The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final voting - new twist possible?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

specie 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-17-02, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail specie Click to send private message to specie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final voting - new twist possible?"
While reading the thread about Brian's domestic problems, it hit me that MB has enjoyed playing around with the way the final votes were read: In S1, they were read at the time on the island (still my favorite way), S3 was the time trick where Ethan grew his beard to the appropriate length (and we wondered why MamaKim looked better). Would MB ever play with the final 2 voting again? Say, to re-do it during the final live segment? Or give the jury a chance to change their votes before the final tally?

just a thought,

Specie

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final voting - new twist possib... frisky 12-17-02 1
 RE: Final voting - new twist possib... smrtNsassybnkr 12-18-02 2
   RE: Final voting - new twist possib... Draco Malfoy 12-18-02 3
 RE: Final voting - new twist possib... Q 12-18-02 4
   RE: Final voting - new twist possib... PepeLePew13 12-18-02 5
       RE: Final voting - new twist possib... KevMo 12-18-02 6
 RE: Final voting - new twist possib... frisky 12-19-02 7
   RE: Final voting - new twist possib... ivoryElephant 12-19-02 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-17-02, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final voting - new twist possible?"
"During the two-hour finale, a pair of contests whittles the final four players down to two and the jury votes for the winner....The finale is followed by a reunion of all 16 castaways at CBS's Television City in Los Angeles."

The jury votes for the winner and then there's a reunion. The only thing the teaser says in between is a bunch of Indiana Jones muck-a-muck. Nothing about how the winner will be revealed, so EPM probably has something up his sleeeve.

I'm sure that it will be {yawn} surprising.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-18-02, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final voting - new twist possible?"
They almost make it sound like the jury will vote at the live finale. I think it would be a GREAT twist, if MB let the jury wait to vote until the finale. Then they could have the benefit of seeing who stabbed who in the back while the show aired. I think that would DEFINITELY add a twist, and Brian would get what he really deserves.....2nd place. I don't believe that is going to happen, but it WOULD put a new spin on things, and could give us a surprise winner. Would people still vote for Brian (especially the women) if they knew what he said in his confessionals? I'm sure Jan wouldn't appreciate the comment he made about her being "expendable" and I don't think Helen would appreciate the "loyal soldier" remark either. Not to mention the male-chauvinist (sp?) attitude he showed during his confessionals. How about Ted? Will he still "stand by his man"? I doubt it!

I can't see MB allowing this to happen,but I think it would be a wise move, and give us something TRULY new this season!

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-02, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final voting - new twist possible?"
Funny, I was thinking about this exact same scenario driving to work this morning, and I hadn't even read the boards yet. I'd love it, at least for this show, the problem is it would make people more guarded in confessionals and anytime a camera is around and ultimately make for less entertaining television in the long run.

Still it would be fun to watch Brian squirm as the jury confronted him about his confessionals. But it's something you could only do once without really affecting gameplay.

The Chamber of Secrets Has Been Opened. Enemies of the Heir... Beware!

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-18-02, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final voting - new twist possible?"
Personally, I hate the idea of votes being cast after the airing of the game. It completely takes the outplay and outwit out of the game. It adds back shut up and don't talk about other contestants at all to the cameras because they will see everything you say prior to casting their votes.

So what do you end up with. Contestants all walking around on eggshells, not commenting negatively about any other contestant. That would not make for good TV. The object of survivor is to hide your strategy and get people you vote off to vote for you. If you give away their inner thoughts to the jury, you make the game boring, IMO.

This is my complaint against Big Brother. If the votees had not been provided tapes by CBS, I think the final vote would have been different. Amy goes out saying she wants Danielle to win, them bam 12 hours later she is online saying she just watched the tapes and she will not vote Danielle.

In order to level the playing field, they should start and end the game on location. Revealing the votes later is cool by me as long as they cannot be influenced by apsects outside of the context of the game.

My 2 cents.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-02, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final voting - new twist possible?"
I agree. It might make for more exciting TV in the short term to have them all watch the tapes and vote -- but it's completely unfair to the contestants to be judged this way with the expectation that their comments are in confessional only and not for others to hear at the time. And it would completely kill all future Survivors if any of the contestants have it in the back of their mind that it's "possible" their comments would be shown before the jury votes. Nope, it'll never happen.

I'm one of these people who would ideally prefer it if we all went back to having the vote revealed on site at the time of the final vote instead of having the results sealed in a box until the live reunion. It makes for more spontaniety in the response from the winner, a la Richard. Just have each of the jury members and the finalists sign agreements that they CANNOT hint at who might be left or who wins or they pay a heavy price, simple as that.

KevMo 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-18-02, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KevMo Click to send private message to KevMo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Final voting - new twist possible?"
<De-Lurk>
The other issue would be MB's level of control over the outcome. His editing would dictate the vote. He picks the confessionals that get aired. At the moment this simply influences our feelings for the players and the level of drama that unfolds. Under this scenario it would decide the game.

Speaking of undue influence over the outcome, anyone have an update on the Stacey lawsuit, I never heard how that came out.

</De-Lurk>

KevMo

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-02, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Final voting - new twist possible?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-19-02 AT 00:08 AM (EST)

I posted this in the "Brian's wife arrested" thread also...

Could Brian's current MIA status be because he has to step back into the role of castaway like Ethan did (i.e. grow back beard)? Do they really think they can trick the audience like that again? Maybe not, but I do think his disappearance is a clue to how they will reveal the winner.

**edited for spelling

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-19-02, 04:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Final voting - new twist possible?"
They could do it like the Survivor UK show did.

They had a screen that showed each survivor casting their vote in front of the live audience.

"I got a kiss from Clay Jordan, oh my god am I queen for a day" - Helen Glover

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •