The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Attention Summary Writers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-20-03, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Attention Summary Writers"
Please check the schedule and let me know if any of you have any conflicts.

Thanks!

Criminals From the Neck Up

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Attention Summary Writers dabo 01-21-03 1
 RE: Attention Summary Writers FesterFan1 01-21-03 2
 RE: Attention Summary Writers TechNoir 01-21-03 3
 RE: Attention Summary Writers TeamJoisey 01-21-03 4
 RE: Attention Summary Writers PepeLePew13 01-21-03 5
   RE: Attention Summary Writers Superman 01-23-03 12
 RE: Attention Summary Writers NightScribe 01-22-03 6
 RE: Attention Summary Writers diamond 01-23-03 7
   RE: Attention Summary Writers dabo 01-23-03 9
       RE: Attention Summary Writers diamond 01-23-03 13
   RE: Attention Summary Writers SherpaDave 01-24-03 14
 RE: Attention Summary Writers SurvivinDawg 01-23-03 8
 RE: Attention Summary Writers survivorscott 01-23-03 10
 RE: Attention Summary Writers PagongRatEater 01-23-03 11
 RE: Attention Summary Writers GuessItRains 01-24-03 15
 RE: Attention Summary Writers Lisapooh 01-27-03 16
 RE: Attention Summary Writers SherpaDave 01-28-03 17
   Dropping out LionChow 02-03-03 18
       RE: Dropping out SherpaDave 02-03-03 19
 Update SherpaDave 02-03-03 20
   RE: Update snoocharoo 02-03-03 21
   RE: Update anotherkim 02-03-03 22
   RE: Update dabo 02-03-03 24
       RE: Update SherpaDave 02-04-03 25
 RE: Attention Summary Writers echogirl 02-03-03 23
 Duty calls sorgee 02-04-03 26
 RE: Attention Summary Writers SherpaDave 02-04-03 27
   RE: Attention Summary Writers TeamJoisey 02-05-03 29
       RE: Attention Summary Writers snoocharoo 02-05-03 30
       RE: Attention Summary Writers SherpaDave 02-06-03 31
   RE: Attention Summary Writers LadyT 02-08-03 32
 RE: Attention Summary Writers dajaki 02-05-03 28
 BUMP! PepeLePew13 02-19-03 33
   RE: BUMP! SherpaDave 02-20-03 34
 Schedule now completely set SherpaDave 02-22-03 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-03, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
Bumping this. I'm good! Pray for no more food auctions.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-03, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
I'm in.

Please check the schedule and let me know if any of you have any conflicts.

I might suggest the opposite. If folks have drifted away from the boards, certainly they won't respond. It's better to have confirmation than a silent assumption that nothing has changed, IMO. Just a thought.

Fester

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-03, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
LAST EDITED ON 01-21-03 AT 08:25 PM (EST)

I really hate it when you ask this stuff while I'm at work.

Grumpf.

Let me assure you that there will be a summary for Episode 5. It may be carved onto tablets that I photograph and post. I may come to each of your homes to read it aloud. (Bwahahaha!) If I am feeling ill, I may embroider it into the coffin lining. Sky writing is not out of the question. But even if my pup has to write it by pushing dog food around with her paw, the summary will be available in a timely fashion.

I luffs ya, blue guy.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-21-03, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"

Dave,
If anyone has a conflict, I'll stand by in the bullpen.
TJ

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-03, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
Looks like a great list of writers for the upcoming season! If any of the people are unable to go, I'd be happy to keep my name open as a backup.

Although... people like dangerkitty and Supes really should get first shot out of the bullpen if I had any say in it. It just wouldn't be a summary season without these two.

Superman 3157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-23-03, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
Hey, thanks for the shoutout Pepe.

I really wouldn't mind doing one this season, but I'd prefer seeing Dangerkitty. In other words, I'll do one if need be, but make me third string, ok? Ok!

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-22-03, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
I'm going to go ahead and confirm for now, but if I need to back out at any point, I'll let you know and you can bump one of the summary writers to my slot.

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-23-03, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
Dave - You can go ahead and give my spot to someone on the waiting list. I think I'm all Survivor-ed out right now.

01-23-03, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
bump and awwwwww... sniffffff..
Diamond, I was really looking forward to you summary.

Will you reconsider?

SMILES ARE FREE

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-23-03, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
Aww, thanks dabo, I'm flattered. Unfortunately, life has become real crazy lately, and I don't want to make a commitment I may have trouble keeping.

01-24-03, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
Thanks for the heads up, diamond. I'll be going back through the original sign-up thread to see who Aya had on stand-by. I know there are other folks who want it, but I want to be as fair as possible.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-03, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
Confirming. Ideas for Ep. 1 already in progress. Lord willing and the creek don't rise, it'll be there for your reading pleasure.

...although "pleasure" might not be how you feel after reading it...
Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-23-03, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
Episode two is a GO!

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-03, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
I am still in!!! Definitely looking forward to my first actual SURVIVOR summary. I have made the big time.

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-24-03, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
I'm still on board for Episode 11, assuming I don't freeze to death before then!

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-03, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
I'm in - you've got a great group of peeps lined up!

01-28-03, 06:50 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
Seems like most folks are responding here, so for my own sanity, I'm re-posting the schedule with confirmations here as well.

Feb 13, E1 -- SurvivinDawg - confirmed
Feb 20, E2 -- survivorscott - confirmed
Feb 27, E3 -- LadyT
Mar 6, E4 -- temporarily open
Mar 13, E5 -- TechNoir - confirmed
Mar 20, E6 -- LionChow
Mar 27, E7 -- FesterFan1 - confirmed
Apr 3, E7.5 -- Ra_8secs
Apr 10, E8 -- anotherkim
Apr 17, E9 -- NightScribe - confirmed
Apr 24, E10 -- dabo - confirmed
May 1, E11 -- GuessItRains - confirmed
May 8, E12 -- PagongRatEater - confirmed
May 15, E13 -- Lisapooh - confirmed

I'll check in with LadyT, LionChow, Ra_8secs, anotherkim, and the first person on the alternate list within the next few days to firm up the rest of the schedule. Thanks, y'all!

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-03, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Dropping out"
Hi Dave,

Sorry to say, I'm going to have to bow out.

Here at work, they have gone into super-snoop mode, and it's just become too risky to spend any time online (semi-witch hunt from what we've heard). I've pretty much disappeared from the boards and I miss them greatly, but the job must come first.

Given the furor over the initial signup, I'm sure you will be able to find a replacement for me, which is a relief.

I'll continue to do the Anti-Bootee game, but not much beyond that.

Miss you guys,

Lionchow

02-03-03, 02:44 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Dropping out"
Thanks for the heads up. Hope things calm down for ya there soon. We miss you, too.

02-03-03, 03:05 PM (EST)
20. "Update"
All right, I have now emailed everyone who hadn't otherwise responded that's on the list. Currently, we have two slots that are temporarily unfilled. That number might rise once I hear back from the other writers. Because there were so many people who were interested when episodes were first assigned, I'll be going through the original sign-up thread and assigning any uncovered episodes based on whoever signed up first that did not get an episode AND is already pre-qualified to write a Survivor summary (i.e., they've written a summary for another show). Depending on how long it takes to get that done, if there are still slots open after that, I will either contact people that I'd personally want slotted in or will open things up for however many slots are unfilled to another round of sign-ups (yikes!).

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-03-03, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Update"
Hi Dave...back to bother you again!!! **you know you love it**

I don't recall if Ii was on the original list but if you need help or even a last minute fill in just let me know.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-03, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Update"
don't replace me!! i am back, i promise!!!!

Miscellaneous Ramblings

02-03-03, 11:25 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Update"
Someone should inform AMAI of this thread, Dave. Ah, she'll be doing her unofficial summaries anyway, that's how much she loves doing them (and she is great at it). Still, she ought to be brought up to speed on the official selection process and that it all goes down in spoilers.

SMILES ARE FREE

02-04-03, 01:20 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Update"
She's already on my list.

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-03, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-03 AT 10:34 PM (EST)

If anyone else backs out I'm willing to do one. Doing a summary for another show may be a prerequisite, if so I understand. I only watch Survivor and TAR so I doubt I will be doing any others

Edited to add I should read everything before posting! I see it is a prerequisite to have done a summary for one of the other Reality Shows. I guess WSC2 doesn't count Darn!

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-04-03, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Duty calls"
i would be honored to write a summary for survivor if i am needed.
i haven't written a summary yet, but i'm doing the bachelorette on the 12th!

02-04-03, 03:56 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
To the folks who are volunteering now: Thanks! It's much appreciated. However, the number of people who requested summaries when we were first putting together the schedule for S6 was huge, and I'll be going through that list first. As of right now, there is only one scheduled writer from whom I've not yet heard, and there are three slots that had been assigned that will be re-assigned. Should we get through the list of original volunteers without filling those slots (and honestly, I think that's really unlikely), then we'll need volunteers. I really doubt it's gonna get to that point, though.

But I do thank you for offering! Rest assured, we'll need you eventually.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-05-03, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"

Uh, Dave...

can you book me for Episode 4, Survivor 46?
You know, the one where they survive Delaware?

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-05-03, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
Hmmmm....now THAT i'd watch.

02-06-03, 01:25 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
Nobody survives the Pit of Delaware... er... Despair.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-03, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
Dave, I hope you got my email, I will not be able to do my summary. Sorry to put you in this position and good luck everyone

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-05-03, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Attention Summary Writers"
I'm writing tonight's Bachelorette (my first summary) and I would love a shot at a Survivor episode! If S6 is solidly booked, keep me in mind for S7.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-03, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "BUMP!"
Hey Sherps, just wanted to follow up and see if you've got a final list of who this season's writers will be? Last I heard, you still had a couple of people to fill in for and that you've got a couple in mind.

Just wondering so we'll know whom to look forward to.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

02-20-03, 07:18 PM (EST)
34. "RE: BUMP!"
Thanks for the bump. I still have one more writer to contact and then the schedule should be finalized and I'll post it. Was hoping to finalize it today, but work has been just as crazy as OT, so I haven't had a chance yet. Will try to jump on that shortly.

02-22-03, 05:43 PM (EST)
35. "Schedule now completely set"
Feb 13, E1 -- SurvivinDawg
Feb 20, E2 -- survivorscott
Feb 27, E3 -- AMAI
Mar 6, E4 -- dajaki
Mar 13, E5 -- TechNoir
Mar 20, E6 -- TeamJoisey
Mar 27, E7 -- FesterFan1
Apr 3, E7.5 -- Swami
Apr 10, E8 -- anotherkim
Apr 17, E9 -- NightScribe
Apr 24, E10 -- dabo
May 1, E11 -- GuessItRains
May 8, E12 -- PagongRatEater
May 15, E13 -- Lisapooh

If anyone has any questions about how this schedule was set, feel free to ask. I've got a detailed run-down of how the process went all written up and eyeballed by the rest of the blue crew.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •