The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Canadian Idol - Game"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

spinningwords 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-18-03, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spinningwords Click to send private message to spinningwords Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Canadian Idol - Game"
This is similar to the favourite performances post but why don't we add a slight twist and make a game out of it for the rest of the season. I have time right now so I'll be happy to track and post results.

The number of points available each week will vary.

To be fair to everyone, nominations close at NOON EST on elimination day (usually the day after the performance)

NO SPOILERS IN THIS FORUM PLEASE.

For this week, identify the following EACH:

Correctly name 1 or more low ranking contestants (5 pts each)
Correctly naming the low ranking contestant that stays (10 pts)
Correctly naming the ORDER of ALL THREE contestants (15 pts)
Name a contestant that judges say should be off the show or should skate through but the audience will do the opposite.(10)

Note that for this week a total of 50 points is available.

Have fun!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Canadian Idol - Game strid333 08-19-03 1
   RE: Canadian Idol - Game spinningwords 08-19-03 2
       RE: Canadian Idol - Game spinningwords 08-19-03 3
           RE: Canadian Idol - Game spinningwords 08-26-03 6
 RE: Canadian Idol - Game Kokoro 08-20-03 4
 RE: Game - 08-25 strid333 08-25-03 5
 Game Results - 08-26 spinningwords 08-27-03 7
 RE: Canadian Idol - Game - 09-01 strid333 09-02-03 8
   RE: Canadian Idol - Game - 09-01 spinningwords 09-02-03 9
   RE: Canadian Idol - Game - 09-01 spinningwords 09-03-03 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-19-03, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Canadian Idol - Game"
Bottom three will be (of course I've been predicting CI horribly lol):

Jenny - first to be sent back to couch
Audrey - second to be sent back to couch (or first elimination if we are getting rid of 2 people again?!?! I don't remember Ben telling us that 2 were going last week until 2 went)
Gary - will be eliminated

I would laugh so hard if I were actually correct.

Three is the perfect number.

08-19-03, 02:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail spinningwords Click to send private message to spinningwords Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Canadian Idol - Game"
LAST EDITED ON 08-19-03 AT 10:12 PM (EST)

Bottom 3 IF there are 3 this week (not so sure either!)
THERE IS ONLY one elimination

Billy - First to the couch
Audrey - Second Back to couch -
Gary - Hopefully he is eliminated - I can't forgive him from last week.

I would dance on the ceiling if I'm correct or even CLOSE on the bottom TWO. I don't want to see Billy on the bottom but felt Jenny actually sang a song that suited her this week as much as I hate to admit it. Hopefully the audience will remember what Gary did LAST WEEK. Audrey seems to be getting LESS dazzling as time goes on although perhaps it's simply song choice.

08-19-03, 10:02 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Canadian Idol - Game"
LAST EDITED ON 08-19-03 AT 10:10 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-19-03 AT 10:04 PM (EST)

So as of Aug 20 totals are:

Spinningwords - 20 pts - 10 pts for naming 2 contestants plus 10 points for naming the last contestant to be sent back to the couch)
Strid333 - 20 pts - Same results.

Next round will be next week - song choices will be Elton John; should be interesting! Anyone is welcome to post a prediction - read the first post for possible point values.

08-26-03, 01:24 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Canadian Idol - Game"
Billy and Malcolm SAFE
If three go to the lineup I think it will go as follows:

Gary
Jenny
Audrey

If two go to the lineup then omit Gary

I don't believe it's possible to have an upset other than Ryan.... If Ryan goes I'd consider that an upset.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-20-03, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Canadian Idol - Game"
LAST EDITED ON 08-26-03 AT 06:19 PM (EST)

Some changes:

Billy will be sent back first.
Gary will survive.
Bye Audrey

It sucks, but it's all due to the power of regional voting and it seems Quebec and Ontario don't really care one way or the other.

08-25-03, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Game - 08-25"
Ok, these are my guesses after watching the show.

I think that the first person to return to the couch will be Jenny.
Then the second person to return will be Audrey.
And I think the eliminated person will be Gary.

And of course, I expect my predictions to be wrong because I've been wrong all season lol.

08-27-03, 02:42 AM (EST)
7. "Game Results - 08-26"
Well we now have 3 in the race - please join in if you are watching the show. It gets more interesting each week.

KoKaro - you posted your picks prior to watching the show which is pretty difficult to do. Next week, try watching the performances FIRST and you'll probably have a better shot at some points (that is if you actually care)

Strid - as you predicted you got got them wrong. You did predict Jenny as being in the bottom 3 but unfortunately there was only a bottom 2.

I was lucky and managed to guess 1 of the bottom 2 (actually picked Jenny for being in the Bottom 2) so it's good for 5 points. However did not score for the right order or for the correct contestant being booted off.

So the new totals on points are as follows:

STRID - 20
SPINNING - 25

Next CLose of Predictions will be after the Performances on Monday (approximately 2 am Tuesday.)

09-02-03, 00:36 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Canadian Idol - Game - 09-01"
Happy Labour Day, everybody!
I am guessing that they will pick 2 people to be in the bottom this week.
I think that Ryan will be sent to the couch and Gary will leave.

09-02-03, 03:29 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Canadian Idol - Game - 09-01"
Well this is yucky because I'm in complete agreement with you!

I think Ryan will go to the couch and Gary will leave as well.

But maybe I should throw in an Audrey vote just because people don't love jazz. nahhhh she's a shoein this week because of the peacock feathers and her sexy outfit.

09-03-03, 02:16 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Canadian Idol - Game - 09-01"
well guess I should have gone with the peacocks after all...

Standings this week after the official votes:

Nanousa: 5 points
Strid - 25
Spinning - 30

I actually predicted an upset right this time but retracted it - go figure.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •