The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Supernova Love List: week 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Current Message

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-01-06, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Supernova Love List: week 5"
So what did you think of the week five performances by these eleven rockers? Have new favorites emerged, did old favorites make your heart beat faster yet again, or who disappointed and had you scratching your head wondering what the *bleep* was that?

Remember that a love list is all about you and whatever you want to base it on. As long as you’re being true to your feelings, then it is correct.

1) Ryan Star – R.E.M. “Losing my Religion” (6,8,7,3) Only something as spectacular as what Ryan did tonight could have knocked my mistress of rock Dilana out of the top dawg slot. That was just a dream! Ryan is indeed a star. Encore! Encore! Encore!

2) Dilana – Bad Company “Can’t Get Enough” (1,1,1,1) Yeah like I’m gonna knock my girl down much more after another killer performance. She amazes me each and every week with never a letdown. Now this is the way the rockers should change up a tune. She took kind of a ho-hum 70’s tune and turned it into a complete jam. Not only does she own the stage when she performs but the entire building. Dang you Ryan Star for forcing me to drop Dilana down to number two

3) Storm Large – David Bowie “Changes” (5,6,4,2) Toned down Storm is also super sexy. Sounded fantastic and Dave was right about the vulnerability just oozing out of her. Loved it and love her.

4) Magni – Coldplay “Clocks” (13,4,3,4) Mr. Consistency. Just waiting for the Iceman to climb out the limb and take a chance or two. Maybe seeing the wife and kids this week will thaw him some.

5) Josh Logan – Sublime “Santeria” (7,9,11,6) So not right for Supernova but who cares because I’ll enjoy what Josh does while he is still around. Loved the beatbox thing and when he is in his element, outstanding.

6) Toby Rand – Nirvana “Pennyroyal Tea” (10,3,10,7) Blah. Sang it well but this isn’t a Nirvana song that needs to be sung well. Where was the growl & scowl that was called for? Maybe Toby needs to be paying attention to the advice Dana is being given because the same could apply to this Aussie.

7) Lukas Rossi – Hole “Celebrity Skin” (3,2,5,5) Yikes. Was wondering what would happen when Lukas went wayyyy out of his comfort zone, well now I know. Maybe he was just being a nice guy by giving the other rockers the hope of being in the finally?

8) Dana Andrews – The Who “Baba O’ Riley” (14,12,13,8) Honey you aint Jordis. My dreadlocked girl sang this song with power and reckless abandoned while Dana just proved herself yet again to be rock wannabe. Props to the house band because they killed it as always and were finale introduced by first name, bout friggin time!

9) Zayra Alvarez – Tommy Tutone “867-5309” (2,5,2,10) Sorry but I also need a few more minutes to think this one over. Jeopardy tune ensues – Do Do Do … What is the entertainment value has just become over the top and silly? Ding ding ding … that is correct!

10) Patrice Pike – Stevie Wonder “Higher Ground” (8,10,9,12) Little puzzled as to why SN were so complimentary because I thought it was nothing special.

11) Jill Gioia – Simple Minds “Don’t You Forget About Me” (12,14,8,11) That performance was as fake as her hair extensions. Words can not describe how much I hated what she did to this 80’s classic. I’m all for a contestant trying to put their own spin on a tune but her spin was screaming it? Was there an annoying cheerleader type who never shuts-up in detention with Bender? Cause that’s who she was/is! The only moment I did enjoy was the look of pure horror on Sasha’s face when the Humpster came towards him. This may be the worst performance I’ve had to endure this season.

Booted: Phil Ritchie (11,7,6,9) – DirtyPhil was cool and talented but frankly I only saw him as a mid-show boot. Never once did I really feel he was frontrunner to win the gig. Liked that he did have his own style and stuck to it. Also liked the fact that he spoke from his heart in that newspaper article, but it definitely cost him a couple more weeks of putting his name & his bands interest out into the world.

The order the contestants appeared …

Patrice Pike – Stevie Wonder “Higher Ground”
Josh Logan – Sublime “Santeria”
Dilana – Bad Company “Can’t Get Enough”
Toby Rand – Nirvana “Pennyroyal Tea”
Zayra Alvarez – Tommy Tutone “867-5309”
Magni – Coldplay “Clocks”
Jill Gioia – Simple Minds “Don’t You Forget About Me”
Ryan Star – R.E.M. “Losing my Religion”
Lukas Rossi – Hole “Celebrity Skin”
Storm Large – David Bowie “Changes”
Dana Andrews – The Who “Baba O’ Riley”

And per tribephyl request, ditto for everything written above for him

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Supernova Love List: week 5   dreamerbeliever     08-01-06       
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   Glow     08-01-06     1  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   Glow     08-01-06     2  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   cycles2k     08-02-06     3  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   Glow     08-02-06     4  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   CattyChat     08-02-06     5  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   weltek     08-02-06     9  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   Breezy     08-02-06     6  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   nailbone     08-03-06     48  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   michel     08-02-06     7  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   weltek     08-02-06     8  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   bullzeye     08-02-06     17  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   Magnolia_Rocker     08-02-06     10  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   xwraith27     08-02-06     11  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   TanNymph     08-02-06     12  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   Glow     08-02-06     13  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   CattyChat     08-02-06     14  
     lame cop out excuse   Breezy     08-02-06     15  
         RE: lame cop out excuse   weltek     08-02-06     16  
         RE: lame cop out excuse   Glow     08-02-06     19  
             I did   Breezy     08-02-06     23  
                 RE: I did   Glow     08-02-06     34  
                     RE: I did   Tahj     08-02-06     37  
                     RE: I did   weltek     08-02-06     38  
                         RE: I did   Glow     08-02-06     42  
                     He wants to be a professional   Breezy     08-02-06     39  
                         RE: He wants to be a professional   Glow     08-02-06     43  
                             RE: He wants to be a professional   brvnkrz     08-03-06     44  
                             Heh   Breezy     08-03-06     45  
                                 RE: Heh   Glow     08-03-06     46  
                                     RE: Heh   Tahj     08-03-06     47  
                                         I completely see them picking a wom...   weltek     08-03-06     49  
                                             RE: I completely see them picking a...   Glow     08-03-06     50  
                                         RE: Heh   Glow     08-03-06     51  
                                         RE: Heh   Loree     08-03-06     52  
                                             RE: Heh   bullzeye     08-03-06     57  
                                             RE: Heh - Mind if I jump in on Luka...   cycles2k     08-04-06     58  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   Velcrohead     08-02-06     24  
         RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   Glow     08-02-06     31  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   geg6     08-02-06     18  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   Glow     08-02-06     20  
         RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   slickeronstate     08-04-06     59  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   nailbone     08-03-06     53  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   Velcrohead     08-02-06     21  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   SilverStar     08-02-06     22  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   geg6     08-02-06     25  
         RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   SilverStar     08-02-06     26  
         RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   weltek     08-02-06     27  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   Bebo     08-02-06     28  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   geekboy     08-02-06     29  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   ginger     08-02-06     30  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   nailbone     08-03-06     54  
         RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   tamarama     08-03-06     55  
             RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   ginger     08-03-06     56  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   tamarama     08-02-06     32  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   Sonicbluebird     08-02-06     33  
     RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   LittleFox     08-02-06     35  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   Loree     08-02-06     36  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   architecturegirl     08-02-06     40  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   Scarlett O Hara     08-02-06     41  
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5   cheesybread     08-06-06     60  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •