The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Anthony? He's just not that good."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-07-05, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Anthony? He's just not that good."
I hate the Teen Idol factor that goes into every one of these shows. There's always someone who is CLEARLY less talented than the rest of the contestants *cough* Josh *cough* *cough* Red, but seem to get by more on their looks and their "Cory" factor (yeah, I'm dating myself with that comment).

I mean I have nothing against the guy. He has a great story, a good (if not consistent) voice and seems nice enough - but he is just not of the same class of the people left in the competition....and yet to my knowledge he has still not landed in the bottom three yet.

Sorry, but this guy just ain't that good. It would be a shame to see someone eliminated with actual talent rather than this potential Tiger Beat cover-boy.

That is all.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Anthony? He's just not that go... DontGetMeStarted 04-07-05 1
 RE: Anthony? He's just not that go... geekboy 04-07-05 2
   RE: Anthony? He's just not that go... PagongRatEater 04-07-05 3
       RE: Anthony? He's just not that go... Flairmarq 04-07-05 4
 RE: Anthony? He's just not that go... Drive My Car 04-07-05 5
   RE: Anthony? He's just not that go... seahorse 04-07-05 6
       RE: Anthony? He's just not that go... true 04-08-05 7
           RE: Anthony? He's just not that go... mrc 04-08-05 9
               RE: Anthony? He's just not that go... Breezy 04-12-05 14
                   RE: Anthony? He's just not that go... mrc 04-12-05 17
       RE: Anthony? He's just not that go... PagongRatEater 04-08-05 8
       Completely disagree PhoenixMons 04-12-05 16
   RE: Anthony? He's just not that go... chiara 04-21-05 18
 RE: Anthony? He's just not that go... Tahj 04-11-05 10
   RE: Anthony? He's just not that go... nailbone 04-11-05 11
       RE: Anthony? He's just not that go... PagongRatEater 04-12-05 12
       RE: Anthony? He's just not that go... Bebo 04-12-05 13
       RE: Anthony? He's just not that go... Tahj 04-12-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-07-05, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Anthony? He's just not that good."
Don't you like those Euro Rico Sauve' hip rolls?
MMMMM bay bee
It's like he is trying to channel Fabio- and Fabio is fighting it!

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-07-05, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Anthony? He's just not that good."
I think a lot of people fell in love with Anthony during the audition phase. I have to admit, at that point he had one of the few memorable voices/stories.

BUT...

Fast forward to the top 12, and he simply cannot compete vocally. His vocal range is obviously limited, and style-wise, he's not that versatile.

You're right, he's outclassed.

And I do have to comment that Josh was way better than Anthony...no comparison there. Red, yes, Josh - no.

geekboy

04-07-05, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Anthony? He's just not that good."
Josh has gotten better than Anthony, once he chose a genre and stuck with it. But he was awful at points when he was on the show.

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-07-05, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Anthony? He's just not that good."
I agree that in the beginning that Anthony was very likeable and could sing very well. I think its that he needs to...

1) pick better songs
2) singer an octive higher

The reason why he is still around--the tween girls love him, and I would assume the grandma faction as well. This vote will fade in a few weeks and Anthony will be gone.

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-05, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Anthony? He's just not that good."
I will be power voting for Anthony.
What? He isn't that good?
Well of course he isn't, but I'm mad about Nikko, and someone has to pay.
If more people had voted for Nikko, we wouldn't have to sufer with Anthony.
Boy Band Kid gets my votes now.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-05, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Anthony? He's just not that good."
Nikko's problem was that he basically totally copied the original recording and was not original at all. Nikko was the closest thing to a good karaoke singer in the group.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-05, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Anthony? He's just not that good."
You keep saying that, but it's really a load of crap. Nikko was the only contestant, other than maybe BO, who has any identity or originality. I can link some reviews by experts in music if you'd like, or you can just continue to parrot Simon.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-05, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Anthony? He's just not that good."
I agree with the horse. Nikko doesn't sound like anything but a pale imitation of what is on the radio nowadays. Having said that, he didn't deserve to go this week.

A Nefarious Dice Creation

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-05, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Anthony? He's just not that good."
I agree with MRC.

Anthony will hang around for two more weeks, maybe. Just like John from last season.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-05, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Anthony? He's just not that good."
And this? is why you are great in my book.

A Nefarious Dice Creation

04-08-05, 08:20 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Anthony? He's just not that good."
Nikko was up and down too, but I think he was among the best singers this week. He had no legitimate shot at winning but this was not his time to go. I thought his One Hand, One Heart WAS original sounding and very well done. I've never really been a fan of his, but this week he was very, very good.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-12-05, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Completely disagree"
Nikko is (was *sniffle*) hardly just doing imitations of the original. I think the only reason people are getting that from him is because they either don't know the songs that he's singing, they are associating the songs with the artists because the songs are almost all very recent, or they look at his 'style' (urban/hip hop) and think that he must be just like every other hip hop-infused R&B artist on the radio.

The only time Nikko remotely sounded like the artist was when he did Tevin Campbell the week before last. He has a Tevin Campbell quality to his voice (a crisp/clean sound) and the arrangement was, if I'm remembering correctly, similar to the original. But he certainly is not copying the original...not by any stretch. I know and am quite familiar with every single song he's sang (R&B is my genre of choice and I'm a huge fan of musicals) and aside from Nikko being BY FAR the most consistent of the top 12 in their top 12 performances, he's had the most variety in his song selections and his execution of said songs.

Granted I'm biased in favor of Nikko, but the reason I liked him in the first place was because of his excellent voice and the way in which he put himself into each song (personality/style). Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but I really have to strongly disagree.

Got blog?

chiara 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-21-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chiara Click to send private message to chiara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Anthony? He's just not that good."
I don't understand your logic. I agree that Nikko should not have went home he was orginal and had a great R&B style and voice. But do you really think that the other contestants should not win because your angry that he left? I think that there are other great contestants on the show that you would do justice to vote for, but of course it is your vote and you should do what you want. Instead of making it a negative that Nikko went home turn it into a positive for voting for someone who really deserves to win!

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-11-05, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Anthony? He's just not that good."
I personally think Anthony is better than we're seeing, for whatever reason and he will prove it once he's out on his own.

Moves courtesy of Syren

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Anthony? He's just not that good."
So do you think he's throwing this competition to get a better deal elsewhere?

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

04-12-05, 11:35 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Anthony? He's just not that good."
* snort! *

You are one funny dude.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-05, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Anthony? He's just not that good."
It worked for Willy Hung.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-12-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Anthony? He's just not that good."
So do you think he's throwing this competition to get a better deal elsewhere?

Heh. He might be better off.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •