The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Possibility of a tie in final four?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-14-02, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Possibility of a tie in final four?"
There's very little to work with this week as far as spoilers - so how about some speculation.

Does anyone think there might be a tie vote this week? And if so, how will it be resolved?

Where are Jan's loyalties? Has anyone else noticed that she's the ONLY one who says NOTHING about strategy or alliances in her confessionals?

Is she alligned with Brian or Helen? Will Helen smell blood in the water, and get Jan on board with her?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Possibility of a tie in final f... I_AM_HE 12-14-02 1
 RE: Possibility of a tie in final f... BaquaR13 12-14-02 2
   RE: Possibility of a tie in final f... Q 12-16-02 5
 RE: Possibility of a tie in final f... phonarr 12-15-02 3
 RE: Possibility of a tie in final f... Masquerade_Mole 12-16-02 4
   RE: Possibility of a tie in final f... jsanb 12-16-02 7
 They call him Moses frisky 12-16-02 6
   RE: They call him Moses Loree 12-16-02 8
       If Brian didn't win the 1st Immunit... TribalTex29 12-19-02 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-14-02, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Possibility of a tie in final four?"
I think its possible but unlikely (and I'm going to be touching on several other things here...)

Also, it is a way for the betrayal we all expect to happen WITHOUT the betrayed person necessarily being voted out (IE Helen and Jan could vote Clay, but Brian betrays Helen by voting for her with Clay. Helen could win the tiebreaker and Clay could go, but Brian would have still betrayed Helen)

Also, we are only considering Brian betraying Helen. However, we all think he is too smart for that, that he would pull a Rich at F3 and have Clay or Helen take him to the final 3. I think a betrayal of Brian by Clay or Helen is also very possible, or a betrayal of Clay (instead of Helen) by Brian. Any of these scenarios could provide for a heated final TC as well

And I've said that I think if Helen goes 4th Brian will have a rough time with the jury against Clay when Helen and Ted compare notes, the same is true if Brian betrays Clay and he and Ted compare notes

Basically, I don't think things are quite so cut and dried as they seem

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-14-02, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Possibility of a tie in final four?"
Helen goes fourth, we know that. But the only reason she does is because Jan wins immunity. Now, because Jan has the immunity necklace she feels safe enough to vote with Brian and Clay to eliminate Helen. If she didn't have immunity, however, she would probably vote with Helen to force a tie because she would feel vulnerable herself. We have been foreshadowed of Jan's actions in the last episode. Jan mentioned both that she and Helen had a STRONG friendship and that she had never won immunity, both will become inaccurate next episode.

The Reality Show Queens!!

BaQuAr13

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-16-02, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Possibility of a tie in final four?"
Agree Baquar,

Jan would vote with Brian and Clay if she was safe. Why vote outside of the power group if you are in no danger.

All could change, IMO, if they knew how tie-breakers were to be decided.

ex. Jan has immunity, and they know the purple rock is coming for them if they dead-lock a tie. Then Jan can force the tie to come by voting against Brian/Clay and with Helen. She would be the only one safe from the vote, therefore she can use that opportunity to give Helen, a 2/3 chance of making it through the tie.

Would she do this though? Who knows, and they are not sure of the tie rule, so I doubt this will happen.

I just don't see this F4 voting for a tie. If either Clay (doubtful) or Helen (probable) goes next, it will be 3 to 1, IMO.

phonarr 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-15-02, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail phonarr Click to send private message to phonarr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Possibility of a tie in final four?"
Jan's lack of stategy talk has bothered me for a while too. I can't everremember her voting confessional ever being aired (although I haven't yet seen EP12- gotta love Aussie broadcasting). Is this because all she says is "... told me to vote this way to keep myself alive" or does she actually take an active role in the strategy?

Masquerade_Mole 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-16-02, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Masquerade_Mole Click to send private message to Masquerade_Mole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Possibility of a tie in final four?"
I don't care what Snewser says. I think there's a strong possibility of a tie vote at next tribal council.
It is my sincere hope that Brian gets screwed with the purple rock this time.

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-16-02, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jsanb Click to send private message to jsanb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Possibility of a tie in final four?"
Why, because he is the best player of this season, and you want some random act to take him out when the other players who have had plenty of opps to take him out refuse too? Jan does not deserve this game, and Helen blew her chances also by not taking out Brian in previous TC's and Clay in the last TC. Clay being so stupidly lazy doesn't deserve it either.

Are you some sort of UTR fan that likes to see a purple rock determine the winner(like what we saw in S4)?

Peanut Butter Jeff
"If you thought S3 was bad just wait until S5."

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-02, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "They call him Moses"
Brian says in a confessional on the CBS video archive that his tribemates call him "Moses." "Must be the beard, I dunno, I'll take it as a compliment."

I think these ladies are so brainwashed by Brian that they just won't stray. Helen thinks Brian is taking "H" all the way. Jan foiled the last opportunity to throw the change-up in Ep 11 with Helen and Ted.

They're staying put.

It would stir things up a bit though, wouldn't it, if Brian got stoned.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-02, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: They call him Moses"
Ted was certainly surprised once he watched the show and saw Brian's confessionals. And we know Ken was not impressed when he saw Brian making fun of him on TV. I wonder how the other final 4 feel when they watch Brian on TV now? It could be very interesting to see how they interact at the reunion show. I think alot of people voted for Brian thinking he was this great guy and they are now having second thoughts.

TribalTex29 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-19-02, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TribalTex29 Click to send private message to TribalTex29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "If Brian didn't win the 1st Immunity"
...then I think he'd be gone. The remaining four would have to know he is the strongest. But I think he does win, Helen goes, and then knowing that he has Jan and Helen's vote against Clay, he'd have to take Clay along. Anytime we see an alliance where you are sure that the last two bootees will vote a certain wway, you know it will be the opposite.

Editing exists to show lack of outright betrayal to throw off the viewer. That also makes me think Ted votes for Brian, because you saw how bold-faced Brian was in his lying to Ted the night Ted was booted. And Helen's discussions with her husband lead me to think that she doesn't vote for Brian, although I see no way she could vote for Clay over him.

Now the question is... why was Brian's wife Charmaigne angry enough to hit him, because he didn't win the money, maybe, maybe not. We all know the prospect of coming into a fortune can change people's attiude towards each other.

I'm still pulling for a shocking twist that lands Jan in the final two, with a somewhat secret alliance with Brian that she had all along. That would be fun. I never saw Vecepia winning, and that purple rock fiasco of last season really disappointed me.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •