The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Amazons vs. The Men"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-11-03, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Amazons vs. The Men"
Kokoro posted the following information in another thread and I thought it was important enough to warrant it's own.

This information comes from ChillOne at SS and appears to be fairly credible, though perhaps occasionally inaccurate...
----------------------------------------------------------------
The 16 WILL start off as 2 tribes ... split by men and women. The will live and compete initially as men and women. It is my uderstanding that the groups will merge much earlier ... possibly after the first 3 or 4 contestants are gone.

From a challenge perspective, the women dominate in the beginning and it causes great tension amongst the male tribe members. The first 2 voted off are men.>>
----------------------------------------------------------------
Kokoro's remarks:

This was all posted, along with his/her other posts, before the cast announcement and unless you're big with the conspiracy thing, there isn't much reason to doubt it (although granted, s/he had some communication difficulties because of the language so some information could be slightly off).

Anyone else agree that Men Vs. Women is the most simple way to add a twist to the game that *will* have people talking (about fairness and all that junk)?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Agreed! It seems like a logical progression from S5 and a "new twist that will have the audience talking"...

There's also evidence that the women may do very well: Remarks from ChillOne that two men are the first to go, Heidi Strobel weight loss, the "Deaf Woman" making the final four...all these things may suggest the Amazon Women dominate the men in S6...

Perfect storyline for Survivor-Amazon!

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Amazons vs. The Men MstHuntr28 01-11-03 1
 RE: The Amazons vs. The Men VanQ 01-11-03 2
   RE: The Amazons vs. The Men Kokoro 01-11-03 3
       RE: The Amazons vs. The Men VanQ 01-11-03 5
       RE: The Amazons vs. The Men Wheezy 01-11-03 7
       Men Lose First Challenge? Krautboy 01-12-03 8
           RE: Men Lose First Challenge? spacey 01-13-03 16
   RE: The Amazons vs. The Men Naked 01-15-03 26
 RE: The Amazons vs. The Men ejm92 01-11-03 4
   RE: The Amazons vs. The Men VanQ 01-11-03 6
       RE: The Amazons vs. The Men jkokoj 01-13-03 9
           RE: The Amazons vs. The Men VerucaSalt 01-13-03 10
               End of pagonging forehead 01-13-03 11
                   Gender is already being demonstrate... VerucaSalt 01-13-03 12
                       RE: Gender is already being demonst... AZ_Leo 01-13-03 14
               RE: The Amazons vs. The Men jkokoj 01-13-03 13
                   RE: The Amazons vs. The Men Bbear 01-13-03 15
                       RE: The Amazons vs. The Men Swami 01-14-03 18
                           RE: The Amazons vs. The Men Bbear 01-14-03 20
                       I brought jkokoj 01-14-03 19
 I just needed a thread to speculate... Kokoro 01-14-03 17
   RE: I just needed a thread to specu... Brownroach 01-14-03 21
       RE: Co existing as gender split VerucaSalt 01-14-03 22
           RE: Co existing as gender split HobbsofMI 01-14-03 23
       RE: I just needed a thread to specu... Kokoro 01-14-03 24
 RE: The Amazons vs. The Men bobstew617 01-15-03 25
   RE: The Amazons vs. The Men VerucaSalt 01-15-03 27
 RE: The Amazons vs. The Men TNSurvivorFan 01-16-03 28
   RE: The Amazons vs. The Men VerucaSalt 01-16-03 29
       RE: The Amazons vs. The Men Westie 01-23-03 30
 The Men Pix Question GeorgiaBelle 01-24-03 31
   RE: The Men Pix Question Krautboy 01-24-03 32
       RE: The Men Pix Question GeorgiaBelle 01-24-03 33
           RE: The Men Pix Question Krautboy 01-24-03 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MstHuntr28 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-11-03, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MstHuntr28 Click to send private message to MstHuntr28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
It does sound logical that the men would be against the women because of the name "the Amazons." But the Amazon where the show has been taped is a river in Brazil, "the Amazons" are a tribe of warrior women in Greek myth. Considering that the shows are usually based on a single culture, I don't see him mixing two that badly, especially when its highly unlikely that the Greeks even came to Brazil. If they did It was so insignificant, that its not mentioned in history books. So in turn I severely doubt MB would pull a men vs women under that rational. Finally, if that's not the twist, I have no idea what it could really be.

VanQ 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-11-03, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ Click to send private message to VanQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-03 AT 06:53 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-11-03 AT 04:34 PM (EST)

hope this works we have our tribes, and colors! MEN VS WOMEN!! woo hoo, I am a man, but I KNOW the women are going to bust the mens butts!

JABURU women and yellow buffs:

TAMBAQUI the men and blue buffs:

Is it just me or are the men TRYING to look tough (flex it Daniel!!) or are they looking rather mad or upset?

EDITED TO DELETE LINKS:
As Kokoro predicted geocities is now not linking the pics.. so see below for the pics.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-11-03, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
Hey look they're reusing the Marquesas buffs! And those tribe names....at least they're better than Sook Jai and Chuay Gahn, I guess.

I'm just going to upload those files to SB, since Geocities doesn't allow direct linking and they may run out of bandwidth soon.

Wow - I guess Joanne really is built! And it looks to me like Deena and Janet will have a tough time in this tribe. 5/8 are 31 and under and 6/8 seem to be in good physical shape.

And I agree about the guys. Has the official team picture ever featured such a gloomy bunch?

-----------------------------------

01-11-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ Click to send private message to VanQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
THANKS KOKORO! I am not that computer literate, and only know how to link to the site. Kind of thought the pics might end up not showing. But thought it was important to get the pics up on this site ASAP!
Quite the season of spoiling!

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-11-03, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"

Awww, the boys are just trying to look tough, holding their lil' sticks and wearing those cute lil' necklaces! Look at Daniel flexing! And Roger in his best Iron Man pose (not Iron Chef...Iron MAN) Could we zoom in on Dave? I'd like to get a better look at his over-the-shoulder handbag...

Maybe they have headaches after the long journey to camp. I am sure they will cheer up soon.

Wheeeeeeeezy

01-12-03, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Men Lose First Challenge?"
The men look "gloomy" and the women seem to be in much better spirits...hmmm?

Notice that both tribes are wearing their challenge buffs in these pictures. Could they have been taken AFTER the first Challenge (usually the combo RC/IC)?

The men would be gloomy if they just lost, as ChillOne reported and the women would be happy and relieved to have made it past the first challenge!

Confirms that Daniel is in trouble. He looks particularly gloomy and his body language suggests that he may already be an outcast...

Krautboy

spacey 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-13-03, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spacey Click to send private message to spacey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Men Lose First Challenge?"
I don't think the men are gloomy. It looks to me like they are
all trying way to hard to look macho!

They are posing he-man style.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-15-03, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
After a little search on google, I came up with the meaning of the tribe names. Not much spoiling, but interesting facts that might alude to the direction that MB wanted to steer the game.

TAMBAQUI
is a word that means pirahna

JABURU
is a large stork like bird that lives in the region.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-11-03, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
Can you say WORST....SURVIVOR.....EVER????? I just have this gloomy feeling....too much information being leaked out.....we may have the best spoiling season ever, but the show might be less interesting than Thailand was if the bunch is this gloomy to start out with.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

01-11-03, 05:17 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
Well, we all have a different perspective of things. But I am hopeful that this survivor will be 100% better than S5. Even with a bit more spoiling, you just never know what is truth until it happens.
I find it so amazing that people have already formed so many opinions of the cast based solely on a few photos. I have done it myself already, based on the very negative pic of the mens' team.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-13-03, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
I like it! Women vs. Men FINALLY!

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-13-03, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-03 AT 11:44 AM (EST)

Ahhh Xena vs. Hercules - the ramifications of this scenario!

First off, let's not fall into the trap of how they look in their pictures; for all we know MB had them pose like this.

I am intereted in this potential feather alliance of the young and pretty twosome (need a magnifier to see if anyone else has got a feather) and this featherfriendship may end up encompassing any woman on this tribe who is feeling insecure about fitting in.

Xena vs. Hercules in the long run. If the women indeed prevail in the first two challenges, it will be due to two reasons, IMO. The men aren't taking them seriously and end up shooting themselves in the foot and/or the challenges will be EXTREMELY fair to both. I am inclined to believe it is a little of both.

C'mon men, fess up, you see a tribe of women against your tribe? Would you be worried initially? And women, what happens when you see a tribe of men against your tribe of women? You break your cajones in order to warn the men not to view us from the 1950's because we are not fetching your slippers.

A simple twist with huge ramifications? - Yes, indeed.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-13-03, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "End of pagonging"
>A simple twist with huge ramifications? - Yes, indeed.

Indeed, if we take ChillOne's F4 info to be valid, EMB will have finally succeeded to end the pagonging. Two males and two females in the F4 - two from each original tribe. Was the trick the gender split, or maybe a merge after 4 episodes, or both? We'll see...

01-13-03, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Gender is already being demonstrated."
If anyone saw the Early Show, please correct or broaden.

A lady on the Early Show from Reader's Digest apparently said a few things:

1st the guys were trying to outdo each other on how many trees did you cut, etc. (Does anyone smell testerone?)

2nd the girls side was like a day spa with machetes. Said at the time she was there they weren't too worried about getting a shelter and had not done much to do it either. (Working women on the tribe are going to be PO'd at this.)

She also said that Ryan or Rob (can anyone clarify)had never been camping in his life and that Daniel didn't like to use even roadside toilets.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-03, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Gender is already being demonstrated."
She was from TV Guide. They have a reality show issue this week which may explain the timing of the announcement. Apparently she spent several days at the beginning of filming.

Essentially that's what she said. She also commented that one of them looked a lot like JP. Here's a link to the site:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/12/20/earlyshow/series/survivor/main533850.shtml

01-13-03, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
>You break your cajones in
>order to warn the men
>not to view us from
>the 1950's because we are
>not fetching your slippers.

A definite departure from S5 and the "little women in the kitchen" scenerio that we kept hearing from king Brian.LOL

I have a lot a faith in what women can do. I would not be worried about a team of men against my team of women. WE have been having BABIES for centuries. That is one tough task into itself. Most women in todays society are very secure with themselves. I strongly believe that any woman that trys out for Survivor will have the "cajones" to go up against the men without any problem.

Veruca your analysis' have been great. Keep up the good work!

Bbear 601 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-13-03, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bbear Click to send private message to Bbear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
>I have a lot a faith
>in what women can do.
> I would not be
>worried about a team of
>men against my team of
>women. WE have been
>having BABIES for centuries.
>That is one tough task
>into itself. Most women
>in todays society are very
>secure with themselves. I
>strongly believe that any woman
>that trys out for Survivor
>will have the "cajones" to
>go up against the men
>without any problem.
>

I have been lurking here since S4 and have to come out of lurking to agree with jkokoj. I have for various reasons done some behavior research on what happens when men and women are confined within gender groups for extended periods of time. Most of my research concentrated on the Japanese prison camps during WWII.

Interestingly enough, the men's camps were without much order or social interaction. There were no clear lines of command (except in the military camps) and no form of "normalacy". Whereas in the women's camps, almost from the beginning of their capitivity the women began to form a self governing society in each of the camps. They not only formed governments, but started schools, hospitals and created committees (did I spell that right!) for everything from celebrations, to choirs to toilet cleaning.

For the most part the women astonished their gaurds with their ability to cope and function under the most primative of conditions. The men were much less able to cope with their situation and tended to simply withdraw inwards. Therefore the idea that the women come out the winners early on does not suprise me. I am really looking forward to this season to see how it jibes with my research.

Just a thought... feel free to disagree, but please be kind, after all this is my first post. : )

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-03, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
Welcome to Spoilers, Bbear. How interesting that your research supports what so many women intuitively know! I would be interested to hear your opinions on the developing social dynamics (whatever they may be) in Tambaqui and Jaburu tribes.

Swami

Bbear 601 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-03, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bbear Click to send private message to Bbear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
Thanks for the welcome ya'll! (Can't help it... I'm a transplanted Texan living in western Canada, got to let it out some how! : ) LOL

Swami you can be sure that I will be watching very carefully to see what develops in both camps. I look forward to discussing the developments here each week. Once we have a better idea of what kind of personalities we are dealing with I might be able to use my research to speculate what "could" develop in each group.

In most of the cases I have researched there were "take charge" women in the mix who realized that there had to be some order and normalacy for survival to happen. Given that, however, most of these women were truly trying to survive and had no idea when (if ever) they would be rescued and certainly did not get to send anybody they didn't like home. LOL! Most of the weak and sickly were weeded out by disease or other means, so only the truly strong were left to survive.

It will be very interesting to see the dynamics in a situation where they (A) know that eventually they will get out and (B) can get rid of someone they don't like or who doesn't contribute. It may very well go in a completely different direction when there is $1 million at stake rather than just your life. ;)

01-14-03, 12:10 PM (EST)
19. "I brought"
someone out from lurking! Hey everyone look!!!LOL Bbear I will take that as a compliment and say WELCOME TO SB! Great first post. I know that you realize I agree with your assesment of the women.

I am excited about this season.

01-14-03, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "I just needed a thread to speculate on ;)"
It looks like the girls, the young ones at least, will prevail through this game. Anyone feel like contesting that this entire game wasn't set up just to allow another young winner?

I can't explain how two of the men manage to get into the final 4, but it may be a "Jerri" type situation, where when they get down to 6, Shawna and Christy ditch Jerri and Lamber (disguised as Heidi and Jenna). On the other hand, there has to be some other kind of switch up to the game after the merge that's making MB and crew so excited - it'd be stupid to allow a young fit guy get to the end, unless he's like Colby part 2 and they can't actually do anything about it.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-03, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: I just needed a thread to speculate on ;)"
>>I can't explain how two of the men manage to get into the final 4, but it may be a "Jerri" type situation, where when they get down to 6, Shawna and Christy ditch Jerri and Lamber (disguised as Heidi and Jenna).<<

If Heidi and Jenna are ruling with a "feather alliance" in the women's tribe, as VerucaSalt wonders, it could be that Christy and Shawna were outside of it and turn the tables post-merge by enlisting a few of the males (those who also feel they are on the fringe?).

Akin to the Rag-Tag 5 that overthrew the Rotu 4.

01-14-03, 04:03 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Co existing as gender split"
Seeing as this is a unique tribe situation and I'm sure can be a big water cooler debate as to the survival of the sexist, let me throw out a couple of statistics

Men and Women and their Behavior

--Men try to solve problems, women try to relate problems by similar experiences
--Men are more analytical to problems, women are more emotional
--Men are more task oriented, women are more maintenance oriented
--Men are less aware of details while women pay more attention
--Men have difficulty expressing intimate feelings while women have less difficulty
--Men are more apt to yell to release anger while women are more apt to cry
--Men tend to talk more about what they did, where they went and less about relationships with others while women do the opposite
--Men tend to take verbal rejection less personally while women are opposite.
--Men are not as sensitive to communication cues from others than women
--Men make direct accusations while women use more Why???
--Men ask fewer questions than women to stimulate conversation
--Men rarely discuss personal life in business while women establish more business relationships through discussing their personal lives.
--Interestingly, men do not talk less than women. Public settings are considered grounds for competiveness hence the greater amount of talk by men in public. Women talk more in private with friends regarding topics considered insignificant to men (shades of Helen and her recipes)

My Opinon

I would hazard a guess that the women are going to do very well in challenges involving recall and will be extremely successful in a challenge such as Fallen Comrades. The women's conversation with each other, while seemingly insignificant to the men, will be about themselves. Can you really see a group of 8 men "learning" about each other?

I would also venture to say that any conflicts arising in the man's camp will be argued and solved (which could of course mean, booting off the person) while there may be residual grudges in the women's camp. Which of the two ways will result in future harmony is anyone's guess.

I would also "guess" that in challenges involving the construction of something such as last season's building block situation will be more towards the men's advantage. This will also come into play involving building the shelter while the women may experience more frustration.

On the flip side, the men will be less than likely to ask for help and will keep working despite working towards potential failure while the women, while potentially getting upset will enlist the aid from their group.

So what does all this verbage mean? Small cliques with the women but will regroup when aid is needed. Puffed chests from some men with some loner attitudes when needing assistance. Interpersonal relationships will not develop as strongly with the men as much as the women. Success in challenges will be determined by the intricacy and/or the toughness. Men if behind, could allow it to blow up in their faces, the women may use it to rally together to pull ahead. In terms of alliances, there may be more whisper down the lane by the women causing more paranoia than the men; this could be dangerous for them.

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-03, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Co existing as gender split"
I hate to draw upon a similar situation from a really bad show but we might be able to see how this goes down....did anyone see how the men on RW/RR Battle of the Sexes when they lost to the women?

They went in thinking that a physical challenge that they were going to kick ass....but it was also mental.. Sergeant Say's....and they lost big time and were pissed off and disgraced. They were way over confident. If the next challenge favors the woman and they win again then we get ChillOne's spoiler....

I think we could see something very similar...

01-14-03, 07:48 PM (EST)
24. "RE: I just needed a thread to speculate on ;)"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-03 AT 07:52 PM (EST)

Actually, I think I may have something on how the final four is so screwy.

1.) If this is the case for the first 4 boots:

1.) Daniel
2.) Ryan
3.) Joanna
4.) Deena/Jeanne

We know something happened at this point. Possibly an early merge, possibly both tribes just live together, possibly something else....

2.) And if it actually does say this in the "Survivor" rules, as it is being quoted on SS:

"Survivor rules now state that if tribes are even with 6 each, there is a 3-member swap."

Then there will be a swap.

If tribal dynamics play out the way I figure, the much older people will not be in the core alliances of either group meaning that, as long as the tribes are allowed to decide on whom to send to the other team:

Shawna and Christy stay on Jaburu and are joined by Roger and Butch.

And Janet and Jeanne/Deena will go to Tambaqui.

3.) I'm going to assume that it's true that Shawna and Alex are dating. Based on that, I'm going to assume that they were on the same tribe at some point or in the game with eachother for a long time. Since Alex would be a prime target at the merge, I'm going to put him on Jaburu with Shawna instead of on the opposite team.

So we have:

Jaburu - Shawna, Christy, Roger, Butch, Alex

Also, since Heidi was not recovered from her experience, I'm going to place her most likely at 5th place, meaning that in all liklihood, barring immunity, she also stayed at Jaburu.

New Jaburu - Shawna, Christy, Heidi, Roger, Butch, Alex
New Tambaqui - Rob, Matthew, Dave, Janet, Jeanne/Deena, Jenna

I have no idea why Jenna is the one to go over, but one of them had to. Maybe it was random. Or maybe Heidi sacrificed her friend so that she could with the younger girls.

It's also possible that Jenna got further into the game, as if CO's source knew that there was a "Jenna or Jana" in the finals, he may have mixed up two names that he knew go far.

One question that this brings up, though, is "Why doesn't original tribal loyalty kick back in at the merge?" (I think it could possibly be because all of the older people may feel that they weren't wanted on their original teams....or maybe original loyalties do kick in for the first couple of boots, OR maybe it's 5-5 and people jump sides to avoid a purple rock?)

What would be really interesting is if they switch the teams around but move them to a new location where all 12 of them live together. CO says it could be an early merge, but does this scenario make sense as well?

bobstew617 723 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-03, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bobstew617 Click to send private message to bobstew617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
Interesting discussions...from this guy's perspective, I have to agree on much of what has been said. I can see the guys coming in overconfident on the physical challenges, but getting their butts handed to them, as endurance, mental toughness, and teamwork are huge in most of the challenges.

As far as men typically expressing their anger by yelling, I guess Ghandiva forgot that in S5 (couldn't resist )

Starting off the tribes as male vs. female I think will help in delaying/shifting alliances, but we'll see.

I'm not sure yet how these tribes are going to keep me interested in watching, but it sounds like the behind the scenes maneuvering could be interesting.

01-15-03, 07:53 AM (EST)
27. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
Ah Bob, how can we forget GDiva!!
And Robb was a very open, personal man about his feelings and life.

And you are correct, obviously these are general statistics, other factors, like a person's race, age, culture play a part also.

I agree also about the duration of how long Jabby and Tamby should last. While it should be interesting to see how they get along as same sex tribes, part of the fun is watching how the two sexes get along with each other. I imagine like the scenario put out that there is either going to be a swap, early living together arrangement or early merger. People need interaction with the opposite sex (unless you are in a convent or something) Part of our "makeup" is that interaction. Even men and women who live with each other in frat/sorority houses and things like that, go out and socialize with members of the opposite sex. After awhile I think both sides are going to want to see someone who has different appendages then their own

TNSurvivorFan 7 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-03, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TNSurvivorFan Click to send private message to TNSurvivorFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
Copied and pasted from another thread as instructed......Sorry

I've been a "lurker" on this board for quite some time and enjoy it greatly. Have never posted before, but couldn't resist. My local paper had a story in this AM's edition about CBS's presentation at the winter TV Critics Press Tour and there is info. re: Survivor. This was a "Cox News Service/Hollywood" release and it reads as follows:
"Producer Mark Burnette and host Jeff Probst screened 12 minutes of "Survivor: The Amazon." The twist? After months of rumor, this sixth installment pits the women against the men.
Though you might think that tribal gender division would squelch any romantic intrigue, Probst said absence made the heart grow friskier. "The sexual tension kept building and building," he explained. Each challenge "was like a mixer." "

01-16-03, 09:14 AM (EST)
29. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
I hate posting new threads so I am going to put this here because it does have to do with the men vs.women. I bolded the interesting, informative parts.

http://www.khou.com/news/entertainment/khou030113_mh_survivorcast.1c441126.html

'Survivor: The Amazon' has its cast
01/14/2003

By MANUEL MENDOZA / The Dallas Morning News

MANAUS, Brazil – The first thing you notice is they all have great hair. The second is how earnest most of them come across.

Last October, I traveled to the lush, humid jungle of northwest Brazil to interview the 16 contestants picked to star in Survivor: The Amazon , the sixth edition of the series that started TV's unprecedented wave of reality programming.

The show remains immensely popular; an average of 21 million viewers a week watched last fall's Thailand competition, making Survivor the No. 4-rated series this season, just behind ER.

CBS announced the cast Monday on The Early Show. But in actuality, Survivor: The Amazon already has been shot and will debut Feb. 13. And there's a new twist: This edition pits the men against the women in tribes divided by gender – the men in Tambaqui, the women in Jabaru.

The group is particularly youthful, half of them in their 20s, including two models. Three other contestants have show-business experience. There's also one rocket scientist and one of People magazine’s Top 50 Bachelors of 2002. (Did he get directed to the wrong show?)

One is deaf, a first for Survivor. She's also the only contestant to describe herself as succulent.

Five are bona fide athletes and four are serious world travelers.

Half said they would buy a car if they won, three want houses and one would purchase new carpeting. Two attended boarding school, two – both men – would like to be Superman so they could use their X-ray vision illicitly, and two listed The Matrix as their favorite movie.

There's one published poet and one dedicated letter writer.

A few stood out, including Daniel Lue, 27, because he's the only Texan and the first Asian male to appear on Survivor.

Matthew Von Ertfelda, 33, also made an impression because he's already traveled to more exotic locales that the show has. He may have been in for a letdown.

Rob Cesternino, 24, is easily the funniest contestant. Brilliant, nerdy and a bit nervous, he was quick with a quip. Asked what political office he'd like to hold, a question CBS posed to all applicants, he said congressman, because "it looks like they can do anything they want without repercussions."

And what would he buy with his winnings?

"A funny equipped bachelor pad with a big neon sign that will say, 'OPEN.'."

Don't count on it, Rob.

But he's not a shoo-in to be voted off first. His main contenders are two of his elders: Roger Sexton, at 56 the oldest contestant and a Vietnam veteran in the mold of Rudy Boesch from the first Survivor , and Janet Koth, 47, a woman who can't stop talking.

Which leads me to a prediction of a youth brigade Final Four, three of them from the Golden State of Entertainment: Shawna Mitchell, 23, a Redwood City, Calif., outdoor-equipment saleswoman who's sweet as can be and knows it; Alex Bell, 32, a Los Angeles triathlete and recovering alcoholic who could prove to be Shawna's main ally; Dave Johnson, 22, of Pasadena, Calif., the rocket scientist, who seemed both savvy and genuinely nice; and Christy Smith, 24, of Basalt, Colo., the deaf woman who could triumph if her disability isn't too much of a liability.

Otherwise, Shawna takes the million.

But what's a horse race without a dark horse, in this case, Jeanne Hebert, a 41-year-old dairy industry marketing maven who's as easygoing as she is cocky. She gets the final word: "Why not? Why can’t it be me?"

Obviously this is apeculative on the author's part however, he did meet them and speak with them and is giving us more than what we know.

Westie 4 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-03, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Westie Click to send private message to Westie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: The Amazons vs. The Men"
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-03 AT 01:44 PM (EST)

Come on now, y'all, this can't be the worst survivor ever. It is near impossible to be worse than S5. Though come to think of it, after S4 and InVEEsible's win, I said the next one couldn't possibly be worse.

This bunch looks much more interesting than the last creepshow.
I think the battle-of-the-sexes aspect will make for great interactions both within the tribes and between the two tribes.

The women will form cliques as we always do, but they'll pull together when the time comes. The cliques will become more important as the numbers dwindle. I do think that UNLESS Janet and flabby Deena are very tough,and/or very likeable/personable and/or very smart, they won't last.

The men do look cranky and glum, but I think they intend to - they're just trying to be their very own ideal of macho he-men. They're likely to p*ss each other off by competing for alpha male status. That may leave the older men in a better spot as they are less likely to be viewed as competition.

I'm looking forward to this season, & hoping for S2-style dramatics, backstabbing, intrigue and fun.

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-03, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "The Men Pix Question"
Does any one know when this pix was taken?

I know it is grainy but Butch looks to have his moustache in it still. Is this a very pregame pix? If so, then why the issue of the looks everyone has on their face? Just need clarification here.

Thanks,

Belle

01-24-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
32. "RE: The Men Pix Question"
I'm pretty sure this picture was taken shortly after they arrived at their camp. The guys are dressed exactly the same in the pics where they are building the framework for their sleeping platform. The only difference is that Ryan and Dave are wearing their floppy hats in the camp shots. They were probably haasked to take them off for the picture because they didn't make them look mean enough. They were also using machetes to build their shelter,which they are holding in the group photo...

Krautboy

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-03, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: The Men Pix Question"
Thanks. So would this mean they also had access to razors? I swear he is sporting a mustache in that pix. Then later it is gone. Why I ask, is some question has been brought up about when he shaved it off. This looks like he may have shaved after arriving at camp.

01-24-03, 08:01 PM (EST)
34. "RE: The Men Pix Question"
In this new camp picture from Day 1, Butch still has his mustache...

...but in this picture from Day ?, he has it shaved off...

So, you are correct that he shaved it off after arriving at camp.

Krautboy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •