The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Granny's "Hallelujah!" challenge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-13-02, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Granny's "Hallelujah!" challenge"
Very brief shot here, which I didn't include in the Vidcaps topic last night (sorry!).

Granny jumps off something, yelling, "Hallelujah!"

Then lands on the ground, near this structure.

I didn't include these last night, even though I wasn't sure if I'd ever seen them before. Now I've gone through the challenges from previous episodes, and it appears these are new. TrueDorkTimes is also reporting these as new, and speculating that these shots might be from the F3 "Indiana Jones" IC, which would put Granny in the F3.

I'm not disagreeing, but don't we have one more Reward Challenge to go? If so, this shot could be the F4 RC. If I'm wrong, TDT might be right and Granny could go to F3.

Anyway, it's discussion fodder. So dig in!

Bungler

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Granny's "Hallelujah!" challeng... Q 12-13-02 1
   RE: Granny's "Hallelujah!" challeng... survivormitsx 12-13-02 2
 RE: Granny's "Hallelujah!" challeng... Spidey 12-13-02 3
   Indiana Jones Spidey 12-13-02 4
   Indiana Jones could be IC for final... forehead 12-14-02 11
       RE: Indiana Jones could be IC for f... Spidey 12-15-02 13
           RE: Indiana Jones could be IC for f... forehead 12-16-02 16
 Foreshadowing survivorscott 12-13-02 5
 Clay's celebrating too? frisky 12-13-02 6
 RE: Granny's "Hallelujah!" challeng... SurvivorBlows 12-14-02 7
   RE: Granny's "Hallelujah!" challeng... ivoryElephant 12-14-02 8
       Yup... IceCat 12-14-02 9
       Not the RC that Brian won forehead 12-14-02 10
           RE: Not the RC that Brian won VolcanicGlass 12-15-02 12
               RE: Not the RC that Brian won MisPosMoose 12-15-02 15
 RE: Granny's "Hallelujah!" challeng... Outfrontgirl 12-15-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-13-02, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Granny's "Hallelujah!" challenge"
Jeff said last night during the Chevy Challenge, that that was the final reward challenge of the game.

Then at the end he said three days two chances for immunity, blah blah blah.

So Helen may in fact go next, leaving granny in F3???

survivormitsx 271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-13-02, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivormitsx Click to send private message to survivormitsx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Granny's "Hallelujah!" challenge"
...and she wins it!

If your happy and you know it, Do the Cooper dance!!

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-13-02, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Granny's "Hallelujah!" challenge"
I think she is just happy to have gotten over the damn net or what ever it is. Usually there is a "run" to the finish of some kid when using props for a physical challenge (and how can she win a physical challenge anyway?).

Is the "Indiana Jones" IC supposed to be the final IC or in the finale, because it couled be the F4 challenge as well. Given the "all-new" challenge pledge (which technically they have adhered to, I think), there is likely no Fallen Comrades IC. That would explain Brian at TC with the necklace, having already won this challenge earlier.

So could this just be a shot from the midst of the F4 IC? Even if it is a "victory" shot, how does that comport with the Brian at TC with the necklace image and the TDT spoiler. ie., if Brian has F4 IN, Jan can't win ANY remaining ICs.

An IceCat Original, 2002

12-13-02, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Indiana Jones"
Answered my own question. "Indiana Jones" is the theme for the finale, not just the final IC. Here's the link to that thread with the pertnent quote:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3371.shtml

An IceCat Original, 2002

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-14-02, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Indiana Jones could be IC for final 4"
When the TV Guide description for the final episode appeared on survivor fever, I copied it and posted it here on SB (currently on page 3).

--------------
From SurvivorFever.net:
Airdate: Dec 19th
During the two-hour finale, a pair of contests whittles the final four players down to two and the jury votes for the winner. According to executive producer Mark Burnett: “Think 'Indiana Jones' in terms of how (the final immunity challenge) is presented. The feel of the whole thing is definitely 'Indiana Jones,' that's what we were trying to create.” The finale is followed by a reunion of all 16 castaways at CBS's Television City in Los Angeles. Jeff Probst hosts the event and provides details about the show's next installment, Survivor: The Amazon.
---------------

Note "... (the final immunity challenge) ..." The original had square brackets, but I was unable to make them appear (something to do with html, I guess), so I replaced them with round brackets. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think having "the final immunity challenge" in square brackets means that Burnett used a word like "it" referring to something he said in an earlier sentence. Next, TV Guide chose not to use that earlier sentence and make the first quoted sentence comprehensible by replacing the "it" with "the final immunity challenge". BUT that may just be the TV Guide making its own interpretation.

My take on this is the Indiana Jones IC could be either final 4 or final 3. Note that TDT is using the above reference in deducing that Jan has to be in the final 3. I say, because we don't have the full literal quote from Burnett, we shouldn't be too hasty in concluding the Indiana Jones IC is final 3.

In fact, it would make a lot of sense for Indiana Jones to be final 4 IC, Brian wins it, and shows up with the IN at TC, just as we have it in a vidcap posted by Bungler.

Some have suggested that Brian appears at the final 4 TC with the IN, and he gives back the IN before the Fallen Comrades IC. I'm not sold on that though. Why have a seating arrangement with two rows, have Brian give back the IN to JP, AND THEN change the seating arrangement to one row for Fallen Comrades so that nobody can peek answers. I doesn't make sense to me. Somebody might want to check tapes with Fallen Comrades from prior seasons to see whether the change in seating arrangement was used before.

My tentative take is: IC 4 is actually -for a change- a different challenge.

TV Guide and vidcaps combined do not rule out the following scenario:

IC4 Indiana Jones like - Brian wins
TC4 Jan voted out (disposable)
IC3 Hand on the Idol, or something else - Brian or Clay wins
TC3 Helen voted out

If Clay wins the IC3 and votes out Helen, Brian will have played an almost perfect game.

Final comment: I'm a big TDT fan, and I totally buy into the final 2 spoiler. However, as Fester has noted before, TDT's speculation record has not been stellar this season. He hasn't convinced me yet on Jan making the final 3.

Thoughts???

forehead

12-15-02, 04:51 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Indiana Jones could be IC for final 4"
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-02 AT 04:53 PM (EST)

>Note "... (the final immunity challenge)
>..." The original had square
>brackets, but I was unable
>to make them appear (something
>to do with html, I
>guess), so I replaced them
>with round brackets.

I only saw the version with "think of Indiana Jones in terms of how it is presented." From the context it appeared to me that MB was talking about the finale in general. But this has me re-think it.

> BUT that may just
>be the TV Guide making
>its own interpretation.

Possibly, but the more I think about it, the more it seems weird that a whole 2 hours will be Indiana Jones-like.

>Some have suggested that Brian appears
>at the final 4 TC
>with the IN, and he
>gives back the IN before
>the Fallen Comrades IC.
>I'm not sold on that
>though. Why have a
>seating arrangement with two rows,
>have Brian give back the
>IN to JP, AND THEN
>change the seating arrangement to
>one row for Fallen Comrades
>so that nobody can peek
>answers. I doesn't make
>sense to me.

Me neither. I am thoroughly convinced this is a picture of F4 TC afterBrian has won immunity. "All new challenges" precludes Fallen Comrades and the seating seems to too.

So how do we get a Jan IC win AND a Brian F4 IC win AND a Brian/Clay finale? We don't.

So IF indeed Brian wins F4 IC, one of TDT's guesses is wrong. Since Jan winning F4 IC is merely speculation and Brian/Clay F2 a "spoiler," I'm sticking with the surer thing.

IMO, while Jan may not go at F4 (and TDT might know that), it is because Brian betrays Helen (at Clay's insistance) NOT because Jan wins IC. This also fits with the "betrayal and rage" is the CBS website misdirection.

An IceCat Original, 2002

12-16-02, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Indiana Jones could be IC for final 4"
Spidey:

I appreciate your comments!

>> BUT that may just be the TV Guide making
>>its own interpretation.
>
>Possibly, but the more I think about it, the more it
>seems weird that a whole 2 hours will be Indiana
>Jones-like.

I agree. I was thinking that Burnett had mentioned "an immunity challenge in the final episode" and referred back to it as "it", which TV Guide then interpreted as "the final immunity challenge"

>Me neither. I am thoroughly convinced this is a picture
>of F4 TC afterBrian has won immunity. "All new
>challenges" precludes Fallen Comrades and the seating seems to too.

Glad to see I'm not the only one to think this.

>So how do we get a Jan IC win AND a
>Brian F4 IC win AND a Brian/Clay finale? We don't.
>
>So IF indeed Brian wins F4 IC, one of TDT's guesses
>is wrong. Since Jan winning F4 IC is merely
>speculation and Brian/Clay F2 a "spoiler," I'm sticking with the
>surer thing.

Me too.

>IMO, while Jan may not go at F4 (and TDT might
>know that), it is because Brian betrays Helen (at Clay's
>insistance) NOT because Jan wins IC. This also fits
>with the "betrayal and rage" is the CBS website misdirection.

That's possible. Somehow, I'm still leaning to Jan getting the boot at the final 4 TC. Helen's husband comment about Helen not wanting to finish 3rd would be perfect foreshadowing. If Clay fails to win the final 3 IC, Brian would have to win it and vote Helen out, which could also produce "betrayal and rage".

Three days left to figure this out...

forehead

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-13-02, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Foreshadowing"
Miss jan was clearly heard saying "I haven't won a single challenge". This I thought was very interesting at the time. I thought it could have meant she won last night, but it could be for this challenge and foreshadowing for the whole contest.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Clay's celebrating too?"
Bungler, the CBS website video preview looks similar to the TV preview, except I noticed a shot of Clay celebrating on the web preview. He's throwing his arms up in the air and you can hear a quick audio of others cheering. He is, however, wearing his yellow shirt, so this could be from his IC win in the digging challenge vs. Ken. But then, there is a tall structure behind him that I don't recall from the digging challenge. I wonder if this is new material??

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-02, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Granny's "Hallelujah!" challenge"
If it helps, below are some caps from the digital feed... I don't recognize this from any challenge. And I threw in a shot of the TC jury before anyone starts saying they see Clay or any of the other F4 in the picture...

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-14-02, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Granny's "Hallelujah!" challenge"
In the shot of granny jan , doesn't it look like the RC where they moved the balls through the net that was entwined in the ladder? The RC that Brian won.

"I got a kiss from Clay Jordan, oh my god am I queen for a day" - Helen Glover

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-02, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Yup..."
Good eye, IE.

12-14-02, 04:44 PM (EST)
10. "Not the RC that Brian won"
I checked the RC that Brian won on tape (ep9). I think Jan was wearing a different shirt (just one color blue) under her overalls. In the vidcap above, I think she is wearing a bathing suit with different colors.

Other spoilers with better eyes than mine might want to verify this.

forehead

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-15-02, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Not the RC that Brian won"
It is a different shirt...

Also, in E9, the net was woven around the rungs of a ladder-type structure. Here, the net is resting on a board.

MisPosMoose 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-15-02, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MisPosMoose Click to send private message to MisPosMoose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Not the RC that Brian won"
Remember they claimed it was the ultimate immunity challenge. In survivor 4 (or 3 cant remember) they had the "ultimate immunity" and it combined old challenegs to make one large obstacle course... so the ball passing through the ladder structure may also be a part of the final 4 or 3 immunity challenge...

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-02, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Granny's "Hallelujah!" challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-02 AT 05:42 PM (EST)

To spidey, bringing it down to bottom of thread,

>>So IF indeed Brian wins F4 IC, one of TDT's guesses is wrong. Since Jan winning F4 IC is merely speculation and Brian/Clay F2 a "spoiler," I'm sticking with the surer thing.

Sounds right.

>>IMO, while Jan may not go at F4 (and TDT might know that), it is because Brian betrays Helen (at Clay's insistance) NOT because Jan wins IC. This also fits with the "betrayal and rage" is the CBS website misdirection.

I agree that it's very possible that Brian wins IC and chooses disposable Granny over loyal soldier and generates even more acute feelings of betrayal than would come if Jan won IC. Thanks for your observations on the seating.

Thank you Webby for that great vidcap of the jury at TC!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •