The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep4 "To The Limit" commercial vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-03-03, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep4 "To The Limit" commercial vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-03 AT 11:54 PM (EST)

OK, I finally caught the Ep4 commercial that's been airing and got the digital vidcaps IceCat's been looking for:

Two key zooms (I might be able to get better on these if we need it) The thing in the middle is clearly a pile of sticks and we can see a woman sitting out the challenge. Looks like Heidi to me (makes sense given that we already see Shawna sitting out the fishing challenge and you can't sit out back-to-back challenges.) You can also see what almost appears to be Joanna leading Shawna by the hand. One concern... I only count 5 women out on the challenge florr. Other notes include the at least 4 story platforms in between which Heidi is sitting -- are those part of the challenge -- they seem to tie into the rope hanging from the poles.

- 3a
- 4a

- B
- D

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The top of the woodpile... IceCat 03-04-03 1
   RE: The top of the woodpile... lizziegirl 03-04-03 2
       Definitely Jenna... IceCat 03-04-03 3
       RE: The top of the woodpile... SurvivorBlows 03-04-03 4
           RE: The top of the woodpile... lizziegirl 03-04-03 5
 Fire building sequence Swami 03-04-03 6
   RE: Fire building sequence iheartmagilla 03-04-03 7
       RE: Fire building sequence FSUGUY 03-04-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-03, 03:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The top of the woodpile..."
I think that there are five women running near the poles and that there is a sixth woman (red) and JP (blue) behind the pile of sticks. Counting the shadows (white arrows) on the ground is easier than counting the actual people.

Webby, Any chance of getting a series of close-ups in the area of the pile of sticks. Maybe we can string them together into a short animated gif to look at how many people are actually standing there.

lizziegirl 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-04-03, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lizziegirl Click to send private message to lizziegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The top of the woodpile..."
I think it could be Jenna sitting out. That woman is wearing a red/pink shirt, and Jenna is the only female with that color shirt. I think Heidi is one of the women running, the one in the foreground with the long sleeve blue shirt on (clothing match) I think Joanna and Shawna are clearly in the back where previously stated. So missing are Deena, Jeanne and Christy. There are two other women running, but you can't really make out clothing.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-03, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Definitely Jenna..."
See this post on another thread:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3602.shtml#7

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-03, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The top of the woodpile..."
Yep, I stand corrected, it's clearly Jenna sitting out... so if Shawna is sick, does it make sense that she's not the one sitting out because she already sat out the last challenge and therefore has to partipate in this challenge... or that she hasn't gotten that sick yet and therefore there's no need to sit her out yet? ...I guess I'm trying to figure out if there's any "which challenge is immunity" logic that we can infer from this behavior.

lizziegirl 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-04-03, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lizziegirl Click to send private message to lizziegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The top of the woodpile..."
I am with you SB. As far as the clips in which Shawna is sitting out, it doesn't look like she is in horrible shape (IE: fainting, etc). Maybe she was just sat out as a coincidence or because she was tired - not full blown sick. Then she got really sick between RC (piranhas) and IC (Fire) and still had to compete in fire. By the looks of Joanna pulling her along and Shawna being behind the pack, that could be a possiblity. I just feel that the piranha are the reward in the RC and the men win both challenges this week.

We are basically basing the pirahana as the IC because she says she can't make it 30 more days, and then sitting out the piranha - also clothes evidence. But the clothes evidence only really matters right before the RC and right before the IC.

I think that the clips of her being sick could also be after IC (the others have changed clothes to go to TC - that's why the different clothes from the fire challenge) and Shawna is very sick. She says "30" more days as a general statement even though it is more like 28 or 29.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-03, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Fire building sequence"
I sure wish I could figure out what is going on in the fire-building challenge. First of all, there are ropes suspended all over the place, in the background...

and the foreground...

The men and women both seem to have 4 sets of poles (with one tall & one short pole) with ropes stretched between them. These look like the poles and rope we later see in close-ups of burning through the rope, I assume they are the same...

Also, in the above pic you can see that the pile of poles or "sticks" in the center is a pile of very large sticks--compared to the people I would estimate them to be 5 to 6 feet tall and about as big around as a human arm. They don't look like fire-building sticks--too big, too long.

There appears to be fire building type brush and sticks in the background, but the survivors run away from it (check behind the men in this cap...

Where are they running?

Do they divide up into small teams and start multiple fires to burn through all four ropes on their side? For the men this would mean 2 teams of 2 and 2 of 1 individual. For the women, 2, 2, 2 and 1. In pics #1 and #2 the men are clearly looking at different goals and seem to diverge as they run. When do they pick up the brush & sticks they would need for a burn?

(check out Dave-looking & running off at an angle compared to Butch & Matt)

So what are the big teepeed poles for? If they are for a celebratory bonfire, that would be a very big bonfire. I don't see MB doing such a big fire--too uncontrolled.

This appears to be a very complicated fire building challenge. Wish I could figure out a sequence for it.

Swami

iheartmagilla 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-04-03, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iheartmagilla Click to send private message to iheartmagilla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Fire building sequence"
Perhaps each team breaks off into "subunits" to start bulding the fire at the set of poles closest to the camera, then it ignites and goes to the next set, to the next, to the next, etc. - all the way to the center pile of sticks. The first tribe to have their fire light the middle pile wins. They could start off with the kindling-like material that we see behind the men, and one of the "subunits" (Dave? - it looks as though he's headed in that direction) collects the kindling to start the fire. There is another "subunit" for each tribe at each pair of poles, which somehow keeps the fire going all the way to the middle.

Just my thoughts from viewing the vidcaps.

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-04-03, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Fire building sequence"
it looks like the fire is built to burn the string which then releases something....similar to africa.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •