The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Thursday AM Focus on BOS"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-27-03, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Thursday AM Focus on BOS"
I watched the Early Show this morning. There was nothing new as far as preview videos, but what I found interesting was the strong focus on the Battle of the Sexes.

They emphasized how the men were so cocky and supposedly all powerful, yet the women had won two out of the first three challenges. The pitiful state of the women's camp was mentioned, but given a pass. They included interviews with two magazine editors who added even more emphasis and excitement to the BOS concept. Lots of video clips, but all I can remember are those of the bOOb bathing babes and Heidi talking about going topless (which is what the producers hoped for and probably puts me in with the majority of the watching audience!). Julie Chen was shown waving her arm in the air supporting the women and giving them "Girl Power".

All this hullabaloo over the BOS got me to thinking (yes, yes, I know...that can be dangerous!). At any rate, consider this:

Would CBS entitle the episode "Girl Power" and go to so much trouble to focus on the BOS on the day of the show if the men were going to win?

I suppose one could argue that they really don't care who wins as long as LOTS of people are watching and that is why they focused on the BOS. Still, I am suspicious enough about CBS to have my doubts.

I think they are priming the pump for a clean sweep by the women tonight (which means a Daniel boot). It seems to me from my personal observation that CBS strongly supports women and women's issues. Please don't misunderstand, I'm not saying they are against men, but this is probably too good an opportunity and one that they simply cannot pass up. Why give away the show with a title like "Girl Power" except to support one of your favorite issues and increase ratings? "Girl Power" is sure to draw BOS (Both Of the Sexes) to the tube tonight...some to see the girls win and some to see the girls . I find it hard to believe that CBS would focus so heavily on BOS if the men were going to kick their butts. It seems to me that CBS is not only editing the episodes, but they may be editing the Early Show as well....hmmmmm?

Finally, if there is a complete sweep tonight by "Girl Power", it would probably increase the audience next week to see if they can do it again. I suspect that CBS is not trying to fool us spoilers this week, they are playing for bigger fish. Win-win!!!

"Onward Thru the Fog"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Ratings sorgee 02-27-03 1
 February Sweeps LeftPinky 02-27-03 2
   RE: February Sweeps - are over lizzmac 02-27-03 5
 RE: CBS Thursday AM Focus on BOS Boilermaker 02-27-03 3
   RE: CBS Thursday AM Focus on BOS Q 02-27-03 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-27-03, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Ratings"
you might have a valid point. at the end of the day the ratings are what matters in TV executive land...

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-27-03, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "February Sweeps "
Ratings are everything in February sweeps, we as being set up in plain sight - girls sweep

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-27-03, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizzmac Click to send private message to lizzmac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: February Sweeps - are over"
The girls may sweep, but the sweeps period ended yesterday. It doesn't necessarily last through the end of the month.

I heard/read that several times during the day yesterday, but if I hadn't, I might have guessed judging by all the reruns on tonight! (Survivor may be the only non-rerun - I'm not sure about "Without a Trace," but CSI and the whole NBC lineup are repeats.)

Lizzmac

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-27-03, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS Thursday AM Focus on BOS"
So the women will watch to see further girl domination and guys will watch to see the women bathing topless. Well it makes sense to me. Great observation!

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-27-03, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS Thursday AM Focus on BOS"
Well put boiler. Its a ratings game, plain and simple. Topless women for the guys, women winning for the men. I may actually enjoy this episode a lot.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •