The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna Morasca"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-11-03, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna Morasca"
Please post in this thread any spoilers, speculation or information you may come up on Jenna Morasca

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna M... SurvivorBlows 01-11-03 1
 Stuff $4,999 college scholarship c... SurvivorBlows 01-11-03 2
 Pageant.net SurvivorBlows 01-11-03 3
 Venus Model Search SurvivorBlows 01-11-03 4
 Miss Pennsylvania USA 2002 2nd Runn... SurvivorBlows 01-11-03 5
 Nitelife show SurvivorBlows 01-11-03 6
 Swimsuit Model Krautboy 01-11-03 7
 RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna M... Kokoro 01-11-03 8
   RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna M... BMH 01-11-03 9
       RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna M... LurkerJo 01-12-03 11
           RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna M... SurvivorBlows 01-12-03 12
   RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna M... StrandedAgain 01-12-03 10
       RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna M... SurvivorBlows 01-12-03 13
           RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna M... ejm92 01-12-03 14
               Jana = Shawna Krautboy 01-12-03 15
                   RE: Jana = Shawna ejm92 01-13-03 16
                       RE: Jana = Shawna Kokoro 01-13-03 17
                           Jenna will NEVER win. Wacko Jacko 01-13-03 19
                               RE: Jenna will NEVER win. SurvivorBlows 01-13-03 20
                                   RE: Jenna will NEVER win. Wacko Jacko 01-13-03 22
                                       RE: Jenna will NEVER win. SurvivorBlows 01-13-03 23
                       RE: Jana = Shawna J Slice 01-13-03 18
                           RE: Jana = Shawna smrtNsassybnkr 01-13-03 21
 Aw, crap Round Robin 01-14-03 24
   RE: Aw, crap SurvivorBlows 01-14-03 25
       RE Article VerucaSalt 01-14-03 26
           RE: RE Article SurvivorBlows 01-14-03 27
               RE: RE Article Swami 01-14-03 28
                   RE: RE Article tribephyl 01-17-03 34
                       RE: RE Article PepeLePew13 01-17-03 35
                           RE: RE Article Swami 01-17-03 36
                               RE: RE Article tribephyl 01-17-03 38
                   RE: RE Article jkokoj 01-17-03 37
               RE: RE Article jkokoj 01-14-03 29
                   RE: RE Article SurvivorBlows 01-14-03 30
                       RE: RE Article jkokoj 01-15-03 32
                       RE: RE Article PhoenixMons 01-19-03 40
               RE: RE Article Siebured 01-14-03 31
                   RE: RE Article PepeLePew13 01-15-03 33
                   RE: RE Article MellowYellow 01-18-03 39
 Bump Bebo 04-29-03 41
   RE: Bump snoocharoo 04-29-03 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

01-11-03, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna Morasca"
OK, this clearly seems to be the same girl... and clearly she's the quiet, shy, wallflower type

http://www.pageant.net/jennamorasca/

http://www.stuffmagazine.com/sex/studies/index_jenna.asp

http://www.venusmodelsearch.com/popups/

01-11-03, 00:22 AM (EST)
2. "Stuff $4,999 college scholarship contest"
http://www.stuffmagazine.com/sex/studies/index_jenna.asp

Applicant No. 11
Jenna Morasca

College University of Pittsburgh

Birthday February 15, 1981

Major Zoology

Career Goals Host a show on Animal Planet

Faves Video games, Halloween, tattoos, the color purple (the actual color, not the book), her ferret

Miscellaneous Drinks only water, was in a Hawaiian Tropic pageant, totally likes the Backstreet Boys more than ’N Sync

01-11-03, 00:23 AM (EST)
3. "Pageant.net"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-03 AT 00:33 AM (EST)

http://www.pageant.net/offstage/archive/offstage2002q3.html

Re-airings of the "Wild On" episode featuring Miss Teen USA 1998 Vanessa Minnillo and PNB cover girl Jenna Morasca are as follows on E! (in EDT) Aug. 16, 12 a.m.; Aug. 17, 11 p.m., 2:30 a.m.; Aug. 18, 12 a.m. EDT. Voting is at www.eonline.com/wildon

Recent PNB cover girl Jenna Morasca competes to be the "Wild On . . ." host on Aug. 13, 2002, as E! Entertainment Television showcases its host contestants from "the Heartland." Check local listings. After the broadcast, viewers will be able to vote at www.eonline.com.

http://www.pageant.net/jennamorasca/

What do a bird, a fish and a mammal have in common? Jenna Morasca loves all of them.

This Pittsburgh TV personality has a soft spot for God's creatures, and a personal menagerie to prove it. They can be furry, they can be scaly, they can even be slimy (ick!), but to her, they're all beautiful.
And speaking of beautiful, who fits the bill better than Ms. Morasca herself? She has the sexiness of her Italian ancestors and the straight-talking spunk of a classic American girl. "Baby oil and high heels" is the way she puts it. Maybe you've seen her on the pages of Stuff and Maxim. Yes, this is the same girl.

Or maybe you've seen her in pageants. She has competed successfully at Hawaiian Tropic and Venus, and was second runner-up to Miss Pennsylvania USA.

What do a bird, a fish and a mammal have in common? Jenna Morasca loves all of them.

This Pittsburgh TV personality has a soft spot for God's creatures, and a personal menagerie to prove it. They can be furry, they can be scaly, they can even be slimy (ick!), but to her, they're all beautiful.
And speaking of beautiful, who fits the bill better than Ms. Morasca herself? She has the sexiness of her Italian ancestors and the straight-talking spunk of a classic American girl. "Baby oil and high heels" is the way she puts it. Maybe you've seen her on the pages of Stuff and Maxim. Yes, this is the same girl.

Or maybe you've seen her in pageants. She has competed successfully at Hawaiian Tropic and Venus, and was second runner-up to Miss Pennsylvania USA.

Do they have a "Bikini Animal Planet"?

01-11-03, 00:25 AM (EST)
4. "Venus Model Search"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-03 AT 00:28 AM (EST)

http://www.venusmodelsearch.com/popups/25a.html

FUEGO MUSIC- Winner of $2,000 modeling contract-Tawni Bentkowski. Winners of $1,000 modeling contracts each: Anjeli Sipe of Sharky’s Bar & Grill in Columbia Heights, MN, Paige Grofe of Bleacher’s in Liverpool, NY, Christina Jiminez of Graham Central Station in El Paso, TX, Jenna Morasca of Choo Choo’s Lounge in Erie, PA, and Tania Lamanna. Winner of Recording contract valued at $10,000-Kimberly Timpany of Vibe Night Club in Kelowna, BC.

01-11-03, 00:26 AM (EST)
5. "Miss Pennsylvania USA 2002 2nd Runner up"
http://www.tftj.com/miss/USA02/NC-TN/Iocalzz.htm

The 1st runner-up was Tiffany Burroughs from Bryn Mawr and the 2nd runner-up was Jenna Morasca from S. Fayette Twp. The remaining finalists were Donna Shepherd from Dallas (Top 5 '00, Top 15 '01), and Roxanne Platek from Pittsburgh.

01-11-03, 00:30 AM (EST)
6. "Nitelife show"
http://www.post-gazette.com/tv/20020112edwards0112fnp6.asp

NATPE is a stop on a road that started in Pittsburgh with the one-hour weekly show called "Nitelife" on WCWB. Now, its focus will shift to a national audience -- with spots for local stations to insert their own features -- with hosts Angie Corley, Charlie Eddy, Melissa Papa, Michel Wall and Jenna Morasca, with Falcon Hale doing a gossipy "Off the Record" report.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-11-03, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Swimsuit Model"
WOO HOO!!!

Jenna Morasca
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Swimsuit Model
Hometown:
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
(Photo: CBS)

Krautboy

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-11-03, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna Morasca"
According to Chillone, Jenna is in the final 4.

Now, he also says that this girl is less attractive at the beginning and more attractive at the end, which would lead me to Shawna or Heidi rather than Jenna the model, however, he has specific info that says the girl's name is Jenna so I think it's pretty concrete (Unless you think Jenna and Shawna sound alike ;)

-----------------------------------

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-11-03, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna Morasca"
UPDATE!!

Alright Chill one is back and has posted some more interesting info....

------------------------------------------------------
Well, The ChillOne is not done yet ... further intel tells me that:

4th place: Deaf girl
3rd place: Roger or Butch

which leaves Jenna and either Alex, Dave, or Matthew as the sole survivor.

Intel tells me that Jenna was "liked" more than her final 2 competitor (whichever dude that may be). But, we all know how that final episode can go ...

In any case, S6 WILL BE TONS OF FUN TO WATCH (whether you know the outcome or not; whether you read spoilers and threads or go into each episode cold) !!! I'm particularly interested in this installment as I was practically on top of the filming location and witnessed life in the Amazon at the same time as the competitors. I personally hope that is regains the ratings lead and pushes back in front of CSI and FRIENDS. Its the 6th installment, and, IMHO, not getting "old" at all. Keep up the good work !!!

- The ChillOne
-----------------------------------------------------
So according to this source...Jenna could quite possibly be the winner of Survivor Amazon

He is saying the Final 2 are Jenna and either Dave/Alex/Matt

LurkerJo 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-12-03, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LurkerJo Click to send private message to LurkerJo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna Morasca"
Here's the Web Site for her show, Nitelife. If you click on her photo, there's a little profile about her. (She hates people who lie!)

http://www.nitelifeshow.com/index2.html

Also, according to this article, she is a member of PETA. http://www.post-gazette.com/neigh_city/20020724rodeo6.asp

"Pittsburgh is a great place. We don't need a rodeo. If it ain't broke, don't fix it," Jenna Morasca, a local model who has spoken out against rodeos on behalf of PETA, said after the vote.
----

jo

01-12-03, 10:45 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna Morasca"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-03 AT 10:51 PM (EST)

Here's something else about her from the NiteLife site, who knows if these will give any spoiler-ish personality insights. But hey, at least we have probably the most physical attribute info that we've ever had

Btw, in case it comes in handy for vidcaps, based on a couple of additional photos they have posted there, it looks like she has a tattoo on the bottom right of her back.

Jenna Morasca

1. If you were re-incarnated as a car what would you be and why?
A red Corvette because it's flashy and gets noticed.

2. What is your favorite time of year?
Summer.

3. Describe your perfect date?
Going out to eat, seeing a movie, and just getting along and having fun.

4. If you had a choice of a dream vacation, what would it be?
Anywhere where I can lay on the beach, swim in the clear blue ocean, and scuba
dive!

5. List your top three pet peeves.
I would say people who lie and rude drivers

6. Name three of your favorite movies?
Gladiator
Little Mermaid
Goonies

7. What type of music do you like?
Hip Hop and R&B

8. What do you look for in a man?
I can't be specific. There are many things that I look for.

9. List your favorite night spots?
Anywhere that has a lot of room to dance, great music, and not to mention all of my friends!

10. If you had to pick a television show that mirror's your life, which one would it
be and why?
There isn't one and if there were I would be famous starring in it.

11. If a movie was done about your life, who would play your role? Why?
Liv Tyler. People tell me I look like her!

12. Tell us something about yourself that not many people know?
If not that many people know, why would I tell the world. It's a secret and maybe
one day you'll find out.

13. Give us your favorite pick up line.
There isn't one. You pick up food, not women.

14. What was your worst date?
I haven't had one.

15. How would you describe yourself?
Funny, honest, outgoing

16. If you had to pick a name to use in a chat room that describes your personality,
what would that name by and why?
Glitter, because I am a fan of Mariah Carey. I like my life to shine and sparkle like
glitter does.

17. What are your top three favorite foods?
I have too many to pick three but chocolate is #1

18. What makes a man or woman sexy?
A man who is in shape, caring, and fun. A woman who takes care of herself and is
always presentable.

19. What is the worst pick-up line you ever heard?
"You look just like my ex-girlfriend."

StrandedAgain 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-12-03, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StrandedAgain Click to send private message to StrandedAgain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna Morasca"
I think it's Jeanne. She fits the bill, Jenna was already rail thin arriving. Actually Shawna is cute too...I'll stick w/ Jeanne.

01-12-03, 11:02 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna Morasca"
I have a hard time picturing this obvious big-time media whore piece of eye candy lasting all the way to the final two (although if she does, Burnett must be salivating at the possible ratings, clearly this girl will be the bikini queen for as long as she's in the game.) From the limited interviews, etc. that we've seen this girl comes across as fairly arrogant, over-confident, and a wanna-be diva (ah youngsters... ) Looks or not, I can see this girl quickly wearing on her tribe -- especially an initally ALL FEMALE TRIBE (just think of the cat fights )

Has anyone from Pittsburgh ever watched this show of hers? Is she still doing it? She's wandering around a college campus somewhere, clearly some people out there are seeing her near-daily and should have some idea what kind of shape she cam back in -- and clearly this is the type of girl that makes sure she get's NOTICED when she's around.

-SB

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-12-03, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Jenna Morasca"
If the spoilers about Jenna going far into the game are correct, then we can assume either she or Hiedi is our new "Jerri-like" villianess? Or, perhaps Hiedi is Jenna's "Lamber" or something to that extent.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-03, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Jana = Shawna"
The discussion surrounding the Portuguese pronounciation of Shawna seems to lead to the conclusion that ChillOne"s source said that "Jana" was the woman that that started out ordinary and became a hottie (in the eyes of the Brazilian male) as the game progressed and she lost weight. Jenna is already a hottie at the beginning of the show. It turns out that the Portuguese pronounciation of Shawna comes out as Jana. ChillOne and us are the ones that made the leap from Jana to Jenna. The conclusion is that it is most likely Shawna that makes it to the final two, not Jenna.

There is also a rumor that Shawna and a male contestant (her F2 partner?) are dating post show.

We also have spec that Heidi and Jenna become allies on the show (both shown wearing a yellow feather in the tribe picture). And Milkshakey's spoiler that Heidi goes just before F4...

Conclusion:

F6: Jenna/Heidi
F5: Heidi/Jenna
F4: Christy
F3: Butch
Final2 Shawna/Dave?

Feels weird speculating about the PTTE a month before the show eve starts...

Krautboy

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-13-03, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Jana = Shawna"
THANK GOD for Brazilians pronouncing differently....I don't think I could've stomached Jenna in the F2, based on her attitude that we've seen so far from the real world.....and Shawna is at the top of my popularity list right now, so that's a big change....anyways, the Chillone source specs that the woman in the final two is more liked than the man, which means she probably is well liked....and we're looking for a Jerri-like villainess.....which still leaves us possibly at Jenna/Heidi?

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-13-03, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Jana = Shawna"
Oh thank the Lord! I really didn't want Jenna in the finals and I was wondering if it could've been Shawna since the names are so similar and Chill said he had communication difficulties.

I think it's an alright early assumption that the young girls all go far because they dominate the tribe 5-3 starting out the game and it looks like Jenna/Heidi hit it off early on. I can see either Jenna or Heidi being the b*tch, which is probably why the other girls decide to dump them ala Tina & Colby. I don't think a Jerri-like personality would ever make the final 4.

-----------------------------------

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-13-03, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Jenna will NEVER win."
She will never make it to the finals no matter what others say. She is the youngest contestant of the bunch and generally speaking the younger contestants don't fair well because of the level of maturity it takes to play the politics involved in the relationships the game of Survivor requires. Don't buy the hype with this one. The people who say she is the winner and the same ones that predicted Erin to win Survivor 5.

01-13-03, 04:47 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Jenna will NEVER win."
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-03 AT 04:47 PM (EST)

>bunch and generally speaking the younger contestants don't fair well
>because of the level of maturity it takes to play
>the politics involved in the relationships the game of Survivor
>requires.

I certainly don't think wanna-be diva here is going to win, but I'd have to disagree with this statement -- Exhibit A is S4's Neleh, Exbihit B is S1's Kelly, Exhibit C is S2's Colby, and Exhibit D is S3's Ethan.

Neleh and Kelly were 21 or 22 at the time of filming, Colby was 26, and Ethan was 27. The other finalists have been Dicque, Tina, MommaKim, Vee, Brian and Clay.

They might not win often, but 80% of the time to date a "younger contestant" has been among the Final Two.

-SB

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-13-03, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Jenna will NEVER win."
I do agree with you about the two girls. The guys were in there late twenties and there is a difference between being 21 and 27.

As for the girls there is the so called sweetness variable - Elizabeth, Colleen, and Neleh. kim Powers lasted longer for this reason. Neleh fits that bill but she in the end blew the game because of some of the actions....actions a much older contestant would not of made.

As for Kelly W., I didn't see enough of Survivor 1 to really comment.

Jenna, here is a swim suit model. Something tells me she will be lacking in the sweetness category. Just a hunch....others would have a hard time believing her sweetness. Plus. it's not like she is a rocket scientist if you know what I mean.

01-13-03, 05:06 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Jenna will NEVER win."
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-03 AT 05:10 PM (EST)

>I do agree with you about the two girls. The
>guys were in there late twenties and there is a
>difference between being 21 and 27.

I'm not saying there isn't... but I'd assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that when you mentioned "younger" it certainly would also apply to contestents that are in the lowest 6-7 year age bracket of a show that's featured contestants ranging from age 21 to age 70 (or however Rudy actually was.)

>Jenna, here is a swim suit model. Something tells
>me she will be lacking in the sweetness category.
>Just a hunch....others would have a hard time believing her
>sweetness.

Here's the scary thing about this girl, here's how she opens her CBS bio:

Jenna Morasca models swimwear on a freelance basis while also competing in beauty pageants. She has won the Venus Swimwear competition two years in a row (2001 and 2002) and was second runner-up in the Miss Pennsylvania U.S.A. beauty pageant in 2001. Additionally, she is currently a junior at the University of Pittsburgh, majoring in zoology.

She makes it sound as though modelling swimsuits in the Pittsburgh area and competing in local beauty pageants is a full-time occupation. Oh, and she also does this other little thing on the side... attending this thing called college to pass the down time.

>Plus. it's not like she is a rocket
>scientist if you know what I mean.

Um no... but if she lasts long enough, there might be one around who she can team up with

Some othe CBS bio nuggests:

. If she could hold political office, she'd be President of the United States so she could make all the important decisions.

No, no diva complex there...

Morasca's hobbies include horseback riding, sleeping and hanging out with her animals (she has a dog, a ferret, three birds, two guinea pigs and a fish).

Sleeping??? This is worse than the "drinking beer" and "eating pizza" hobbies that two of the guys list. And how much hanging out can you exactly do with two guinea pigs, a fish, three birds, and a ferret?

If she wins the money, she wants to buy a car and put a huge sound system in it, chrome wheels and detailing.

All the better to draw the attention of others would be my guess...

-SB

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-03, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Jana = Shawna"

>and we're looking for
>a Jerri-like villainess.....which still leaves
>us possibly at Jenna/Heidi?

Heidi as the nu-Jerri... hee hee... didn't anyone ever have a Phys Ed teacher that was truly frightening and evil? She looks sweet at first... hee hee... but then it's time to "climb the rope" whil she barks order at you... or something.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-13-03, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Jana = Shawna"
Let's see.....young, hot, beauty queen. Can you say female version of Richard Hatch? Watch out for the claws!!!

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-03, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Aw, crap"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-03 AT 00:41 AM (EST)

Burn-it finally puts another Pittsburgher on the show, and from what yunz are saying, it sounds like she's gonna be a backstabbing beatch. Dammit. I would have liked to have a local girl I could root for, but if this dame is another Jerri in training, how can I like her? Burn-it, you SUCK!!!

01-14-03, 06:58 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Aw, crap"
Lamber, now Jenna -- how's the Pittsburgh area keep getting so lucky!

-SB

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-14-03, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE Article"
http://www.post-gazette.com/tv/20030114survivor0114fnp4.asp

Interesting about the challenge
and at least she realizes wearing a itsy bitsy bikini isn't going to get her far with the women. The men however, looks like she is going to diva it up with them possibly.

01-14-03, 09:46 AM (EST)
27. "RE: RE Article"
Here's the non-fluff:

In the first immunity challenge, the women's team falls behind, but when one member of the men's team shows no aptitude for walking across a fairly wide balance beam, the women have an opportunity to come from behind.

Host Jeff Probst said two members of the women's team traveled to the Amazon expecting to use their bodies to their advantage but quickly discovered that "this is not the place you want to put on your bikini to show off your big boobs." Morasca quickly changed her strategy.

"She immediately said, 'I'm not going to wear a bikini around women. Women will judge me; they won't like it. But if I ever get around guys, I know how to use my body,' " Probst said.

Um, why don't I believe this comment. For starters, isn't Jenna one of the below:

"Her pageant background made it very fascinating," said Burnett. "She thinks that the way the pageant girls deal with each other behind the scenes is far more ruthless than you ever get on 'Survivor.' "

Probst said Morasca was at home with the competitive spirit of "Survivor."

"She made a lot of analogies throughout the interview process that this is no different than what I do for a living, going to pageants and trying to figure out how to get a leg up," Probst said. "She's really smart, especially when it comes to men."

Again with the "do for a living" line -- maybe I'm completely off base here, but how much of a "pro beauty pageant circuit" can there be in the Pittsburgh area?

Any here's Burnett's token tease for the two of you left out there who believe anything he says this time of year...

Although past "Survivor" seasons have never seen much in the way of romance, Burnett hinted at what to expect in the new season.

"There's sexier stuff in the Amazon than we've ever had," he teased.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-03, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: RE Article"
>>"She immediately said, 'I'm not going to wear a bikini around women. Women will judge me; they won't like it. But if I ever get around guys, I know how to use my body,' " Probst said.

>>Um, why don't I believe this comment. For starters, isn't Jenna one of the below:

>>

Well, yeah, she's wearing a bathing suit here, but the thing is they are all wearing bathing suits so this was a group decision. That's different and reflective of women agreeing on what is appropriate wear for a specific occasion.

This is the second pic we have seen of Jenna, Heidi and Jeanne together. TV Guide also reported that Jeanne was braiding Jenna's and Heidi's hair. These 3 seem to get along well early on. Assuming that women would take out the social outsiders first, as OFG speculated (Joanna & Janet seem most outsider like to me so far, and likely first offs for the women), these 3 women (Jenn, Jeanne & Heidi) could carry each other far.

Swami

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-03, 04:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: RE Article"
Swami.
I think you are mistaken on the identities of the three women in your pic posted above. They are Jenna, Christy and Heidi. Not Jeanne.
I completely agree with everything else you said, but I just wanted to make sure you started with the right 3 women in mind.

tribephyl

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-03, 05:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: RE Article"
>Swami.
>I think you are mistaken on the identities of the three
>women in your pic posted above. They are Jenna, Christy
>and Heidi. Not Jeanne. I completely agree with everything else
>you said, but I just wanted to make sure you
>started with the right 3 women in mind.

Looks more like Shawna to me, not Christy. The bathing suit seems to match the one in this picture...

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-03, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: RE Article"
Agree, Pepe. Shawna's swimsuit is very distinctive. The trio are L to R, Jenna, Shawna, Heidi.

Swami

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-03, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: RE Article"
Oops...

Mybad.

This shot helps out though. You can definitely see Shawna's curly hair now.

Jenna, Shawna and Hiedi. So the three of them are fast friends. Again, I agree with all the rest. Now that I have the right 3 in mind.

tribephyl

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-17-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: RE Article"
They look to be bathing to me or possibly washing clothes. I believe I read a quote somewhere talking about the women bonding first and doing things such as washing clothes and cooking and not building a shower.

If I am in the water and I brought only my bikini and it was all women I would not hesitate to wear it. It seems mighty hot in the Amazon.

01-14-03, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: RE Article"
Webby: being in pageants is a business and a way of life. I went to college with a few beauty contestants and that is what they did in their spare time. BTW that is how a couple of my friends got through college, on beauty pageant scholarships.

Additionally, my cousin married a an ex-Miss Ohio back in the early 80's. These women are really fierce and I think Jerri would not have done so well in S2 if Jenna was there!LOL We may have a female villian folks!

01-14-03, 02:45 PM (EST)
30. "RE: RE Article"
>Webby: being in pageants is a business and a way of
>life. I went to college with a few beauty
>contestants and that is what they did in their spare
>time.

I understand your point, but the key word in the above seems to be "spare time" -- as in it's not your primary occupation or activity -- it's not what you "do for a living."

You get scholarships from these things, right? Great, that covers room and board, but don't you still have to do something else "for a living" in order to pay your other expenses?

And if you're in college, is college something to do to pass the time between pageants or are pageants something used to be able to afford to go to college??? I thought college was the goal, that's why these are SCHOLARSHIP prizes and not CASH awards.

-SB

01-15-03, 11:32 AM (EST)
32. "RE: RE Article"
College and pageants were all these girls did. They basically had no other life. Some were in pageants so they could afford college. Others were at college b/c that is what was expected of them. Those girls were in it for the "fame" of winning pageants.

When you get to the level of State pageants you have to devote most of your time and effort to the goal of winning. Many young ladies have sponsers to help with the cash. Many also work in retail. If you have been doing pageants since you were a teenager or younger it becomes a way of life and it becomes a way to make a living. There are cash prizes, vehicle prizes, shopping spree prizes, etc. You could haul in a good amount of products by placing runner up to third/fourth place. Not a horrible way to make a living!LOL

I agree with you that pageants are designed so that young girls can win a scholarship and afford to go to college. However, that is not the intent of some of the girls I have known. They were in it for the thrill, money and acilades(sp).

Just so I am not offending any beauty pageant contestants out there, I had many friends that were/are wonderful and loved being in pageants. I also knew many girls who were simply cut throat about the process. This first hand knowledge leads me to believe that Jenna will be able to play this game very cut throat and use whatever tools she has picked up in the pageant circuit to aid her in winning. I believe she has alluded to this in interviews herself.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-19-03, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: RE Article"
Just wanted to shed some light on the whole pageant discussion...

The thing about pageants is that there are so many different pageant organizations and certain ones are all about beauty and not much else (the Miss USA org) and others are about personality/poise, talent, education, and beauty as well (Miss America). Jenna was in Miss USA - this system's areas of competition are almost solely related to physical attractiveness.

I was a pageant kid (in the non-beauty pageant type of program) so I know all about the differences between each type of pageant. The program I was in (Cinderella) is like Miss America for younger girls, only it's much less focused on the beauty aspect than Miss America. Granted MOST of the girls who entered and did well were at least relatively attractive (by societal standards) but there have been a number of girls who wouldnt't be considered "attractive" by those societal standards who've done very well in the program because of their other qualities. The program I was involved with is a great program and honestly, most of the girls were incredibly sweet and developed genuine relationships (the girls tend to stay involved until they are too old, so they develop friendships during that time) with other contestants over the years. My sister and I both won talent scholarships for our dancing through this program and used our scholarships once we went on to college.

When people speak of those catty and b*tchy types, the problems tend to begin with the "pageant moms" moreso than the kids...the kids with "pageant moms" are the ones who end up being those hated and b *tchy girls in Miss USA/Miss America when they are older because their parents teach them that winning is what's important. Anyway, I know that the vast majority of youth pageants are NOT like the one I was involved with and MOST are like the Jon-Benet Ramsey, makeup/poufy hair/gaudy outlandish costumes-type of deal. Another thing, the Southern states tend to take their pageants to a whole different level...everything is more over-the-top, more flashy, more BIG, LOL. Even in the program I was in in which the outfits are things you can buy from Robinsons or some other department store and the girls under 10 are not allowed to wear makeup, the girls from the Southern states always seemed to have elaborate/expensive clothes (usually more like costumes than clothes) and their little 6 yr olds had fake teeth! Sheesh, I got sidetracked just a little, LOL.

But, relating to Jenna, Miss USA would definitely be the organization for any old DAW with big boobs and a pretty face/body as opposed to Miss America (these are generally very intelligent well-spoken women and their winning typically has a great deal to do with their intelligence/speaking ability, of course they're almost always very attractive, but that's not the sole reason they are there). Often young women DO make a career out of pageants. For the Miss America pageant, the titleholder is obligated to pretty much give up her life for the reigning year in order to do whatever events/public speaking venues the program wants of her. I have no idea how Miss USA works in that respect, but based upon her bio, it sounds like Jenna is just doing the college thing because she's supposed to. Come on, Survivor is her ticket to fame (hehehe)...that's her whole reason for being on the show, dontchya know? Seems like a great deal of these folks are looking for stardom...biggest DAW season yet?

Siebured 83 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-14-03, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Siebured Click to send private message to Siebured Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: RE Article"
All righty now. Give us 'Burghers a break. Yeah, we're not famous for the Steeler cheerleaders, (there aren't any), but that doesn't mean there aren't a few potential beauty pageant contestants around here.
Granted, most of us are in the Mediterranean ethnic crowd that occasionally has to bleach our mustache, but, HEY, every city has its bright spots. Hell, Christina Aguilera is from here.
(hoping that's a good thing)

Didn't mean to interrupt. I just kinda took offense.
She's also not from Pittsburgh, she's from central PA going to Pitt.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-03, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: RE Article"
>All righty now. Give us 'Burghers a break.

>Didn't mean to interrupt. I just kinda took offense.
>She's also not from Pittsburgh, she's
>from central PA going to Pitt.

Don't worry... we're an equal-opportunity basher/spoiler here -- we get on EVERYBODY, not just Pittsburghers. That's what we do.

MellowYellow 346 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-18-03, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MellowYellow Click to send private message to MellowYellow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: RE Article"
and I might add Christina Aguilera shocked the hell out of me on the AMA by singing very well!

But back on the Jenna topic, she is very young and cute and I hope, for her sake, she went in saying she was a vet student, period. That would give her more lasting power than playing the swimsuit model card, with the men and women.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "Bump"
Since this almost fell into the archives.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-29-03, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Bump"
notice, no shots of her back side which according to the guys is her best feature. no pics of her shoulders from the back.

mariah carrey...isn't she a butterfly lover?

"And now I know how of Joan of Arc felt as the flames rose to her roman nose and her walkman started to melt"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •