The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 4: Trapped"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-18-03, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 4: Trapped"
Courtesy of Scott...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The complete listing will be:

Survivor: The Amazon
Trapped
60 min.
A fourth player is voted out. Jeff Probst is the host.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 4: Trapped Boilermaker 02-19-03 1
   RE: Episode 4: Trapped Loree 02-19-03 2
 RE: Episode 4: Trapped Loree 02-21-03 3
   RE: Episode 4: Trapped VerucaSalt 02-24-03 4
       RE: Episode 4: Trapped CardShark 02-24-03 5
           RE: Episode 4: Trapped lizziegirl 02-24-03 6
           RE: Episode 4: Trapped WildEel 02-25-03 7
               RE: Episode 4: Trapped big idiot 02-25-03 8
               RE: Episode 4: Trapped WildEel 02-27-03 13
       RE: Episode 4: Trapped Brownroach 02-25-03 9
           Trapped? Krautboy 02-26-03 10
               RE: Trapped? ShowMeTheWinner 02-26-03 11
 RE: Episode 4: Trapped KeithFan 02-26-03 12
 RE: Episode 4: Trapped ShowMeTheWinner 03-01-03 14
   RE: Episode 4: Trapped KeithFan 03-01-03 15
 RE: Episode 4: Trapped Krautboy 03-01-03 16
   RE: Episode 4: Trapped WatcherX 03-02-03 17
       RE: Episode 4: Trapped Krautboy 03-02-03 18
           RE: Episode 4: Trapped Thaibeach 03-03-03 19
           RE: Episode 4: Trapped Brownroach 03-03-03 23
   RE: Episode 4: Trapped Dougbie 03-03-03 20
       RE: Episode 4: Trapped lizziegirl 03-03-03 21
           RE: Episode 4: Trapped VerucaSalt 03-03-03 22
               CBS website update? iheartmagilla 03-03-03 24
                   Two Scenarios... Krautboy 03-03-03 25
                   RE: CBS website update? Q 03-03-03 26
                       RE: CBS website update? lizziegirl 03-03-03 27
   RE: Episode 4: Trapped frisky 03-03-03 28
       RE: Episode 4: Trapped Q 03-03-03 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-19-03, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
My two thoughts concerning this title are:

1.) Someone feels trapped on their tribe and feels it is just a matter of time before they get voted off. Possible swap offer similar to Survivor Thailand occurs and the trapped person takes the offer. My belief is that MB/JP love to try new ideas at least twice before changing/eliminating the idea.
2.) MB/JP trap the contestants into believing something will happen that doesn't. This causes a strategy shift for a Survivor. Similar to Shii's belief that a merge will occur when the tribes live together.

I'm sure we will know more soon.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-03, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
Or it could refer to one of the challenges and they have to free themselves from some sort of trap.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
Bump... because of duplicate thread

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-24-03, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
And we have clarification folks!

From next weeks tv guide...
One tribe goes on a group expedition, but purposely leaves behind a vulnerable member who then crafts a new strategy to survive.

CardShark 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-24-03, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CardShark Click to send private message to CardShark Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
Does anyone else think this is probably Christy?

lizziegirl 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-24-03, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizziegirl Click to send private message to lizziegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
Definitely could be Christy, but I think the vulnerable line is a set up so you think it is Christy. But it could also be a tribe member that is on the chopping block or feels like they are the next one to go.

WildEel 48 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-03, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WildEel Click to send private message to WildEel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
My money is on Daniel being left behind.

I'm guessing Christy will patch things up with her tribe in episode 3. Meanwhile, we've seen Daniel being ostricized by his tribe, so it's quite likely that he'll be left behind.

Anyways, because we're seeing this left behind player's strategy, it will most likely fail. I think this perfectly sets up a Daniel boot in episode 4.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-25-03, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
I agree WildEel.

Daniel was looking vulnerable in Episode 2. He looked sullen the whole stinkin' show. He seems to know that he is next already. So yup, he'll try to craft some great scheme, but if he is as bright as his tether-buddy Ryan, then his "craftiness" will be equivalent to a broken twig dipped in mud.

WildEel 48 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-03, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WildEel Click to send private message to WildEel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
Hrmm, it appears there's a good chance Daniel goes in episode 3, so I'm guessing the quote refers to Christy in episode 4.

Does this mean that she doesn't kiss and make up with her tribe in episode 3? If that's the case, and if Joanna does indeed go in episode 4, can be conjecture that here strategy actually works? I think that would be significant as a change in editing, successful strategies are usually hidden.

I guess it could also be Joanna on the outside, but i don't think it fits for her as well. She didn't seem to be too excluded in episode 2, even after her wild idol rant.

I really can't see this happening in the guy's camp if Daniel goes, unless some drastic stuff happens in episode 3. I guess we'll know soon enough...

02-25-03, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-03 AT 01:11 PM (EST)

Must be either Daniel or Christy, though I'm inclined to agree with those who think Christy will be "in" with the women as of Ep 3.

Ah yes, whenever I see the word "crafts" I'm reminded of Zoe and her shell bracelets...

Maybe the men go off fishing and leave Daniel behind. While they are gone he "crafts" something that he thinks will be of use to the tribe so they won't vote him off?

Or maybe Daniel takes the boat (the "craft") out by himself to catch some fish, while the men are off doing something else? You know, the Kel strategy.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-26-03, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Trapped?"
Or this version...

Christy is Trapped, but is freed by the swap in EP5?

What if Joanna goes this week because she challenged Deena (and her alliance) for leadership...that would leave Christy vulnerable next week and when left behind, she catches fish in order to become the food provider and increase her value to the tribe (her new strategy to survive).

Even if her strategy fails it doesn't matter because the guys go to TC in EP4 where they boot Daniel and in EP5, "Pick-up Sticks" , she's saved by the swap...

Rob gets Trapped?

Meanwhile the "critical decision" is made by the one "caught in the middle". Rob is "caught" playing both sides and must make a "critical decison" for his future survival...stick with the young guys, or make an alliance with the old guys to gain their trust and secure his position in the tribe?

Krautboy

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-26-03, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Trapped?"
Rob is "caught" playing both sides and must make a "critical decison" for his future survival...

Doubt that Rob is ever caught playing both sides, specifically by Roger. I posted on another thread about an article where Roger was supposedly shocked when he watched one of the episodes where Rob was shown confessing to be playing both sides.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-03, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
My gut feeling is that this is the same person who is "torn" in episode 3. They have to decide which way the wind is blowing and are "trapped" (perhaps regretably) with the decision they made. All signs point to Christy or Daniel at this point but who know anything because of editing.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-03, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
Anyone else thinks that Shawna's the one "Trapped" in this episode? She wants to quit the game but the B*tchy Boobies Brigade & Deena refuse to allow her to quit. Fits well with JP's comment about the differences of wanting to quit and being able to quit too.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-03, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
You're right I think she will be getting heavy doses of guilt spoon-fed to her like "if you quit, they'll vote me out next" and "do you want Jeanne and Joanna gaining the upper hand in the tribe?" I think we should rename Shawna "Chicago", a.k.a. the voting dead.

03-01-03, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
A BEREFT TRIBE MEMBER RETHINKS STRATEGY,
ON "SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON" THURSDAY, MARCH 6, ON CBS

"Trapped" – A tribe member, who seemingly has no allies, rethinks strategy, on SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON, Thursday, March 6 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

When one tribe goes out on a group expedition but pointedly leaves a vulnerable member behind, the bereft tribe member crafts a new strategy for survival. Separately, a new alliance in one of the tribes believes themselves to be unstoppable. But when an illness strikes one if its members, the power may be back up for grabs. Meantime, a dispute over chores at one camp leads some to assert that they will no longer contribute to the camp. While that tribe faces a bare, dysfunctional living situation, the other tribe celebrates a feast after winning the reward challenge.

And the fourth person is voted out of the tribe.

Matching this up with previous teasers, it confirms that the RC is won by the Tambaqui men.

Krautboy

WatcherX 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-02-03, 04:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WatcherX Click to send private message to WatcherX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
Trapped is the woman who said she wants out.

The chores dispute can only be with the guys team. They never took the time to feel themselves out and come together as a team, whereas the women have finally consolidated as one and have elected one of their members to delegate all the chores.

That's right: that means they guys go down 3-0 in reward challenges. They might win the next immunity challenge, but will eventually be down 4-2.

The 3 new alliance members are the 3 women who were bonding bare-breasted ... a little giddy over their (and the rest of the tribe's) lopsided victory in the last immunity challenge, and over being up 4-1. They're starting to get a taste for blood and talk's emerging about doing an all-out gendercide on the men. So they're positioning themselves for when it's all-women
down the line.

There will be no early swaps or merges. Instead, there might be a late merger or possibly none at all.

The producer early on let slip the possible outcome when talking about the risk of changing this over at the last minute to a battle of the sexes: a slaughter of the women would be a ratings nightmare, but an all-women outcome might not be as bad .

03-02-03, 11:04 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"

>The chores dispute can only be
>with the guys team.
>They never took the time
>to feel themselves out and
>come together as a team,
>whereas the women have finally
>consolidated as one and have
>elected one of their members
>to delegate all the chores.

Sorry Watcher, you must have missed the teaser that referred to the women having the dispute:

"A dispute over chores leads one of the women to assert that she will not work. And while the women face a bare camp, the men celebrate with a feast.

...and if it's Joanna, it gives Deena another reason to get rid of Joanna before a mercy boot for Shawna.

Krautboy

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-03, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
From the Ep4 preview at the end of last week's show, I thought it was pretty clear that Matthew/Skeletor was the one who was left behind at camp. That doesn't mean he's the one who's "trapped" - I agree that it may be an overly dramatic and misleading reference to sickly DAW Shawna who wants to quit but isn't "allowed to".

I hope, for her sake, because I kind of like her, that the woman who refuses to do chores isn't Christy. Sounds a lot like the 3-year-old tantrum she had in Ep2, where when Deena finally offered to help her, Christy huffed off that she was going fishing instead. That could result in her boot instead of that hypocritical beyotch Joanna...now THAT would be a shame.

03-03-03, 12:54 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
Now they've changed "one" to "some":

Meantime, a dispute over chores at one camp leads some to assert that they will no longer contribute to the camp.

Are we going to get another Christy/Joanna flare-up? KB, you pointed out the recycled Joanna cap in the Sunday preview -- I think the cap of Christy right below it may be recycled too. Why, I wonder...

Dougbie 29 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-03, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dougbie Click to send private message to Dougbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
Are we sure that the "bare, dysfunctinal living situation" is the Women's camp? We saw them catching big fish and the Men catching tiny ones? I agree that the shelter situation is pretty poor for the women, but they do seem to be doing better as far as the food situation goes.
I've watched TV programs where men have paid thousands of dollars to catch Peacock Bass like the one Joanna caught in the last episode. She is getting paid to catch them. LOL

Survivor -- The stupidest show that I LOVE to watch

03-03-03, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lizziegirl Click to send private message to lizziegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
They were catching the big fish with the bait they won. Maybe they ran out of bait, spilt it or some animal got into it. Therefore, no bait, no fish. Meanwhile, the men win RC and feast. Speculation, but could happen. Just because they have caught fish before, doesn't mean they continue to.

But here is a question, where is that pic of Joanna with the pineapple from. Also, in the "bad hygiene" clip, where did they get that fruit from?

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-03-03, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-03 AT 02:29 PM (EST)

Not much anything new here but it is the newest

Edited to take out further message

iheartmagilla 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-03-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iheartmagilla Click to send private message to iheartmagilla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "CBS website update?"
Hello all,

I am new to posting but have enjoyed gleaning your information for some time!

Just visited the CBS website a minute ago and saw this under their previews for this week:

"A dispute over chores leads one of the women to assert that she will not work. And while the women face a bare camp, the men celebrate with a feast of fish they caught at their beach."

This could mean that the men's feast has nothing to do with the reward challenge...? It just stood out to me.

03-03-03, 03:25 PM (EST)
25. "Two Scenarios..."
Welcome IHM! Glad you decided to join us...

We have speculated elsewhere that after being left behind, the strategy that Matthew "crafts" may be to become the tribe's food provider and preparer...the storyline for this has been set up in previous episodes showing Matthew cooking fried Manioc cakes, and last week fish (with comments from Rob poking fun at Matthew's culinary skills).

Left behind, he may decide he needs to become valuable and prove his worth. He catches fish and prepares a feast in an attempt to assure his survival (much like Richard Hatch in S1.

Others have speculated that the Pirannah Challenge is for Immunity and Matthew is "pointedly" left behind (on the beach and not in the boat, because of his fish cleaning skills as a chef) to craft a strategy for survival( winning the IC). It's possible they may be allowed to keep the fish they catch on "their challenge beach" and the men celebrate their victory with a feast of boiled pirannah that Matthew prepares...

Krautboy

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-03-03, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: CBS website update?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-03 AT 03:29 PM (EST)

Just checked, and your right, it says they catch fish on their beach. This could of course be while the one (matt) is left alone, or he catches them while alone?

Thoughts?

Edited cause Krautboy beat me to it with his ideas. But I think Matt has to be tied into catching these fish as a strategy to stay in the game. Then they feast, get energy, sweep challenges and he is engraciated with the tribe members.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

03-03-03, 03:35 PM (EST)
27. "RE: CBS website update?"
hmmm.... the piranaha thing is definitely a challenge. Maybe if it is a reward challenge, the losers have to give what fish they did catch to the winning the team. You win if you catch the most fish. Kind of a kick in the teeth to the losing team, but at least CBS gets out of sucking in some other sponsor to supply a reward for the reward challenge.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-03, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
>>Meantime, a dispute over chores at one camp leads some to assert that they will no longer contribute to the camp. While that tribe faces a bare, dysfunctional living situation, the other tribe celebrates a feast after winning the reward challenge.

On another thread I suggested that this scenario is very close to one put out there by CO. He said that one of the women gets ornery about accusations that she isn't contributing to chores, so she rebels by going nude (an odd form of rebellion, indeed, unless of course you are a DAW who is hoping to be "discovered" on a reality TV show by porn producers and nudie mag magnates).

I think at least one woman will go "bare." I don't think the word "bare" refers to the women's camp because they are catching more fish than the guys.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-03-03, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Episode 4: Trapped"
Hmmmm...

Perhaps Ghandia returns for a nekkid, dysfunctional romp through the camp.

OK, I'll go now.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •