The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling, Episode One"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-10-03, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling, Episode One"

Episode One

Well, it is that time again. I am so excited about the first SOTS of the season. I consider it an honor and, despite having most of the work done for me, a challenge. I decided to post this early to stimulate discussion and to help introduce the characters and setting to anyone who has not had a chance to get up to speed. All of you, my dear spoiler friends, have been very busy during the off-season. We almost have information overload and EPMB seems to be leaking quite a bit. I wonder if he is desperately trying to generate interest and keep ratings up. Hmmmmmm!

First and foremost, please review the spoiler board guidelines. If you are relatively new to this board and have not read them, please do so immediately. Sometimes newbies feel intimidated or feel that other posters are not kind to them, but we do have simple guidelines that help us all get along. Don't be intimidated, just well read.

It was a stormy night in the big jungle. A night that made you glad you were watching on television. The air reeked of trouble and I could tell it was going to take all the spoiler crew had, just to get through the night.

THE (UN)USUAL SUSPECTS

TAMBAQUI TRIBE:

Name: RYAN AIKEN
Hometown: Ellicott City, Md.

Name: ALEX BELL
Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif. (born in San Francisco, Calif.)

Name: ROB CESTERNINO
Hometown: Wantagh, N.Y.

Name: DAVE JOHNSON
Hometown: Pasadena, Calif. (born in Ellicott City, Md.)

Name: BUTCH LOCKLEY
Hometown: Olney, Ill. (born in St. Louis, Mo.)

Name: DANIEL LUE
Hometown: Houston, Texas

Name: ROGER SEXTON
Occupation: Vice President of Estimating for a construction company
Hometown: Valencia, Calif. (born in Oakland, Calif.)

Name: MATTHEW VON ERTFELDA
Hometown: Washington, D.C.

JABURU TRIBE:

Name: DEENA BENNETT
Hometown: Riverside, Calif.

Name: JEANNE HEBERT
Occupation: Director or Marketing for the New England Dairy Promotions Board
Hometown: North Attleboro, Mass.

Name: JANET KOTH
Hometown: Manchester, Mo. (born in Granite City, Ill.)

Name: SHAWNA MITCHELL
Hometown: Redwood City, Calif.

Name: JENNA MORASCA
Hometown: Pittsburgh, Penn.

Name: CHRISTY SMITH
Hometown: Basalt, Colo.

Name: HEIDI STROBEL
Hometown: Eldon, Mo.

Name: JOANNA WARD
Hometown: Orangesburg, S.C. (born in Niagara Falls, N.Y.)

You can get more insight into this cast by reading this thread regarding an interview with each of them by the Dallas News. By the way, the Dallas Morning News will be running a series of articles and the first lays out Ep. 1 (especially the IC) very clearly.

PROFILING
With the OFG theory waning in effectiveness, Krautboy tries to predict EPMB’s behavior and the results of cast selection in his Early Boot Profile.

THE CASE
Boys vs. Girls does not give away much.
TV Guide says:
Survivor: The Amazon Episode 1 Title: "Boys vs. Girls
Airdate: Feb 13 - 90 min.
"The reality series pits the guys against the gals, as the 16 players are divided into single-sex tribes for this sixth edition. The eight men and eight women are stranded in Brazil's Amazon rain forest near the Rio Negro, a piranha-infested river. The area is also teeming with jaguars, crocodiles and anacondas. "It's a beautiful but tough environment," says executive producer Mark Burnett. As for the same-gender tribes, Burnett says it heightened the sexual tension during challenges and reduced inhibitions at camp. "This series brings more sexy moments than ever in the past," he says. Jeff Probst hosts."

We had a good deal of discussion about next week's title Storms, as well. Of interest are the shenanigans at the TV Guide.

VIDEO EVIDENCE
As a frame work we have Krautboy's vidcap chronology. From an analysis of the video evidence that we have (and the clothing and situations in these vidcaps) it clearly appears that the first IC will be a team obstacle course. We also have a conspicuous absence of Ryan. It seems that Tambaqui will lose the first immunity challenge and boot Ryan. Other vidcaps are discussed in:
Bungler’s S6 E! Preview Vidcaps
Webby’s Survivor 6 - "Battle Of The Sexes" Commercial #1 Vidcaps
Webby’s "Versus" Mini Commercial Vidcaps Vidcaps
Bungler’s Early Show Vidcaps
Krautboy brought over these images from SFever on 1/24
Webby’s "Alex & Jenna" Commercial Vidcaps
Webby gives us a close up of the torches and tribal council ruins
Then there is New Feb 3rd Survivor 6 Promo, New Feb 6th "Next Thursday Just Got Bigger" Commercial, and New Feb 6th “Sex Symbol” Commercial
You had better have a broadband connection to download Webby’s MTV Preview as he has 120 images.
There are even a couple more vidcaps from TDT that jkokoj brought over.

You can pour over these to your heart's content, but they may not be that significant for the first episode.

OLD RELIABLE LEADS
We need to bookmark links like weight loss and Clothing list as they will continue to be important. For some on the board, the astrological approach is a reliable tool.

So far weight loss spoilers indicate:
Butch 31 lbs.
Heidi 23 lbs. (112-89)
Deena 30 lbs.
Jeanee 25 lbs.
Rob ?? (visibly thinner)
Matthew ?? (a lot of weight via MissingAmber at SS)
Dave (weight upon return indicates he doesn't make F4 and possibly gets the boot early)

As a side note, we have a lot of hype indicating that this will be an exciting season. EPMB indicates we will ALL be talking about the 90 minute opening of this season and Fester discusses his statement here. Jiffy says something about someone who essentially throws in their buff, and he tries to hype the sexual tension in this thread.

THE INFORMANT
Saving the best (or most controversial) for last, a poster (ChillOne) on another board (too goofy to be named) indicates that he went to the Amazon on vacation shortly after filming wrapped up and got a bunch of reliable inside information. He, of course, has built in a lot of plausible deniability (it was a translation problem or the staff was confused about the show) so I would take the information with a grain of salt, but here is the sure to become famous/infamous ChillOne thread. Basically, ChillOne gives us the first four and the final four, so don’t go if you don’t want to know (or not).

Well, I am sure even more information will come out this week because you guys are fantastic spoilers. EPMB tries so hard to keep his little secrets but you guys consistently ruin it for him. Anyway, the vote thread will be up soon. So go pick your favorite. Don't forget to participate in the SurvivorBlows Spoiler Island Game. I am sure there is more I could have included, but I felt like we had been given (and you guys had obtained) an incredible amount of information for Episode One. I hope this post is helpful and spurs on some good discussion that will solidify our discussion for this week. Good spoiling to all!

Beware the Bear! An IceCat Original, © 2002

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Lookin' Good Bear! IceCat 02-10-03 1
 I Must Agree! ejm92 02-10-03 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... survivorscott 02-10-03 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... katem 02-10-03 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... SurvivorBlows 02-10-03 5
 Outstanding! Krautboy 02-10-03 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... PepeLePew13 02-10-03 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... anotherkim 02-11-03 8
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... VerucaSalt 02-11-03 9
 Wow! Bebo 02-11-03 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... jkokoj 02-11-03 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Brownroach 02-11-03 12
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... snoocharoo 02-11-03 13
 Outstanding SOTS! lizzmac 02-11-03 14
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... dabo 02-11-03 15
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... bubbastan 02-11-03 16
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... RudyRules 02-11-03 17
 Fabulous darling... mistofleas 02-12-03 18
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Boilermaker 02-12-03 19
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... smrtNsassybnkr 02-12-03 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-10-03, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Lookin' Good Bear!"
Well done!

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-10-03, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "I Must Agree!"
Everything nice, neat, informative, and in order....wohoo!!! Thanks for a job well done, I am sure there will be news popping up this week, so you have a nice task ahead of you still, lol.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-10-03, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode One"
You set the bar high for the rest of us.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-10-03, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode One"
Nicely organized Bear. Thanks

(c) 2002, 03 GeorgiaBelle Creations, Inc. All rights reserved

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-03, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode One"
From one SB to another -- excellent job, thanks for getting us off to a strong start for the season!

-SB

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-10-03, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Outstanding!"
Thanks Bear, Outstanding job! Makes me proud to be part of the SBlows community.

Krautboy

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-03, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode One"
Looks fabulous, S-Bear! You've made it just about impossible for anyone else to top your effort and it's a tough thing to stay on top of everything with it being the first episode.

Nice linking, too, with all the contestants. Well done, overall!

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-03, 04:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode One"
Thank you! I haven't been able to keep up lately and this will be invaluable to me as I get ready to feed the obsession this week.

Great job, Bear.

Miscellaneous Ramblings

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-11-03, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode One"
Clapping every part of my body that can!! Great job!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-03, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Wow!"
I haven't been keeping up with the spoiler board off-season, but you made it easy to get back into the loop. And after doing one of these myself, I know that it's loads more difficult than it looks. I am so impressed by the clear and complete wrap-up of so much activity. Thanks!

Royalty, shmoyalty...EVIL rules!

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-11-03, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode One"
Awesome job! Thank you.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-03, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode One"
(whistling, cheering)

Great presentation, Bear -- we're all set to go now!

--Br

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-11-03, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode One"
Thanks Mr. Bear for keeping us in the loop. I have lost my appetite for Survivor and haven't been inspoilers for a while. Your SOTS made it easy and efficient to catch up.

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-11-03, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizzmac Click to send private message to lizzmac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Outstanding SOTS!"
SurvivaBear, GREAT job! It must be especially daunting to be first, but you did a wonderful job and I (as one who has been away for several weeks and am scrambling to catch up) appreciate the effort!

Lizzmac

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-03, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode One"
Excellent SOTS, thanks for starting the season off on the right foot!

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

bubbastan 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-11-03, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bubbastan Click to send private message to bubbastan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode One"
Excellent job, Mr. Bear! You had a lot of ground to cover, from the off-season up to the present, and you managed to pull it into one cohesive and easy to follow thread. Thanks!

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-03, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode One"
Well Done Bear!
Nice and organized with good links. Also, nice contestant pics and links to their info.

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-03, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Fabulous darling..."
Thank you so much for this SOTS. The contestant links were wonderful and everything all neat and orderly. I find the SOTS threads invaluable throughout the season and you dear Bear kicked it off with a bang!

--bows in admiration for ALL SOTS writers

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-12-03, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode One"
Bravo! Well done. Exciting to be only one day away from interesting reality television again, and this was a great way to get me ready for season 6.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-12-03, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode One"
Way to go bear! Thanks for the SOTS and WOO HOO .....Survivor starts tomorrow!!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •