The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 6 contestant - Butch Lockley"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-11-03, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 6 contestant - Butch Lockley"
Please post in this thread any spoilers, speculation or information you may come up on Butch Lockley

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Butch L... Kokoro 01-11-03 1
 School Principal Krautboy 01-11-03 2
 RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Butch L... Brownroach 01-14-03 3
 Shaves His Mustache Krautboy 01-19-03 4
   RE: Shaves His Mustache J Slice 01-19-03 5
   RE: Shaves His Mustache phonarr 01-19-03 6
   RE: Shaves His Mustache SurvivorBlows 01-19-03 7
       RE: Shaves His Mustache phonarr 01-19-03 8
   RE: Shaves His Mustache Bebo 02-13-03 10
       RE: Shaves His Mustache PepeLePew13 02-13-03 11
 RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Butch L... true 02-12-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-11-03, 06:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Butch Lockley"
One piece of info: PooPooMint, who identified him at SS, said he lost about 31 lbs. Of course, he doesn't really look slim to begin with (Although you really can't tell from availiable pictures), so it's possible he just went on a post boot diet.

-----------------------------------

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-11-03, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "School Principal"
Butch Lockley
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
School Principal
Hometown:
Olney, Illinois
(Photo: CBS)

Krautboy

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-03, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Butch Lockley"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-03 AT 04:09 PM (EST)

Hmm...lookin' at the mustache...

From TDT:
>>- As reported by PooPooMint at EZ, returned 31 lbs thinner and lacking his characteristic mustache.<<

In this picture his mustache looks neatly trimmed at the bottom, suggesting he likes to keep the length in check. As someone who sports a mustache and grooms it with regular trimming, I know that if I had to let it grow it out far beyond my liking, I would be inclined to shave the whole thing off and regrow it from scratch instead of trying to trim it -- especially if I felt too exhausted to groom it properly.

Now I don't know how attached Butch is to his mustache, but if he were voted off midgame, he'd have enough time to grow more than a vestige of it back before returning home, even if he shaved the whole thing off first. However, if he left at Final 3, he'd have just enough time to clean himself up, and would be home within the next 48 hours. Not enough time to grow back more than stubble, even for someone whose facial hair grows quickly.

That plus the weight loss would make me lean toward Butch as our 50-year old final 3-er, if the ChillOne spoiler is correct.

** edited to clarify thoughts

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-19-03, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Shaves His Mustache"

In this vidcap we Butch WITHOUT his mustache and he's in the boat with Daniel...

Post game reports state that he has not grown it back.

Since he's with Daniel and without his mustache we can assume he shaves it off early in the game, but after his offical picture.

The reason this is important goes back to the ChillOnes description's of the F4. He mentioned that he assumed the "older man about 50" was Rodger, because there was no mention of a mustache...but since we have significant weight loss and an explanation for the mustache, he's back as prime candidate for F4...

Krautboy

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-03, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Shaves His Mustache"
Hang on a sec:

Butch shaves off his mustache, apparently early in the game. How could he do that, if nobody brought a shaving kit? In the team pic, he clearly still has the ol' pushbroom...

Very mysterious.

-=J=-

phonarr 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-19-03, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail phonarr Click to send private message to phonarr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Shaves His Mustache"
Hang on a minute, since there's no shaving kit, wouldn't it be more likely that any man making it to final four would be sporting a moustache and a beard. Think Brian, Clay, Ethan, etc..

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-03, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Shaves His Mustache"
I think EVERY guy in the game decides to start out as "clean shaven" as possible -- figuring that they are going to be there a while.

Both he and Daniel are very clean shaven at this time:

So is Roger:

And Dave:

And Matthew:

And Ryan:

If no one has a razor, basically the facial hair of any Final 4 men is useless as a distinguishing characteristic, because EVERY male player has the attribute.

-SB

phonarr 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-19-03, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail phonarr Click to send private message to phonarr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Shaves His Mustache"
Well said SB, but on another point, if Daniel makes it far (big IF at the moment) his facial hair growth may not ba as substantial as some of the other male contestants. Asian facial hair is harder to grow and may be thinner and patchier.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-03, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Shaves His Mustache"
>Post game reports state that he
>has not grown it back.

Could this be an indication he makes jury, if not more? Typically, for the final ep, they try to have things look as similar as possible to the final TC (big example, the clothes). He may be sticking with the clean-shaven look since he would have to shave it off for that show anyway.

Royalty, shmoyalty...EVIL rules!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-03, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Shaves His Mustache"
That's true, moreso for the finalists and not so much for the jury itself. This would tie in nicely with the spoiler that a 50-ish male makes the final two ... as in Butch.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-03, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Butch Lockley"
Just like Janet and Heidi, our local news did an interview with Butch's wife.

Reporter: Anne Steffens, News 4

(KMOV) -- Butch Lockley and his wife Cindy have been married 17 years. They have three children -- Amanda, Josh and Andrea. She is a guidance counselor at the same middle school in Olney, Ill., where Butch is principal. News 4's Anne Steffens interviewed Cindy about Butch being a 'Survivor: Amazon' contestant.

Q: Tell us about Butch.

A: He's very nice, very caring, and very considerate. He's funny and he's great with kids. He's the best father and we just have an incredible time together. We have to work together so it had better be good. He's just one of those that makes it easy. He is an easy person to be around and he doesn't get too upset about much and so it's real easy. We never fight.

Q: What makes him unique to you?

A: His sense of humor. He has a great sense of humor, and how he takes care of us, and we take care of him. So it's just nice.

Q: Had he watched 'Survivor' before?

A: He has watched all the shows. 'Survivor' night is very, very important at our house and there are no interruptions for him. Probably didn't say it, but he might have thought 'Oh, that's a piece of cake. I could do that.' He had to believe he could do it.

Q: What made him want to try out for 'Survivor?'

A: From the very beginning of the show, when it first came on, the very first 'Survivor,' he's like, 'I could do that. I want to do that!' Then he decided he would make a tape, and that's how I got involved with it is trying to lead him in a way that I thought would be creative and be funny, and it would be fun to do. We kind of made it a family event, and our kids got involved in it, so it turned out to be a lot of fun just making the tapes.

Q: What did you say when he said he wanted to try out?

A: 'Oh, no. I can't believe you'd want to do this.' But he did. He had a dream. This is something he wanted to do, and he's one of those people that when he sets a goal, he goes for it, which I admire about him. So he stayed with it, and look where it got him. He loves to do things that are...he loves to hunt and fish and do things like that. So no, in a way I expected him to want to do that. He just really bought into the show, and I think you have to to be on a show like that.

Q: How did your kids react?

A: It brings you closer because you don't tell a lot of people what you're doing because it is somewhat secretive. So it does bring you closer as a family. You work on it together as a family, and you have to be supportive. You have to support him because that's what they want to do.

Q: Were you surprised that he was chosen?

A: Absolutely. When you think about the number...You know, we had an idea just from publicity how many people actually try for it, the idea that he was chosen was...you just almost had to pull yourself down from the air because you're so excited and so happy for him. You think, 'Pinch me. Is it really happening?' So I think he was just so excited about it all. He went over there very excited and really wanted to play the game and be a part of it, and I'm sure that's what he was.

Q: What is going to be his biggest challenge?

A: He hates snakes, so who knows? Really, this man hates snakes to the point to where he really hates them. It's going to be interesting. When I think of the Amazon, I think of snakes, and I think Butch...snakes...no, not good.

He's a very giving person and he puts other people first, and that would probably make it hard for him during this show, because I'm not sure that's exactly where that show is headed with personalities, so it's going to be a real conflict for him.

Q: What is his biggest asset?

A: He is such an up person. He is always motivated and he's always looking at the bright side of everything. He's a good person. They have someone there who was really excited about being there and I think they (the viewers) will be able to see what kind of person he is if they watch the show. I just think as they watch the show that they'll really find some things hopefully that they like about him.

Q: What if Butch hadn't been chosen?

A: We would have been making another tape and sending it in, I'm sure.

http://www.kmov.com/localnews/kmov_entertainment_030212_survivorbutch.360196c.html

"I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly" - Mr. Krabs

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •