The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Daniel has malaria"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-19-03, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Daniel has malaria"
According to several sources, including TV guide online, Damiel contracted malaria while shooting Survivor. Here is the link and article.

http://www.tvguide.entertainment.aol.com/newsgossip/inthenews/030219.asp#F

There may have been a good reason why Daniel Lue kept falling off that balance beam on Thursday's Survivor: The Amazon premiere. The 27-year-old tax accountant from Houston was diagnosed last week with malaria. He apparently contracted the mosquito-borne disease while taping the show. He's currently recovering at home.

Not sure if this has any spoiler value, but I thought you spoilers might know what do make of this.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Daniel has malaria Tyler J 02-19-03 1
   RE: Daniel has malaria ejm92 02-19-03 2
   RE: Daniel has malaria mistofleas 02-19-03 4
       RE: Daniel has malaria MellowYellow 02-19-03 6
 RE: Daniel has malaria bebekid 02-19-03 3
   RE: Daniel has malaria Brownroach 02-19-03 5
       RE: Daniel has malaria Rosewood 02-20-03 7
           RE: Daniel has malaria jump up 02-20-03 8
               RE: Daniel has malaria bebekid 02-20-03 9
               RE: Daniel has malaria Rosewood 02-20-03 10
           RE: Daniel has malaria desert_rhino 02-20-03 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tyler J 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-19-03, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tyler%20J Click to send private message to Tyler%20J Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Daniel has malaria"
Does malaria exist in South America? I've just never heard of it affecting people there?

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-19-03, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Daniel has malaria"
Although I really haven't heard a lot of cases of malaria in South America, usually I hear about them from Africa, I know I always remembered growing up hearing that every imaginable disease in the world lies in the Amazon rainforest, and I've also heard that a cure for all diseases is found there....not for sure if they are valid, but I'm sure there was a threat of malaria there since Daniel and the others took either pills or shots for malaria.....anyways, welcome to the boards!

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-03, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Daniel has malaria"
Where there are mosquitos there could be malaria.

--is glad the mosquitos in Texas only carry West Nile

MellowYellow 346 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-19-03, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MellowYellow Click to send private message to MellowYellow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Daniel has malaria"
Thanks for the link Mistofleas.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-19-03, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Daniel has malaria"
Diagnosed just last week? They were finished shooting just before Christmas. How long is the incubation period of malaria? Could he have contracted the disease at loser lodge?

Brownroach 15340 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-03, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Daniel has malaria"
Bebekid, take a look at Mistofleas' link above. Apparently it goes through several phases before you experience symptoms. I'm sure it's possible he could have contracted it at any point while he was down there.

Rosewood 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-20-03, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rosewood Click to send private message to Rosewood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Daniel has malaria"
I find it interesting though that, according to the news source, he took anti-malarial medication before and after he was in the Amazon. It might indicate that he was in a "survival" setting longer than we thought, giving his anti-malarial drugs enough time to wear off and become ineffective.

While he might have caught malaria at loser lodge, the probability is probably decreased by the fact that they have mosquito netting and well... walls to keep the skitters at bay. Out in the jungle, they got nada.

Which also makes me wonder- why wouldn't the production team put quinine in the same kit as the woman's tampons and other "necessities"?

jump up 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-20-03, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jump%20up Click to send private message to jump%20up Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Daniel has malaria"
As long as you are in the area where the infected mosquitoes live it does not matter if you have netting around your bed, you need protection 24/7.

I contracted malaria, even after taking prescribed medication. My symptoms developed two weeks after I was bitten, which is about the average incubation period for the type of malaria that is found in South America. He has been home for two months now.

Could it be that Dan just has the flu, which is rampant here in Houston at at the monment. He is getting press time, could this indicate he goes after Janet? When I had malaria I was hospitalized for over a week, and you know how HMOs try to limit a hospital stay. The article says he is recovering at home. Was he ever hospitalized?

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-20-03, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Daniel has malaria"
>He
>is getting press time, could
>this indicate he goes after
>Janet?

According to ChillOne, Daniel is not long for the game. This article could be a pre-cursor to explain why he won't be able to do a post-boot publicity junket in the next few weeks.

Rosewood 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-20-03, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rosewood Click to send private message to Rosewood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Daniel has malaria"
>As long as you are in
>the area where the infected
>mosquitoes live it does not
>matter if you have netting
>around your bed, you need
>protection 24/7.

Yeah, I kind of figured that. It's like with the safe sex ads: "It only takes one time".

>I contracted malaria, even after taking
>prescribed medication. My symptoms
>developed two weeks after I
>was bitten, which is about
>the average incubation period for
>the type of malaria that
>is found in South America.

That sucks, Jumpup. Hopefully you're not having any relapses...
That sucks

> He has been home
>for two months now.
>
>Could it be that Dan just
>has the flu, which is
>rampant here in Houston at
>at the monment. He
>is getting press time, could
>this indicate he goes after
>Janet?

I think it might be over-suspicious to think that they would fabricate his diagnosis to give him the press he needs to be in the next three boots.

Or maybe I'm just naive....

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Daniel has malaria"
Bear in mind that the survivors are getting DAILY medical exams, including some blood work, and supplement shots, as well as ongoing anti-malarial treatment. (and constant sunscreen applications)

Don't forget there is a WHOLE STAFF right there behind the camera. They do a good job of editing it out, of course.

-- jv

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •