The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S6 Early Show Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-13-03, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S6 Early Show Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-03 AT 01:12 PM (EST)

There are 62 vidcaps in this topic. Give 'em time to load.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps SurvivorBlows 01-13-03 1
 RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps Bungler 01-13-03 2
   RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps waterbug 01-14-03 11
       RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps SuperClyde 01-19-03 14
 RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps Swami 01-13-03 3
   RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps SurvivorBlows 01-13-03 4
       RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps ivoryElephant 01-13-03 5
           RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps spacey 01-13-03 7
               RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps StrandedAgain 01-13-03 9
       RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps tribephyl 01-23-03 19
 RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps Krautboy 01-13-03 6
 RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps Loree 01-13-03 8
   RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps Swami 01-14-03 10
 RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps Brownroach 01-14-03 12
 Gallery available SurvivorBlows 01-19-03 13
   Challenge Vidcaps Krautboy 01-19-03 15
       RE: Challenge Vidcaps SurvivorBlows 01-19-03 17
       RE: Challenge Vidcaps MellowYellow 01-24-03 20
 New promo out Rebel Crown 01-19-03 16
   RE: New promo out SurvivorBlows 01-19-03 18
 RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps HOMEBOZO 01-27-03 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-13-03, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps"
I also recorded the digital signal from this program this morning -- if there's any additional shots that might be useful let me know.

Thanks,
Derek

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-13-03, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps"
Just found two more.

First impressions from the preview...

Probst tells them right off the bat that it's men vs. women, and they all applaud (in the boat). JP mentioned indigenous animal threats, like crocodiles, snakes and pirahnas. I skipped making caps of all the animals. Heidi mentioned that she was expecting a beach-type situation, but says that actually swimming in the water is not recommended. Christy is described as "hard of hearing," not deaf, and in one scene is shown talking to her tribemates fairly easily. She also has an interview, where she signs what's she's saying, but what she's saying is very clear. The TV Guide reporter Julie Chen interviewed said that Christy was eager to show that the hearing impaired could do whatever anybody else can do, but that she was a bit concerned about not having a translator.

The TV Guide lady also mentioned a few other things. She said that the men were gung-ho, "stripped to the waist," dissing the girls, etc., and generally exerting themselves strenuously, whereas the ladies acted as if they were at a "new age spa with machetes as an accessory." She said they braided each other's hair, bathed regularly, washed their clothes every day, and didn't really work too hard on a shelter, but that she expected them "to kick some behind eventually."

She characterized Alex Bell as being very bossy with his tribe, and that she wanted to tell him that that won't fly.

She said Rob had never even camped before, so she wondered why he was out there.

She said Daniel was very excited about being the first Asian American male on the cast, but that he admitted that he doesn't even like using rest area bathrooms, so she wondered why he was out there as well.

In little interview snippets, Ryan attested to all the dangerous animals he'd seen, and said something along the lines of, "This is the real deal."

Matthew did the Brian-style, "I'm going to hold my cards close to my chest and not reveal my strategy" confessional thing. He said, "I'm only going to dip into my bag when it's to my advantage."

Roger struck me as very practical. He mentioned that the young guys were all acting too macho, and totally full of themselves. "I just want to slap 'em around."

Except for the opening boat scene, Joanna isn't shown anywhere near her tribe at any point (at least I couldn't spot her quickly). Jeanne's one line, as she's walking through the brush, came off as kinda whiny. Or maybe she was just tired. She was talking about hoping that the water was boiled.

If I think of anything else, I'll post.

waterbug 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-14-03, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail waterbug Click to send private message to waterbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps"
Bungler, you are amazing. Thanks for the vidcaps and the TV Guide lady's info.

>She said Daniel was very excited
>about being the first Asian
>American male on the cast,
>but that he admitted that
>he doesn't even like using
>rest area bathrooms, so she
>wondered why he was out
>there as well.

But what's up with this? Didn't Kel count as an Asian American? Or does this simply indicate that Daniel's a little out of it and was flexing too much to pay attention during his Survivor history classes?

~~ waterbug ~~

SuperClyde 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-19-03, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SuperClyde Click to send private message to SuperClyde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps"
If memory serves, Kel was one-half Peruvian, which makes him the only Latino male Survivor has yet had (and only half, at that!). We got Jessie for 2 episodes in S3, but even with that, I think Latinos are more shockingly underrepresented than Asians!

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-03, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-03 AT 02:18 PM (EST)

They seem to have a couple of knives and a machete. Women are shown cooking, so they have fire. MB may give both camps a flint again as in S5.

Jamburu camp (women) looks like forest right down to the waterline. No beach--see the boat pulled up to the forest? We may not get a lot of water play shots this time around.

Where is Christy sitting? It looks like she is in a sea of planks. I can make no sense of this photo. ASL speakers, any hint of what she is saying? She may sign during her confessionals, even if she speaks well, just out of habit.

Edited to add, this photo must be from the interview Bungler posted above as I was typing this. But aren't the interviews usually on site somewhere?

Swami

01-13-03, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps"
> We may not get a lot of water play
>shots this time around.

Yay... and we all know how well that worked out last time in S3.

>Where is Christy sitting? It looks like she is in
>a sea of planks. I can make no sense
>of this photo.

Never mind where she's sitting, where's the pillow from -- it's not her luxury item, she brought sage, and from what I can tell, none of the other women brought anything like that.

I'd say it's from some platform from the first or second challenge (maybe she's sitting out the 2nd challenge or "guiding" the women in something?) but the pillow doesn't fit in.

-SB

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-13-03, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps"
I am worried about Janet. It seems she doesn't fit in.
It is a gut feeling and here is why.

1. group pic she is off to the side.
2. in the pic below she was shown by herself and not looking to happy. It was the only shot of her that I saw

"To the other three out there, break a leg.... and I mean it." - Helen Glover

Congratulations Alex winner of S6

spacey 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-13-03, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spacey Click to send private message to spacey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps"
I agree Ivoryelephant. I also noticed she was laying down on what looks like the floor of a shelter they may be building in one of the photographs. Maybe she is the one who gets sick a-la Tanya and Jesse that Jeff P. was talking about.

StrandedAgain 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-13-03, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StrandedAgain Click to send private message to StrandedAgain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps"
There was a "rumor" out thatone of the contestants didn't tolerate the climate. Janet?

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-03, 04:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps"
Speaking of the pillow... does anyone know who the sponsers are this season?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-13-03, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps"
There are several vidcaps showing both men and women walking together through the woods. This must be before they get to the river, where they divide into tribes and head off in their boats...?

Krautboy

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-03, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps"
Global news in Canada is showing a lot of clips of the Survivors today with little chats from various people. They are different than the ones on the Early Show. I wasn't expecting it and never taped it. Can someone get vidcaps of it? Maybe they will show the same ones on CBS news. They show Jeff at one of the challenges and what looks like a couple challenges. And Ryan is chatting on a bridge. MB is also in a boat talking to the audience.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-03, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps"
In S4, and I think S3 too, we had Canadian viewers comment that Canadian TV stations sometimes had different clips than we see here in the U.S., yet we never got vidcaps from these posted! I know there are many Canadians posting on these boards. It would sure be great if someone could figure out how to capture & post the 'Canadian clips.' We have gotten great spoilers from vidcaps in the past. The more vidcaps, the better IMO.

Swami

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-03, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps"
Some impressions:

It looks like Alex and Matthew are doing most of the work on the men's shelter, with Roger also pitching in and perhaps offering direction (he works in construction after all). Rob also looks like he's working, in a couple of the shots. Ryan, Dave and Daniel look like they are watching more than doing. Ryan looks unhappy in his close-up caps, IMO.

As far as I can tell, Butch is only visible in the shot of him in the boat with Daniel, and standing with the group in a couple of caps in the other thread Bungler posted. Do Butch and Daniel go off by themselves to look for food? This could mark them as the "Jed and Stephanie" of S6.

01-19-03, 07:31 PM (EST)
13. "Gallery available"

Just an FYI that I ended up loading the vidcaps I'd taken from the Early Show announcement into the RTVW news site's image gallery. They're available from the below link:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/modules.php?op=modload&name=Magnish&file=index&gallery_ID=10&cont=display_image

The slide show is also pretty neat, just click the below URL and then hit the START button on the webpage

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/modules.php?op=modload&name=Magnish&file=index&gallery_ID=10&cont=display_image_slide&seconds=4

-SB

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-19-03, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Challenge Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-03 AT 08:25 PM (EST)

Just saw a new preview during the Oakland/Tampa game showing the first challenge. Hope some of the amazing vidcappers were able to catch them.

Krautboy

01-19-03, 09:17 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Challenge Vidcaps"
>Just saw a new preview during the Oakland/Tampa game showing the
>first challenge. Hope some of the amazing vidcappers were able
>to catch them.

...check the topic listing, I already added a thread and posted them

-SB

MellowYellow 346 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-24-03, 05:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MellowYellow Click to send private message to MellowYellow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Challenge Vidcaps"
Oakland/Tampa?

I missed the Super Bowl!

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-19-03, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "New promo out"
LAST EDITED ON 01-21-03 AT 06:09 PM (EST)

During the Tennessee-Oakland game just now, a new commercial for "Survivor" was played. Did anyone get it on tape?

Jiffy P confirms the "men vs. women", players could be (my impression) shackled and sliding down mesh walls. Looked like they could give us the obstacles used in the first race!

Butch and then the model girl, what's her name,Jenna, long black hair, are shown speaking but I don't know what they said.

Edited to add a "thank you" to SB for his quick work.

01-19-03, 09:18 PM (EST)
18. "RE: New promo out"
>During the Tennessee-Oakland game just now,
>a new commercial for "Survivor" was played. Did anyone
>get it on tape?

...the vidcaps are already posted -- check the Spoiler topic page, it's there.

-SB

HOMEBOZO 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-27-03, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HOMEBOZO Click to send private message to HOMEBOZO Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: S6 Early Show Vidcaps"
Is the second video capture a hidden message showing the first person to receive the boot(sneaker)?

Homebozo

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •