The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wow this was a tough episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-23-02, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wow this was a tough episode"
All the teams that I hate racing for the last spot. I'm kind of glad to see Heave go (to see Heave heaved?) but I enjoyed laughing at Eve's tears. Or was it Heather? I was truly hoping that A/A would be last even though I initially voted for them as the winners of the whole thing. And did you see the hypocritical Aaron saying that the didn't want to win this way? They were smirking when Phil told Heave that they were eliminated. Hopefully A/A will get there comeuppance soon.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 You can always tell a Harvard man..... StarvingButStrong 10-23-02 1
   RE: You can always tell a Harvard m... anotherkim 10-23-02 2
       RE: You can always tell a Harvard m... SaphireLady 10-23-02 3
       RE: You can always tell a Harvard m... ELCinOhio 10-24-02 4
           RE: You can always tell a Harvard m... Querko 10-24-02 6
               RE: You can always tell a Harvard m... ELCinOhio 10-24-02 7
               RE: You can always tell a Harvard m... Esbea 10-24-02 8
 RE: Wow this was a tough episode AUJoey 10-24-02 5
 Episode 4 thoughts trigirl 10-24-02 9
   Not a lot of True Spoilers on this ... Wacko Jacko 10-24-02 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

StarvingButStrong 74 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-23-02, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarvingButStrong Click to send private message to StarvingButStrong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "You can always tell a Harvard man....."
Let's hear it for Harvard! Two of their grads between them couldn't figure out the 4-letter word "walk."

Good episode, I thought, though tough the Double Brother alliance to have to wait at the trainstation while every single other team caught up with them.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-23-02, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: You can always tell a Harvard man....."
that just bites--I guess it keeps the game close and therefore viewers stay tuned, but it does seem horrible unfair that Ian Teri caught up with the Brother Teams.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-23-02, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: You can always tell a Harvard man....."
I think that the girls were in such a hurry to get to the destination that they did not read the clue carefully, and once they did it was kind of oops, now what, guess we stick to what we are doing and hope the walk means from the curb to the door. Bad move but one that we all could make at some time when tired and stressed. I for one will miss them. I really wanted to see the gripe team of the double A's to leave.

ELCinOhio 215 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-24-02, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ELCinOhio Click to send private message to ELCinOhio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: You can always tell a Harvard man....."
At least this time they waited 3 episodes before a HUGE BUNCH. Maybe that is a slight change, they won't super bunch every episode, so while they are in Europe they spread out, then get bunched again before moving on to SE Asia.

I remember a post with a comment from Phil, where in 1 72 hour strech all he got was a 1 hour nap on an 8 hour bus ride. I have a feeling that happens in the next couple of episodes

Querko 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-24-02, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Querko Click to send private message to Querko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: You can always tell a Harvard man....."
I think this past episode was the one where he get's no sleep. That 72 hour ordeal. He must have gotten in there late . Becuase he had to wait for Dennis and Andrew in the episode a week before, he was a whole day+ behind

ELCinOhio 215 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-24-02, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ELCinOhio Click to send private message to ELCinOhio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: You can always tell a Harvard man....."
I don't think it has happened yet.

First off- D and A were only about 12 hours behind, not a day+

Second all the teams bunched up with their 12 hour layover. I am sure the by the time everyone left Scotland, DnA had already been elminated (it was daylight)

Add in that Phil goes directly to the PitStop, and the rest had to go to Location A, then B, plus take a train, I'm guessing he got lots of rest this episode

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-24-02, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: You can always tell a Harvard man....."
They really werent that far behind. Teri and Ian got to the castle at 5:28 and Dandy got there about 10:30. It looks like the "fast" forward really WOULD have been beneficial to a team that was in the running, it shaved HOURS off of Dandys losing time.

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, youre still a rat"

AUJoey 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-24-02, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AUJoey Click to send private message to AUJoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Wow this was a tough episode"
Episdoe 4 thoughts:

I was very happy with the bunching in this episode. It's the first time I can remember where all the teams were virtually dead even and I loved the mad dash to the finish line. Glad that CBS didn't disappoint with the "ending you won't believe" bit, unlike what Survivor did with last week's episode and the whole attacked by a sea creature thing...barely an impact.

Anyway, bunching is good once in a while, and we got some real competing with it this episode, though I can't figure out why JVJ still can't push their way up! I love this team and I hope they make a move pretty soon.

I won't bother to comment on Eve's non-stick driving and thier stupidity over walk vs. take a cab...I think most of you have said all that needs to be said on that. But Eve making team Firecop help with the wine crates before she would move the car was sneaky and just made me dislike her even more. Heather I was actually starting to like a little but Eve needed to go.

Flo is starting to irk me, and am I the only one who detects absolutely no romantic chemistry between her and Zach? Maybe we just aren't seeing it, but they seem more like brother/sister than will they/won't they.

Surpised none of the lagging teams went for the FF right out the gates. I'm glad though, because of, again, the good bunching. I loved the Roadblock this episode...mainly because of the Portuguese soccer players...*ahem*...We're seeing more of Mike and Kathy, which is good, because I'm starting to like them now. I'm glad they weren't bitching at each other when they thought they were last and Michael even offered to carry her bag. Good man. (incidentally, what do they do, ask for the most inept cab drivers they can find?)

Everyone in the brother hating alliance needs to get their priorities straight. Hopefully AA will be somewhat humbled by their near elimination.

Ok, I know I'm going long, but, if you'll indulge...a few random thoughts from a gay boy:

I adore Ken and Gerard. I hope my brother and I are that close in 10 years.

Phil's Portuguese sailor co-greeter: yum-E!

John Vito looked totally hot last night. I think it was the baseball shirt. Aaron said it best...JV is a big hulk of meat!

Anyone catch Derek to Drew (or vice versa) about the wine barrel rolling? "You really man-handled that thing!" Last week the thing about making better use of the pole and now this? Gotta love the homo-erotic twins.

Finally, next week promises fun with diesel. I suppose it's too much to hope for that this will involve John Vito taking on the FF in which he has to pin down Vin Diesel three times in a nude oil-wrestling match...what? The stuff you put in your car? DAMN!!!

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-24-02, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Episode 4 thoughts"
John Vito and Vin Diesel...isn't that a yummy picture. I'd bet the 'Rambette' could take on Vin. I am really starting to like JvJ, they are flying UTR which I hope is a good thing.

The Bro's all missed the path from Dunnottar to Stonehaven. They are lucky they got bunched at the airport, because it gave the 'alliance' a leg-up. I have taken that path and it does cut off a lot of time.

BTW, Dunnottar Castle is one of my favourite places in the world. It is the castle they used in Mel Gibson's 'Macbeth' (with a little computer jiggory).

Detour decisions - again, the shortest route was the correct route. Why does everyone keep trying to do the fastest and farthest thing! Especially Eve...what were you thinking?!

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-24-02, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Not a lot of True Spoilers on this site"
that's ok. Because with all the spoilers on survivor I just wanna watch this show.

I just wish Aaron would exit the show quick. I am so sick of this little girly butt.

If anybody but Aaron wins i will be happy.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •