So what did you think of the week six performances by these ten rockers? Have new favorites emerged, did old favorites make your heart beat faster yet again, or who disappointed and had you scratching your head wondering what the *bleep* was that?
Remember that a love list is all about you and whatever you want to base it on. As long as you’re being true to your feelings, then it is correct.
1) Lukas Rossi – Radiohead “Creep” (3,2,5,5,7) Hell yeah! There’s the “oh my friggin gawd” performance I’ve been patiently but eagerly waiting for from Lucky Charm. Having listened to pretty much everything I could find online from Lukas and others, I knew there was a higher quality in his vocals. The soft clarity side, the power of a single note, the gambit of different tones his pipes could achieve, and the ability to have to audience in the palm of your hand while standing still. Bask in the glory of all things Lukas Glow, cause you/he deserves it after last weeks bashfest. I happily put him as my numero uno this week. Anchor! Anchor! Anchor!
2) Dilana – The Who “Won't Get Fooled Again” (1,1,1,1,2) My mistress of rock looked like a rock star tonight. Loved her stripped down just in your face rock out side. No tricks, no wardrobe, no flailing around the stage, just rock baby! Of all the rawkers who have now performed with a member of Supernova, Dilana is the one who I couldn’t keep my eyes off of and not the member of SN. Plus Gilby saying that he could now see a woman fronting SN puts her in the finally. Sweet!
3) Ryan Star – The Rolling Stones “Paint it Black” (6,8,7,3,1) Have a feeling some may think Ryan’s performance was a little over the top and silly but it’s what I loved about it. The Cure is one of my favorite bands, so I’m a little biased to the dark performance side. Mig painted it beige, while Ryan did indeed paint it black. Nice to see one of the guys get a little kooky with the wardrobe/performance, never would have imagined it would be Ryan! Totally dug it.
4) Magni – Live “The Dolphin's Cry” (13,4,3,4,4) This was Magni against the world, very cool performance from the Iceman. He’s a world class singer, has a beautiful family, and is killing it each and every week in front of million of people. What more could a man ask for?
5) Storm Large – Queen “We Are the Champions” (5,6,4,2,3) First JD bombed this song, then Jordis did okay with it, and now Storm does just good. Who knows, maybe in season three someone will do great? Stormy looked her usual spectacular-self but it was kind of a lifeless performance. A little crazy eyes would have been okay for this tune.
6) Toby Rand – Talking Heads “Burning Down the House” (10,3,10,7,6) Ehh. It was okay but I just didn’t feel it for some reason. The megaphone thing seemed to go on forever.
7) Josh Logan – Stone Temple Pilots “Interstate Love Song” (7,9,11,6,5) The Kermit the Frog tone was back and somehow DirtyPhils head wobble was also back. Tommy made a good point in that the guitar held him back.
8) Zayra Alvarez – David Bowie “All the Young Dudes” (2,5,2,10,9) Not as entertaining this week but the vocals weren’t all that awful either. Only a couple of cringe notes from Z is pretty good.
9) Jill Gioia – Tracy Bonham “Mother Mother” (12,14,8,11,11) Pains me some to not totally hate a Jill performance but it was okay.
10) Patrice Pike – John Lennon “Instant Karma” (8,10,9,12,10) John just rolled. It was flat, boring, and so bar room. Her “alllrrrright” accent is beginning to grate my last nerve also.
Booted: Dana Andrews (14,12,13,8,8) – Actually I’m happy for Dana that she got out when she did. If five weeks was enough time to get a tat and dirty this sweet girl up some, what would thirteen weeks have done? Got herself a little exposure and went out with rave revues for the person she is. Something tells me that we may just hear her again, on a pop radio station of course.
The order the contestants appeared ...
Dilana – The Who “Won't Get Fooled Again”
Jill Gioia – Tracy Bonham “Mother Mother”
Ryan Star – The Rolling Stones “Paint it Black”
Storm Large – Queen “We Are the Champions”
Zayra Alvarez – David Bowie “All the Young Dudes”
Josh Logan – Stone Temple Pilots “Interstate Love Song”
Magni – Live “The Dolphin's Cry”
Patrice Pike – John Lennon “Instant Karma”
Lukas Rossi – Radiohead “Creep”
Toby Rand – Talking Heads “Burning Down the House”