1. Lukas - I thought he did a great job on the shortened version of the song they are forced to perform. I do think an important part of this song is the heavy guitar lick that comes in right before the chorus: " you're so very special, DA-DAH, DA-DAH, DAAAAAAAAAAAH" and they left that out of the arrangement.
2. Magni - He seems able to sing anything, but this song suited his voice and style perfectly. He is such a cool character, he could easily front this band.
3. Josh - He did a pretty good job on "ISL." He was a little flat in a couple spots, but he showed that he can sing rock songs.
4. Dilana - I'm a Dilana fan, but I just was not overly taken with her performance of this Who classic. I do have to say, that her voice was 500 times better than that squeak coming out of Gilby's mouth on the duet portion of the song.
5. Toby - He ended up with a song that just is not made to highlight the lead singer that much, and the theatrics were probably as much a desperate measure to stand out on this song as anything.
6th and lower kind of lump together.
6. Storm - This song is just so hard to sing, and she did a passable job, but as she started, she almost brought that "torch singer" feel back from last week. She needs to lose the mic stand next week.
7. Ryan - some songs you just don't screw around with, and this is one. DO NOT change the lyrics of a classic. The other problem I had is that this is supposed to be a morose disillusionment song and he tried to turn it into an upbeat rock-out song. The Stones managed to rock it out AND be morose. Ryan couldn't pull that off, and IMO lost the song.
8. Zayra - Great outfit. Wonder who got the job of oiling her up to get into it? I'm sure she had no problem finding a volunteer. The song? Pitchy in lots of parts. Hard to follow Bowie. One of the great voices of rock. Storm pulled it off admirably last week, Zayra doesn't have the chops.
10. (Tie) Jill and Patrice - Jill's performance wasn't bad, but that song sucked so bad. I don't know what grammy it was nominated for, because I didn't know there was a category for most MPD song of the year. It is all over the freakin place. Patrice had a great song and made it unrecognizable. I've seen enough of this smiling Sheryl Crow knock-off. I would like to see a two-fer this week.