The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-12-02, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps"
As usual, we got very little. I could only find two shots I was SURE weren't from previous episodes.

Here's the text, just in case it'll help...

{Announcer} CBS Next Thursday, gather the family for the event of the week, the Survivor season finale
{JP} There are four left
{Brian} ...come a long way baby
{JP} Three tribal councils
{Clay, at Ep 9 IC} Yeah!
{JP} Two shots at immunity
{Jan} Hallelujah!
{JP} And in the end, only one survivor
{Clay, at the first Ep 13 TC} We're not talkin' 20 dollars, we're talkin' a million.

{JP} That's what makes Survivor the ultimate game.

{JP} Then join me for the reunion show. No singing and dancing, just answers to questions you've been asking.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps forehead 12-12-02 1
 RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps Bungler 12-12-02 2
   RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps bebekid 12-12-02 4
       RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps Bungler 12-12-02 7
           RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps bebekid 12-12-02 9
       RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps true 12-12-02 8
           RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps bebekid 12-12-02 11
               RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps katem 12-13-02 13
                   RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps bebekid 12-13-02 20
               RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps evanakm 12-13-02 15
                   RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps Q 12-13-02 21
 RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps true 12-12-02 3
   RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps NorthOfBoston 12-12-02 5
   RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps barrymore 12-12-02 6
 I Smell a Rat in the Editing Room..... IceCat 12-12-02 10
   RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Ro... survivormitsx 12-13-02 12
       Maybe Different Challenge? sweetpea 12-13-02 23
   RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Ro... SuperClyde 12-13-02 14
       RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Ro... survivormitsx 12-13-02 16
   RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Ro... ceedee 12-13-02 17
       RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Ro... SuperClyde 12-13-02 18
           RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Ro... VerucaSalt 12-13-02 19
               RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Ro... Q 12-13-02 22
                   RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Ro... smrtNsassybnkr 12-13-02 24
                       RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Ro... Spidey 12-13-02 26
                           RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Ro... Boilermaker 12-13-02 30
               RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Ro... jsanb 12-13-02 25
                   RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Ro... Brownroach 12-13-02 27
                       RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Ro... jsanb 12-13-02 31
                           RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Ro... Brownroach 12-13-02 34
                   RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Ro... VerucaSalt 12-13-02 33
 Curious Shot Spidey 12-13-02 28
   RE: Curious Shot FesterFan1 12-13-02 29
       RE: Curious Shot tribephyl 12-13-02 32
       RE: Curious Shot Spidey 12-14-02 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-12-02, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps"
Bugnler is the vidcap king.

If these are new, do we have Brian winning the final 4 IC?

12-12-02, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps"
Looks like Brian wins the first IC next week. He won this week (his first win of the spiky necklace), but the Survivors weren't dressed the same in ep 12's TC.

Ep 12 TC cap (Brian with IN)

Ep 13 preview cap (Brian with IN again)

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-12-02, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps"
Perhaps Brian does win the first IC of the finale. But if the final four IC is fallen comrades, you know they go to TC and then have the IC and then vote right after. All I am saying is this may be right after they get there and sit down, but before Jiffy can get the necklace from Brian and then have the IC.

12-12-02, 09:49 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-02 AT 09:50 PM (EST)

Bebekid -- good idea. However, isn't Fallen Comrades usually F3's IC? I can't remember.

edited to add: I just remembered that MB said F3's IC is some kinda Indiana Jones thing. Usually F3 is the hand-on-the-idol challenge. It's funny how I remember these things the second I hit the post button.

12-12-02, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps"
Fallen comrades was the final 3 IC in S2 only. In all the other seasons fallen comrades was the final 4 IC and the final 3 IC was some sort of endurance challenge.

Brian winning the final 4 IC fits nicely with the spoilers we have. I'm simply saying not to let this pic be definitive proof.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-12-02, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps"
Good point, Bebe...but if Jeff is already asking questions, I'd think the necklace would have already been returned to him. Isn't that the first thing he asks for when they arrive at IC?

12-12-02, 09:56 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps"
Yes, true, that's the only flaw in my point. It's possible they could talk for a few minutes and then Jiffy gets the necklace before they start the IC.

Like I said above, Brian could very well win it, I just wouldn't bet the farm on this one pic.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-13-02, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps"
>Yes, true, that's the only flaw
>in my point. It's
>possible they could talk for
>a few minutes and then
>Jiffy gets the necklace before
>they start the IC.

Actually before Fallen Comrades, there is very little conversation, Jeff gets the necklace and they get down to the challenge.

I think Brian is indeed the F4 IC winner. Fabulous job Bungler, as usual

(c) 2002 GeorgiaBelle Creations, Inc. All rights reserved

12-13-02, 09:56 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps"
Sleeeve has this to say about the vidcap in his final 4 thread:

"The vidcap is not fake, but feel free to go back and watch your tapes.
In every Survivor since S1, Jiffy starts the final four (in S2, it was final three) TC with questions to the group, just as normal... then he asks for the necklace back, then they do the immunity challenge.
This is designed to throw everyone off guard if someone unexpected wins (as happened in S1, S4, and apparently S5).
After the immunity winner is declared, Jiffy doesn't ask any questions... he merely opens up the floor to any final comments (ie deal making) before the vote happens.
So the vidcap is EXACTLY what we expect for the first TC... Brian is still wearing his necklace, and Clay is answering Jiffy's question... the IC hasn't even begun yet."

evanakm 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-13-02, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail evanakm Click to send private message to evanakm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps"
You're forgetting one thing: they don't sit in two rows for fallen comrades, they all sit in a line so that they can't see each other's answers. Possibly they play another game at TC for immunity.

It appeared that Jan was yelling "hallelujah" during a challenge. I suppose they could play a challenge on day 37 but don't reveal the winner until TC, but Brian would not be wearing the necklace in that case unless he won.

Draw whatever conclusions you can.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-13-02, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps"
Good Point there. They would be able to read the answers of the ones in front of them.

It just seems obvious that Brian has won this one. But how and when? We most likely do not have info needed for the conclusion yet. If they arrived for the Fallen Comrades IC, would jeff have not said, sit all in one row, or they would have had too because only 1 row would have been there for them?

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-02, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-02 AT 09:38 PM (EST)

If this shot isn't from tonights ep, Brian wins immunity again next week. He's wearing the necklace.

true

edited to add-
*waves* to forehead and Bungler. Thanks for the speedy caps Bungler!

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-12-02, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-02 AT 09:45 PM (EST)

HOLY COW; nice job!

I don't remember MB leaking something so blatantly before.

Unless there's some very crafty computer editing going on in the MB camp, we have our first IC winner. YAWN!

edited to add...

is Erin LACTATING for God's sake? What is going on with her boobs???!?????????!????

barrymore 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-12-02, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail barrymore Click to send private message to barrymore Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 13 Preview Vidcaps"
Brian hasn't won immunity before (except this wekk) and this is clearly not this weeks tribal council so I guess he wins agin in the final 4. That just seems too easy. That means his whole plan will come to fruitition. Vote out Jan. Then with Helen and Clay in final 3 lose the IC and he knows they (helen and clay) hate each other and they do not want to spend their last days in Thailand together. So clay wins the F3 IC and takes Brian...who wins the game easily.

My only question is don't they look a little fatter in the pics...could this be part of the reunion -- does Brian have the immunty necklace symbolizing that he is our winner???

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-02, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "I Smell a Rat in the Editing Room..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-02 AT 09:53 PM (EST)

Remember the fake TC pic in S1...

Note that Brian is wearing the same clothes in the preview pic as he was at tonite's TC.

Bungler, can you see if you have any caps of previous TC's where Jan is wearing that bright blue shirt? If you can, it would be illuminating to see how Clay, Helen, and Jan are sitting in that previous TC. If they are sitting in the same orientation then the Clay, Jan, Helen part of the shot might be from a previous TC and the Brian part may be cut and pasted in.

survivormitsx 271 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivormitsx Click to send private message to survivormitsx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Room..."
Also, that Jan "hallelujah" vidcap was new. That was DEFINITELY from a new challenge. If Fallen Comrades is indeed final four, then this means Jan is in the final three, and possibly takes it all.

If your happy and you know it, Do the Cooper dance!!

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Maybe Different Challenge?"
We are all assuming, based on previous shows, that Fallen Comrades is this IC. Well, MB did say he would have all "new" challenges this season and he hasn't used fire building and some of the others that he has used all of the time. What if he has a totally different challenge for Final 4? That would explain why they are not seated in one row.

SuperClyde 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-13-02, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SuperClyde Click to send private message to SuperClyde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Room..."
My thoughts exactly. Ever since we got the S1 picture that told us that Dirk, Joel and Gretchen were not long for their tribes, we haven't gotten anything nearly as incontrovertible except for the final four picture showing Rudy, Sean, Colleen and Gervase.

With that in mind, I'm a bit torn on this. They've done this before for final four, so we can clearly not pick Brian as final four IC winner.

On the other hand, the final four pic in S1 caused us to start second guessing everything of spoiler value we got from CBS. They know this, they would've counted on it, so we can clearly not pick anyone else as final four IC winner.

I guess either way, we've fallen for one of the classic blunders. The most well-known is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: MB has the upper hand with next episode preview vidcap spoilers.

survivormitsx 271 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivormitsx Click to send private message to survivormitsx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Room..."

Okay, i've watched that damn preview a bajillion times now, and am convinced there is a pic of jan, helen, and brian walking to tribal council WITHOUT clay. whats up with that? Also, I'm a firm believe that the final four challenge is indeed Fallen Comrades. If this is so, the Jan comment comes from the FINAL THREE CHALLENGE (The challenge even looks different) and jumps off in excitement because she wins. Also, at the beginning of the episode when it was the recap of last week, JP said "only one will remain" and who did we see? JANNY!

If your happy and you know it, Do the Cooper dance!!

ceedee 183 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ceedee Click to send private message to ceedee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Room..."
I've gone and looked at some video's - Chewies have been to TC in episodes 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, and 12 - obviously it wasn't 12, and I didn't go back and look at 1, 2 & 3 because of Clay's beard growth. The shot wasn't from 9, 10 or 11 - in each of these 3, they were in different clothes and the seating order was different.

SuperClyde 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-13-02, 04:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SuperClyde Click to send private message to SuperClyde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Room..."
Good detective work, ceedee. Gives some support to the legitimacy of the image. Brian still could've been added after, but we would've seen the IN on one of the other three. The point made above is also valid: If they're arriving for Fallen Comrades and Brian hasn't yet given up the IN, they'd be seated differently - more spaced out so as to not see each others' answers.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Room..."
One thing everyone has to remember though is that this season's "editing" has been completely different. After the Vee debacle, MB probably had a loooonnnng talk with his marketing people and what have you and found out the public was not happy with "hiding the winner"

This whole season has been more open and clear cut. Everyone has been much more visible. MB might be taking a new route to see how the public accepts it. This time, let's show the viewers their strategies and hey I'll throw in a cap or so of who wins because ultimately this season is to show the viewer what is going on and have them wonder "well he did this, so with this now happening, maybe he'll do that"

Not saying, this might not be prior to the challenge or an editing trick but we can't really base what he did before for this season because he is showing us the game differently this time.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-13-02, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Room..."
Good Point Veruca. MB has shook up his editing this season. Spoiler evidence has abounded this season. Maybe he figures that Brian is clearly going to be kept by Clay and Helen, so why hide the fact that he makes the F3.

I think time will tell this week. What other info comes out, etc.

But it just seems too clear to me that Brian is in the F2, Helen goes prior to it, due to the Husband comments about her not coming to go out 3rd (she may go 4th).

I will have to think about this one and hope I am not over thinking it.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-13-02, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Room..."
Q......you took the words right out of my mouth! I think Helen's husband's comments are typical misdirection. She didn't go there to come in third, she went there to win. However, she chose NOT to take the game into her own hands (she could have with the help of Jake). Brian basically told us last night that he will use Clay and Helen's dislike for one another against them. I think we will see that in the first TC of the finale. helen will come in 4th, not 3rd. Granny is expendable, and is unlikely to win any challenges (per her forshadowing..."I haven't won an IC yet"). Jan is NOT a threat, and therefore is safer to keep around than Helen, who could pull out an IC win. Brian and/or Clay will win the final IC, and boot Jan out in 3rd. Leaving Brian and Clay in the F2

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Room..."
helen will come
>in 4th, not 3rd.
>Granny is expendable, and is
>unlikely to win any challenges
>(per her forshadowing..."I haven't won
>an IC yet"). Jan
>is NOT a threat, and
>therefore is safer to keep
>around than Helen, who could
>pull out an IC win.
> Brian and/or Clay will
>win the final IC, and
>boot Jan out in 3rd.
>Leaving Brian and Clay in
>the F2

Why in the world would Brian chance Jan winning final IC? Clay is clearly liked the least and she would take him to F2, barring a Colby-moment. Or she could take Helen, her best friend on the island, for an all-gal final. IMO, Brian is the LAST person Jan would take to F2.

Jan MUST go out at F4, so Brian can tank the final IC knowing he has an F2 pact with the other 2 and assured that Helen and Clay won't break that pact and take each other. Even though Helen knows Clay is easier to beat, she dislikes him so much she won't even want to give him a chance at the big prize. And vica versa.
Once Jan is gone, Brian is an F2 lock.

All the editing has been way off pattern this time out. Clearly they are giving us the winner, knowing we are all saying "MB can't just be giving us the winner"

IMHO, the only way Brian doesn't win this thing is if TDT is wrong and he is up against Helen in F2.

An IceCat Original, 2002

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Room..."
I agree Spidey that Jan, barring an IC win, goes next week. Brian is the strategist of the group and he already alluded to using Helen vs. Clay. If he can get to the Final 3 with both of them, then either one will take him if they win the final challenge.

I think that Brian could be everyone left in a TC vote. He has played the game very well and some people will respect that. He will only need one or two Sook Jai votes to win.

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jsanb Click to send private message to jsanb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Room..."
Veruca,
I so disagree that we have seen the strategies, and last night was a classic example of what we DID NOT see. It was clear by Brian's comments twice that there was a CG pact made to have Ted be the first CG to after the merge and that deal was likely made after the Ghandia incident. It was a deal between Helen and Brian, and Clay and Jan likely signed on after the fact. It was likely a conversation that did not just take place at one moment but was followed up and then it was just an unspoken rule.

Now, if I am hallucinating about that then we at the very least missed the agreement that took place to take Ted out and that conversation took place during the time when Brian, Clay and Jan were brooding when Ted and Helen were gone at the camp.

Now MB might have told the editors not to have the winner be such a UTR character which I would agree with you, but I disagree that we have seen the strategizing that we saw in any of the prior Survivors. In fact S4 may have showed us the most in that respect.

Peanut Butter Jeff
"If you thought S3 was bad just wait until S5."

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Room..."
>>Now, if I am hallucinating about that then we at the very least missed the agreement that took place to take Ted out and that conversation took place during the time when Brian, Clay and Jan were brooding when Ted and Helen were gone at the camp.<<

Jsanb, Brian did say to Jan and Clay in this conversation that Helen "knows what needs to be done." So it seemed clear that there had been a plan to boot Ted discussed previously, and all four of them were privy to it.

We may not be seeing every single iota of strategy, but a few things have to be kept hidden in order to generate suspense. All the CG's strategies are intertwined -- as Jan said, there are no clear-cut alliances, and as Helen said, everyone is playing both sides of the fence -- so we're getting a pretty solid picture of what's going on, compared to S4, where for the most part we only heard Kathy strategizing.

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jsanb Click to send private message to jsanb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Room..."
"knows what needs to be done." was exactly what I was referring to. We saw the Rotu4 strategizing, we saw Neleh and Pascal. We did NOT see THE meeting with Sean, Vee, Pascal, Neleh, and Kathy until after in the review crapsule. We saw Vee & Sean talking a lot at times. I am not saying we saw it all it S4 either, it seemed to me, that we saw more of the alliance deals/conversations. But, you bring up a good point that there are no alliances like there have been(and as Jan mentioned) in the past couple of Survivors and so showing what Brian and Helen talking is all they can show unless they want to show THE conversation(s) where they agree to take out Ted, and I argue show me that... I would rather see that and not be surprised in a votw that I could figure out anyways.

Peanut Butter Jeff
"If you thought S3 was bad just wait until S5."

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Room..."
There were other occasions where I wish we'd seen more -- the Sook Jai strategies in general, and the Erin boot in particular, which came completely out of the blue with no set-up whatsoever.

But the lack of any specific Ted-boot conversation didn't really bother me, since there were enough hints throughout the episode that he was in danger.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: I Smell a Rat in the Editing Room..."
jsanb: one of the things I do love about this show is how the audience has different opinions. As I had stated the Vee situation last year IMO caused MB to do things differently.

Whoever (despite the TDT spoiler) wins, we have gotten more talk of "strategy" and when I mean "strategy" I mean, their thoughts, their opinions, their facial expressions (because that all has a connection with strategy) then we have seen from last year.

Brian practically laid out his plan last night
Helen advised her husband of her ideas
Ted told Helen his thoughts
Clay instigated votes against Ted
Jake tried to stir things up
Shii Ann made a overt effort with the Chewys

This has been a very visible, IMO, Survivor this season.

Brian clearly made arrangements/agreements with three people
Helen clearly wanted Clay out of there
Helen has shown where her loyalities lay
The operation get Shii Ann was not hidden

This is what I mean. So with that, why not show us Brian with the necklace ESPECIALLY if there is some indication to MB that he knows the spoiling community knows the final two even. But let's forget that.

I don't necessarily believe that giving us Brian as the IC winner would be a huge secret; that really doesn't upset an apple cart full of surprises. However, I don't necessarily believe it ISN'T just before the challenge either.

Either way though, I think MB took the audience's reaction to an invisible winner and changed his show because of it. Ironically, a lot of people are now angry because he isn't hiding things as much; that is really funny and just goes to show you how finicky we are as viewers.

12-13-02, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Curious Shot"
Immediately following the jury shot, when Jeff is saying "just answers to questions you've been asking," there appears to be a shot of Jan, Helen and Brian at TC, no Clay (and it is not during F4 voting due to positioning).

Unfortunately, I can't find the remote for my VCR and so I can't pause it and look closely. (Crappy old thing with only play, record, ff and rew on the face). It goes by very quickly. Maybe it is 1/2 of CG from an old TC, but I am very curious.

Anyone seen this and know it is from an old ep?

An IceCat Original, 2002

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Curious Shot"
I thought it was an odd addition, myself. Judging by the number of torches behind them, I figured it had to be from a previous episode. It looks like it's from the E9 TC judging by the 2 pics:

From last night's promo From the E9 TC (courtesy of CBS.com)

Note the same clothing and positioning of B/H/J.

Fester

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Curious Shot"
Not to mention the IN visible around Clay's neck in the bottom right of the Helen, Jan, Brian shot.
It is definitely from TC9

12-14-02, 11:27 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Curious Shot"
Thank you. It went by so fast I didn't see the IN on Clay. Good try, MB!

An IceCat Original, 2002

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •