The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 6 contestant - Joanna Ward"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-11-03, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 6 contestant - Joanna Ward"
Please post in this thread any spoilers, speculation or information you may come up on Joanna Ward

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 School Guidance Counselor Krautboy 01-11-03 1
 RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Joanna ... clemsonbeav 01-11-03 2
 RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Joanna ... Kokoro 01-11-03 3
 Articles PepeLePew13 01-17-03 4
   RE: Articles LurkerJo 01-23-03 5
       RE: Articles Sexishelly 01-24-03 6
           RE: Articles KeithFan 02-09-03 8
 My Theory on JoAnna doing well... TribalTex29 02-08-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-11-03, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "School Guidance Counselor"
Joanna Ward
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
School Guidance Counselor
Hometown:
Orangeburg, South Carolina
(Photo: CBS)

Krautboy

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-11-03, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Joanna Ward"
I just have to pull for her. She supposedly has a "strong build" according to Chill1. And plus, she's from good ole South Carolina (of course, that doesn't bring back good memories *cough* Nacho Mama *cough*).

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-11-03, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Joanna Ward"
Once again, according to ChillOne, Joanna is the third person voted out of Survivor: Amazon, this one seems to be sure (and not Jenna, Jeannne, Deena, Janet, etc.) because she was referred to as the "African-American contestant".

-----------------------------------

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-03, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Articles"
http://www.wnct.com/MGBK0W8PZAD.html

Carolina Woman Contestant on Survivor

Stranded in a remote section of the Amazon River, 16 Americans are forced to band together and carve out a new existence, form a cooperative society, build shelter, gather and catch food. Who will outwit, outplay, and outlast all others in the Amazon?

Among them, 31 year old JoAnna Ward, a school guidance counselor who lives in Orangeburg, South Carolina. Born and raised in Niagara Falls, N.Y., JoAnna Ward moved to Atlanta with her family when she was an adolescent. She moved to South Carolina to attend college after being recruited on a basketball scholarship. She went on to receive her bachelor's degree in English education and her master's degree in education in school guidance counseling from South Carolina State University. She currently works as a school guidance counselor. She is also an Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) Certified aerobic instructor.

Each contestant is allowed to bring with them one "luxury item" to the remote location. JoAnna took with her a picture of her mother, who recently passed away. As you'll learn, JoAnna is a very religious person and is very open about her faith. "One of my most enjoyable hobbies is lifting up the name of the Lord Jesus Christ in pure praise and worship."

http://www.thetandd.com/articles/2003/01/14/news/news4.txt

Orangeburg 'Survivor' tries for $1 million
By LEE HENDREN, T&D Staff Writer

Stranded in a remote section of the Amazon River rain forest in South America, an Orangeburg woman faced giant snakes, man-eating fish, alligators and hostile native people in her bid for a $1 million prize.

JoAnna Ward, 31, is one of 16 contestants in "Survivor: Amazon," the sixth installment of the popular "reality" series, CBS-TV announced Monday. "Survivor: Amazon" will begin airing in a month.

Ward could not be reached for comment Monday, but according to the CBS-TV Web site, www.cbs.com, "she is doing this to prove to herself that she is truly a survivor outside of life's common adversities" and has the support of family and friends.

She is a school guidance counselor, according to CBS.

The human relations department of Orangeburg Consolidated School District 5 said last year's list of available substitute teachers included "Joanne" Ward of Orangeburg, whose qualifications include guidance.

Ward was born and reared in Niagara Falls, N.Y., and moved to Atlanta, with her family when she was an adolescent, according to a biography posted on the CBS Web site.

She moved to South Carolina to attend college after being recruited on a basketball scholarship. She received her bachelor's degree in English education and her master's degree in education in school guidance counseling from South Carolina State University.

Ward, who is single, described herself as strong, courageous and independent. She has done several commercials and made a brief appearance in the movie "Juwanna Mann."

She considers becoming a born-again Christian as her greatest achievement. She enjoys fellowship with Christian believers and spending time with her son, Dontre'.

Ward is an Aerobics and Fitness Association of America Certified aerobic instructor. She also enjoys tae bo, basketball, biking, hiking, mountain climbing, running and rollerblading.

LurkerJo 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-23-03, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LurkerJo Click to send private message to LurkerJo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Articles"
The article looks like a copy of one already posted, but if you go to the actual site, there are links with some behind the scenes footage and an interview with Joanna.

www.wnct.com/MGBK0W8PZAD.html

Jan. 23, 2003

SURVIVOR: AMAZON

Stranded in a remote section of the Amazon River, 16 Americans are forced to band together and carve out a new existence, form a cooperative society, build shelter, gather and catch food. Who will outwit, outplay, and outlast all others in the Amazon?
Among them, 31 year old JoAnna Ward, a school guidance counselor who lives in Orangeburg, South Carolina. Born and raised in Niagara Falls, N.Y., JoAnna Ward moved to Atlanta with her family when she was an adolescent. She moved to South Carolina to attend college after being recruited on a basketball scholarship. She went on to receive her bachelor's degree in English education and her master's degree in education in school guidance counseling from South Carolina State University. She currently works as a school guidance counselor. She is also an Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) Certified aerobic instructor.

Each contestant is allowed to bring with them one "luxury item" to the remote location. JoAnna took with her a picture of her mother, who recently passed away. As you'll learn, JoAnna is a very religious person and is very open about her faith. "One of my most enjoyable hobbies is lifting up the name of the Lord Jesus Christ in pure praise and worship."

Survivor: Amazon begins Thursday, February 13th at 8 o'clock on WNCT.

Sexishelly 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-24-03, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sexishelly Click to send private message to Sexishelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Articles"
I can definitely see her as the first woman voted off. Rightly or wrongly she will get on people's nerves (and even alienate some) pretty quickly with a lot of religious talk. I think the spoiler on her being the first woman to go is probably on point

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-03, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Articles"
I think so too. I see Vee's religion crossed with Linda's ability to get under peoples skin. Not a good combination.

TribalTex29 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-08-03, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TribalTex29 Click to send private message to TribalTex29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "My Theory on JoAnna doing well..."
JoAnna, our resident African American on S6 does very well this season based on two things. The first being my personal feelings that she looks like the type who can be strong, get along well with others, and most importantly, stay quiet when she has to. But my other theory is based more on statistics based on my Survivor knowledge:

#1- If you look at how all the Survivors have played out, it has always alternated between a man and a woman winning. While I don't believe JoAnna wins, I do belive she makes it to the final 6 (not final 4) I also have to base my theory on previous African American women survivors...

1-Ramona (did poorly)
2-Alicia (did well-ok, so average, although if Jeff V. hadn't been the first voted off which led to the doom of their tribe, she might have made it all the way.)
3-Linda (did badly)
4-Vecepia (well, we all know what happened there-lucky winner)
5-Ghandia (ditto) not too good, even without the Ted grinding incident, Ghandia was screwed)

So, we have bad, good/ok, bad, good, bad. Now the natural transistion (like the male/female winner) is that JoAnna will do quite well for herself.

I'm throwing this out now. I may change my mind after the first episode.

TT29

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •