The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Potential Contestants?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-31-02, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Potential Contestants?"
Gleaned from other sites of some potentials, this is obviously not fact but could help. I am putting asteriks next to the people who appear based on the posters are more likely to be candidates. I didn't see a thread on this so my apologies.

Heidi**
24 yrs old
lives in Misourri
Her dates of absence fit the filming schedule and she came back 23 lbs lighter

Shante Jones
21 yrs old
Atlanta, Georgia
was absent during filming dates, applied for S6, still absent but could be staying extra time like Jessie in S3

Brenda Pafford**
45 yrs old
Memphis, Tennessee
Secretary
Made it to final interviews, became tanned and noticeably thinner, no family contact when gone. See pic of Brenda below

John Skaro
34-38 yrs old
Lunch Supervisor
Reisterstown, Maryland
Dates of absence fit filming schedule, returned looking tanned and more thin. There is a listing for John & Karen Skaro, Reisterstown in the Baltimore phone book. Reisterstown is a suburb of Baltimore. See link below based on search on him from Mess poster

http://www.bcps.org/schools/CES/Chatsworth/

Roberta Brodsky**
22 yrs old
Actress
location unknown
said she was going to rainforest, dates of absence fit filming schedule. See link below; seems like someone who would be picked

http://www.mikeandbenshow.com/staff/Brodsky.htm

name unknown (nickname Butch)
50 yrs old
school admin
Illinois
Dates of absence fit filming schedule, wont say where he was, semi-finalist on previous auditions, returned tanned and 30 pounds A teacher and/or vice-principal from Olney, IL

On the above, the name from Google is Butch Lockley 6th grade principal for East Richland School in Illinois. No pic on site. A Yahoo group post stated he took 6 weeks
off work for *something* survivor-related. People were saying when he left that it could have just be try-outs, but ???
Supposedly he just returned not long after December 12th

Will keep searching

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Potential Contestants? tribephyl 12-31-02 1
   RE: Potential Contestants? VerucaSalt 12-31-02 2
       RE: Potential Contestants? VerucaSalt 01-02-03 3
 RE: Potential Contestants? KeithFan 01-02-03 4
   RE: Potential Contestants? VerucaSalt 01-02-03 5
       RE: Potential Contestants? munson 01-02-03 6
 Bump sleeeve 01-05-03 7
   RE: Cast announcing VerucaSalt 01-06-03 8
       RE: Cast announcing bondt007 01-08-03 9
           RE: Cast announcing ivoryElephant 01-08-03 10
       RE: Cast announcing FesterFan1 01-08-03 11
           RE: Cast announcing VerucaSalt 01-09-03 12
               RE: Cast announcing Loree 01-09-03 13
               RE: Cast announcing Brownroach 01-09-03 14
                   RE: Cast announcing VerucaSalt 01-09-03 15
 Another one from SS jkokoj 01-10-03 16
   More from TDT on SS jkokoj 01-10-03 17
       Daniel Lue Brownroach 01-10-03 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-31-02, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Potential Contestants?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-31-02 AT 02:23 PM (EST)

Thank you very much for posting this VerucaSalt. It's been so eerily quiet around here lately. I also have a list. And there are a couple more names but, it would seem that the ** folks from your list are indeed the most likely of the list.
Just to add:
(orig.post.anthonymm13)
Mark Brashere
26 yrs old
Pittsburg, PA
Left early (in August) yet came back in time. Tanned and thinner upon return.
Thought to possibly be on production staff.

(orig.post.RWDKelly)
Tiffany ____
no age given
Human Resources Director
Beverly Hills, CA
Rabid fan who was missing during time of filming.
Poster has not reposted. No confirmation of weight loss or tan.
and
Michellyn Rosier
no age given(again)
Model
no location
said to have gone to Amazon for awhile and came back significantly thinner.

(orig.post.Justice X)
Grace Genanda
21 yrs old
Ballet teacher
San Carlos, AZ
Recent report from local AZ newssource, confirmed by mother of contestant. (I went to the link they supplied but it was a dead one.)

Thoughts are Carey Schueler might also be on, she could have been bumped from the S5 cast to S6. This is not a precedent. As Teresa, Robert, and Keith, were all thought to be originally cast for the prior season.

It seems unlikely that RWDKelly would know two of the contestants, and their revelations were done in the same manner.("I know this girl who really likes Survivor and she tried out and I just know she's gotta be on the show")Most likely an unreliable source.

We won't know for sure until the actual cast list is revealed, who from the list makes it but, as I mentioned earlier, it's so darn quiet around here, I had to take myself off of lurker status, and post something. Anything. Just to get some reaction.
We have such great spoilers and speculators on this board, I'm suprised no one is excited about the upcoming season. Or maybe it's just me and I CAN'T wait.

Edited to add that Macksy the original poster for Shante, noted later that Shante was indeed home before Christmas, where she mentioned that she stayed in a hotel for the first couple of days and then explored the rainforest for the remainder of time. So, her schedule now fits, and...she sounds like she mighta been a LLer.

12-31-02, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Potential Contestants?"
Per Milkshaky at SS

It has been confirmed that Hiedi Strobel, a Physical Education Teacher, was indeed a participant on the upcoming Survivor: The Amazon.

Here are the facts:

- She was gone for a few weeks in September.
- She then came back, and a week or so after, she had Camera crews at her workplace.
- She left again for a 6 week period. (October 29th)
- She returned to the states December 13th or 14th.
- She came back weighing 89 pounds. She originally was at 112..she almost had to be hospitalized.
- She can't tell no one where she was, or what she was doing.
- Hair falling out
With that amount of weight loss (23 pounds), you can almost bet she makes it past the merge, and could most likely make the final 4, and MAYBE even win!

Here is her pic (Sweetheart of 6?)

01-02-03, 07:52 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Potential Contestants?"
Looking into it some more.

The most definite of course is Hiedi which I posted above on Tuesday and another thread posted on same subject.

The potential Grace person seems more likely to be a hoax from what I am reading.

The Butch post is being even more confirmed. This man comes from an extremely small town and a poster on Sucks is being adamant not to contact this man at all. The poster "believes" Butch was on the show but not confirmed.

"He came back to work the Monday before we got out for Christmas break, and I work in a different building than him, so I didn't get a chance to see him personally. But several of the people that work at the Middle School said he appeared extremely thin compared to how he usually looks. Also, he had shaved his mustache (which he had sported for more than 26 years) and they said that made him look a lot different"

IMO, I think this poster is legit and he/she (PooPooMint) is going so far as to state they are not sure but signs point to him.

Shante poster (Macksy) is still waiting on confirmation for sure, but Shante has not been ruled out yet.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

01-02-03, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Potential Contestants?"
Ok, it starts in a month...when is CBS going to actually "introduce" the new cast?

01-02-03, 11:43 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Potential Contestants?"
Last season, cast was announced about a month before 8/15 with the show starting 9/19.

Show starts on 2/13/02 I believe?

CBS has play off games on the Jan. 11 and 12. There may be a sneak look at the show that time.

I would imagine the Early Show might do a cast announcement the week of the 12th then since that would fit a month time line.

The conference championship is on somewhere around the 18th/19th so probably more promos at that time also.

So if all goes according to past introduction, we may see something sometime in two weeks.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-02-03, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Potential Contestants?"
I thought I read somewhere on the board (but can't find it now) that the names will be announced on January 15.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-05-03, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Bump"
Bumping to consolidate forums.

01-06-03, 01:24 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Cast announcing"
Milkshaky was the one who said January 15 but not sure where the information was gotten from.

Like I mentioned above, I would keep an eye on The Early Show next week since the cast was announced one month before last season.

As of now, Hiedi's pic has disappeared from certain places. Whether that assists in proving, anyone's guess but so far there has been nothing to debunk her as a contestant.

The poster IMeltWithYou had a nice long post about her best friend's mother "Linda" which sounded extremely plausible in Sucks, however, it now appears to be a hoax.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-08-03, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Cast announcing"
From our archives regarding the announcment of the survivors:

S3 - started on October 11, and the official web site was up September 25, however, this board had most of the contestants identified on August 24

S4 - started on February 28, and the official site was up February 6. SB had the names February 4.

S5 - started September 18 and the contestants were identified August 15.

If S3 was not normal to find out that far ahead, the average is 20 to 30 days prior. So, yes, with the start date for S6 scheduled on February 13 (baring Iraq war coverage), January 15 to 25 is about right...

By the way, while I was looking into these dates, I noticed lot's of speculation regarding contestants sourced from the site "Surviiivor", and it seemed to be consistantly incorrect.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-08-03, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Cast announcing"
I hope that is really a pic of Brenda and that she really is on the show because she is HOT!

"To the other three still out there, break a leg......and I mean it" - Helen Glover

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-03, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Cast announcing"
My money's on Wed. Jan 22. It's gotta be sometime in the next two weeks, and it's the only day in that window that doesn't have a listing as to who's appearing on tvguide.com. If memory serves, they've put "the cast of Survivor 'X' is revealed" or some such jargon in the Early Show listing for at least the past 2 seasons.

Fester

01-09-03, 12:42 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Cast announcing"
I know I know, go to Sucks and be prepared. However, as you may or may not know a frequent poster there is Diane from Africa and in light of the fact she is a past contestant, I would deem her a little more credible.

A question was posed to her regarding Brian as the winner and in this thread she stated:

....you're talkin' about brian right? i've not met brian yet. so i don't know. from what i hear about him...he regards himself highly. i just hope the amazon series is better than this last one. from what i hear...it should be.
from what i hear....there's a woman on there that makes jerri look like an angel...and i hear one of the camps...gets hit by lightening(is that how ya spell it)....sounds interesting to
me

Putting this here since it does refer to a potential contestant. Hmmm putting Jerri to shame? That's quite an accomplishment.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-03, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Cast announcing"
...one of the camps...

Does this mean then there is more than one camp and they don't share a camp?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-03, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Cast announcing"
Veruca -- just to point out that the hoax post by SurvivorSibling contained the following:

>>My sibling did tell me that this year features a "super-villian" along the lines of a Richard/Brian. This villian is a woman but my sibling wouldn't give me specifics on her age.<<

Is it possible Diane picked up on that when she said she hears "there's a woman on there that makes jerri look like an angel"?

(not that it couldn't be true anyway)

01-09-03, 02:24 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Cast announcing"
Most definitely Brown, even Diane could suffer from hoaxititis

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-10-03, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Another one from SS"
According to SNN "Correspondent", Grey Matters...

-----------------------------------------------------
Charles Waller flew back from the Amazon with the group of jurors and finalists.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-10-03, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "More from TDT on SS"
truedorktimes
(1/10/03 11:07:02 am)
ezSupporter

Re: ^
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think Hiedi Strobel sounds very good, and that Butch Lockley sounds quite likely. Both are included in those lists.

Daniel Lue and Charles Waller (neither of whom appear in those lists) look good and great, respectively. Watcher at votedoff.tv has added James Hollingshead, who is also pretty close to a sure thing.

But I don't know anything for sure.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-03, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Daniel Lue"
LAST EDITED ON 01-10-03 AT 01:17 PM (EST)

Here's some posts on this guy from SS. I can't post pictures, but he's Asian, big-muscled (or he *was*, depending on when the photo is from).

saamje990102
(1/9/03 11:10:54 am)

Reply Possible Contestant - Daniel Lue
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long-time lurker, first-time poster (and registrant). Anyway, got this individual's name from my brother who used to work with the guy. Apparently (yet not confirmed) he informed someone in the office that he is on the next Survivor or this information was pieced together by former co-workers. Email I saw affirmatively stated that this individual recently spent time in the Amazon Rainforest. All I know about the guy is that he is late 20's - early 30's, an accountant, lives (or has lived) in Houston, and was a finalist for WWF Tough Enough (whatever that is). Finally, if the email that I was forwarded is accurate, we should learn the identity of all of the contestants in next week's TV Guide. I know this is not much, but wanted to pass along anyway. If any of you want me to ask some follow-up questions, let me know and I will ask.

saamje990102
(1/9/03 11:15:32 am)
Reply Re: Possible Contestant - Daniel Lue
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the text * (not that much moe informative). Maybe I'll ask if the sender actually talked to Daniel.

It seems that Daniel Lue will be in TV Guide next Monday. They'll be profiling him and some other folks. He's kinda hush hush about it, but he said he's been at The Amazon Rainforest and from what I've heard, the next Survivor will be in The Amazon Rainforest. Can you believe it? I'm dying to know how far he made it.

* text of the email referred to in the first post, I assume. -- br

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •