The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Allison the mentor"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Thumperko6 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-10-05, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thumperko6 Click to send private message to Thumperko6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Allison the mentor"
As I recall Ali was brought back to mentor.Well she has done nothing to help the house mates, instead she has pulled everyone down with her.I question her motives. Why is it she has no friends or boyfriends.Yes cancer is hard to deal with but she has doctors, unlike Jill who has tucked away her illness, Ali has gone to far with hers.She should be helping the others instead of talking behind thier backs and I think she's a spy for the coachs but twists the truth to fit her needs and put her in the center of the light.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Allison the mentor Snowflake1988 11-11-05 1
 RE: Allison the mentor Zephyr 11-12-05 2
   RE: Allison the mentor SeasonedRefinement 11-12-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snowflake1988 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-11-05, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snowflake1988 Click to send private message to Snowflake1988 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Allison the mentor"
I do not recall it ever being said that Allison was being brought back to mentor anyone. She may have appointed herself as token mentor, but that was not the intention for her return. She was brought back to deal with her own issues after she had all of her surgery to prevent a reoccurence of her cancer in her other breast, ovaries or uterus since she had a positive gene. Since her return, there have been many discoveries about Allison that were never mentioned in the previous season. She has a lot of work to do, and one of her issues is to stop caring for others and their business and focus on her own stuff. I don't think SO or IV can even begin to deal with the issues that will take her years of therapy to cope with.

Zephyr 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-12-05, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Zephyr Click to send private message to Zephyr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Allison the mentor"
Allison was not brought back to be a mentor. When she graduated last year, knowing that she would be facing new issues due to her upcoming surgeries, Iyanla offered her the option of coming back.

When Layne was made a mentor last year Allison said she was "so jealous I can't stand it!". She's acting like a mentor wannabe this year instead of working on her own problems.

Z

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-12-05, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Allison the mentor"
I don't remember Allison being offered the role of mentor either. I have a sneaking suspicion that her desire is to become a full-time, paid cast member of SO (she just looks TOO official offering her viewpoimts in that confessional...), but that's not going to happen. I think she has a lot to offer in terms of being supportive and, with the right therapy and training, I could even see her becoming a counselor. However, that will not come to fruition on the set of SO...and, IMO, it shouldn't.

Alot of Allison's current personality concerns me. Remember her blind date last season with the psych nurse? It was painful to watch. She laughed and scrunched her nose up as she basically confessed to him that she was a loser. She is a woman of unrealized potential. She's very articulate, intelligent, gentle , and some would even say attractive. I cannot believe that many men wouldn't want to spend their lives with a confident Allison - her breasts and health issues wouldn't be "THE" issue for others if it wasn't "THE" issue for Allison.

Her mother sounds like a HUGE problem. The things she said to Allison on the phone were cruel. "You'll have no friends when you come home" is mom's attempt to stop Allison from further airing the family's dirty laundry.

Cancer is a degrading and brutal disease. Its treatment can be as bad as the illness itself. This woman has been through a hell most of us haven't. I think viewers are beginning to lose their sympathy for Allison as she is shown repeatedly crying and saying that she is fat and ugly. It's time for her to go on with her life and continue with private therapy. Detaching from SO may prove to be yet another trauma in her life if she stays for much longer.

I would love her to get herself together and begin to truly enjoy the second half of her life.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •