The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-13-05, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
The guy is actually improving and impressing the hell outta me!

Nobody can match Freddie Mercury, but Constantine comes pretty
damn close. His performance blew me away, but to hear Simon
say it: "Astonishing" -- doesn't quite describe it.

I still won't vote for him, on the principle that he's Guarining
to the camera. But I'm not-so-secretly gaining a little
respect for him.

Vonzell was my top female performer of the night.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... Wingbob 04-13-05 1
   RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... Ricky 04-13-05 2
       RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... Reeflex7 04-13-05 15
 RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... nailbone 04-13-05 3
   RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... angelworth29 04-13-05 9
       RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... Reeflex7 04-13-05 13
   Velveeta Loquatrix 04-13-05 12
   RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... aquariaqueen 04-13-05 16
       Astonishing weltek 04-13-05 23
   RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... Tahj 04-13-05 25
   RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... BriarRosie 04-13-05 26
 RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... dragonflies 04-13-05 4
   RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... Maroonclown 04-13-05 5
       RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... angelworth29 04-13-05 8
           RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... Maroonclown 04-13-05 10
               RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... angelworth29 04-13-05 11
 RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... singer 04-13-05 6
   RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... wgordono1o 04-13-05 14
       RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... BriarRosie 04-13-05 27
           RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... Hoobie 04-13-05 32
 RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... angelworth29 04-13-05 7
   RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... angelworth29 04-13-05 17
       RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... frisky 04-13-05 18
           RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... ginger 04-13-05 19
               RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... angelworth29 04-13-05 20
                   RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... ginger 04-13-05 24
               RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... BriarRosie 04-13-05 29
 RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... frisky 04-13-05 21
 Agree weltek 04-13-05 22
   I've always liked him... niteowl 04-13-05 28
       RE: I've always liked him... ginger 04-13-05 30
           RE: I've always liked him... BriarRosie 04-13-05 31
   RE: Agree eastgirl80 04-15-05 37
 RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... shoegal 04-13-05 33
   RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... sapphirechick 04-13-05 34
 RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... nicola 04-14-05 35
 RE: Dammit, I really want to dislik... shanana banana 04-15-05 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Wingbob 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-13-05, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wingbob Click to send private message to Wingbob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
I'm with you. He's is probably the most improved contestant over the last 4 or 5 weeks (along with Vonzell). He's really on a roll as far as picking the right songs.

Too many of the others are kind of coasting (Bo comes to mind). I see him (Constantine) lasting several more weeks, if not winning, which would be quite a change-of-pace from past winners.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-13-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
Yes, he actually can sing. And chooses different types of songs too which is impressive.

I would say Vonzell is the most improved over the last 4-5 weeks though. I'm even more surprised every time she has a good night (but I shouldn't be at this point).

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-13-05, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
Yep, as the differences between the contestants becomes narrower, Contantine and Vonzell are hitting their stride at the right time. I think Bo & Nadia had better pick it up a notch, right now they are getting outperformed. Bo in particular really disappointed me last night.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-05, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
Ah, but "astonishing" has many different connotations.

So Constantine...massive charisma or huge hunk of Velveeta?

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-13-05, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
I vote for huge hunk of Velveeta. But I must say I'm totally biased.

I don't know why I hate him so much, I just do.

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
Another vote here for the Velveeta.

I have not been impressed with him at all until the last two weeks. Two very, very good performances. I must confess, I didn't know he had this in him. Especially since he was so awful the first three weeks.

But I don't understand those that call him charismatic. That leer of his is exasperatingly overused and his smirking just comes across as smug. Is that the only way he knows how to perform? Are those the only tricks in his bag? Nadia and Bo (even though they both had off nights) have it all over Constantine as far as showmanship and charisma onstage.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Velveeta"
Ugh, he makes me shudder. In the bad way.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-13-05, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
"Astonishing" isn't really a compliment, in my book.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Astonishing"
Yeah, I don't know if Simon meant that as a compliment....

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-13-05, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
So Constantine...massive charisma or huge hunk of Velveeta?

Could you be suggesting Constantine is cheesy?

Moves courtesy of Syren

04-13-05, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-05 AT 06:20 PM (EST)

Oh, I'm firmly in the Velveeta camp.

The "Touched By An Angel" lighting. 'Nuff said.

ETA: I really want to think Simon was giving a compliment on
the "astonishing". But it's true, it did seem a bit ambivalent.

I threw votes to Bo and Vonzell only.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
Agree. I'm very critical of anyone doing Queen songs, but he pulled it off, and without his stoopid posing or smoldering looks at the camera.

Although what does Simon mean by "astonishing". It could have very different connotations.
another syren masterpiece

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
I've loved Constantine from the beginning and thought he did a kickass job on Boehemian Rhapsody but I couldn't help notice the extra "production" effort the show used on him. I suspect they are really pushing for a win or at least top three. Don't be surprised if they don't have his band up there with him in the end.

As for Simon's "astonishing" remark, I believe the smirk on his face was a clear indicator of how he was intrepreting that remark. I can't say as I blame him as he can't seem to get more than one word out of his mouth without Maula all over him.

Methinks he'll be doing more of that one word/facial expression commentary in the future.

04-13-05, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
I was going to mention the extra production effort in my post below, but wasn't sure how to phrase it. I noticed it, too, and was kind of peeved they made it so obvious.

Did you notice that "Maula" nearly fell over a couple of times when she stood up?

Welcome to the boards!!!!

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
Thanks very much angelworth. I hope I can hold my own in here. There's an exremely high curve on wit. My first offering was "Maula".

04-13-05, 10:41 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
Don't worry, I'm not the least bit witty, and I fit in fine. I just need to post more to get my DAW count up. I often feel that if it's not funny or witty, there's no point in posting!

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-13-05, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
In total agreement, BriarRose. The boy "sang his face off" last night, to borrow a phrase from Patti LaBelle. He doesn't really need to smirk at the cameras so much, because his voice is divine.

My guess is that Constantine, Bo, Vonzell and Carrie will make the final four. I love Bo and Carrie. (She just needs to sing better material. Cross-over country/pop would work well for her glorious voice. It'll also make her more marketable. I'm not sure that she knows that yet.)

They need to get rid of The Wife Beater, Federov, Nadia and Mr. Dreadlocks, even though I think he's cute. Not enough charisma, though. He always looks nervous, instead of comfortable on stage.

--Singer

wgordono1o 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-13-05, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wgordono1o Click to send private message to wgordono1o Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
Bo should sing REBEL YELL or WHITE WEDDING by the greatest rocker of them all if he wants to win the competition.

Constantine is playing up to the teen vote and is wildly popular in that segment of the audience.

LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD was great Pat Benetar. The best performance of the evening. The girl can sing.

04-13-05, 06:25 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
My only "beef" with Carrie was that she sounded like a vocal clone to Pat Benatar. No originality, plus the flubbed lyrics.
That's not good this stage of the competition.

And I've actually voted for Carrie in the past.

The world is coming to end when I start to like Constantine better than Carrie.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
I wasn't sure which lyrics were flubbed? Can someone point it out for me?

04-13-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."

Unfortunately, I must dislike him still. It's just all that "rocker" talk and "Guarining" (good word) that drives me crazy. My husband is in a rock band, and I asked him if he could ever see himself on AI. He just laughed. Constantine is no "rocker", and never will be. I wish they would quit calling him that. And I know everyone else liked his performance, including Simon, but, as a Queen fan, I was peeved that he would take an awesome song, sing it averagely (is that a word?), and take all the credit. If you sing an awesome song like that, it's going to be good, right? At least that's how I see it! Maybe I'm just biased. Okay, I know I'm biased, but I can't help it. And Simon calling "Free Bird" a sacred song, but not "Bohemian Rhapsody", was a little weird to me. But I'm biased, so I'll shut up now.

04-13-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
Okay, okay, okay, I'll admit it. My husband resembles Constantine, but not in an ugly way. My husband isn't, as nailbone put it, a big hunk of Velveeta. I've realised from the beginning, and so has my husband, that they look alike. But I still can't stand Constantine. After I called my sister to talk smack about Connie, she very calmly said, "He reminds me of someone we know." I told her that I saw it too, and then the phone got disconnected somehow. That was the end of the conversation, needless to say. Here's the only picture I could find, so judge for yourselves. If I find one where you can actually see his face, I'll post it.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
Hubba hubba!

The world is my litterbox.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
I say we turn this into a thresd about Angelworth's husband. Or Velveeta recipes.

Because I hate Constantine. It makes me very cranky that he continues to perform so well. And I want him to keep his tongue in his mouth.

04-13-05, 12:54 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."

Ewwww, why did you have to give me that visual right before lunch?

04-13-05, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
Your husband is a cutie, BTW.

04-13-05, 06:29 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
LOL! I vote for Velveeta recipes created by Angelworth's DH.

I get the heebiejeebies when I realize I enjoyed Con's last two
performances.

But my libido still shouts hallelujah when Bo takes the stage.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
I'm still hating on him. It's the whole "look."

He reminds me of that disparaging comment I heard or read once about women:

It went something like this: men look at women, and women look at men looking at them.

He's a poser. I can't get the picture out of my head of him doing all those facial expressions in the mirror, like Ben Stiller in that movie.

The world is my litterbox.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Agree"
His smarmy faces gross me out, but he's improving so much. I'd now rather see him win than Bo.

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "I've always liked him..."
Constantine is the only performance I look forward to...(except maybe Anthony: to see if he'll hit some notes this time). Sorry, Bo does the same run-around-with-the mike-stand thing over and over and he is off-key alot, people...I loved his Whipping Post week, but that was it.
Consty is always entertaining, and even if you can't stand him, you can't deny that millions of girlies are madly in love with him, and THAT'S MONEY IN THE BANK!

04-13-05, 06:32 PM (EST)
30. "RE: I've always liked him..."
*sighs*

Nope, we're not denying it. Connie's got a bunch of fans, and will probably win this thing, and may even deserve to win this thing, and I really hope I don't see him making a movie with Carrie or something in about two years.

Ba rumpa pum pum...

04-13-05, 06:36 PM (EST)
31. "RE: I've always liked him..."
I really hope I don't see him making a movie with Carrie or something in about two years.

A remake of "Beauty and the Beast"?

"When Consty Met Carrie" ::shudder::

eastgirl80 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-15-05, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eastgirl80 Click to send private message to eastgirl80 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Agree"
Please don't. Bo deserves it more. He goes out there and does what he does. Hes not showing off or trying to show off his good looks. Constantine is kind of sickening. Keep the true rocker in it please.

shoegal 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-13-05, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shoegal Click to send private message to shoegal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
I really thought that Constantine did GREAT the last two weeks, and right now I think he's out performing Bo (whom I liked better in the beginning.).

sapphirechick 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-13-05, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sapphirechick Click to send private message to sapphirechick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
Isn't he just infuriating? I hated him during auditions because of his smug attitude. The first couple of weeks, I thought for sure he'd be gone, and at one point I was grinning my own smug smirk that he just HAD to go that week. But no..... he got sent back to his seat, didn't he? And since then, I hate to admit it, too, but I am starting to really like him. His choices have been rather slow songs, but I never expected Bohemian Rhapsody. When I heard he was singing it, I expected to be very disappointed. When he sang the first few words, I do believe my eyebrows raised a bit, and by the time he was done, I think I heard a few pitchy or off-key notes, but his showmanship was pretty good.

Now my dilemma - I didn't really care for either him or Bo in the beginning. In fact, nobody had much impressed me all along, and I wondered if I'd bother to watch the whole season. I liked Makalah, but not for her singing ability. I had been slowly warming to Bo, wanting to hate Constantine and trying to decide if I liked Carrie. When Bo sang "Free Bird", I was wanting so bad for him to cut loose and just belt it out, but he kept it rather low-key. When C started, it was great to see him belting.

Needless to say, this season ought to get better and better as the weeks go by! It would be wonderful if Scott got out this week.

nicola 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-14-05, 05:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nicola Click to send private message to nicola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
i used to like contstantine in the beginning, but then i saw bo and i thnik bo is waaaaaaaay better. but ya his performances are getting better. although his recent song choices probably have his band members rnning to the bathroom to throw up. i think constantine is just creepy. like you know for the valentine song? when he was singing his nose kept rubbing against the mike and that was just disgusting! i feel sorry for the person who had to go next! if he does win do you think hell get back with his band?

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Dammit, I really want to dislike Constantine but..."
I love me some Constantine!!!

He picks the most interesting songs each week and is able to deliver. I admit, I did get a bit nervous when I saw Bohemian Rhapsody listed as his song........I mean, who the heck can give Freddie Mercury a run for his money? But he did a fantastic job. I am so impressed with how much he puts into his song selection and performance each week -- he really wants to win and do well. Unlike Bo, who I also like, but has had a dismal two weeks with the totally obvious and cliched pick of Freebird this week, and last week's "finger on the list" choice for a musical number which he was very obviously not into singing. Bo is coasting and he needs to step it up. Hopefully this bottom three finish will pull him out of his lethargy.

But back to Constantine. lol. The only thing I could do without is all the smoldering..........a little is fine but it's starting to become his trademark and that's when it gets lame. He's a good performer otherwise -- just get up there, do your thing and shine. The hubby doesn't much care for him tho -- he says his attitude reminds him of every lead singer he's ever been in a band with. LOL.

I really do think he has huge potential to win it all. How great would that be -- a rocker winner!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •