The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Category 6: Day of Destruction"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-15-04, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Category 6: Day of Destruction"
SCENE: CBS movie programming headquarters, May 2004.

EXECUTIVE #1: Boy, that movie "10.5" on NBC did boffo ratings.
EXECUTIVE #2: Yeah, and that "Day After Tomorrow" flick is going great guns at the box office.
HEAD HONCHO: Any ideas for November sweeps?
EXECUTIVE #3: (thinking out loud) Hmmm, disaster flick, miniseries, C-list stars, fast-moving script that doesn't make any sense... I think we can work with this.
EXECUTIVE #2: Yeah! We can destroy a city with a tornado, hurricane, and a blizzard at the same time!
EXECUTIVE #1: Yeah! Yeah! And let's throw in a blackout caused by hackers, to make a gratuitous social statement about electricity, or something.
EXECUTIVE #3: All right! Let's demolish Chicago! I never liked that town anyway.
HEAD HONCHO: Sounds good. Do we have an idea for the title?
EXECUTIVE #2: I saw something on The Weather Channel about a Category 5 - so how about "Category 6"?

(all heads nod)

HEAD HONCHO: Okay. Let's do it.

--------------------------------

Despite the obvious ripping off of several sources, and not making much sense besides, I quite enjoyed myself in watching this show, and look forward to seeing the conclusion on Wednesday.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Category 6: Day of Destruction Bebo 11-15-04 1
   RE: Category 6: Day of Destruction dabo 11-15-04 2
       RE: Category 6: Day of Destruction Bebo 11-15-04 3
 Part 2 realitybites 11-18-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-15-04, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Category 6: Day of Destruction"
ROFLMAO. Total cheese.

Did they miss any cliches? The pregnant woman trapped in the elevator was such a giggle moment.

Mr. B and I (well, mostly me) heckled throughout this. He had high hopes for it, given the cast. I just kept reminding myself that Susan Sarandon was in "Rocky Horror", so cheesy plots, cliche characters, and ridiculous dialogue always qualify for heckling.

Please abide in my words, for my references speak of the truth that is within me.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Category 6: Day of Destruction"
I've got to admit, knowing that a stay at home wife can watch a TV report, conclude that the woman on the TV is having an affair with her husband because "she is very pretty," and actually turn out to be correct, that's scary.

I can't believe Brian Dennehy and Dianne Weist agreed to be a part of this schlockfest. How'd they convince them? "The Fujita scale only goes to 5, this goes to 6!"

Hey, Brian, the dog barks at midnight!

SMILES ARE FREE

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-04, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Category 6: Day of Destruction"
I've got to admit, knowing that a stay at home wife can watch a TV report, conclude that the woman on the TV is having an affair with her husband because "she is very pretty," and actually turn out to be correct, that's scary.

OMH, there wasn't more to her suspicions? I was washing dishes during that part and was sure I had to have missed something.

I have a theory that Brian Dennehy appears in so many cheesy TV pics because he likes the free food.

Please abide in my words, for my references speak of the truth that is within me.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-18-04, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Part 2"
The bad guys died conveniently (except for Lexer's PR homewrecker), the good guys survived (mostly) none the worse for the wear, Chicago survived the combined storms surprisingly well, and Amy finally got her story out.

I can't wait for the next disaster miniseries.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •