Immediate thoughts after watching this week's show.
first, i was pleasantly surprised this week. WHen i first read the songs, i thougth it would be a boring week. I was wrong.
(1) Dilana. My Dilana. I love her. She got this spot for two reasons. First, she sang the hell out of that song, and looked so natural up there with Gilby. Secondly, unlike the other wimps, she WANTED to be judged up there with Gilby. I can't believe nobody fought for it. Insane.
(2) Lukas. As Jason said, its about time to open up his voice. Although i wasn't totally blown away by his voice then and now, i like that he took the advice and criticism and did something different. It was a great performance.
(3) Storm. I generally dislike Queen covers. Nobody can compete with Freddie Mercury, and you are always judged against him. Storm held her own. She has a magnificent voice, as she also proved last week. She is definately a front runner w/ Lukas and Dilana. I think its a three-way race.
(4) Magni. Incredible cajones to go it alone w/ just an acoustic guitar, but if you have Magni's pipes, and a great song to sing, you can do it. Wonderful.
< somewhat large gap >
(5) Ryan. I think its gusty to take a Stone's song and switch it up. He has "brought his A-game", but this one didn't work for me like last week.
(6) Josh. I think Tommy Lee broke him down a bit. It was a perfect song choice for him, but his vocals were a bit off. Agree w/ the guitar comment by Tommy.
(7) Toby. I loved his rendition. It was a new Toby. But i don't think he can compete w/ the top 4.
< another large gap >
(8) Patrice. She's starting to bore me. Initially I liked her voice a lot, but week after week, its like every song she sings melds together and she always sounds the same. Not good for a lead singer.
(9) Jill. Again, she always oversings parts of the songs. And who did her makeup?
(10) Zayra. What the heck was that?!?! I think its time for Z to go.