The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Exclusive video profiles on CBS website"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

VanQ 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-18-03, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ Click to send private message to VanQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Exclusive video profiles on CBS website"
I was going through the website EXCLUSIVE VIDEO PROFILES and found that they give us a little more in depth look into the personalities. They also give us some information that could prove useful, about the process that the survivors go through prior to reaching their destination.

1. There is a videographer, asking the questions, who is obviously known to all the contestants. I believe she is probably one of the contestant organizers. I will nick name her AUNTY CAMERAMAN. Who does a great job of getting a sense of the types of personalities of these survivors.

2. They are sequestered in their individual hotel rooms in MIAMI. And they are told at this time, where their destination will be. They are still allowed contact with home before leaving for the Amazon.

3. There was no profile for JANET. Was she an alternate???

So I thought I would sum up a few of the more interesting tidbits from the profiles:

HEIDI:

=She is not a big eater, only ordering a bowl of soup, and snacking on crackers and FRUIT BARS!!! She actually holds up one of the bars.. can anyone get an image of this. It actually looks like the wrapper in the box at the womens' camp.

=Very adamant that she can not stand to LIE

=might be emotional, talked about crying all the way on the plane after missing the chance to hug her mom goodbye.

JENNA:

=Shows her very excited to find out that they are going to the AMAZON

=Excited about the chance to see all the wildlife. Admitted animal lover. IS SHE VEGETARIAN?

=Like, if she say like, "LIKE" like, one more time, I, like am gonna, like. totally puke!

JOANNA:

=GOD GOD GOD.. JESUS GOD GOD GOD. She is religious to the EXTREME. And I think this will work against her, I see her as a self righteous type, trying to push it down others throats.

=SHE HAS NEVER SEEN SURVIVOR BEFORE!!! big big disadvantage, at least VEE knew how to play and didnt push her religion.

=From 7 children, talked alot about team play

=Has done a 10 day fast before.. related this to Jesus.. arrrrggghhh!

JEANNE:

=Learns about the destination on tape, but was already prepared with loads of info about the AMAZON (must be checking out the webites)

=Told people she was leaving to donate kidney to an Uncle in California. This, she says, would explain her sudden wt loss after she returns home. May explain why we didnt get any solid wt loss spoilers on her!

=She knows how to play the game. and as an aside.. She has ROBBs accent!!

CHRISTY:
=Not too much on Christy. You could see Aunty Camerman having difficulty communicating with her (she was hidden behind the camera)

=She was regretting her luxury item of SAGE. .. Which totally looks like a large joint (pot). She explained that you light it and do a smudging to remove any negative energy. I dont think this would go over well with Joanna, so cant see these 2 bonding.

DEENA:

=SURVIVOR FANATIC (gotta love her for that).. since S1. Says she has been on EZBOARD and researched well on the Amazon. (YOU go girl!!! for all of us frustrated types on these boards!!)

=Talked alot about her kids and family, and comes across as very intelligent.

SHAWNA:

=Reading the survivor handbook by MB. Had disguised it so others wouldnt see it.

=Is sick with cold in video, but states is on the mend. Sprained 2 toes just before leaving as well. These dont seem to have hindered her so far.

=She broke up with her BF on the phone from the hotel.. hmm.. setting herself up as a 'free agent' for the show?

The men:
ALEX:
=VERY high energy and very excited about going to the amazon

=Reading the survivor book by MB, and has disguised it as well

=Makes a comment about the LARIUM to Aunty Cameraman. I think he opts not to take the med,but it could be he was just asking some questions.

MATTHEW:

=Knew well before he was told that it would be the amazon. He admits to checking the websites, and found out from us.

=VERY well prepared, talked alot about the clothes and preparations he made for the AMAZON

=His luxury item is a jacket that he can use as a pillow! Smart thinking. He related his experience on a previous trek, and the need for a good sleep

ROB:

=Stated that he GORGED ON FOOD FOR 4 WEEKS PRIOR to leaving. I think this is important, as someone who has just gained wt quickly will lose it much quicker than his counterparts who are around their normal weight and metabolism. Will affect wt loss spoilers!!

=For someone who claimed to be such a huge reality tv fan, he didnt do his homework as well as others. He had no idea that they were going to the Amazon, until it is revealed in the hotel room

DANIEL:

=Had done his homework and knew about the AMAZON as the destination! (good boy!)

=Said he tried to pack on pounds but only managed 3lbs. Stated he has very high metabolism..

=Talked WAY WAY too much about missing his toilet and that being the biggest challenge for him.. ICK!!

ROGER:
=ANAL RETENTIVE TO THE MAX!! Very organized.

=actually admits to being nervous about going to the Amazon. But he states he was in Viet nam..

=Wants people who will "FOLLOW ME" on his tribe

=Wants young people off first

=Doesnt want to be on team with people who are good "game players' as that will work to his disadvantage

=says he wants to be able to deceive people

DAVE:
=Totally unprepared for Amazon. Very unorganized person.

=states his biggest fear is the little fish that swims up your #####!!hehehe (ok.. that would be mine too)

=Triathlete! may bond with Alex on this one.

=BIG TIME FLIRTING with Aunty Camerman. This could be his gameplay when the girls merge (if he is there)

BUTCH:
=Seemed a bit scattered in his conversation with Aunty, but comes across as a nice guy. Definitely not someone who is pushy.

=Was reading MBs handbook for preparation

=Thought that this Survivor would be in New Zealand or back in Africa. Was shocked to learn about the Amazon

=definitely carrying a few extra pounds around the waist

=

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Exclusive video profiles on CBS... ejm92 02-18-03 1
 how did some of these people get on... survivorscott 02-18-03 2
   RE: how did some of these people ge... VanQ 02-18-03 3
 RE: Exclusive video profiles on CBS... big idiot 02-19-03 4
   RE: Exclusive video profiles on CBS... VanQ 02-19-03 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-18-03, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Exclusive video profiles on CBS website"
Just wanted to say thanks for the recap, I watched all of the videos twice and still didn't pick up some of the audio that you had, lol.........the one thing I did want to tell you is that Jenna is not a total vegetarian....she takes a big bite out of a bologna and cheese sandwich in her audition, and I believe we've heard from other sources that she isn't. Anyways, thanks for recapping everything for people who don't have video, I know I had video problems during S4 and would've appreciated recaps!

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-18-03, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "how did some of these people get on the show"
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-03 AT 05:14 PM (EST)

Very boring in some of them. You can hardly hear shawna at all. She is in a crowded noisy lobby and you can hear other people much louder than her.

Sorry realized this should be in bashers.

edited to say that this rant should be in bashers

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

02-18-03, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ Click to send private message to VanQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: how did some of these people get on the show"
Actually Survivorscott, I think you were referring to their audition videos. This summary was made from their 'exclusive video profiles', which were all taped in their hotel rooms just before they flew to the Amazon.
And I think I have to agree that the audition tapes were pretty lacklustre this year.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-19-03, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Exclusive video profiles on CBS website"
Van Q,

Great post/thread! Some info in there is REALLY useful. I have to submit an entire boot list into my office pool today and I had two major concerns with it:
1) I did not have Rob in the final four, but with his weight loss should I put him there...you helped to confirm "no" for me.
2) I had Jeanne in the final four, but there were not any strong weight loss rumors, once again your post helped me feel better about this decision.

Thanks Van Q, off to submit my boot order now...

Cheers, BI

02-19-03, 01:16 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Exclusive video profiles on CBS website"
Hey BigI..thanks for the input! I found the same thing, it helped me make my decisions as well, especially about Rob.
The one person I couldnt justify being booted off early (per Chillone) was Joanna. But after seeing how EXTREME she is with her religion, I definitely think she will be a pre-merge goner.

Also really enjoyed hearing that a few of them have visited these boards for information.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •