The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Heidi the food smuggler?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-14-03, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Heidi the food smuggler?"
On the previews for next week we were told that someone may have smuggled food into the womans camp. Acoording to the CBS web sight we are told it is a Granola bar.
On the extra interview footage on the same websight Heidi is shown eating triscuts and a "fruit bar"
Smoking gun? or pure coincidence?
I honestly don't think she is the type to try and "smuggle" something in. If it is her I am willing to beleive it was accidental.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Heidi the food smuggler? ejm92 02-14-03 1
   RE: Heidi the food smuggler? LurkerJo 02-14-03 2
   RE: Heidi the food smuggler? chacha 02-20-03 28
 RE: Heidi the food smuggler? LadyT 02-15-03 3
 RE: Heidi the food smuggler? dajaki 02-15-03 4
   RE: Heidi the food smuggler? Survivorerist 02-16-03 7
 RE: Heidi the food smuggler? ejm92 02-15-03 5
 I vote for Joanna IslandFever 02-15-03 6
 RE: Heidi the food smuggler? PepeLePew13 02-16-03 8
 RE: Heidi the food smuggler? survivor_matt 02-16-03 9
   RE: Heidi the food smuggler? phonarr 02-17-03 11
 Janet anyone? tribephyl 02-16-03 10
   RE: Janet anyone? Loree 02-17-03 12
       RE: Janet anyone? Q 02-18-03 13
           RE: Janet anyone? dabo 02-18-03 20
   RE: Janet anyone? mistofleas 02-18-03 14
       We'll never know Krautboy 02-18-03 15
           RE: We'll never know jkokoj 02-18-03 16
               RE: We'll never know Brownroach 02-18-03 18
           RE: We'll never know mistofleas 02-18-03 17
               RE: We'll never know Krautboy 02-18-03 19
                   RE: We'll never know dabo 02-18-03 21
           RE: We'll never know Mrs Burnett 02-18-03 22
               RE: We'll never know Krautboy 02-18-03 23
                   RE: We'll never know Mrs Burnett 02-18-03 24
 RE: Heidi the food smuggler? survivornmolekook 02-20-03 25
 RE: Heidi the food smuggler? survivornmolekook 02-20-03 26
 RE: Heidi the food smuggler? Rebel Crown 02-20-03 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-03, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Heidi the food smuggler?"
That was the first thought that crossed my mind when I saw the video on the site.....I wouldn't put it past her. I doubt Joanna, Deena, Jeanna, Janet, or Jenna would, they all seem to know how the game works.....my money is on Shawna or Heidi.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

LurkerJo 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-14-03, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LurkerJo Click to send private message to LurkerJo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Heidi the food smuggler?"
In the video profile for Joanna, they show a bag of snacks that her friends gave her as a send off. Maybe she had some granola bars in there as well.

Jo

chacha 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-20-03, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chacha Click to send private message to chacha Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Heidi the food smuggler?"
I know Heidi and She is one to follow the rules. I definitely do not think she would bring food in.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-15-03, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Heidi the food smuggler?"
I think it's Heidi as she has the cleaveage to hide it in

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-15-03, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Heidi the food smuggler?"
How is it possible that the Survivors can smuggle food in? Wouldn't MB&Co. check personal belongings to make sure no snacks, electrolyte powders, protein bars, etc. get in? I'm betting that the granola bar is a plant to stir up trouble OR it is what was in the mystery box discussed in another thread. Perhaps a couple of the girls got the key in tree-mail while the others were fishing, opened the box and started snacking without the others a la Clarence and Diane.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-16-03, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Heidi the food smuggler?"
>>>Wouldn't MB&Co. check personal belongings to make sure no snacks, electrolyte powders, protein bars, etc. get in?<<<

Yeah, but I also wouldn't put it pass them to conveniently "overlook" something just to stir the pot a little.

(Another IceCat original )

The Top 5 FLL Castaways

1. Neleh Dennis (11 weeks at #1)
2. Colby Donaldson (5 weeks at #1)
2. Helen Glover (5 weeks at #1)
4. Amber Brkich (4 weeks at #1)
4. Lex Van Den Burghe (4 weeks at #1)

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-03, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Heidi the food smuggler?"
Could always be the crew leaving things behind. Then again, they are supposed to be fired if any trace is left, and MB has a crew that has been around for a long time, so I doubt it'd be them. Probably just another Kel situation. After reviewing everything, it could be Joanna who brings it. The evidence from her hotel room, as well as the fact that she is rumored to be voted off pre-merge, and other than the excessive praising, I don't see any reason she'd go. This could be a possibility....

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-15-03, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IslandFever Click to send private message to IslandFever Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "I vote for Joanna"
I really like Joanna but noone feels she goes far. Plus her face is shown several times in the previews. Another witch hunt a la Kel.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-03, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Heidi the food smuggler?"
I think we can eliminate this as a lead suggesting that whoever did some food smuggling will lead to that person getting booted. CBS/MB frequently use misdirection as a tool to take us away from the real bootee -- we've got our easy bootee out of the way, it'll get more challenging from here on.

IMO, it's just a bunch of smoke to take us away from a MALE getting the boot (i.e. Daniel) and what will probably happen is a bunch of yakking about whatever it is in the box, then everyone just shrug their shoulders and forget about it because nobody will admit to it.

If there IS somebody to be fingered for this trangression, it won't be Heidi. Spoilers indicate that she loses 23 pounds and has to be hospitalized after the game -- she's going relatively far, at least post-merge, and someone blamed for bringing in food whether it's real or imagined isn't going to last long in the game because of trust issues.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

survivor_matt 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-16-03, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivor_matt Click to send private message to survivor_matt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Heidi the food smuggler?"
I found this on cbs,(the stars point out the important part)

ON THE NEXT SURVIVOR

With the gender war getting more heated, the men's tribe stays high and dry during a downpour, while the women are soaked and miserable.

******The discovery of a "mystery" granola bar leads to a tense guessing game for the women. Who snuck in the food with them? The accusations fly and threaten to send the tribe over the edge.***********

Roger, the men's tribe elder, locks horns with his younger tribemates. While some stew, others lay secret plans to oust the combative Survivor.

The battle of the sexes hits a fevered pitch as both tribes struggle during a crucial Immunity Challenge.

so we now no for sure it was a granola bar.

phonarr 29 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-03, 03:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail phonarr Click to send private message to phonarr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Heidi the food smuggler?"
Good point, but was there a teaser from S5 that didn't lead to an anti-climax?

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-03, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Janet anyone?"
It may be a stretch.
Yet one of the last lines from the Jaburu in Ep.1 is how Janet is feeling better. I understand the good feelings one would get from winning a challenge. But, would it cure you from being sick.
From the conversations and confessionals, it was my understanding that Janet was at the lowest she's ever felt. Heidi even tried to stir up empathy by saying, to Jenna, in front of Janet "just imagine how you and I feel, but sick".

How does her sickness get cured by running through a challenge, exerting herself completely, all while surrounded by jungle brambles, shouting teammates and stifling humidity.

I'm just wondering, if winning a challenge works or if she was the one who snuck the granola bar(s) in. Giving her much needed fuel.
She might have known something like this would happen to her, a woman of her age, and knew from the beginning how she would hide it/them. Plausible? Probable?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-03, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Janet anyone?"
I also found that interesting that Janet was feeling better after running the challenge. She should have been collapsing. It does make a person wonder if she had extra energy because she ate something the others didn't.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-18-03, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Janet anyone?"
Could it simply be an adrenalin rush? That gave her a little boost and helped her to get over the hump so to speak. Meaning that she got all juiced up during the challenge, then on their return to camp she was able to start drinking more water and eating more of that stuff they gave them?

Just wondering because a boost in her confidence and an adrenalin high could give her just what she needed until her body became better adjusted to the situation she was in?

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-03, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Janet anyone?"
Let's not forget that medical personnel are available on site to attend to cuts and scrapes and other infirmities. If Janet were suffering from dehydration, for example, they would have treated that there (or transported her to a medical facility for a quick treatment and then return her to the game). Sometimes, when you're sweating a lot, a few salt tablets washed down with a bit of cold water and a bit of rest, you bounce right back. This is why I would never vote off a sick player simply for being sick, unless they wanted to go; but don't go by me when trying to figure out what any of these players will do.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-03, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Janet anyone?"
I don't think it's a stretch at at tribephyl. I was thinking pretty much the same thing here. (Great minds huh?)

I do think that MB would easily "overlook" something like a granola bar. Look at what the beef jerkey scandal gave him.

Perhaps he wants to see if he can get a villian out of this situation too. You know, the person who really gets angry about "the smuggling" and pushes the person to fess up. Someone slightly bossy...someone who's used to grilling people, someone who has made a career of "prosecuting" wrong doers...*cough*deena*cough*, someone who, like a dog with a bone, will make sure that "justice" is served.

--*coughs*deena*coughs*

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-18-03, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "We'll never know"

"The accusations fly and threaten to send the tribe over the edge."

This is the typical preview teaser that we get in a situatioon that never amounts to anything. We will see suspicion, accusations, and in the end it no one will admit to it and the tribe will move on...

Krautboy

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-18-03, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: We'll never know"
Once again good points KB. This is misdirection to lure us away from a possible boy boot. The spoilers have been close in who goes second.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-03, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: We'll never know"
>>This is misdirection to lure us away from a possible boy boot.<<

But then we also have this misdirection to lure us away from a possible girl boot:

Roger, the men's tribe elder, locks horns with his younger tribemates. While some stew, others lay secret plans to oust the combative Survivor.

We have vidcaps of all 7 remaining men at 3 different yet-to-be-seen challenges. At least one of these challenges must occur later than Ep 2. So one of the ladies has to go this week.

It may or may not be because of the granola bar. I wouldn't be surprised if tribephyl's speculation above is correct -- Janet is the culprit. Whether she is or not, or whether they even find out, I think she will be voted out.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-03, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: We'll never know"
Krautboy, I'm in agreement that this is a typical teaser and more likely than not, nothing will come of this, however I do think this will help us see "true" personalities emerge. Nothing like accusations flying to bring out peoples colors.

And I really think that Deena is going to play a good sized role in this upcoming episode. Being an assistant DA is something that you can't just toss aside when leaving the courthouse.

Trust me, I've gone to dinner with plenty of them!

--tells krautboy, it's been since sometime last season that she told him "Ich liebe dich", so him telling him right off this season!

02-18-03, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: We'll never know"
Mistofleas, you always make me blush...but I look forward to flirting with you again this season.

I agree that false accusations will be the catalyst that starts to form alliances. The "young chick alliance" may be formed as the accusers or as the accused, but in either case the battle lines will be drawn...

Krautboy

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-03, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: We'll never know"
Sounds good! So, another player going to flub up in their area of expertise, perhaps? Happens every time.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Mrs Burnett 13 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-03, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mrs%20Burnett Click to send private message to Mrs%20Burnett Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: We'll never know"
In Jeff P's radio interview on Friday the 14th I think he said something about still not knowing where the mystery wrapper came from. So I too think "we'll never know".

02-18-03, 10:53 PM (EST)
23. "RE: We'll never know"
Welcome Mrs. Burnett! Does your hubby know that you are a closet spoiler!?

Krautboy

Mrs Burnett 13 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-03, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mrs%20Burnett Click to send private message to Mrs%20Burnett Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: We'll never know"
Are you kidding??? It's dark in this closet.
Mrs. B

survivornmolekook 37 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-03, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivornmolekook Click to send private message to survivornmolekook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Heidi the food smuggler?"
as mentioned on another thread one of christy's favorite snack foods is granola bars! no one is accusing her of this...but should we be?

survivornmolekook 37 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-03, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivornmolekook Click to send private message to survivornmolekook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Heidi the food smuggler?"
just found this on survivorfever.net---

VoiceOver:
VO: Last week the Battle of the Sexes began. And the men lost.
Roger: It's pathetic.
VO: Thursday they go to extremes to win back their pride.
Matt: This could become very disturbing.
Jeanne: Dog eat dog.
VO: But the women have a plan to keep kicking butt.
JoAnna: <holding fruit or food item> This is gooooodddd, thank you!

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-20-03, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Heidi the food smuggler?"
Food could be involved or be the reward for a challenge. Could one of the women smuggle a piece of the "reward" afterwards? I've seen pics with Christy raising her arms in joy-do they win the RC and the prize includes granola bars or whatever it is they find in the crate?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •