The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"why are all the SO women emotional wrecks"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

hummingbird44 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-09-05, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hummingbird44 Click to send private message to hummingbird44 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"why are all the SO women emotional wrecks"
I have noticed that since the second season, all ot the women who are on the show are emotional wrecks. Why is this? Does the SO production staff think that women with emotional problems will be better for the ratings? What happened to casting women who are interesting and need help in other areas of their lives to start over. Brenda for example. She was a strong woman who had recently worked through her divorce issues and was ready to take her career in another direction. Or Audrey who wanted a career as a musician. Granted, imo she didn't have any talent for singing, and she could often be infuriating but she was not boring. There are several other examples from season one that I could mention, but you all get the idea. I am not saying that the show should entirely quit helping those women with emotional problems, but lets add some other house guests who face different sorts of life challenges and who are ready to start over too. Not all women who need help starting over are emotional wrecks. However, maybe Iyanla and Rhonda believe that they are the only women in the world who aren't emotional wrecks and what ever reason a house guest has for being on the show their must me an underlying emotional problem(s). In my opinion one of the reasons the starting over message board was terminated on the SO site is because posts like this one tread on Rhonda and Iyanla's domain. Any other opinions on this subject?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: why are all the SO women emotio... EnfanTerrible 11-10-05 1
 RE: why are all the SO women emotio... realritarunning 11-10-05 2
   RE: why are all the SO women emotio... MermaidMom 11-10-05 3
       RE: why are all the SO women emotio... realritarunning 11-10-05 5
 RE: why are all the SO women emotio... carlsbad 11-10-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-10-05, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: why are all the SO women emotional wrecks"
It's good TV.

realritarunning 5 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realritarunning Click to send private message to realritarunning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: why are all the SO women emotional wrecks"
"In my opinion one of the reasons the starting over message board was terminated on the SO site is because posts like this one tread on Rhonda and Iyanla's domain. Any other opinions on this subject?" The producers very well could have put the message board here so they can attract other reality TV fans.

I hardly think Rhonda and Iyanla have that much control over the web site. Besides, it's good for the web site and the show for people to stir up emotional reactions by such negative posts about the show. As far as the show having people on who are emotional wrecks... I have noticed that myself but I think they are trying not use all their resources to help people in just their careers as they helped Andy, Audrey, Brenda and hmm... her name is escaping me right now, but the redhead from the end of the first season. Starting Over shouldn't just be a stepping stone in someones career.

MermaidMom 4 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-05, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MermaidMom Click to send private message to MermaidMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: why are all the SO women emotional wrecks"
I disagree. I think it was MUCH better television when they were helping women with SPECIFIC life goals. Not some obscure emotional thing that could take years and years of therapy to deal with.

It's much more interesting to watch people take specific steps to help them toward a specific goal than it is to watch therapy.

I loved the first season with Andy, Maureen, Hannah, Brenda, and yes even Audrey. It's interesting AND inspiring to watch people take on new careers.

realritarunning 5 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-05, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realritarunning Click to send private message to realritarunning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: why are all the SO women emotional wrecks"
I didn't say that the concrete goals weren't interesting. What I said that the producers probably want to get away from the looking like they are just helping people with their careers because let's face it, they could have a lot of power and influence over it. That's why they took such a hardline on SUmmer last year. I like when they have both, concrete and emotional issues to get over in order for the concrete ones to happen... such as Andy and Tawanda.

We all want to do things in our lives but we don't always understand the hurdles in our way.

carlsbad 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-10-05, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail carlsbad Click to send private message to carlsbad Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: why are all the SO women emotional wrecks"
If you remember Rhonda and Iyanla's own stories their lives were totaly out of control also so that's what they are probably driven to find women who are emotional wrecks

NOVEMBER IS SWEEPS TOO-RATINGS RATINGS!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •