The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Helens Chat Transcript"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-23-02, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Helens Chat Transcript"
LAST EDITED ON 12-23-02 AT 02:31 PM (EST)

StoneyGRL: Helen. i'm sorry you lost, i wanted you to win!!! my question is what was it like to watch the show from home after it was over?

Helen: An eye opener because quite frankly I really knew a different Brian in Thailand and it was quite astonishing. The first time I heard a few of Brian's one liners it was really, well, at first I excused him. I said I think he's joking...I think he meant that tongue in cheek and then of course the more his true personality began to show itself, I realized I'd been duped all along. I was really thnking that that had been a one or two day evolution where Brian had thought I'd conspired against him and not checked with me on that but then I realized that this was a long time in the works.

MistleToe: Helen...I was sad when you were voted off I think you played the game very well..Now that time has gone bye have your feelings toward Clay and Brian changed?

Helen: Very much so. I've been able to accept the fact that I'm not going home with the million. I've congratulated Brian. I DO think that he played a good game. I just wish I'd been in the chair next to him rather than fourth. And I've now had an opportunity to get to know Clay outside of the game and he's a very very nice person. And I think my biggest regret, although I don't know how I could change it, is that I really wish that Clay and I had gotten along better

go_brian: Other than yourself, who would you have liked to see in the final 2?

Helen: Gosh, a number of people starting right off with Ted and Jan but I really liked Penny and Erin. I would have loved to have seen shii ann and jake I meanb there are an awful lot of comintations there if you take me out of it and you take brian out of it and quite frankly I really liked John Raymonbd and he was the first one off. Both john and tanyw were both wonderful and genuine people and I really would have liked to have seen them get a lot fuerther. and certainly I would have loved to see them in the first and second chair if it couldn't be me.

mommaloverherethan: Hi Helen...can you clear up the confusion on the Clay saying racist comment Ted said at the TC? Thanks?

Helen:Yes. First of all, I'd like everybody to understand that we did not discuss that in the game. I think there was an allusion that the fact that I might hhave used that to knock Clays chances in the game and that did not come up when I was in the game. After I'd gotten voted off, Ted and Ken came to me asked if I'd ever heard clay ever make a racist remark. now I had three choices: I could have said , no, but I would have been lying. I could have brushed it aside and not committed, but ted and ken would have known that that was a yes, so I answered with a straightforward yes and that is all I ever said. The comment was derogatory, it might have been a joke, to me it had racial overtones for sure but for me the game was over at that point and I didn't want it to be an issue in the game at that point because i didn't feel that anyone had treated anyone unfairly. .No and I never would have with the knowledge I had at the time

.MISTLETOE: Helen...being a sw instructor..why did you sit out on the underwater challenge?

Helenlaughs* Oh, I've been answering that since that show aired. First of all, that has nothing to do with swimming...that's a question on how long you can hold your breath! But I do deal with people who if theyre not confident swimmers, they tend to get very nervous in the water and under the water. So, my first suggestion was that either Ted or Clay sit that one out. Both of them refused. So, I checked again you know are you sure?? And they were getting angry. Now, one thing you have to understand about the game of survivor is that you have to tread very cautiously, you cannot make somebody angry by suggesting they can't do it. I've got three men standing there insisting that they can. I knew Brian could. I knew I could. Jan said she had no problem witha snorkel although Jan, honestly didn't do much better. Jeff was pressing us for which one of us was going to sit out. I was getting nowhere trying to get ted or clay to sit downb. so, finally I turned to jeff and said "I"LL sit down" honestly thinking at that moment someone would say that "ooh we can't have that" that someon would say that we had to get ted or clay or possible jan to si out but thats not how it happened. I eneded up sitting out. We ultimately won and I decided early in the game that i wasn't going to stick my neck out too much but I really rthought that had been a bad decision but its a decision you make on the spur of the moment.

bleslie: Helen, you and your husband seemed very cl;ose. How did this experience affect your relationship?

Helen:Helen: We were extremly close before and we are even closer now. I mean, we are a team in every sense of hte word and we have been since th3e day we started dating. I mean were a strong couple together andif ther were a couples survivor I wouldn't want to go against Helen and Jim Glover! Everything we do together we enjoye each others company very much. And I think if he would have walked away at that poin,t, I don't know hwat i wold have done

MistleToe: Helen, what did your hubby have to say about eating those bugs and did ya kiss him after he did?

Helen: *Laughs* You know I was more embarassed about hiim kissing me. I mean we hadn't brushed out teeth in 30 days! You know even when I saw what the challenge was I thought "oh, no! I can't imagine it!" And the bugs got more and more disgusting! And there were a lot they didn't show! They cut it down for TV and there were about four things they didn't show. I felt 'terrible that he had to do that for me and I was nervous that me might not win but every time I looked over at him he would give me that thumbs up and that confide look that i've grown over the years to really be confident in and trust

Froggy: If you could picka spot for the next survivor where would it be?

Helen: As a contestant I think i would pick the Greek island of Mykonos and if I were MB I think I'd pick Death vally

Grinch: Was there any "hankypanky" going on in Thailand"?

Helen: Well, not that I knew of because all of our tribe were married and I mean, you see how fast you find out about that with Ted and Ghandia. Meaning I think if anything had been going on it would have been hard to keepit quiet

MistleToe: What was your most embarrassing moment?

Helen: I lived in fear of seeing a snake out there. That was really the only thing I was deathly afraid of. I don't even like seeing them at the zoo or on tv and I saw other things, lizards, rats etc. Snakes just make me shake, they make me nervous and they make me ...scared. That said I was sitting down being quet and something had slipped down and brushed against my foot without my knowing it and it wasn't even something alive, but thats how nervous I was about snakes, but when that touched me I must have catapulted 18 feet in the air and screamed and just about had a heart attack! And thats very out of character for me. I;m very cool and reserved.

FunniestOne: Helen, have you seen "The lord of the rings"? I saw it last night and recomment it

.Helen: No, I haven't and thank you...I'll put that under advisement

Mandyky: Alot has been made of the puzzles this season. What was your favorite puzzle and hte one you struggled with the most?

Okay, first of all, anyone who knows me knows that I am NOT a puzzle person! So, imagine my delight when 90% of it to me seemed ot be puzzles! I am not one that thinks outside the box and the worst, the absolute worst was the one where you had to build the stairway! I mean , frankly if i'd have had a hammer I would hyave hammered every singel one in place I would have made it fit! Thats the fristratioin of it.

That is all I could get. She is VERY LONG WINDED!

But the major questions got answered:

She sat out the snorkel challenge because the men didn't want to sacrifice their pride and she didn't want to stick out. Clay and TEd were being Jerks in my opinion.

The racist thing: Ken and Ted asked her point blank. If she ignored the Q then they knew it was true that clay was racist. so she said "yes". And that was it. NOTHING MORE. She didn't want it to affect the game.

"To the other three still out there, break a leg......and I mean it" - Helen Glover

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Helens Chat Transcript SaphireLady 12-24-02 1
 RE: Helens Chat Transcript SurvivinDawg 12-24-02 2
   RE: Helens Chat Transcript PepeLePew13 12-24-02 3
       RE: Helens Chat Transcript SurvivinDawg 12-24-02 4
           RE: Helens Chat Transcript zzz 12-24-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-24-02, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Helens Chat Transcript"
Thank you, I was looking for the web chats and I am quite frankly a internet illiterate.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-24-02, 07:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Helens Chat Transcript"
to me it had racial overtones for sure

Just as I thought, and said in the other thresd. Helen INTERPRETED something said as being racist, then told two jury members that it WAS racist. I'd love to know what Clay did say, and I'd bet (lots of) money that it wasn't nearly as bad as she was saying...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-24-02, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Helens Chat Transcript"

>Helen INTERPRETED something said as being racist, then told two
>jury members that it WAS racist.

I'd like to hear from the lawyers on this board whether this could be a case for slander? I'd hate for the world to get the wrong assumption about myself in public like that -- not to mention the fact that Clay was on the wrong end of a 4-3 vote, which *possibly* could have ended up differently if it weren't for this interpretation of a racist comment. Would Clay have a case for "pain and suffering" and loss of income?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

12-24-02, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Helens Chat Transcript"
Well, Clay might have (and probably DID) say something, and that would probably be enough to rule out a lawsuit. Besides, I imagine the Survivor contracts have something in them so that lawsuits of this kind wouldn't be possible (but that's just a WAG (Wild-@$$-Guess))

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-24-02, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Helens Chat Transcript"
Generally--truth is a defense to libel or slander. Of course, if Clay did sue her and she repeated what he said, then, even assuming the jury believed her that he said it, it is possible they might determine it was not a racist comment. It is also possible they would not believe her that he said it.

What is racist, however, is so subjective, I doubt Clay could win. It is not like she accused him of actually doing something specific that she could not prove he really did.

Anyway--it sounds like Helen and Clay have reconciled, so I doubt that we can expect any law suits being filed.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •