The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Conspiracy Theory"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-11-03, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Conspiracy Theory"
Just figured I would mention this, since all of the factors of this casting announcment seem just a little out of place. I, personally, believe that these 16 are on the show, but ya never know. Here are just a few of the "Conspiracy Theory" thoughts...

*The cast was given away by CBS three days prior to when the announcement was supposed to be.

*Daniel has previously been on another reality show (Tough Enough)

*Jenna's pictures are all over the internet, she was on E!, etc.

*Everyone in the cast has been relatively easy to find on the internet (Pictures, Bios, etc)

*The background in the cast picture looks as if it was taken from a blue screen....

*Unless she can read lips, having a deaf contestant would be almost impossible to accomplish on a show such as Survivor.

*Overall, most "true fans" of the show can assess that this crowd looks like a weak cast....too many 20-somethings, certain parts of the country left with no contestants, no African-American male this time.

*Rumors are that CBS is announcing the Twist or part of the Twist on Monday.

Doesn't this sound just a little fishy? I'm sure I am wrong, but it's fun to question Burnett.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 I agree sorta GTmike 01-11-03 1
   RE: I agree sorta survivorscott 01-11-03 6
       Average Age : 31 Krautboy 01-11-03 7
           Also race make-up deviation Q 01-13-03 9
 RE: Conspiracy Theory Kokoro 01-11-03 2
 RE: Conspiracy Theory BMH 01-11-03 3
 RE: Conspiracy Theory J Slice 01-11-03 4
   Christy Smith Krautboy 01-11-03 5
 RE: Conspiracy Theory TorMan 01-13-03 8
   RE: Conspiracy Theory SPRocket 01-13-03 10
 RE: Conspiracy Theory SurvivinDawg 01-14-03 11
   RE: Conspiracy Theory VerucaSalt 01-14-03 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-11-03, 02:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "I agree sorta"
The fact that a lot of the information is out this early is kinda sketchy. I bet that this is the cast though. Would be a neat trick if this isn't the cast. Very very weird that CBS would reveal the cast so early. Not their style.

They may have had to cast younger peeps b/c of the harsh conditions?

To add fuel to the fire:
The link that people are getting the photos from doesn't work anymore. It links to a page that has the story from the morning show, but there aren't any links to pictures or a "see the cast" link.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-11-03, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I agree sorta"
I think the younger cast is to battle what was supose to be the final episodes of Friends. Trying to get a little of their target audience. I think we will see the same kind of age group for S8, when the end of Friends is here.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-11-03, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Average Age : 31"
This is the first Survivor in which MB has deviated from his "formula" of a 35 year average age. This season the average age is 31...

Krautboy

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-13-03, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Also race make-up deviation"
He also did not cast an african american male? Seems MB is really altering his casting requirements?

Thoughts? Bueller?

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-11-03, 03:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Conspiracy Theory"
Well it wasn't really given away, per say. Also, I just don't think it's such a big deal anymore since the media isn't in a frenzy over the show. Also, it really doesn't matter if we know who's on the show, because all we can do is speculate on what little we have (although I know we seem to have a large amount of spoilers this season and really, barring a major switch-up in the game ala S4, some of the things we do know should make general spoiling this season much simpler - It's time for MB to add another layer of leak proof coating for S7 ;)

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-11-03, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Conspiracy Theory"
What is so wrong with a group of young ppl??..I think it is a good thing alot like S1..face it the younger generation brings in rating not to mention drama,drama,drama just look at RR and RW

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-11-03, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Conspiracy Theory"
Maybe I missed something, but which one of the contestants is deaf?...

As for the lipreading thing, I would imagine that he/she could lipread, seeing as it'd be pretty much impossible to expect the other 15 to know how to sign... bet the lipreading thing could come in really handy (a la the episode of Seinfeld, where George utilizes Jerry's deaf girlfriend to see what other people are saying about him from a distance)

-=J=-

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-11-03, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Christy Smith"
J-
It's discussed in the Christy Smith Thread...

Krautboy

TorMan 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-13-03, 03:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TorMan Click to send private message to TorMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Conspiracy Theory"
*****SPOILER***** - if you have not seen "A Beautiful Mind" please beware of spoilers.

I don't know if anyone has posted anything similar but I just wated to get this out before the "Early show".

Fact: We are supposed to study John Nash's noncooperative game theoryand we will figure out Survivor 6 according to Jeff.

Fact: John Nash is the inspiration for the movie "A Beautiful Mind"

Fact: The twist in the movie is that some major characters in the movie do not exist except in John Nash's mind.

Speculation: Based on the game theory clue I think the cast that is currently being talked about is a fake.

Speculation: Survivor six is either the All Star or the Celebrity edition.

Disclaimer: This is wild speculation based on lack of sleep.

SPRocket 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-13-03, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SPRocket Click to send private message to SPRocket Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Conspiracy Theory"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-03 AT 05:16 PM (EST)

TorMan, congratulations on your first post. But I hope you got some sleep, because little of your post is on target or (in retrospect) correct.

Jeff Probst referring to John Nash's noncooperative game theory was supposed to refer to ALL of Survivor, not just S6. The concept that people are going to behave based on what is in their own best interest is key to this game, always has been.

While John Nash is the subject of the book and movie "A Beautiful Mind," watching the movie or reading the book will not give you as much insight into Survivor as you seem to think.

Clearly the cast has turned out to be true. TRUST the experienced spoiler sites! They are expert at weeding out hoaxes.

Mark Burnett has been quoted, and it has been posted on most spoiler sites, that he feels the best opportunity to do an all-star edition of Survivor is #9, with two former cast members from each of the previous 8 shows. This would most effectively prevent voting blocs.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-14-03, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Conspiracy Theory"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-03 AT 06:39 AM (EST)

I think that ONE reason for the younger cast is that MB is trying to appeal to his audience. Younger cast members do better in the harsh conditions of the game, and I think a lot of people, while sympathetic, were a bit put off at scenes of Pappy barely able to walk and Jan looking half-dead. So MB goes with a younger cast, who can compete better in challenges late in the game, and who look better on TV.

Edited to add: Don't get me wrong. Older people do well sometimes (e.g. Pappy, Jan and MamaKim). But I think (and hope) that y'all get my point...

And "Friends" still svcks...
Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-14-03, 07:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Conspiracy Theory"
Got your point SD!

IMO, I think the main reason for the younger cast is because he split them down gender lines. I don't feel there would be enough "sparks" if you know what I mean with an older demographic split down gender lines.

Imagine a group of men like Rodger, Jake, Ted, etc and a group of women such as Helen, Jan, Theresa, etc. I don't think we would see enough male ego and in the women's case either immaturity or exuberance or what have you. Personally, if you had two more mature tribes split down in gender, things might be a little too smooth as far as their socialization, organization and knowledge. Don't get me wrong, smart, organized people are all ages but COLLECTIVELY there may be more room for some mishaps, maybe some outbursts, etc.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •