

I'll continue to look for that source though.

EDIT - I found the quote on http://www.survivorfever.net/chat-daniel.html

Here it is:

Q: Hey Dan, do you think you may have revealed too much information about your relationship with Matthew at TC, so to set him up as the next target?
A: It was no secret that me and Matthew were friends and also since we did speak Chinese in front of everybody, everybody knew that Matthew and I had an alliance together. Actually, it was no secret that Ryan, Matthew, and I had an alliance to try and get Roger out.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-06-03, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Daniel's CBS chat revisited"
Yeah... the first time I watched the show, I thought Matthew looked really angry at the TC when Dan mentioned that he was his best friend. I watched the show the second time after I read Daniel's webchat and for some reason Matt didn't seem as angry as the first time I watched the show. I suppose he just has that "angry/sulky" look which may explain why he ranks so low on most popularity lists.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-06-03, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Daniel's CBS chat revisited"
I was thinking the same thing the second time I watched it. Matthew looks more thoughtful than angry. I also noticed how many times Dave comments on realizing this is a game and some of them are really playing.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-05-03, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Daniel's CBS chat revisited"
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-03 AT 04:35 PM (EST)

Good ideas, Marko. I think Daniel's comment strongly suggests Roger makes the merge as well.

However, Roger could make the merge and still go to Loser's Lodge if the merge is in Ep 7 or earlier. I don't think Roger and Daniel would have any interest in talking to each other if they were both at LL Daniel has his buddy Ryan to hang out with, and apparently Janet was fond of him too. And then there's this:

Roger actually really doesn't like many people.

That could have become especially apparent to Daniel from seeing how Roger behaved outside the game, at LL.

***edited because I wrote Loser's Lounge, instead of Lodge. Same difference, I guess.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •