I thought that the show as a whole was excellent - probably the best of the season (as far as entertainment value goes). That being said...no one performance blew me away. Here goes:
1. Lukas - Dilana (my fave!) I believe, tried to set Lukas up for a failure. He blew it away. Great, great performance on a song that I don't really care for. His vocal range is beautiful, and I even liked the wink at the camera at the end.
2. Dilana - Excellent performance. I thought she could have done a little more interaction with Gilby (what was up with the guitar-cam angle throughout the song? That bugged me). I do not like her new hair extensions.
3. Magni - I don't know this song at all. But it was really quite good. The intensity was just right and the pitch was soothing.
4. Ryan - C-H-E-E-S-Y hair-hood, and intense Constantine-stare at the end, but the performance was interesting, and I loved his interpretation on the song.
5. Storm - Good, not great. Her vocal range was showcased well. Listening to this, makes me think that J.D.'s version (which I downloaded and listen to all the time) wasn't all that bad... Not that Storm did poorly, it just wasn't memorable to me.
6. Toby - Nice end to the show. Did he drop some lines? I'm in Dave's megaphone-camp.
7. Josh - He seemed uninterested that Tommy was joining him. It was OK. I'm not crazy about that song. I just went to a Velvet Revolver concert and they played it...Josh's version was oh-so underwhelming.
8. Jill - Not horrible, just not memorable. Man - she has the most awesome stomach!
9. Patrice - Performance was OK. She would do great at a small Portland/ Pacific Northwest type grunge coffeehouse. The hair? Awful. The eyes? I'm not getting it. Why did she have to play the guitar during this performance?
100000. Zayra - Sadly, I don't think she's going tonight. I recognized the song from the harmony about halfway through and realized that it's a song that I really like. That was SO horrible, and SuperNova did not let her know!! In fact, it seems that they're encouraging her.