The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hidden Votes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-21-03, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hidden Votes"
Did you notice that once Janet had sufficient votes to get snuffed, Jiffy stopped reading votes and said something like "and the remaining vote will not be shown." Makes me wonder if previous votes will count against players in tie-break situations again.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hidden Votes Q 02-21-03 1
   RE: Hidden Votes ElroyJetson 02-21-03 2
       RE: Hidden Votes Booted 02-21-03 3
       RE: Hidden Votes mistofleas 02-21-03 4
 RE: Hidden Votes Brownroach 02-21-03 5
   RE: Hidden Votes Q 02-21-03 6
       RE: Hidden Votes Brownroach 02-21-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-21-03, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Hidden Votes"
They always do that. Once enough votes are cast against one person and they mathmatically cannot be beaten, Jiffy stops reading the votes. We always see the breakdown, but this allows the other players to have to guess, or find out from the others who voted what way.

Nothing new.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-21-03, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Hidden Votes"
Yep. I just can't recall him saying specifically the remaining votes will remain hidden. It just set something off in my head. Almost like foreshadowing I guess. Dunno....

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-21-03, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Hidden Votes"
Make me think it will still be the purple rock deal if they do not need to know how many were against each player.

Boot Ed

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-03, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Hidden Votes"
He usually says "no need to read the last vote" or what he said last night "we'll let the last vote remain a mystery".

--thinks Jiffy spends his free time thinking of new ways to say "I'll go tally the votes"

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Hidden Votes"
Theoretically, if previous votes are going to count in a tie-break situation, all of the votes should be revealed at every Tribal Council.

Now they could keep this information hidden, and at a tie, Jiffy could just say, "Sorry, so-and-so, you have 3 previous votes, you lose." He couldn't exactly lie, because all of the votes at every TC are captured on camera. But it would seem anti-climactic for the audience, I think.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-21-03, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Hidden Votes"
True, what remember when Jeff tied with Colby in S2. Jiffy asked them how many previous votes they had. Jeff said...

One, that I know of and Colby said none.

So they still had the previous votes count, yet Jeff was never sure he did not have more than 1.

However, that said, I still don't think previous votes will count. Its over, IMO. They will do something else.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Hidden Votes"
I agree, the prior vote rule is a thing of the past.

I never figured out why Jiffy didn't show Kimmi's vote for Jeff, because at every other TC in S2, Jiffy DID reveal all of the votes.

The only thing I could think of at the time was that, after Kimmi blabbed to Tina about Debb's vote, MB wanted to make absolutely certain that none of the Kuchas could repeat that mistake.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •