The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 5 Title"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-25-03, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 5 Title"

Courtesy of Scott (no blurb yet)

Pick Up Sticks

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 5 Title SurvivinDawg 02-25-03 1
 RE: Episode 5 Title Brownroach 02-25-03 2
 RE: Episode 5 Title Q 02-25-03 3
   RE: Episode 5 Title SurvivinDawg 02-25-03 4
       RE: Episode 5 Title Brownroach 02-25-03 5
           RE: Episode 5 Title SurvivinDawg 02-25-03 6
               RE: Episode 5 Title VerucaSalt 02-25-03 7
                   RE: Episode 5 Title cowboyroo 02-25-03 8
                   RE: Episode 5 Title Brownroach 02-25-03 9
 New Blurb tribephyl 03-04-03 10
   RE: New Blurb samboohoo 03-04-03 11
   RE: New Blurb Brownroach 03-04-03 13
   RE: New Blurb WildEel 03-04-03 18
 RE: Episode 5 Title ElroyJetson 03-04-03 12
   RE: Episode 5 Title samboohoo 03-04-03 15
 The whole rhyme colleenwannabe 03-04-03 14
   RE: The whole rhyme Q 03-04-03 16
   RE: The whole rhyme frisky 03-04-03 17
 RE: Episode 5 Title cowboyroo 03-04-03 19
 Assume for a minute that Shawna goe... Boilermaker 03-06-03 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-25-03, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 5 Title"
5-6 pick up sticks
7-8 lay them straight

Hmmm....

Perhaps they're going to use sticks to swap the tribes?

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-03, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 5 Title"
Certain parties (or all parties) have to pick up and move to a different location?

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-25-03, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 5 Title"
I like both those suggestions. Picking up and moving camps to one location, ie another cohabitation/semi-merge, or since they would have an even number of survivors left (12) there could be a game of sorts to mix up the tribes, or possibly switch tribes if they want to. So a tribe picks up members/sticks?

I'll reserve judgement until more info is available.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

02-25-03, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 5 Title"
They may "pick up sticks" and go live in one place... and either be a merged tribe at 12 members OR live together, not merged (as in Survivor 5).

One way or the other, it looks like something will happen along these lines (swap/merge/livetogether) in Ep. 5.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

02-25-03, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 5 Title"
Sounds about right to me. But a swap doesn't entail moving anything except yourself and your belongings. A fake or real merge means at least one camp has to pick up its "stick" shelter and relocate.

02-25-03, 12:57 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 5 Title"
Or both tribes could move to a 3d location, a'la Survivor 2... and would definitely need to bring their shelters.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-25-03, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 5 Title"
Just throwing things out there....

Wasn't a camp hit by lightning?

Maybe shelter or their camp destroyed so they got to pick up the mess.

Or as suggested, type of challenge based on the game except they use BIG BIG sticks

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-25-03, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 5 Title"
Veruca,

i thought the same as you...Wouldn't be a hoot if the chicks finally get their shelter put together and the big bad storm comes and blows it down!!

02-25-03, 03:35 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Episode 5 Title"
>>Wasn't a camp hit by lightning?<<

VS, I only ever remember seeing this as something that Diane Ogden "heard", just like she "heard" that there is a woman who makes Jerri look like a saint. At the time I thought she might have just been picking up on unsubstantiated stuff that was floating around on the spoiler boards.

Jiffy did say in one interview that they had the worst storm he ever experienced, but only described it from his perspective at the Ariau Hotel.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-03, 05:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "New Blurb"
"Just as the men are getting comfortable with their severe environment, one of them is injured.
In the women's camp, an overheard conversation leads to controversy."

Not only does it sound like the men win IC in Ep. 4, with all the comfort they have at the moment. But now, someone on the "Tambalsaqs" is hurt enough to be targeted come TC in Ep.5.
(Side note...please! please! please be Roger!)(Other side note...how interesting it's been 1 Male gone, 1 Female gone, 1 Male gone, 1 Female gone...1 Male gone?)

F2 = M vs. F anyone?

As far as the women's camp controversy is concerned. We can be sure it ain't Christy that overheard anything. Most likely something that Jeanne overheard and is starting to spread around.
Maybe a controversy between Jenna and Heidi?...I can hope right? Because that means "Buh-Bye Jeanne!"

When you mess with the "bull" you get the Ho'...s!!!

tribephyl

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-03, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: New Blurb"
Christy, of course, "hears" by reading lips. I can certainly see her misreading a conversation, which could lead to controversy. We've already had Joanna overhear something that set her off, so I don't think this refers to her. (Besides, she's probably not around anymore anyway.)

We also have:

Jeanne: the big instigator, who is likely to stir something up because she realizes she's outnumberered.

Deena: the prosecutor in her won't be able to resist launching a full-blown investigation into what's going on (let's not forget her upcoming "shut up" comment in Ep. 4).

Shawna: She's ready to give up now, may not take to kindly to being kept in the game to further someone else's agenda.

Heidi/Jenna: Any comment made to criticize/or go against these 2 princesses could bring the claws out.

03-04-03, 10:49 AM (EST)
13. "RE: New Blurb"
Hmm... these blurbs don't give any indication that there might a fake or real merge coming in Ep 5.

But they don't rule it out either. Both of the events described could happen right at the beginning of the Ep.

I wonder if "Pick Up Sticks" has a meaning that's connected to the injury.

WildEel 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-04-03, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WildEel Click to send private message to WildEel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: New Blurb"
I'm wondering if it is Dave or Alex that gets injured. If the injured person is the one booted it might easier explain how Matthew stays and would fit Snewswer's prediction of Dave and Alex taking an early exit.

...but I sure hope it's Roger.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-03, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 5 Title"
>Pick Up Sticks

Maybe the guys get another chance to hit on the skinny girls. Wait, sorry, wrong board!

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-03, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 5 Title"
LOL Elroy. I wish someone would pick off the skinny girls.

colleenwannabe 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-04-03, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail colleenwannabe Click to send private message to colleenwannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "The whole rhyme"
For what it's worth, here is the whole rhyme:

One, two, buckle my shoe;

Three, four, knock at the door;

Five, six, pick up sticks;

Seven, eight, lay them straight;

Nine, ten, a good fat hen;

Eleven, twelve, dig and delve;

Thirteen, fourteen, maids a-courting;

Fifteen, sixteen, maids a-kissing;

Seventeen, eighteen, maids a-waiting;

Nineteen, twenty, I've had plenty.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-04-03, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The whole rhyme"
A good fat hen? Could there be chickens coming there way again?

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-03, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The whole rhyme"
>Five, six, pick up sticks;

Maybe "Pick up sticks" is just underscoring the significance of the number six in this episode....very likely in episode five there will be six members left on each team. Maybe they'll merge now that the tribes are 6-6??

Damn you, MB. Damn you and your riddles.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-03, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 5 Title"
Five, Six Pick up Sticks

If the men win both Ep. 4 challenges, as predicted, they have already lost 4 challenges...they could lose #'s 5 and 6 here.

Also, supposed to be bad storm. One camp may need to be rebuilt, thus picking up sticks.

Also, if the men go to TC, there doesn't seem to be any player loyalty. A lot of everyone telling everyone a different thing in terms of voting. Could there be 5 people that get votes and the booted is eliminated with 2 votes. Votes 5 And 6?

Also, could this be the merge. Pick up sticks meaning both tribes moving to a new location (Early merge)and having to pick up sticks to build shelter all over again.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-06-03, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Assume for a minute that Shawna goes this week..."
She is sick, (didn't MB or JP has said that someone practically throws in the towel this time), she gets the mercy boot, and her tribe's once dominant alliance now seems shaky. Episode 5 title of Pick Up Sticks could then refer to the altered alliances that have to form because of Shawna's unexpected mercy departure. Her old alliance has to pick up the sticks and reform to adjust to the Shawna's departure. They pick Christy to be the new 4th.

Christy already doesn't like Joanna, might not like Jeanne, and other than the bathing scene says nothing bad about the other girls. This could give a reason for Christy to last fairly long in the game. Then again this would make ChillOne wrong for picking Joanna (not the first time) but provide credence to his "info" that Christy lasts a while.

Not saying it is going to happen but what if the PTTE for just the women are
Shawna
Jeanne
Joanna - post merge perhaps
Deena
Heidi
Christy
and finally Jenna

Now who am I really going to pick this week to say good-bye...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •