The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 3: Girl Power"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-11-03, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 3: Girl Power"
courtesy of Scott:

The full listing for this episode will be:
Survivor: The Amazon
Girl Power
60 min.
A third player is voted out. Jeff Probst is the host.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 3: Girl Power Loree 02-11-03 1
   RE: Ep 3: Girl Power Brownroach 02-11-03 2
       RE: Ep 3: Girl Power Booted 02-11-03 3
   RE: Ep 3: Girl Power Bebo 02-11-03 4
       RE: Ep 3: Girl Power wendyp 02-11-03 5
       RE: Ep 3: Girl Power Booted 02-11-03 6
       RE: Ep 3: Girl Power Brownroach 02-11-03 8
 RE: Ep 3: Girl Power Q 02-11-03 7
 RE: Ep 3: Girl Power samboohoo 02-18-03 9
   RE: Ep 3: Girl Power Spidey 02-18-03 10
       RE: Ep 3: Girl Power Krautboy 02-18-03 11
           RE: Ep 3: Girl Power tribephyl 02-21-03 14
               RE: Ep 3: Girl Power Krautboy 02-21-03 15
                   RE: Ep 3: Girl Power lizzmac 02-21-03 18
                       RE: Ep 3: Girl Power Loree 02-21-03 19
       RE: Ep 3: Girl Power samboohoo 02-18-03 12
 RE: Ep 3: Girl Power bondt007 02-18-03 13
   RE: Ep 3: Girl Power VerucaSalt 02-21-03 16
 RE: Ep 3: Girl Power ShowMeTheWinner 02-21-03 17
 RE: Ep 3: Girl Power Brownroach 02-21-03 20
   RE: Ep 3: Girl Power VerucaSalt 02-21-03 21
       RE: Ep 3: Girl Power Brownroach 02-21-03 22
           RE: Ep 3: Girl Power VerucaSalt 02-21-03 23
       RE: Ep 3: Girl Power ShowMeTheWinner 02-23-03 25
           RE: Ep 3: Girl Power VerucaSalt 02-23-03 27
 from TVguide online... tribephyl 02-23-03 24
   Deena wins with "Girl Power" Krautboy 02-23-03 26
 CBS Press Release SurvivorBlows 02-23-03 28
   RE: CBS Press Release addictedtoSB 02-26-03 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-03, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
Alright if this ep is titled Girl Power can we then believe that the females win IC again and this is where Daniel gets voted out? Meaning the missing Ryan and Janet have already left. But the women regain their lead by forcing the men back to tribal council.

02-11-03, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
A very logical initial reaction, imo. I was musing on the same thing. We'll see...

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-11-03, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
Or... Could the woman win the first 2 immumnity challange, the first 2 reward challanges, get "cocky" with Girl power and then... the guys win the immunity?

Boot Ed

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-03, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
Or...this could be the first episode where the female tribe goes to TC, and we see that the "girls" (aka the younger folks) are the ones with the power as they vote out Janet.

Royalty, shmoyalty...EVIL rules!

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-11-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
Good Point Bebo!! Almost all ads say Men vs Women not girls vs boys. And in past show it have been highly talked about the younger survivors against the older ones.

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-03, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
Bebo:

Excellent analysis. I think this is very feasible. We will know in 9 days if it is right but it sounds good from here...

Boot Ed

02-11-03, 04:29 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
Interesting theory. I'm waiting to see what preview copy they add. For now I'm thinking that the women win both challenges in this episode.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-11-03, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
It seems like a strange title to me. It screams that the girls are in control, but I have a feeling about Misdirection here. I agree it could also point to them coming back from behind. But all of these options seem to give us too much info as to how the early game is going? Thoughts on that?

I am thinking something more along the lines of the girls get to change the game in some way. Meaning they win some challenge/game that allows them to change up teams or camps or something. I don't know how they would do this, or why?

Or do the Spice Girls show up?

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-03, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
Just visited True Dork Times, and there is something in the Ep. 3 preview about a q&a challenge between the boys and girls, where boys ask girls questions, and vice versa.

Sounds like the "girl power" is the women turning on the charm and using their bodies and flirting to their advantage. From what we've seen so far, the girls shouldn't have to work too hard.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-03, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-03 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

Just visited True Dork Times, and there is something in the Ep. 3 preview about a q&a challenge between the boys and girls, where boys ask girls questions, and vice versa.

In one of Jiffy's interviews he mentions this challenge (aksing each other quesions and flirting). In the same quote he says, at the next tribal council he asked the women about the men. Sounds like the women lose this IC? (Sorry, too lazy to find the exact quote.) But how does this fit with the Janet missing in Ep. 3 pics? Do the ladies go to TC 2 times in row?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-18-03, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
Joanna could be the victim of the "young chick alliance". "Girl Power" could refer to the GIRLS eliminating one of the WOMEN...

Krautboy

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
Right On KB.

Couldn't be closer.

The "girls" are Jenna, Heidi and Shawna...already seen bathing together. Ganging up on the "women" Joanna, Jeanne and Deena. Since the "girls" have the power...one of the 3 "women" gets the boot, in Ep.3.

tribephyl
How's that for no I's...doh?"

02-21-03, 02:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
Tribephyl: I also agree with your observation (in the misdirection thread) that Christy is the one "caught in the middle", but given that her least favorites are Joanna and Jenna, we have lots of evidence that tells us she chooses to target Joanna...

Krautboy

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizzmac Click to send private message to lizzmac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
This is basically just a "me too" post - sorry I don't bring anything more than that to the table - but I totally agree. I think "Girl Power" refers to the young of Jaburu - even more so after the misdirection about the tribal split along age lines.

I don't quite get why Christy would align with them, other than her tiff with Joanna. Or maybe it's Deena that sides with the younguns? She did vote the same way last night...

Lizzmac
truly embarrassed for her gender, after last night

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
Also Jeanne was the one telling Christy about how Joanna was acting about the idol. So I could see Jeanne voting against Joanna too. She seemed to want to get Christy angry at Joanna. So it would be hard for Jeanne now to try and influence Christy to vote to save Joanna.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-03, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
Thanks Spidey. With all of the information, it's so hard to keep track of everything. Maybe Q&A is the Reward Challenge. I know there's a lot pointing to either a Janet or Daniel boot in Ep. 2 and I'm leaning toward Janet. She was really struggling in Ep. 1, and maybe she's the one who throws in the towel, leaves at the Ep. 2 TC and is therefore missing from the pics in Ep. 3.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-18-03, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"

My first reaction was misdirection as well. All it takes is, at the beginning of the IC or RC, a female saying "...girl power..." and that would be that. Or even the guys saying something like "... we'll see about all of that girl power...". Any number or reasons for MB to use it to throw us off.

It looks to me like the female lose the Ep 3 IC...

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-21-03, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
We saw the cap of the 7 women walking and the men in the daytime and the clothing matches up and I don't see the idol with the men so I'm inclined to believe the RC is the Q and A we saw hints of for next week.

I'm inclined for now to go with Girl Power being feminine wiles over the men. The women are shown cleaning themselves up and we saw the teaser about them knowing what flirting etc can do. For no other reason but my initial take I see them bathing it up ready for the challenge b/c in the RC tree mail they read about a "mixer" and getting to know the men or something, etc and I can just see Jenna or someone saying let's get ourselves all cleaned up blah blah and use our "girl power" or something to that effect.

There was a mix up last night after I left the boards about CBS or something screwing up wording too so I don't know that this notation about "immunity" isn't a glitch as well.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-21-03, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
Yup... the title might be an ironic one, alright. Just take a look at how much girl power they have and what the girls have accomplished in their camp after ONE WHOLE WEEK!

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

02-21-03, 03:36 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
I think that Jaburu will sit around and have a serious heart-to-heart after last night's TC -- and they will make sure that Christy is privy to every word. Everyone will agree that more understanding and organization is in order.

So Deena will be elected to get things done. Privately we will see several of them grumble about this, but -- lo and behold! -- Deena will actually succeed in getting them to work together, and they will get a shelter built, finally, through sheer "Girl Power."

Then they will trot their "Girl Power" over to the Reward Challenge, where they will reduce the men to quivering piles of jello and proceed to take home their second reward.

To contradict my own post further up, though, I think their luck will run out at IC. And at TC they will vote out the person who does not want the Immunity Idol in their camp (that's certainly who I'd wanna get rid of)!

02-21-03, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
Whether this bears on ideas of alliances etc. Janet said in her chat that she saw an alliance forming of Shawna, Heidi, Jenna, DEENA.

She had try to strike one up with Christy, Joanna and bringing Deena it.

She also made it very obvious she could not stand Deena and obviously not crazy about Jeanne/granola bar. She seemed to much more diplomatic about Joanna and fond of Christy.

I don't necessarily believe (if it is the women referred to "old vs. young)is a split down the middle necessarily but perhaps one of the older people having it out with one of the younger people.

02-21-03, 05:12 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
>>I don't necessarily believe (if it is the women referred to "old vs. young)is a split down the middle necessarily but perhaps one of the older people having it out with one of the younger people.<<

I agree, but think that would be true of either tribe, Veruca.

Also in her chat, Janet, being a fan of "The Matrix", was asked who on the men's tribe would be her Neo (Keanu Reeves' character). Her answer: A toss-up between Ryan and Daniel.

Daniel is 100% on his way to Loser Lodge.

02-21-03, 05:44 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
Absolutely BR, just giving one example, it could go either way. My point being is that a lot of people are concentrating too hard on trying to figure out who is who in the old vs. young when I don't really think it encompasses the whole tribe so to speak.

And yes, I think I put somewhere stuff on Janet's chat and that did strike me mentioning Daniel and Ryan and personally I think it is going to be a Roger vs. Daniel scenario such as the Roger vs. Ryan scenario in Ep. 1. Not too mention the fact she (Janet) stated Deena, Shawna, Heidi and Jenna had an alliance and Deena is not someone who people are including in a young vs. old scenario.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-23-03, 06:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
She had try to strike one up with Christy, Joanna and bringing Deena it.

I thought Janet said she was trying to strike an alliance with Christy, Joanna, and Jeanne. And she said further that she thinks the other 4 girls (Jenna, Heidi, Shawna, and Deena) had an alliance of their own already.

This is why I'm thinking that the young vs. old thing is gonna happen with the male tribe. If the women had a 4-some alliance going already, I don't see why they needed to bring in 1 more person when they already have the numbers needed to control the votes in a 7-members tribe. I don't see the guys having a rock solid alliance yet whereas the girls have been confirmed to have a pretty much solid alliance going by day 6. This is substantiated from Rob's confessional that he was looking for a swing vote to try to vote Roger off. My guess of the swing vote is Alex or Dave.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

02-23-03, 07:08 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Ep 3: Girl Power"
SMTW, my error, it was JEANNE, Janet tried to bring into the alliance with Christy and Joanna but she had stated when the granola attack began, and Jeanne kind of implicated Janet, she figure Jeanne wouldn't be a part of it.

I think there is a lot of "stuff" being focused on the women for the teasers, I'm not so sure this is MB's classic misdirection (again) to bluff us out of not looking at the men being in the TC hot seat.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-03, 02:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "from TVguide online..."

Survivor: The Amazon
Girl Power
60 min.
The women's tribe elects a reluctant leader, while putting off a candidate who wanted the post. In the reward challenge, the two tribes get a chance to interact and the guys admit to having crushes on some of the ladies. Also: a third player is voted out. Jeff Probst is the host.

A slightly different bend, considering that someone wanted to be boss, yet did not get the votes. Jeanne? Joanna?

tribephyl

Sorry if this is posted already. I didn't see this anywhere else. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

02-23-03, 11:42 AM (EST)
26. "Deena wins with "Girl Power""
Thanks Tribephyl, I'm thinking Joanna is the one that wants to be the leader, Jeanne seems to like to operate behind the scenes. I could even see Jeanne encouraging Joanna, knowing that it will be her undoing...

This puts a little different spin on things:

The Episode Titles are normally selected to have multiple meanings, and "Girl Power" may also be referring to the internal struggle for power within the Jaburu tribe.

I've been trying to figure out a scenario that would lead Joanna to go in EP3 and this latest set of TV Guide Teasers seems to provide the answer...Deena and Joanna go head to head in the "election" and Denna, because of her alliance with the "young chicks" has "Girl Power"!

The tribe decides it doesn't need two leaders and gets rid of Joanna because of the conflict she causes. Christy obviously goes along.

Krautboy

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-03, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "CBS Press Release"
Sorry, I meant to post this a couple of days ago, not sure if it's still "news"

THE GIRLS GET ORGANIZED
ON "SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON" THURSDAY, FEB. 27

"Girl Power" – The women elect a team leader who has no desire to be put in that position, on SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON, Thursday, Feb. 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

In an effort to be better organized, the women delegate the one person who does not want to be the leader while simultaneously putting off the one who does. The reward challenge becomes an opportunity for the men and women to interact and the guys subsequently admit to their crushes. Back at the women’s camp, certain members have no qualms about bathing topless and promise they’ll do the same in front of the men to help secure their position in the future. And one person is caught in the middle of a battle between the young and the old.

And the third person is voted out of the tribe.

addictedtoSB 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-26-03, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail addictedtoSB Click to send private message to addictedtoSB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: CBS Press Release"
I just received a similar news release. The wording is a bit different.

THURSDAY ON SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON

When the women's tribe decides they need a leader, Deena is elected, but some hope she will destroy herself.

The Reward Challenge becomes an opportunity for the male and female tribes to interact, leading the men to speculate about which women they may have a chance with.

Heidi, Shawna and Jenna bathe topless and promise they'll do the same in front of the men, if necessary, to secure their votes in the future.

A battle between young and old emerges in one of the tribes, leading to a critical decision for one Survivor caught in the middle.

Don't miss all the action on Thursday at 8PM ET/PT!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •