The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 2: " Storms""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-05-03, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 2: " Storms""
Thanks to Scott...

--------------------------------------
Episode 2: Storms
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Episode titles so far:
Ep1, Feb 13: Boys vs Girls (tvguide.com)
Ep1, Feb 13: Snakes in the Grass (TV Guide close-up, print version)
Ep2, Feb 20: Storms

The full listing for this episode will be:
Survivor: The Amazon
Storms
60 min.
A tropical rainstorm soaks the women's camp, while the men stay dry, and the
discovery of a hidden food item creates tension in one camp, as accusations swirl
about who brought it and didn't share. Also: a second player is voted out. Jeff Probst
is the host.

Edited Tues, Feb 4 @9:10am ET to correct title.
Edited Wed, Feb 5 @9:50am ET to include lates info.

Edited by: Scott at: 2/5/03 8:44:37 am
--------------------------------------

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 2: " Storms" Brownroach 02-05-03 1
   RE: Episode 2: " Storms" AZ_Leo 02-06-03 11
       RE: Episode 2: " Storms" Brownroach 02-06-03 12
 RE: Episode 2: " Storms" Loree 02-05-03 2
   RE: Episode 2: " Storms" Brownroach 02-05-03 3
       RE: Episode 2: " Storms" VerucaSalt 02-05-03 4
   Multiple meanings Krautboy 02-06-03 9
 RE: Episode 2: " Storms" Brownroach 02-05-03 5
   RE: Episode 2: " Storms" VerucaSalt 02-05-03 6
       RE: Episode 2: " Storms" Brownroach 02-05-03 7
 Similarity? Brownroach 02-05-03 8
 RE: Episode 2: " Storms" Brownroach 02-06-03 10
   Reinstated for publication Brownroach 02-11-03 13
 RE: Episode 2: " Storms" wendyp 02-11-03 14
 RE: Episode 2: " Storms" CinnaMinnie 02-11-03 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-05-03, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 2: " Storms""
LAST EDITED ON 02-05-03 AT 12:24 PM (EST)

>>A tropical rainstorm soaks the women's camp, while the men stay dry<<

Hmmm. Supposedly there was intermittent rain on Days 2 and 3:

------------------------
http://members.truepath.com/WeatherGal/s6weather.htm

Episode 1 Weather

Thunderstorms occur on Days 2 and 3. Winds could get gusty at midday on Day 2. It could be a wet trip to Tribal Council on the evening of Day 3.  Otherwise, the weather was tranquil.

------------------------

So the caps of the men in their raingear may be from Day 3, if they weren't affected by storms during Days 4-6 -- though Matt would have had to change his pants for the Day 3 challenge.

More likely it's the morning of Day 4 and the camp got a little wet the night before, and then their camp is not affected by rain for the next few days.

Or is Daniel is still around after Day 6???

>>the
discovery of a hidden food item creates tension in one camp, as accusations swirl
about who brought it and didn't share<<

Uh-oh, shades of Kel.

edited to correct my thoughts

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-06-03, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 2: " Storms""
I knew I didn't want this post to get lost. I'm not sure what day would have fallen on 11/1 but it should be about now?

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3435.shtml

The radio interview with Probst below was posted at Sucks.
------------------------------

Every Friday, Ben and Brian interview Mark Burnett and/or Jeff Probst about what's happening behind the scenes of Survivor.

Ben and Brian's Survivor interviews: www.benandbrian.com/survivor.html

On November 1st, Jeff was interviewed via satellite phone from the Survivor 6 location. Here are a few interesting tidbits from that interview.

Jeff Probst: Hey, guys!

Ben and Brian: Hey Jeff. Where are you?

Jeff Probst: We are on location in a place I can’t tell you, but I’m definitely on location. Where we’re at has had some pretty bad storms, so all of our power is down and all of our phones are down, so we’re on a satellite phone…

02-06-03, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 2: " Storms""
Leo, this interview would have been a couple of days before the actual game started -- Day 1 was Nov. 4th.

But if you check out the weather link I posted above, there was sporadic rain and thunderstorms during the first 2 Eps.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 2: " Storms""
Does it just not rain at the men's camp? Or do they stay dry because they worked so hard and built that shelter with a roof while the women haven't built a shelter so they get soaked?

And which camp has the hidden food item? Kel and Clarence were accused of these things before so do we assume it is the men's camp?

02-05-03, 01:30 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Episode 2: " Storms""
Good point about the men's shelter -- that may be what keeps them dry. We know the women weren't working too hard on theirs from the TV Guide article.

>>the
about who brought it and didn't share.<<

Well it sounds like this contraband item is actually found, unlike Kel's beef jerky, which Jerri only claimed to have seen from afar.

But it also sounds like no one is sure whose it is -- so someone may get accused unfairly.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-05-03, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 2: " Storms""
LAST EDITED ON 02-05-03 AT 02:39 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-05-03 AT 02:36 PM (EST)

This would also potentially tie in with Diane of Survivor Africa's post in SS that she heard one camp gets hit by lightning?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-06-03, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Multiple meanings"
I like your interpretation Loree. The description says the women's CAMP gets soaked, while the MEN stay dry (because of their shelter?) ...even though the men's CAMP probably also get's soaked.

The titles are usually selected to have multiple meanings and I would bet the "storms" are both literal and figurative...a rain storm hits and one tribe encounters an interpersonal "storm" over the hidden food item...

Krautboy

02-05-03, 04:26 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Episode 2: " Storms""
Not that I think Ryan will be around for Ep 2, but it would be funny if he were the one accused in the food fracas. He told the Dallas Morning News reporter, in the pre-game interview:

Post-Survivor show-biz prospects: "It could help my career, but it could also hurt it. Imagine going in for an audition, and they say, 'Didn't you steal the beans?' You could be that guy."

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-05-03, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 2: " Storms""
Wouldn't that be a bit of ironic foreshadowing Brown!

I wonder if that is the reason or the makeshift reason Daniel gets the boot. If Daniel has the raincoat on making it possible that Ryan is the first off and then this whole food thing, I wonder if someone brings it up and starts a Kel thing and since Daniel seems somewhat not as "joined" with the group as Kel was leading to a lot of private accusations that it could be him and they toss him.

02-05-03, 06:24 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Episode 2: " Storms""
I'm wondering the same thing, Veruca. I posted in some thread a-ways back that I was getting a "loner-a la-Kel" feeling about Daniel from his vidcaps. Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if Daniel is deemed the "culprit" in this incident and gets ejected as a result.

Assuming this occurs in the men's tribe, of course. I'm more inclined to think it does, for now.

02-05-03, 06:51 PM (EST)
8. "Similarity?"
From the TV guide listing:
>>...the discovery of a hidden food item creates tension in one camp...<<

From the ChillOne's posts:
>>...the women dominate in the beginning and it causes great tension amongst the male tribe members...<<

and again, later:
>>The women dominate the challenges up front (my guess, the first 2 by process of elimination). This causes great tension within the male tribe.<<

Just sayin', that's all.

02-06-03, 01:15 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Episode 2: " Storms""
Scott just posted on SS that TV Guide's Ep 2 description has now disappeared.

Scott
(2/6/03 9:36:40 am)
Reply Spoofing Alert!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The extra text that was added to the pre-published TV Guide listing
late Tuesday or early Wednesday has since been removed. It was
removed sometime late yesterday to about 10:15am this morning.

Given all the TV Guide activity with the Survivor listings, one could
speculate that they are attempting to narrow the source of the leak
and that the extra text ("A tropical rainstorm...") was inserted
during the pre-publication period to further narrow and prove the
source. If this is the case, pre-publication information that never
makes it to the publication cannot be relied on. It could be a
deliberate TV Guide spoof to reduce the damage of the leak.

It is also possible that the information was pulled for other reasons.
Perhaps it was discovered to contain unexpected spoiler info.
Perhaps it was pulled for some routine editing purpose. Or perhaps
it was a mistake.

The text in question is:
"A tropical rainstorm soaks the women's camp, while the men stay
dry, and the discovery of a hidden food item creates tension in one
camp, as accusations swirl about who brought it and didn't share.
Also: a second player is voted out. Jeff Probst is the host."

If this turns out to be a spoof, there will no longer be any reason
to keep the source secret and I will publish it.

02-11-03, 11:41 AM (EST)
13. "Reinstated for publication"
Screerider
(2/9/03 6:09:52 pm)
TV Guide listing (print version)
From the printed version:

Quote:
A tropical rainstorm soaks the women's camp, while the men stay dry, and the discovery of a hidden food item creates tension in one camp.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-11-03, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 2: " Storms""
The hidden food seems strange. We are todl that their bags are checked, so they can not bring in food. But would this be hidden food that was rationed or food that was found, maybe fruit?

I think they are trying to point at the Women since it is in the same sentence as the women get soaked. Plus the last two were men and with the whole gender seperation this time the producers probably want to show that women sneak thing just like men.

CinnaMinnie 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-11-03, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CinnaMinnie Click to send private message to CinnaMinnie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 2: " Storms""
Perhaps the men are dry because they are at TC.
CM

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •