The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The killer - what we think we saw"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Current Message

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-10-05, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The killer - what we think we saw"
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-05 AT 06:32 PM (EST)

I'll leave this here for the debate, but I think I disproved my own theory. See below...

LAST EDITED ON 11-10-05 AT 03:04 PM (EST)

It looked pretty simple.

"Establishing shots" of high grass indicate two groups in the same area. Shannon running in the woods. Tailies walking in the woods. A gun shot. A wounded Shannon. Ana Lucia holding a gun. Ergo, Ana Lucia shot and killed Shannon.

Not so fast.

Mr. Eko told Ana Lucia that the tailies were a day's walk away from the fuselage folks. We never saw the two groups in the same frame. We only know that we heard a gunshot, and Ana Lucia fired her weapon (the slide is pulled back, as it would be on a weapon whose last round has been fired).

Back to Shannon. When Sayid catches up to her, she collapses in his arms, and he brings her to the ground. He then looks up at the killer or killers. And we only see one person, from the waist down. We are supposed to believe that person is Ana Lucia. But we don't even know for sure that Shannon's got a gunshot wound. That's an awful lot of blood. Perhaps she's been stabbed.

But suppose...
The two groups are still 20 miles apart. After all, there's plenty of high grass on the island. Was Ana Lucia firing at something else? An apparition? Desmond? Danielle? A polar bear? Quite possibly Ana Lucia has just shot and killed Cindy, the suddenly missing tail section survivor who may have been trying to silently rejoin the group.

The look on Ana Lucia's face indicates that she is surprised by what she has just done. She would not recognize Shannon. She would recognize Cindy, and would be surprised if she'd just shot one of her "teammates."

Add this: Unlike the surreptitious Others, Shannon is crashing through the woods loudly shouting out Walt's name. She is being followed by Sayid, who loudly shouts out Shannon's name. Yet neither Michael nor Jin hear them and respond. Certainly Michael would respond if he heard Walt's name.

And during the last shots, when Sayid is cradling the body and staring at the killer or killers, there is no look of recognition for those fellow survivors who are presumed lost at sea. But he does seem ready to confront the killer.

Conversely, in the tailies shot, there is no reaction other than stunned silence from Michael and Jin. Might they have reacted differently if they recognized Shannon and Sayid?

So despite my earlier theory that Ana Lucia was going to be the killer, I'm now proposing that Ana Lucia shot at something, and it wasn't Shannon.

Someone else killed Shannon. We will learn the killer's identity in a later episode.

OK, perhaps I'm insane.

Shannon's wound doesn't look like a gunshot entry wound, it looks like a stab wound. But an actual gunshot entry wound wouldn't be as colorful.

Ana Lucia earlier in the episode:

The killer:

Note the long club tied with twine is in both frames.

So yeah, I'm insane. Nothing to see here... move along. Go back to your lives.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The killer - what we think we saw   TeamJoisey     11-10-05       
   RE: The killer - what we think we s...   CattyChat     11-10-05     1  
     RE: The killer - what we think we s...   weltek     11-10-05     4  
         RE: The killer - what we think we s...   J I M B O     11-10-05     6  
         RE: The killer - what we think we s...   CattyChat     11-12-05     20  
   RE: The killer - what we think we s...   skeetergirl87     11-10-05     2  
   RE: The killer - what we think we s...   J I M B O     11-10-05     3  
   RE: The killer - what we think we s...   txmomma26     11-10-05     5  
   RE: The killer - what we think we s...   AugustGirl     11-10-05     7  
   RE: The killer - what we think we s...   Das Mole     11-10-05     8  
   RE: The killer - what we think we s...   Devious Weasel     11-10-05     9  
   RE: The killer - what we think we s...   Corvis     11-10-05     10  
     RE: The killer - what we think we s...   Devious Weasel     11-10-05     11  
         RE: The killer - what we think we s...   Bathumb     11-10-05     12  
             Forgery?   J I M B O     11-10-05     13  
   Lefty/Righty?   J I M B O     11-10-05     14  
     RE: Lefty/Righty?   TeamJoisey     11-10-05     15  
         L/R and the Knife theory   Das Mole     11-11-05     17  
   RE: The killer - what we think we s...   ladro     11-11-05     16  
   Regarding spoilers*some minor spoil...   zombiebaby     11-11-05     18  
     RE: Regarding spoilers*some minor s...   TeamJoisey     11-12-05     19  
     RE: Regarding spoilers*some minor s...   Das Mole     11-13-05     25  
   My 2 cents   FesterFan1     11-12-05     21  
     RE: My 2 cents   TeamJoisey     11-12-05     22  
         RE: My 2 cents   FesterFan1     11-12-05     23  
             RE: My 2 cents   Farmie     11-13-05     24  
   Ana Lucia did it in the jungle with...   skeetergirl87     11-14-05     26  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •